Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dance/Trance/Techno/ and related?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dance/Trance/Techno/ and related?
    Posted: 09-Jan-2007 at 06:46
    I can listen to basically anything that falls under the genre of techno and electronic music in general, I find it very relaxing and strangely enough the faster it is and more bass there is the more relaxing it is

Well two artists that are currently my favs and get listened to the most are Basshunter and VNV Nation, I highly recommend them both.

Is anyone else a fan of this kind of music? and know any good artists and songs you recommend?
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2007 at 06:58
I like dance and electronica, especially the bass and high tempo. For slower experimental/dub and bass: Squarepusher are great in my opinion (ultimate relaxation. I like fast and techno/electronica-ised versions of songs. Squarepusher songs - Iambic 9 Poetry, Vic Acid (my favourite), Lost in Space...haha, CSS (forgot the full name) have a funny dance-type song, but ever so slightly disturbing. Some suggestions for dance are DJ Markski, DJ Twocan, Darude, Cascada, DJ Cammy (warning - very wierd), Bob Sinclair is good...many others of which I'll think of and post later. I'm failry liberal with my music taste - anything that is well thought out, constructed and executed is good music. 
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2007 at 07:16
ok,

now i feel old, square pusher?

trance, hard trance and the old (oxford street) type club music goes hard. i wasnt 'in' to any particular group/producers though

Edited by Leonidas - 10-Jan-2007 at 04:46
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2007 at 07:20
Originally posted by Leonidas

now i feel old, square pusher?

LOL Don't fear Leonidas...Squarepusher is just one of many many artists who I listen to and aren't 'mainstream'. It is just a guy (Tom Jenkinson) who makes music from his home studio somewhere in Europe- very obscure!
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2007 at 07:26
Trance, vocal euphoria and hard NRG is great provided it has the proper beat to it. For artists, my favourites at the moment are Armin Van Buuren, DJ Tiesto and Paul Van Dyk.

The thing is getting past a simple repetitive beat, to something where the artist has worked through it with twists, nuances and given it a good riff. I haven't been to a rave in ages, but with the way things are shaping up this year I have no excuse to miss one in 2007.
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2007 at 07:45
Originally posted by Constantine XI

...DJ Tiesto...

I knew I'd forgotten one [many actually]...

Other Trance/Dance/Electronica:
Paul Oakenfold, Pulsedriver, DJ Pulse, Daft Punk, Basement Jaxx, Scooter, DJ Zany, Faithless, Fatboy Slim, Armin van Buurin...that's all I'll say for now to avoid spamming Big smile Any more..just let me know
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2007 at 07:55
teisto, van burin i know these boys, saw teisto play at HOME what maybe two years agoErmm. Like basement jax, but im more into the harder stuff. I don't buy much just the odd Hard NRG (ministry of sound) compilation when it comes out.

Constantine i haven't been out for way way over 1 year, will do this year my fiance misses it a bit.

is it just me or are us aussie members into this more than others?

Edited by Leonidas - 09-Jan-2007 at 07:55
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2007 at 07:57

I think we are just too cool Cool

Oh and Zaitsev (below) - ta.

Edited by Knights - 09-Jan-2007 at 08:00
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2007 at 07:57
Well I don't normally listen to any of these, but I used to listen to PPK a bit. They're russian, so therefore awesome. Knights, the full name of CSS is:
Cansei de Ser Sexy
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2007 at 08:09

Constantine i haven't been out for way way over 1 year, will do this year my fiance misses it a bit.

I remember going to Two Tribes in Melbourne in 2005, a whole mini city of 20,000 ravers and it was an experience I can see myself telling the grandkids. For sure take your missus out for another one, it's such a blast I'm getting all tingly thinking about it.

Originally posted by Knights

I think we are just too cool Cool

Amen to that
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2007 at 13:39
I used to like it when it was closer to industrial. Now I listen to a lot of folk.
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2007 at 22:42
O and other ones I like are: The Crystal Method, Paul Oakenfold, DJ Sammy and E-Nomine. All great artists =)

and yeh it does seem us Aussies are more into it other than 2 others (unless they are Aussies aswell )

Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2007 at 23:01
Originally posted by Balaam

O and other ones I like are: The Crystal Method, Paul Oakenfold, DJ Sammy and E-Nomine. All great artists =)

Yeh good artists indeed Thumbs Up

and yeh it does seem us Aussies are more into it other than 2 others (unless they are Aussies aswell )

2 others? Everyone who has posted in this topic so far live in Australia except Hugoestr (as far as I'm aware)...Zaitsev, Leonidas, Constantine, You and I are in the land down under Smile Does that sound right?

Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2007 at 23:15
Well Zaitsev doesn't have his location under his avatar so I never knew, know is the quest to see where Hugoestr comes from
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2007 at 23:24

Well Zaitsev doesn't have his location under his avatar so I never knew, know is the quest to see where Hugoestr comes from

Fair enough....Tongue
haha...where does Hugoestr come from?
shurite7 View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote shurite7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2007 at 00:16
Some other that haven't been mentioned are:
Ian van Dahl, Kate Ryan, Suzanne Palmer and Kathy Phillips.  DJ Sammy has some nice stuff.

Does anyone have a favorite station they like to stream with online?

Salaam

Chris
Cheers

Chris
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2007 at 01:25
It all started with FSOL (Futre Sounds of London) true pioneers.

I have very specifc taste when it comes to electronic music, usually psytrance and derivatives. Israeli variations being the favorite. The likes of; Astral Projection, hallucinogen etc.

From the aforementioned it would be Paul Oakenfold.
Eondt View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Eondt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2007 at 03:50
I have a few VNV nation songs, they are good, saw them last year when they visited South Africa. I used to be more into the older industrial electronic stuff, Skinny Puppy, FLA, Front 242 etc.

I enjoy some Leftfield and Chemical Brothers too.

Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2007 at 12:07
Doesn't anybody think Trance is way to repetitive, simplistic, plain and devoid of emotion.

House has a bit more depth, there was a brief House & Garage phase in the UK.

But when it come's to electronic influenced music, Hip-Hop wins hand's down

Where's the old-school rappers, the new-age 50 Cent commercial mish-mash is damn poor compared to the good old days
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2007 at 16:02
Originally posted by Bulldog

Doesn't anybody think Trance is way to repetitive, simplistic, plain and devoid of emotion.

House has a bit more depth, there was a brief House & Garage phase in the UK.

But when it come's to electronic influenced music, Hip-Hop wins hand's down

Where's the old-school rappers, the new-age 50 Cent commercial mish-mash is damn poor compared to the good old days

Nope, trance has many forms and can contain a great deal of depth, variety and emotion. Anyone who listens to the type of trance known as euphoria (often combining uplifting female vocals with electronica) will know what I mean.

If anything, I can't stand rappers. Listening to a bunch of dudes propogate the degenerate gang culture and about how awful life is and use inferior English makes one want to hang oneself from the rafters. The lazy, pot smoking, backwards rap culture has so little to offer outside its world of crime and subordinating women as though they were property.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>