Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alexander the great?The great what?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alexander the great?The great what?
    Posted: 18-Aug-2004 at 04:35
The great what? The greatest ego of all time, that's what. He believed that if he slaughtered his way to the edge of the world, there he would meet God, his father, and they would be united in unimaginable power. He didn't make it. 4th century B.C.
Rebelsoul View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Rebelsoul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2004 at 07:04

Yeah, get' em boy! You are so darn funny, keep it up!

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2004 at 08:13

Maybe because

He was king of the tiny Macedon, still he managed to crush the mightiest and the most powerful force on earth: the Persian Empire. An Empire 40 times larger than his.
Lannes View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Lannes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2004 at 15:36
Originally posted by Rebelsoul

Yeah, get' em boy! You are so darn funny, keep it up!

Don't feed the troll. 

τρέφεται δέ, ὤ Σώκρατης, ψυχὴ τίνι;
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2004 at 15:56
What do you mean by troll Lannes????????
We are all giving our ideas and I do respect the thoughts of others and do not want to disrespect anyone here. I know that we all know a great deal about ancient history and I respect everyone's beliefs.
Imperatore Dario I View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Imperatore Dario I Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2004 at 16:37

And to think I was arguing with this ignorant idiot in the Shapur I thread.

Let there be a race of Romans with the strength of Italian courage.- Virgil's Aeneid
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2004 at 17:10
Originally posted by Imperatore Dario I

<FONT style=": #000000">And to think I was arguing with this ignorant idiot in the Shapur I thread.

Calm down buddy!!!!!!!

Edited by jamshidi_f
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2004 at 17:22
Forget about Dario jamshidi_f...
He has problems..
Why is he so harsh
and why does he love the Romans so much??????????
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2004 at 17:42
Imperatore Dario I, I appreciate your ideas and respect you for your knowledge if History. As I have indicated prior to this we are just giving sources facts and ideas. We are not fighting like kids.
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Imperatore Dario I Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2004 at 12:18

Originally posted by feri

Forget about Dario jamshidi_f...
He has problems..
Why is he so harsh
and why does he love the Romans so much??????????

I have problems? I don't even know you and all of a sudden you launch a pre-emptive strike against me!? And once again, why shouldn't I love the Romans so much? Why do YOU love the Persians so much?

SOME PEOPLE!

Let there be a race of Romans with the strength of Italian courage.- Virgil's Aeneid
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2004 at 19:29
Everyone loves the Persians.   In some way or other (i.e.) loving to hate them etc..
warhead View Drop Down
General
General

Quote warhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2004 at 22:47

"He was king of the tiny Macedon, still he managed to crush the mightiest and the most powerful force on earth: the Persian Empire. An Empire 40 times larger than his."

Persia was large, but by then its far from the most powerful, as could be seen by its quick collapse after just 3 battles.

Shogun
Shogun

Quote Imperatore Dario I Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2004 at 18:36
VIVA LA BELLA PERSIA (Long Live Beautiful Persia)

Post Reply Post Reply