Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Seen any movies recently?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 35>
Author
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seen any movies recently?
    Posted: 13-Mar-2007 at 08:29
Rocky VI or should I say Rocky Balboa lol.

Wasn't as good as the previous ones but still a good movie.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2007 at 15:55
Give me an A! Give me a B...! What does it spell?  Babel, Borat and The Prestige.

Borat was slapstick comedy for the 21'st century. Makes most anyone he had contact with look like an idiot. I give it a 'C' for humor. An 'A' for ridiculous scenes (that hotel room segment made me laugh pretty hard).

Babel was a slow flick that makes the viewer eventually connect the pieces. One innocent gun leads to many international incidents affecting numerous families. 'C' for being slow and predictable after the first half hour. 'B' for the diverse locations.

The Presitge is the sleeper out this bunch. Magic, showmanship, good acting and Tesla the man. 'A' for twists and thrillilng turns.

Edited by Seko - 13-Mar-2007 at 16:03
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2007 at 16:15

Did anyone else saw it ?

or this one ?

kasper View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote kasper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2007 at 18:15
It's funny that you would mention that, I bought Dr. Strangelove yesterday.
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2007 at 00:32

Planning to watch Lord of the Ring trilogy (All extended) straight sometime this summer.LOL The last person to leave in agony will win... May the best Easterling win!

Join us.
Zheng-ru View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Zheng-ru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2007 at 00:48
I saw El Labyrinto del Fauno. It was amazing. I do not see how people can make such a big deal about 300, but not this one.
"The best victory is when the opponent surrenders of its own accord before there are any actual hostilities...It is best to win without fighting."
- Sun-tzu
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2007 at 04:53
Originally posted by pekau

Planning to watch Lord of the Ring trilogy (All extended) straight sometime this summer.LOL The last person to leave in agony will win... May the best Easterling win!

I did that last year. On my own... I was in need of seclusion...WinkLOL

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2007 at 13:37
Originally posted by kasper

It's funny that you would mention that, I bought Dr. Strangelove yesterday.

good choice, good taste

Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2007 at 16:13
I love Vanilla Sky, even though it took me about five times (literally) to understand it fully.

Traffic is a great film as well, nice intertwined plots, the conscience and the cold, the supply and demand, the victimless crime versus the victim. Much more complicated than that but definitely one of the best recent films out there.
Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2007 at 20:09
Saw Rocky Balboa - a good movie - 8/10, Sly can act Rocky with no questions asked. A personality with all the quirks i must say.

There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2007 at 20:15
Gone - utter pish
the illusionist - entertaining and with good dialogue.

Edited by Zagros - 14-Mar-2007 at 20:15
Gundamor View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Gundamor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Mar-2007 at 20:27
Smoking aces - I tried to get into but was not really a good movie. The ending had so many twists in it it made my head hurt. I should of known how good the movie was going to be when I saw ben affleck in it. Though he had a small role.

Van Wilder 2 - not very funny not very good.

Evil Bong - Not exactly sure why I decided to watch this one. Still not sure

Bloodrayne - For some reason when I downloaded this I thought I was going to get an animation type movie based off the video game. Unfortunately I got some horrible B type flick with the blonde girl that was in Terminator 3.

The Man who would be king - Sean Connery and Michael Caine classic. Its lost a bit of luster in its age but I still love this movie and decided to watch it to erase the memory of the other trash I watch this week Tongue
"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind"
kasper View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote kasper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2007 at 16:39
Just rented Vernon, Florida, a great documentary about hicks in Florida. Directed by Errol Morris.

Edited by kasper - 15-Mar-2007 at 16:42
Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Adalwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2007 at 02:23
The Departed

Both are amazing movies.
Concrete is heavy; iron is hard--but the grass will prevail.
     Edward Abbey
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Mar-2007 at 13:13
Saw Borat on Saturday. Khazakastan was worried about this giving them a bad image? This movie made me embarrassed of being American. And you can see how the media here twists the truth to make a story with that rodeo part.
New Yorkers didn't seem happy, but I guess that was due to him trying to kiss him lol. And the Southerners really seemed like intolerant red necks. Showed the Christian Conservatives as crazy whackos. The movie really didn't give Americans a good image.
Sad part is, it was all true...LOL
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
Gundamor View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Gundamor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2007 at 01:10
I finally got my hands on an English subtitled version of Ran and Kagemusha. Ran is a spectacular movie for its time frame considering not much CGI, if any, was used for the battle scenes. Incredible camera work and good storyline. Kagemusha was good as well.

I also saw Curse of the Golden Flower which was quite a colourful movie and I think kept me entranced throughout it. Or could of been how the women dressed in itLOL
"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind"
Kalevipoeg View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Kalevipoeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2007 at 12:22
300 - nobody could act, it was like the trailer was made 60 times longer. It had a good principle of freedom fighting in it.  Good to see computers are still developing, otherwise it was a lousy movie with nothing to make it above anything else.

Going to see "The Devils rejects" and "Cannibal Holocaust" soon.
There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2007 at 15:15
^ HAH! Glad to see someone else saw the movie for what it was!

300 - Crap
Chronos - entertaining, but a little lacking in ... something.
Xshayathiya View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Xshayathiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2007 at 01:45
I saw TMNT yesterday. I was skeptical going in (for me, unless you have 4 grown men dressing up in turtle costumes, it doesn't count as a TMNT movie), but it was pretty good. Voice acting was pretty good (Patrick Stewart was excellent as usual). 8/10
"I like rice. Rice is great if you are hungry and want 2000 of something." - Mitch Hedberg
karajoz View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Suspended

Quote karajoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2007 at 02:02
Angry i think so
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 35>