Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Seen any movies recently?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 35>
Author
kotumeyil View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote kotumeyil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seen any movies recently?
    Posted: 30-Mar-2007 at 07:24
Originally posted by ulrich von hutten

Did anyone else saw it ?

or this one ?

I saw both. Great movies!Thumbs%20Up
[IMG]http://www.maksimum.com/yemeicme/images/haber/raki.jpg">
kasper View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote kasper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Apr-2007 at 02:39
Just saw the Testament of Dr. Mabuse, a great Fritz Lang movie.

here's the preview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bLMRPpSToI

Edited by kasper - 02-Apr-2007 at 02:42
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Apr-2007 at 20:25
I have seen Flyboys last night I enjoyed the movie, well done, and decent acting, the storyline itself of a American volunteer squadron flying for the French in WWI is rather interesting.
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2007 at 01:31
We have been watching 'About a boy' for English Class at school. The area of study is 'Changing Self', and I'm actually quite enjoying it! Smile About a boy isn't a bad movie to be honest, Hugh Grant is perfectly suited to that role...he plays it every single film he stars in...
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2007 at 17:31
Hitchcock's Psycho. Brilliant
Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Adalwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2007 at 04:52
Blood Diamond

This movie is one of the best movies EVER. If you haven't seen it, watch it. Now.
Concrete is heavy; iron is hard--but the grass will prevail.
     Edward Abbey
HistoryPoi View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote HistoryPoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2007 at 07:15
has anyone seen 300? it just came out in Australia, and if you had would you be able to comment on the validity of the movie. Its about the Persians vs the Spartans, and the got beaten nicely!
cheers.
Viva La Vida!
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2007 at 07:25
What did you think of it Poi? I haven't seen it yet.
Emperor Barbarossa wrote a review on the movie for this month's All Empires Magazine:
April Magazine

Direct link to Emp. Barbarossa's 300 Review:
http://www.allempires.com/article/index.php?q=300

I recently went to see Mr.Bean's holiday. It was quite funny, though not his funniest. I still can't go past Johnny English as my all time favourite movie. Smile

- Knights -

Edited by Knights - 13-Apr-2007 at 07:26
HistoryPoi View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote HistoryPoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2007 at 23:11
oh mr. bean. Thats a discrase! Hes such comic talent wasted on such a charater! Truely a pity. Oh i saw the prestige. loved that movie. Also, last night i watched the rocky horror picture show. Is that not the most random movie ever produced. I did not get the point of it. it was great, and i can understand why it became such a big cult movie, but my god it was strange!
Three best movies:
  1. Its all gone Pete Tong
  2. Brick
  3. Chumscrubber
All really good movies that everyone should see!

Edited by HistoryPoi - 14-Apr-2007 at 23:49
Viva La Vida!
northpakistani View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote northpakistani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2007 at 17:24
SHOOTER
A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.

-- Albert Einstein
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2007 at 22:32
Lord of War - I really enjoyed this movie.

Apocalypto - A lot better than I thought it would be, did anybody find the hidden waldo frame in the part where he falls into that large hole like thing and is surrounded by bodys? I read about it on the net then when I found it me and my friend almost pissed ourselves laughing.

Jackass 2 - Ah they never cease to make me laugh

Other than those I've been watching a fair few Studio Ghibli movies
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2007 at 03:52
Originally posted by Balaam

Apocalypto - A lot better than I thought it would be, did anybody find the hidden waldo frame in the part where he falls into that large hole like thing and is surrounded by bodys? I read about it on the net then when I found it me and my friend almost pissed ourselves laughing.

Havent seen apocalyptico, but I recently bought the extended edition of Gladiator and watched it with audio commentary (I love audio commentaries...Big%20smile), and they pointed out the bobos....

Now, I must have seen that movie dozens of times, and yet, until it was pointed out to me, I never ever noticed that there is a guy in jeans and sweater slap bang in the middle of a scene, making himself scarce just a bit too late...LOL 

And I also, for the first time, got a good look on a full 21st century hydaulics system, including gas-tank, on the bottom side of a chariot in the arena, fully exposed for several seconds after it rolls over...Tongue

The movie will never be the same again....ConfusedLOL

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2007 at 05:43

Oh, I am big fan of their movies. Princess Mononoke is my favourite.
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2007 at 12:02
Watched children of men recently, a very well shot movie.
Saw V for Vendetta too, which was slightly lame IMHO.
Arrrgh!!"
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2007 at 04:40
Me and some others watched a movie saturday called 'the end of the world'.  Some movie site gave it an 8 (out of ten)so we thought it might be nice... Turns out that that was another movie by the same name....

The one (3 hours long) we watched got a 3 and was described as a total waste of time.... One comment even made the brilliant remark that for this movie, you do not just have to suspend your disbelief, you have to murder it...

Gods it was bad... We had a lot of fun making comments on it though...Wink

It was about the end of the world (for the sake of clarity, 'the world' in this movie was equivalent to 'Washington D.C.'), by storms, but fortunately, by swithching of the powerstations and making the temperature drop by one-tenth degree, the brave people could make the bad twisters go away.... yay.Disapprove

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2007 at 15:36
I have seen wildhogs recently it was kinda funny
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
kasper View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote kasper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2007 at 02:10
I saw The Third Generation, a very good Fassbinder movie

And Open City. Both were great.

Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2007 at 09:44
"Harsh Times" - starring Christian Bale who is an ex US Ranger now in LA, trying to find a job and a foothold in civil service as a police officer. Where his former job as a killer without remorse and thought has taken his psychology with all his training and experience is the main topic of the movie. Bale bloody kills in this role, an excellent actor, can't wait to see "The Machinist".
There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2007 at 14:01
Originally posted by Kalevipoeg

"Harsh Times" - starring Christian Bale who is an ex US Ranger now in LA, trying to find a job and a foothold in civil service as a police officer. Where his former job as a killer without remorse and thought has taken his psychology with all his training and experience is the main topic of the movie. Bale bloody kills in this role, an excellent actor, can't wait to see "The Machinist".

Looks like you have joined fan club of Christian Bale. His performance is always over the top.
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Apr-2007 at 07:22
Originally posted by axeman

Oh, I am big fan of their movies. Princess Mononoke is my favourite.

Ah yes that is one of my favorite of theirs, aswell as Pom Poko and Howl's Moving Castle.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 35>