Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New: Amazing pictures from Iran

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New: Amazing pictures from Iran
    Posted: 28-Dec-2006 at 11:47
    nature, historical and people: I hope you enjoy them as much as I did. I came across them while lurking on another forum.

^My personal favourite historical site :D

Should not be taking pictures around these areas (brave man, or woman)

Some distorted pics:

One day, my son...

Edited by Zagros - 28-Dec-2006 at 12:01
Huncuk View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Huncuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Dec-2006 at 13:16

I loved this picWink

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Dec-2006 at 13:27
Wonderful pictures.
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Dec-2006 at 23:51
Good effort, Zagros. Old is definately gold.
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2006 at 09:11
Great photos, actually well taken shots.

is this tehran from the north (mountains)?

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2006 at 09:26
Yes, that is from the Alborz, maybe Darband.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2006 at 09:26
or Lashgarak
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2006 at 15:25
very beautiful
thanks for sharing

I wonder how much is the tourist industry developed in Iran, because I would love to visit it one day.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2006 at 16:10
yw: It is open to tourists, but it is nothing like what it could be.
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Dec-2006 at 06:45
I guess Iran is more modern than I was led to believe.
think View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote think Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Dec-2006 at 07:03
How heavy are Irans snowfalls, do people use it for recreation (snowboarding, skiing) ?
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Dec-2006 at 07:08
Yes, there are skiing resorts (Dizin). http://www.skifed.ir/ski.htm

In the West, where I am from, in the summer it is 40 C and in the winter as low as 25 C below, it snows heavily there.
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Dec-2006 at 09:14
apparently in Tehran the snow was very heavy in the last week (the temp getting as low as -9) .

In winter there is this breakfast dish that uses lamb shanks cooked with wheat (for a night) that is soaked up in water over the night before, kinda like porridge with meat. Sprinkle some brown sugar and cinnamon  and your ready to go. YUM!!

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Dec-2006 at 12:42
haleem.
omshanti View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote omshanti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Dec-2006 at 20:47
Thank you Zagros for sharing those pictures. Those pictures make my heart ache.
Iran is where my father was from, the place where he and my little brother rest for ever, the country in which I was born and grew up and which I had to leave behind at the age of 13. When my father and
brother died , my mother took me to Japan where she was from . All the
memories I have of my family were made in Iran. My father was a big Persian man of 190cm height from Hamedan with fiery dark red hair and dark green eyes. He was like a big bear to me, and used to put me on
his shoulders and climb Darakeh ( one of the mountains in north of Tehran) every weekend. Every winter we went skiing in Dizin, Abali, Shemshak. Every summer we went to the Caspian sea and swam in the
biggest lake in the world. He also took us to his hometown Hamedan many times where we slept every night on the roof of the house facing the stars. In the winter the schools were closed down because of
heavy snow-fall and that was when all of us children in the neighbourhood had the whole day free to
play in the snow.
Two years ago , I finally obtained exemption from the military service and was able to go back to Iran for the first time 12 years after leaving it. When I went back, things were not the same any more to me. I had
become a complete foreigner and could feel no more connection. All I had left of Iran was nothing but sweet memories of childhood, the past , and I had already moved on in my life.

Oh Iran of my sweet memories, though I do not belong
to you any more I miss you so much and my heart still aches for you.
Pedar e azizam , baradar e kuchakam , man hamisheh be yadetan hastam va shoma dar del e man hanuz zendeh hastid.

Edited by omshanti - 30-Dec-2006 at 21:15
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2006 at 04:14
Oh, that is very sad, my friend. I am sorry to hear that. :(
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2007 at 23:52

Can't view much of the pictures that are posted.

Join us.
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2007 at 23:54
Originally posted by omshanti

Thank you Zagros for sharing those pictures. Those pictures make my heart ache.
Iran is where my father was from, the place where he and my little brother rest for ever, the country in which I was born and grew up and which I had to leave behind at the age of 13. When my father and
brother died , my mother took me to Japan where she was from . All the
memories I have of my family were made in Iran. My father was a big Persian man of 190cm height from Hamedan with fiery dark red hair and dark green eyes. He was like a big bear to me, and used to put me on
his shoulders and climb Darakeh ( one of the mountains in north of Tehran) every weekend. Every winter we went skiing in Dizin, Abali, Shemshak. Every summer we went to the Caspian sea and swam in the
biggest lake in the world. He also took us to his hometown Hamedan many times where we slept every night on the roof of the house facing the stars. In the winter the schools were closed down because of
heavy snow-fall and that was when all of us children in the neighbourhood had the whole day free to
play in the snow.
Two years ago , I finally obtained exemption from the military service and was able to go back to Iran for the first time 12 years after leaving it. When I went back, things were not the same any more to me. I had
become a complete foreigner and could feel no more connection. All I had left of Iran was nothing but sweet memories of childhood, the past , and I had already moved on in my life.

Oh Iran of my sweet memories, though I do not belong
to you any more I miss you so much and my heart still aches for you.
Pedar e azizam , baradar e kuchakam , man hamisheh be yadetan hastam va shoma dar del e man hanuz zendeh hastid.

Life is so sad sometimes...Cry

Join us.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2007 at 12:12
Yes, it appears the bandwidth on those cheap host sites has exceeded, unfortunately I no longer have the pictures on disk, I sent them to Cyrus, I wonder if he can help..?
Hellios View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Hellios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2007 at 16:58
Persian child.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>