Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ancient Roman Road Found in Netherlands

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Leonardo View Drop Down
General
General

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Leonardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ancient Roman Road Found in Netherlands
    Posted: 07-Jan-2007 at 12:55
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2007 at 10:43

Yeah, I read about this in the paper. Don't know exactly where, but considering the locations of Utrecht and Vechten it has to be within a kilometre of my home...Big smile In my parents home town close by they have (over the past 100 years or so) found no less than 7 ships, most of them roman, a few medieval. The ship and tower mentioned in the article they found when building a new suburb near Utrecht. The peat-soil around here is ideal for conserving wood...

By the way, they did not come across this road by accident, they knew it was probably there: one takes two Roman forts and a ruler and voila, there it is...LOL

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
 Post Reply Post Reply