Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your quote of the day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 18>
Author
tjadams View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Suspended, go back to historum

Online Status: Offline
  Quote tjadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your quote of the day
    Posted: 13-Dec-2011 at 21:19
A little flattery will support a man through great fatigue. 
James Monroe 

At no period of our political existence had we so much cause to felicitate ourselves at the prosperous and happy condition of our country. 
James Monroe 

By the last returns to the Department of War the militia force of the several States may be estimated at 800,000 men - infantry, artillery, and cavalry. 
James Monroe 

By these purchases the Indian title, with moderate reservations, has been extinguished to the whole of the land within the limits of the State of Ohio, and to a part of that in the Michigan Territory and of the State of Indiana. 
James Monroe 

From several of the Indian tribes inhabiting the country bordering on Lake Erie purchases have been made of lands on conditions very favorable to the United States, and, as it is presumed, not less so to the tribes themselves. 
James Monroe 

I have great satisfaction in stating that our relations with France, Russia, and other powers continue on the most friendly basis. 
James Monroe 

If we look to the history of other nations, ancient or modern, we find no example of a growth so rapid, so gigantic, of a people so prosperous and happy. 
James Monroe 
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2011 at 06:45

Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams. - Ashley Smith Smile

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 14-Dec-2011 at 06:47
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2011 at 09:40
"If it's looking grim and your losing... do what it takes to live". "Rules don't mean shit if your survival is at stake. Remember.... the other son of a bitch don't like you anyway. So worry about a courtsmartial later.''

Unknown US Cav Scout

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2011 at 09:55

I have had dreams and I have had nightmares, but I have conquered my nightmares because of my dreams- Jonas Salk

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 14-Dec-2011 at 09:56
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2011 at 12:09
''Don't use the mess kettle fer a pisser...it leaves a bad after taste and the cook ain't worth a damn anyway."

Unknown Cav Scout
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2011 at 05:30

When we are dreaming alone it is only a dream. When we are dreaming with others, it is the beginning of reality.- Dom Helder Camara

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 16-Dec-2011 at 05:31
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2011 at 17:42

We all have our own life to pursue, our own kind of dream to be weaving. And we all have some power to make wishes come true, as long as we keep believing. - Louisa May Alcott

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 16-Dec-2011 at 17:43
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2011 at 06:17

Let go of the past and go for the future. Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you imagined. - Henry David Thoreau

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 17-Dec-2011 at 06:18
tjadams View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote tjadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2011 at 12:04
A people free to choose will always choose peace.
Ronald Reagan

A tree's a tree. How many more do you need to look at?
Ronald Reagan

Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have.
Ronald Reagan

All great change in America begins at the dinner table.
Ronald Reagan

All the waste in a year from a nuclear power plant can be stored under a desk.
Ronald Reagan

Approximately 80% of our air pollution stems from hydrocarbons released by vegetation, so let's not go overboard in setting and enforcing tough emission standards from man-made sources.
Ronald Reagan

Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement.
Ronald Reagan

But there are advantages to being elected President. The day after I was elected, I had my high school grades classified Top Secret.
Ronald Reagan

tjadams View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote tjadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2011 at 12:05
A man who has never gone to school may steal from a freight car; but if he has a university education, he may steal the whole railroad.
Theodore Roosevelt

A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards.
Theodore Roosevelt

A thorough knowledge of the Bible is worth more than a college education.
Theodore Roosevelt

A typical vice of American politics is the avoidance of saying anything real on real issues.
Theodore Roosevelt

A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.
Theodore Roosevelt

Absence and death are the same - only that in death there is no suffering.
Theodore Roosevelt

tjadams View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote tjadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2011 at 12:07
All the rights secured to the citizens under the Constitution are worth nothing, and a mere bubble, except guaranteed to them by an independent and virtuous Judiciary.
Andrew Jackson

Americans are not a perfect people, but we are called to a perfect mission.
Andrew Jackson

Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error.
Andrew Jackson

As long as our government is administered for the good of the people, and is regulated by their will; as long as it secures to us the rights of persons and of property, liberty of conscience and of the press, it will be worth defending.
Andrew Jackson

Democracy shows not only its power in reforming governments, but in regenerating a race of men and this is the greatest blessing of free governments.
Andrew Jackson

Disunion by force is treason.
Andrew Jackson

Elevate those guns a little lower.
Andrew Jackson

AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2011 at 05:48

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world. - Harriet Tubman

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 18-Dec-2011 at 05:49
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2011 at 06:52

For an occurrence to become an adventure, it is necessary and sufficient for one to recount it.  - Jean-Paul Sartre

A lost battle is a battle one thinks one has lost.  - Jean-Paul Sartre 

Commitment is an act, not a word.  - Jean-Paul Sartre 

Like all dreamers, I mistook disenchantment for truth. - Jean-Paul Sartre

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 18-Dec-2011 at 06:55
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2011 at 19:09

People are never more insecure than when they become obsessed with their fears at the expense of their dreams.- Norman Cousins

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 20-Dec-2011 at 19:10
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2011 at 16:12

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.- Mark Twain

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 21-Dec-2011 at 16:13
tjadams View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote tjadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2011 at 16:38
An oppressed people are authorized whenever they can to rise and break their fetters.
Henry Clay

Courtesies of a small and trivial character are the ones which strike deepest in the grateful and appreciating heart.
Henry Clay

Government is a trust, and the officers of the government are trustees. And both the trust and the trustees are created for the benefit of the people.
Henry Clay

I have heard something said about allegiance to the South. I know no South, no North, no East, no West, to which I owe any allegiance.
Henry Clay

I would rather be right than President.
Henry Clay

If you wish to avoid foreign collision, you had better abandon the ocean.
Henry Clay

Of all human powers operating on the affairs of mankind, none is greater than that of competition.
Henry Clay

Of all the properties which belong to honorable men, not one is so highly prized as that of character.
Henry Clay
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2011 at 17:19

Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe. -Gail Devers

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 21-Dec-2011 at 17:21
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2011 at 18:51
Unsubstantiated belief is nothing but delusion.
DQ

"Never trust anyone who appeals to your desire to believe in something".
DQ

Edited by Don Quixote - 21-Dec-2011 at 23:54
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2011 at 23:42
"Half-saying is the internal law of any kind of enunciation of the truth".
Jacques Lacan
tjadams View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote tjadams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2011 at 10:06
A national debt, if it is not excessive, will be to us a national blessing.
Alexander Hamilton

A promise must never be broken.
Alexander Hamilton

A well adjusted person is one who makes the same mistake twice without getting nervous.
Alexander Hamilton

Constitutions should consist only of general provisions; the reason is that they must necessarily be permanent, and that they cannot calculate for the possible change of things.
Alexander Hamilton

Even to observe neutrality you must have a strong government.
Alexander Hamilton

Here, sir, the people govern; here they act by their immediate representatives.
Alexander Hamilton

I never expect to see a perfect work from an imperfect man.
Alexander Hamilton

I think the first duty of society is justice.
Alexander Hamilton
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 18>