Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who is the stupidest current leader of the world?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who is the stupidest current leader of the world?
    Posted: 12-Jan-2007 at 08:49
My votes goes for George W Bush and Ahmadinejad.
The Canadian Guy View Drop Down
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2007 at 08:53
That is a hard one. Even most ditators are not stupid, they are just corrupted. I can't give you an answer. Hitler was not stupid, just corrupted.  Even tho he is not a current leader, but that is an example for my opinion.

Edited by The Canadian Guy - 12-Jan-2007 at 08:54
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2007 at 09:23
Mugabe, thinking he can replace experienced farmers with a bunch of homeless cronie thugs. Some don't realise it takes many difficult years of trial and error to farm successfully. Even if the rest of his country is, I doubt Mugabe goes hungry.
Dan Carkner View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Dan Carkner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2007 at 10:01
Hmmm, it's a difficult question, because most leaders have a PR campaign that tries to mask their stupidity ;)

We certainly know the most about the stupidity of Bush, but we could probably find an even stupider one in a smaller country..
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2007 at 11:10
Originally posted by Constantine XI

Mugabe, thinking he can replace experienced farmers with a bunch of homeless cronie thugs. Some don't realise it takes many difficult years of trial and error to farm successfully. Even if the rest of his country is, I doubt Mugabe goes hungry.

Mugabe could be called stupid because of his lack of foresight, he does however have widespread support in his country, does his Zanu PF rig elections, yes. Just like ethiopians and the Ugandans do. So the 'democratic concern' can be ruled out.

BUT, the failure of the agricultre is not becuase of his land reforms(End to neo-colonialism). Its a result of the EU sanctions and the supportive US initiative Zimbabwe Democracy and Economic Recovery Act.

Basically the West told him; N****r try now. Given the US history of the treatment of its African American population, the term sanctions would not have gone down well, hence another veiled term like Zimbabwe Democracy and Economic Recovery Act.

The Egyptians managed to run the suez canal, and in due time even with a hand tied behind their backs the Zimbabweans too will succeed in bringing their agriculture up to full production.
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2007 at 14:19
I'd say the Somalian president...
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2007 at 14:34
Originally posted by malizai_

Originally posted by Constantine XI

Mugabe could be called stupid because of his lack of foresight, he does however have widespread support in his country, does his Zanu PF rig elections, yes. Just like ethiopians and the Ugandans do. So the 'democratic concern' can be ruled out.

BUT, the failure of the agricultre is not becuase of his land reforms(End to neo-colonialism). Its a result of the EU sanctions and the supportive US initiative Zimbabwe Democracy and Economic Recovery Act.

Basically the West told him; N****r try now. Given the US history of the treatment of its African American population, the term sanctions would not have gone down well, hence another veiled term like Zimbabwe Democracy and Economic Recovery Act.

The Egyptians managed to run the suez canal, and in due time even with a hand tied behind their backs the Zimbabweans too will succeed in bringing their agriculture up to full production.

So you are saying that forcing experienced farmers off their land and replacing them with a bunch of inexperienced cronies won't harm the economy? Interesting one of Zimbabwe's neighbours took in a great many of the farmers shortly after they were evicted and simply gave them land, livestock and machinery outright. Their agriculture boomed, well enough to send Zimbabwe itself massive amounts of aid to feed its starving people.

It isn't just white farmers in where Mugabe's racist scapegoat policy has helped cripple his nation. His confiscation of property of South Asian merchants has also helped bring economic ruin. The man bring his own people disaster, whilst sanctions against Zimbabwe are only to be expected in response to such unacceptable behaviour.

Edited by Constantine XI - 12-Jan-2007 at 14:38
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2007 at 14:35
Bush,

He looks like Don Adams playing Maxwell Smart in "Get Smart"

Pinguin
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2007 at 15:54

Well they made the choice not to stay fed by their masters and if that means to starve free in changing the status-quo, than so be it. It is not experience that is in short supply but equipment/sundries. Also regional drought. Most white farmers destroyed everything before they left. Which neighbours, with what money.

Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2007 at 16:09
I read that it was Tanzania which accepted  them. But how exactly are the Zimbabweans freeing themselves from masters? Unless these farmers and merchants are controlling them from another country, then the Zimbabweans have no right to feel oppressed. It would be like people of the original ethnos in a European society persecuting Jews and East Asians for their disproportionately high stakes in financial markets. It looks like Mugabe's Zimbabweans are simply jeolous of their wealthier compatriots and Mugabe has decided to confiscate property and redistribute it among his political allies. To me it appears to be a mixture of jeolous racism and political kleptomania.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2007 at 16:31
Bush,

He looks like Don Adams playing Maxwell Smart in "Get Smart". I got a proof LOLLOL

Pinguin

malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2007 at 17:20
I suggest u read into the land problem and its racist colonial roots, to imagine that people weren't disinherited is wrongful thinking. The whole situation needed closure and if the amount of activity that has been shown since had taken place back then with an ounce of sincerity, the situation could have be averted. Originally what the govt had asked for was the use of excess land, but most farmers showed traditional arrogance and stubbornness bourne out of 18th century mindset.

I am quite familiar with farming equipment and have lesser familiarity with farming techniques and know what is out there. Nothing ground breaking that can not be picked up from farmers weekly.

There is no country that gave them land for free, if there is one then i would like to hear it. What is simply being offered is land available for cultivation on LEASE, and the farmers can buy their own equipment and bring this redundant land into use, translated Investment. The neighbors are inviting foreign investment, ofcourse the farmers can equally lease land in any part of the world.

Edited by malizai_ - 12-Jan-2007 at 17:26
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2007 at 18:01
Ahmadinezhad is a zealot, not an idiot.

Bush wins this hands down; a zealot and an imbecile.
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2007 at 19:45
But why does Mugabe insist on depriving ethnic minorities of their niche areas in the economy? It isn't just land, it is also many businesses run by those of South Asian descent. And Mugabe has shown himself particularly prone to giving these assets to his cronies and supporters.

Sounds like persecution and kleptocracy rather than trying to be equitable. Also consider how bad this is for Zimbabwean investment opportunities, foreign investors will be too scared to invest there for fear of their assets being confiscated on no better grounds than they are not black Zimbabweans.

There is a difference between a man who is trying to achieve equitable wealth and greater opportunities for prosperity, and a dictator who picks on minorities and then rewards his henchmen with stolen property. I doubt a man who demolishes the meagre shanty dwellings of Harare's homeless has any great sympathy for the plight of his impoverished people. Zimbabwe's government is a kleptocracy.
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2007 at 20:54
What equality?!, who was jumping up and down when the blacks were disinherited. Where was the notion of mutual prosperity, stolen land, equality and justice then, hmmmn. Those slogans sound very very hollow. There was no fuss!!. South Asian businesses is just a smoking gun. The only time i heard that was from an opposition leader saying that mugabe 'plans' to. However the guy that actually said that was from the war association and was sent to prison on fraud charges. There is no conclusive proof, because it didnt actually happen.

Even if a few opportunist try it; it is not policy.

Foreign investment, that is a funny one because despite the economic sanctions, the US has sold them Millions of pounds worth of arms.

malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2007 at 22:03
Originally posted by DayI

I'd say the Somalian president...

What do you expect, when he got back into Mogadishu,he  told reporters that US has the right to bomb "anywhere in the world". LOL

Edited by malizai_ - 13-Jan-2007 at 00:14
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2007 at 00:34
Originally posted by Malizai

Actually the failure of the crops is due to drought. When Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania and Botswana are all experience crop failure to extreme drought, its a bit rich of the media to suggest that Zimbabwe is experiencing crop failure due to their "evil dictator".
Originally posted by Constantine

So you are saying that forcing experienced farmers off their land and replacing them with a bunch of inexperienced cronies won't harm the economy?

When you say "a bunch of inexperienced cronies", are you talking about the black farm hands who have been working the land under the employment of the white "farmers"?
But how exactly are the Zimbabweans freeing themselves from masters? Unless these farmers and merchants are controlling them from another country, then the Zimbabweans have no right to feel oppressed

Yeah! Those lower classes have no right to feel oppressed no matter what the upper class do to them! I mean look at all these rebellons by people who "have no right to feel oppressed", Nelson Mandela, Malcom X, Martin Luther King.
Seriously Constantine, did you think about that sentence at all before you wrote it?
It would be like people of the original ethnos in a European society persecuting Jews and East Asians for their disproportionately high stakes in financial markets.

No, it'd be like the Aborigines forcing the White australians to give the land back to the aboriginies.
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2007 at 06:11
I wasn't aware there was a current 'leader of the world'...LOL. Well, there are definatly some very silly politicians and leaders going around these days and it's very hard to decide on one. Some previously mentioned ones like Mugabe are definatly candidates. 
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2007 at 06:48

Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

Originally posted by Malizai

Actually the failure of the crops is due to drought. When Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania and Botswana are all experience crop failure to extreme drought, its a bit rich of the media to suggest that Zimbabwe is experiencing crop failure due to their "evil dictator".
Originally posted by Constantine

So you are saying that forcing experienced farmers off their land and replacing them with a bunch of inexperienced cronies won't harm the economy?

When you say "a bunch of inexperienced cronies", are you talking about the black farm hands who have been working the land under the employment of the white "farmers"?
No, I think he means the people who have been given the farms so that THEY can go on benefitting from the labours of the poor.

But how exactly are the Zimbabweans freeing themselves from masters? Unless these farmers and merchants are controlling them from another country, then the Zimbabweans have no right to feel oppressed

Yeah! Those lower classes have no right to feel oppressed no matter what the upper class do to them! I mean look at all these rebellons by people who "have no right to feel oppressed", Nelson Mandela, Malcom X, Martin Luther King.
Seriously Constantine, did you think about that sentence at all before you wrote it?
The 'lower classes' - e.g. the farmworkers - have every right to feel oppressed by the 'upper classes' - i.e. Mugabe and their other political masters and landlords.
Why did you leave out of your list people like Wat Tyler or Spartacus or Thomas Payne? No race has a monopoly of rebel heros.

It would be like people of the original ethnos in a European society persecuting Jews and East Asians for their disproportionately high stakes in financial markets.

No, it'd be like the Aborigines forcing the White australians to give the land back to the aboriginies.
That's not the situation at all. It would be like a gang of aborigines seizing the farms and taking them over, leaving the rest of their people to labour on in exactly the same way as before. Mugabe is no communist.
Orwell prescientally described the situation in Animal Farm. The animals took over the farm, but the pigs ended up owning it (and collaborating with the former human owners).

(Since some people here are a little sensitive about such metaphors, I probably should point out that no disrespect is meant here by either Orwell or me. Except possibly to the pigs.) 

Edited by gcle2003 - 14-Jan-2007 at 06:49
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jan-2007 at 08:24

Great book animal farm.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>