Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What do you think happened on 9/11?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Poll Question: Is the 9/11 Comission Report a cover up?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
14 [33.33%]
28 [66.67%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What do you think happened on 9/11?
    Posted: 01-Jan-2007 at 16:25
Originally posted by bg_turk

They are pulling it off. 1/3 of Americans believe it was an inside job, in New York this figure is at 50%, and yet nobody can do anything about it. What would you do in their place? Sue Bush?

Academicians who raise their voice are fired, politicians who ask difficult questions are subject to a smear campaign, protests are rarely reported in mainstream media, even 9/11 families are not spared and accused of exploiting the deaths of their loved ones for political agendas.

The ruling establishment seems to be quite afraid of these "conspiracy theorists". Rather than a dismissive tone, their reaction is threatening, almost as if asking these simple questions is an act of treason:

With arguments like that you can disprove every historical fact. If I go around claiming that Napoleon actually won the battle of Waterloo, or that Columbus really landed in Asia, I'll probably be dismissed by the 'ruling establishment' as well, but that doesn't make those theories true.

Edited by Mixcoatl - 01-Jan-2007 at 16:25
konstantinius View Drop Down
General
General

Online Status: Offline
  Quote konstantinius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jan-2007 at 17:18
On 9/12 bin-Laden's brother and his 150-strong entourage including his 10 limos was allowed to leave the country (USA); this is the next day of the attacks when ALL airports in the country are shut down and NO international flights are coming in. Then, the US will have to go to war in Afghanistan to capture Osama while we could've had his brother from the very beginning. Of course this doesn't prove the complicity of the US goverment in the attacks. But it is an indication of the special "relationship" between the Bush and bin-Laden families that has been solidified over years of  doing bussiness together in the Cargayle Group. The fact that our own President, the leader of the "war on terror" is closely connected to the wanted culprit, is, well, dubious at best. It is f....d up sh*t like this that give rise to conspiracy theories and breed distrust in the actions of the goverment.   

Edited by konstantinius - 01-Jan-2007 at 17:18
" I do disagree with what you say but I'll defend to my death your right to do so."
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jan-2007 at 17:31
One problem with your argument. Just because he was bin Laden's brother does not mean that he was complicit in the 9/11 attacks. Is there any evidence connecting the brother to the 9/11 attacks? Also the mainstream bin Laden clan have disassociated themselves from Osama, should they be held if they come to the USA? There were plenty of people that were allowed to cross the boader out of the USA on 9/12. Can it be said that they got special treatment? Where did you get this information from? Last time I heard this story it was members of the Suadi Royal Family (some of whom have relationships with terrorist).

Edited by King John - 01-Jan-2007 at 17:33
Timotheus View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Timotheus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jan-2007 at 22:32
bg_turk, please sit down; you're contributing to global warming. All of your conspiracy theories are disproved by Snopes.
Opium is the religion of the masses.

From each according to his need, to each according to his ability.
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2007 at 00:01
A third of the American public believes this was an inside job as reported by FOX news here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buf6waQn09c

That means that a 100 million people in America are conspiracy nuts.

bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2007 at 00:09
Originally posted by King John

In previous posts you have noted the implausability of the "pancake effect" and reported what the NIST found. But the NIST actually doesn't support your statements (see my above post). As a matter of curiousity what makes you so adamant about the gov'ts involvement?

The pancake theory was the original explanation, now they have changed it to a "global progressive failure" . It is utter nonsense. There is no way for the whole building to fail globally. The floors below and above were never subjected to high temperatures and they should have remained intact and arrested or at least slowed down the collapse. The building collapsed as if there was no resistance from the floors below. There was no resistance because the columns were artificially severed probably through the use of thermate. It was controlled demolition.

What makes me so adamant about the gov't involvement? The collapse of WTC7 is what got me into this. And even if you are unsure about the twin towers, there should be no doubt that WTC7 collapsed as a result of controlled demolition but unfortunately many people do not even know that building existed. People still think it was only 2 buildings that collapsed on 9/11.

Edited by bg_turk - 02-Jan-2007 at 00:22
Timotheus View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Timotheus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2007 at 00:28

A third of the American public believes this was an inside job as reported by FOX news here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buf6waQn09c

It means a hundred million Americans are idiots...but I thought you hated America anyway, so you shouldn't be surprised that a hundred million of us are idiots. Probably more are, once you start counting.
Opium is the religion of the masses.

From each according to his need, to each according to his ability.
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2007 at 00:59
Bg_turk what are you qualifications to make these statements? Again I ask do you hold an advanced degree in any of these fields; Architecture, Physics, or Engineering? I have asked this in a previous post and you have not answered. In order for me to except your word over the 200 or so "technical experts" consulted in preparing the report I and other readers need to know your qualifications and any scientific studies (if there are any) concerning the collapse of the WTC.

The report in summary says in regards to the collapse, "The collapse of the WTC towers was not caused either by a conventional building fire or even solely by the concurrent multi-floor fires that day. Instead, NIST concluded that the WTC towers collapsed because: (1) the impact of the planes severed and damaged support columns, dislodged fireproofing insulation coating the steel floor trusses and steel columns, and widely dispersed jet fuel over multiple floors; and (2) the subsequent unusually large, jet-fuel ignited multi-floor fires weakened the now susceptible structural steel. No building in the United States has ever been subjected to the massive structural damage and concurrent multi-floor fires that the towers experienced on Sept. 11, 2001." What this means is that this was no regular high-rise fire nor was it any regular damage. What happened to the WTC was highly unusual.

In the videos that you provided in previous posts there are a number of issues that do not support your theory of a controlled demolition. 1.) There is no explosion which is always a result of any sort of explosive detonation. 2.) The video is shot with obstructions in the way i.e. a building. How then do you rule out severe structural damage to a section of WTC 7 causing it to collapse?

If you are going to continue to spew this nonsense you should at least choose sources that support your theory and cite them. The odd thing is that you cite propaganda pieces. Example, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buf6waQn09c this is a piece done by fox news where they are dealing with Bush's popularity and its effects on policy (fighting a war on terrorism) that's the first thing. The second thing is that Neil Cavuto and fox news does not relate the question that was asked in the poll (which makes a difference in the answer obtained) nor does he provide who administered the poll. This second problem I would say is of more import than the first. It begs the question was this truly a scientifically accurate poll? As well it does not state how many people the poll was administered to. How do you reconcile all these problems? Now I am no fan of the Bush administration and did he handle the whole thing poorly, I don't know. However there is no cover-up here.

I really hope you respond to this in full I believe it would give all a better idea of where your argument is coming from.

Andrew aka King John

PS. Timotheus there is no need to brandish about ideas of hatred. Just because bg_turk's idea is absurd doesn't mean that he "hates America." It means that he has issues with the administration, and one could argue that he is doing the most American thing possible by wanting what he sees as better answers to his questions. This is to be lauded not belittled with accusations of hatred. To add belittling an opponent in a debate in such a way does nothing to further the discourse rather it diminishes the argument of the belittling side, our side - those opposing Bg_turk.

Edited by King John - 02-Jan-2007 at 01:13
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2007 at 01:04
Originally posted by Timotheus

It means a hundred million Americans are idiots...but I thought you hated America anyway, so you shouldn't be surprised that a hundred million of us are idiots.

I do not hate America, I actually live and study in America. I was badly affected  by 9/11 as I regularly use Newark airport. I could have been in one of those planes.

Edited by bg_turk - 02-Jan-2007 at 01:05
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2007 at 01:07
Pay Timotheus no mind bg_turk he belittles every argument that opposes yours by accusing you of Hatred towards America. His comment was merely the ramblings of a little mind.

Andrew
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2007 at 01:50

Bg_turk what are you qualifications to make these statements? Again I ask do you hold an advanced degree in any of these fields; Architecture, Physics, or Engineering? I have asked this in a previous post and you have not answered. In order for me to except your word over the 200 or so "technical experts" consulted in preparing the report I and other readers need to know your qualifications and any scientific studies (if there are any) concerning the collapse of the WTC.

My major is engineering, and I also have a minor in physics. Anway, I do not expect you to accept my words. Just do the research yourself. It took me two weeks to pursuade myself.

The report in summary says in regards to the collapse, "The collapse of the WTC towers was not caused either by a conventional building fire or even solely by the concurrent multi-floor fires that day. Instead, NIST concluded that the WTC towers collapsed because: (1) the impact of the planes severed and damaged support columns, dislodged fireproofing insulation coating the steel floor trusses and steel columns, and widely dispersed jet fuel over multiple floors; and (2) the subsequent unusually large, jet-fuel ignited multi-floor fires weakened the now susceptible structural steel. No building in the United States has ever been subjected to the massive structural damage and concurrent multi-floor fires that the towers experienced on Sept. 11, 2001." What this means is that this was no regular high-rise fire nor was it any regular damage. What happened to the WTC was highly unusual.

The lower floors remained intact. The fire may have affected several floors where the plain hit, but it remained localized and only weakened the columns in that area. The columns in the lower floors remained intact. The NIST report appears to claim that the localized fire dislodged all columns globally.  How on earth is that possible? If it were possible this would have horrible implications for the safety of skyscrapers and people would stop building them.

In the videos that you provided in previous posts there are a number of issues that do not support your theory of a controlled demolition. 1.) There is no explosion which is always a result of any sort of explosive detonation. 2.) The video is shot with obstructions in the way i.e. a building. How then do you rule out severe structural damage to a section of WTC 7 causing it to collapse?

There are at least three different videos of WTC7 collapsing. You can find them on the web. There are also many pictures of WTC7.  Google them.

If you are going to continue to spew this nonsense you should at least choose sources that support your theory and cite them. The odd thing is that you cite propaganda pieces. Example, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buf6waQn09c this is a piece done by fox news where they are dealing with Bush's popularity and its effects on policy (fighting a war on terrorism) that's the first thing. The second thing is that Neil Cavuto and fox news does not relate the question that was asked in the poll (which makes a difference in the answer obtained) nor does he provide who administered the poll. This second problem I would say is of more import than the first. It begs the question was this truly a scientifically accurate poll? As well it does not state how many people the poll was administered to. How do you reconcile all these problems?

You can find the poll information here:
http://www.zogby.com/features/features.dbm?ID=231

Now I am no fan of the Bush administration and did he handle the whole thing poorly, I don't know. However there is no cover-up here.

Of course there was a cover up.

Not many politicians dare question the official story as political expediency dictates that they should remain silent, but there are a few brave people among them, like for example:

rep. Cynthia McKinney (D)
rep. Curt Weldon (R)

Both have asked difficult questions, and both eventually paid dearly for daring do that. They were subjected to a smear campaign and lost the elections to their opponents. With this atmosphere of intimidation it is no wonder why people choose to not raise their voices.

And there are many academicians who believe there was a cover-up, Among them:
Prof. Thomas Eager (MIT)
Prof. Steen Jones (BYU)
Prof. Kevin Barret (Univ. of Wisconsin)

Jones has since been forced into leave, Barret has been subjected to a smear campaign.

There are many other respectable and trustworty individuals who have been risking their career and blowing the whistle.

http://www.wanttoknow.info/officialsquestion911commissionreport

Why do these people risk their careers for a "conspiracy theory"?

Edited by bg_turk - 02-Jan-2007 at 02:05
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2007 at 07:38

yep

really, "100 million people agree with me" is really a bad argument. Especially since there are 200 people in America who don't.
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2007 at 08:01
Originally posted by Mixcoatl

really, "100 million people agree with me" is really a bad argument. Especially since there are 200 people in America who don't.

I never used that argument. Truth is fortunately not decided by the majority.

I simply quoted the number to illustrate that people who hold such opinions are not some marginal "conspiracy nuts" but constitute a substantial portion of the US populace. It is arrogant to dismiss the opinion of so many people. Are you not worried by the least bit that so many people hold the government responsible for this terrorist act? Do you not find it strange that their opinions are never expressed on the media, or in congress? The list of prominent supporters of the 9/11 truth movement that I supplied, are they conspiracy nuts as well?

I don't think so.
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2007 at 10:43
In order for there to have been a cover-up there needed to be some sort of governmental complicity. It's odd that you would say that opinions (of the "truth movement") are not expressed in the media. Indeed they are if they weren't how would you find out about them? Little birdies? Although they might not be expressed in the mainstream media they are however expressed in alternative media. When googling "WTC 7 collapse" I was bombarded with hits however on the first page was this site from popularmechanics.com that seems to indicate a different position than the one that you are espousing is not only plausible but rather probable. (http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/military_law/1227842.html?page=5).

McKinney is a bad example she merely wanted to buck every mainstream trend. She lost her election not because of he stance on 9/11 - which most people don't know about in my opinion - by rather for playing the race card, hitting a police officer, and the public blasting of an aide. It's no wonder she lost, these were things that happened in the last year. Her last discussion of 9/11 or the 9/11 report was in 2005.

The NIST does not imply that all columns were dislodged. It says that the fire engulfed the steel supports causing the floor to sag. What it says is that we need better designs. The WTC was not built to withstand an impact from a Boeing 737 it was built to withstand the impact of a 707 this is a significantly smaller plane. Therefore the impact will not be the same and the effects of said impact will differ greatly.

Edited by King John - 02-Jan-2007 at 10:44
Decebal View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Digital Prometheus

Quote Decebal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2007 at 11:22

Actually, the 707 is not all that much smaller than a 767, which was one of the planes that hit the towers. A 707 has a takeoff weight of 151,320 kg, and a cruising speed of 972 km/h. A 767 varies in weight between 143,000 kg and 204,000 kg and has a crusing speed of 870 Km/h. Since the kinetic energy of a plane varies with the square of the velocity, this means that the 707 can actually deliver a bigger punch than a 767. A 737 is about half of a 707 in weight.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_767
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_707

Though I did not find the information on the wikipedia article, the video titled "improbable collapse" states that the fuel supply of a 707 is 23000 gallons, compared to 22000 gallons for a 767. All in all, the buildings were designed to withstand the impact of the planes which hit them.

I can't say what the truth is, but simply dismissing any but the official explanation as ridiculous does not advance the cause of truth. Perhaps it was a demolition job, perhaps it was the planes, but I don't feel that this subject has been analyzed enough  by engineers and scientists, considering the magnitude of the event.

What is history but a fable agreed upon?
Napoleon Bonaparte

Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.- Mohandas Gandhi

bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2007 at 11:27
The "Debunking 9/11 Lies" cover of popular mechanics was headed by Benjamin Chertoff. Do you know who he is the cousin of? He is the cousin of another Chertoff, Michael Chertoff, who heads homeland security for the White House. I sense a conflict of interest here.

Jimm Hoffman responds to popular mechanics:

http://911research.wtc7.net/essays/gopm/index.html

Edited by bg_turk - 02-Jan-2007 at 11:28
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2007 at 13:01
Family relationships don't equal complicity! Is Benjamin Chertoff the same person as Michael Chertoff? Do they share a brain? Do they think the same way? Does Benjamin Chertoff have his own mind?
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2007 at 13:17

Family relationships don't equal complicity! Is Benjamin Chertoff the same person as Michael Chertoff? Do they share a brain? Do they think the same way? Does Benjamin Chertoff have his own mind?

Of course not, but that was not the crux of the argument. If you followed the link I provided, you would have seen the proper arguments against the article in Popular Mechanics.

Here is a CNN interview with rep. Curt Weldon who makes a very strong case for a cover-up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPWF8JW7jJw

Another  report by CNN on the "government deception" on 9/11:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUXxrmwZ7bo

Edited by bg_turk - 02-Jan-2007 at 13:24
pikeshot1600 View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2007 at 13:18

King John:

You have not been around AE long enough to understand the depth of "conspiracy" theory here. It is most especially applicable to anything associated with the United States.   

King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2007 at 13:34
Apparently I'm just showing my ignorance. What was I thinking? Thinking people would use common sense.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>