Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Seen any movies recently?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 35>
Author
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seen any movies recently?
    Posted: 30-Apr-2007 at 07:26
Originally posted by Aelfgifu

Originally posted by Balaam

Apocalypto - A lot better than I thought it would be, did anybody find the hidden waldo frame in the part where he falls into that large hole like thing and is surrounded by bodys? I read about it on the net then when I found it me and my friend almost pissed ourselves laughing.

Havent seen apocalyptico, but I recently bought the extended edition of Gladiator and watched it with audio commentary (I love audio commentaries...Big%20smile), and they pointed out the bobos....

Now, I must have seen that movie dozens of times, and yet, until it was pointed out to me, I never ever noticed that there is a guy in jeans and sweater slap bang in the middle of a scene, making himself scarce just a bit too late...LOL 

And I also, for the first time, got a good look on a full 21st century hydaulics system, including gas-tank, on the bottom side of a chariot in the arena, fully exposed for several seconds after it rolls over...Tongue

The movie will never be the same again....ConfusedLOL

OMG! I've watched that movie so many times and never noticed them, now I'm gonna have to watch it again to look for themLOL
Frederick Roger View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Frederick Roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2007 at 07:34
Just saw "300" and "The Trial of Tony Blair". What a laugh!

Edited by Frederick Roger - 30-Apr-2007 at 07:35
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2007 at 09:12
The Reaping - OK, didn't grudge paying to see it.
Bufallo Soldiers - good insight into general goings on in the US army and very entertaining otherwise.
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2007 at 10:44
Bufallo Soldiers - good insight into general goings on in the US army and very entertaining otherwise.
Your using a movie thats based on a group of soldiers, and is also under the comedy catagory as a "good insight" on the US army?Wacko
Isn't this a normal discussion on these forums about not using mvies for insight?
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
kasper View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote kasper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2007 at 22:37
Originally posted by SearchAndDestroy

Your using a movie thats based on a group of soldiers, and is also under the comedy catagory as a "good insight" on the US army?Wacko
Isn't this a normal discussion on these forums about not using mvies for insight?

I expect more out of Zagros...
kingofmazanderan View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kingofmazanderan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2007 at 20:10
I watched the movie Vacancy it was pretty good.  Has anyone else seen it?
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2007 at 20:25
Originally posted by SearchAndDestroy

LOL

I was being naughty!

---

The Proposition - bloody good stuff.

Edited by Zagros - 03-May-2007 at 20:26
kasper View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote kasper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2007 at 20:41
Solaris. As I expected, it was very well done.

Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2007 at 08:22

Fragile - a very good movie IMO!!

Krum View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Krum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2007 at 12:55
The last legion - not a bad one.
It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.
Plato
Krum View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Krum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2007 at 12:56
Wiedzmin(The Witcher) - some old polish fantasy Tv series(2001).The rate in IMDB is very low,but i liked it and watched all series.In my view it is a nice and pleasant movie.

Edited by Krum - 05-May-2007 at 12:58
It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.
Plato
Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2007 at 22:46

Originally posted by Aelfgifu

Apocalypto - A lot better than I thought it would be, did anybody find the hidden waldo frame in the part where he falls into that large hole like thing and is surrounded by bodys? I read about it on the net then when I found it me and my friend almost pissed ourselves laughing.

Havent seen apocalyptico, but I recently bought the extended edition of Gladiator and watched it with audio commentary (I love audio commentaries...Big%20smile), and they pointed out the bobos....

Now, I must have seen that movie dozens of times, and yet, until it was pointed out to me, I never ever noticed that there is a guy in jeans and sweater slap bang in the middle of a scene, making himself scarce just a bit too late...LOL 

And I also, for the first time, got a good look on a full 21st century hydaulics system, including gas-tank, on the bottom side of a chariot in the arena, fully exposed for several seconds after it rolls over...Tongue

The movie will never be the same again....ConfusedLOL

OMG! I've watched that movie so many times and never noticed them, now I'm gonna have to watch it again to look for themLOL

Gladiator, is also one of my favorite movies.

And as for the mistakes...lol, I actually noticed the guy in the jeans a long time ago, but the chariot hydraulic escaped me until just recently.

Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2007 at 00:25
Aussie Beach Boyz - an independent film about the gangs of Perth and is centered around this one guy from the wogs. The amateurish camera work and acting make it annoying at times but over all a good film.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2007 at 16:31
Just watched Harsh Times - Whoa, was it harsh
kasper View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote kasper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2007 at 19:28
I saw a documentary on Thelonious Monk called...

There were some pretty funny scenes of Monk and some great rare footage of him playing.

Edited by kasper - 07-May-2007 at 19:30
Romantic Envy View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Romantic Envy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2007 at 22:43

I finished watching Constantine this evening.  I actually liked it, which I wasn't sure whether to be interested or not in it. Kind of surprising to see Gabriel portrayed as a woman in that movie too. I'm so used to The Prophecy series and Christopher Walken's version of Gabriel.

I wish that Balthezar had been given a larger role in the movie and I'm not saying this because I like Gavin Rossdale.
"History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again." ~ Maya Angelou
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2007 at 04:17
I've seen Spiderman 3 (even though I never saw 2, which is fine, you do not really miss it) which was a lot nicer than I expected. Some really nice amusement. Although the baddies are a lot more fun than that boring Maguire.

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
olvios View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote olvios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2007 at 05:14
300 and i liked only few minutes  of it.
http://www.hoplites.net/
kasper View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote kasper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2007 at 00:39
Just finished the Wind Will Carry Us a few minutes ago. It was a very well done movie and shot in a very beautiful part of Iran.

Edited by kasper - 12-May-2007 at 00:49
Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2007 at 01:40
I watched "American Psycho" with my dormroommate.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 35>