Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Predict the Mankind's future...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Poll Question: In future, the world would embrace...
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
14 [20.90%]
6 [8.96%]
4 [5.97%]
12 [17.91%]
9 [13.43%]
6 [8.96%]
3 [4.48%]
3 [4.48%]
4 [5.97%]
6 [8.96%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Online Status: Offline
  Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Predict the Mankind's future...
    Posted: 01-Jan-2007 at 17:48
Wow, nice picture Hellios. Designed to produce most effective artifical gravity. Neat.

Yay! The survey is now over 50!!! Now I can start my project. Thanks for voting everyone!

Oh, and this conversation is not over. It's interesting how simple question would lead to many ideas....

Join us.
Mithras View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Mithras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jan-2007 at 06:03
I think space colonization will definately take place within the coming 1000 years, unless something truly catastrophic event happen, like if al-Qaeda and the Taliban conquered the world and forced it to revert to seventh century Arabia or something like that.

And there will be more unity in the world, though I doubt that a world government will be formed, or that it is even desirable. Think what imense power it would have. A global confederation would be better. Though there is more likely to be planetary governments on other planets which humanity will colonize (like Mars and Venus), and that is because all of the planets will not be colonized in an instant, but rather, it will be a slow colonization, so a government for a little part of the specific planet will gradually expand its territory until it covers all of it.

And I think the colonies will be melting pots, because all of the inhabitants will be immigrants. Think of USA, which consists of many European nationalities, Africans and a few native Americans. All except the natives are immigrants. Though I can't tell if (more or less) all Americans will eventually merge or not. Israel is also a place that comes to mind, at least in the cultural aspects. The Jews in Israel have in many cases migrated from quite different countries, like eastern Europe, Yemen, north Africa etc, and according to what I've heard, this has left traces at least in Israeli music.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jan-2007 at 21:09
First, in the U.S. there are more than "a few" Native Americans. Genetics show, even if you don't consider the Latin American population which has high percentages of Native Americans on them and that today are more numerous than Black Americans in the U.S.. Now to the point. 

Well, I agree with you in the post above... except by the concept of melting pots. I believe several factors will conspire against the idea isolated space colonies will be places just like today countries on earth.

(1) The cost of mantaining life in space colonies will be unbelievable high, and being so fragile an environment, people will be watched closely. Forget about illegal immigration. It won't happens.

(2) Space colonialists will be a selected elitte, because of the labours they're going to develop. Highly efficient and authomatized. Cheap labour won't be needed.

(3) Genetic engineering will give people the chance to look like they want to look, not like "mother nature" desired.

(4) Isolation will make people to look similar between themselves and different from the rest of mankind.

How will they look? I don't have a clue, but I believe the laws of the markets will determine which genes are selected and which are discarted.

And in the future, folk religion and traditions will be considered very ancient customes, for sure.

Pinguin

Edited by pinguin - 05-Jan-2007 at 21:12
think View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote think Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jan-2007 at 22:21
I used to play a PC game called Hegemonia, about human colonists of Mars going to war with earth.  Here's the story:

Sounds like Killzone on PS2
Siege Tower View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Siege Tower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jan-2007 at 22:54
there will be a huge out break of somekind of virus that would wipe out around 99.99987545% of our entire population, and the survivors will be back to stone age. i always believe that nature has a way of repairing itself, after all the damages we have done. 
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2007 at 19:15
I heard about that theory. It's very troublesome and disturbing. Some novels that I have exaggerate this tragedy that makes it so horrifying... but then... we'd never know how bad if another epidemic spreads again. And, assuming that a new epidemic begins to infect again, it would be in world-wide scale... which never happened before. AIDS, though the process to kill beings is slow, should be considered as epidemic since it killed so many people already... and the death rate is still increasing up to this day.

Join us.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2007 at 22:04

I just don't believe that!

Not even in the worst declines of civilization people has gone back to stone age.

What will happens is that people worldwide will learn to control theirs fertility, population will age, and -I am pretty sure about this- population will decline sharply in the following centuries aliviating demographic problems. People of the future will be a lot more concern about the genetical quality, education and opportunities of their descendents rather than to mass produce kids.

But I really don't believe nature can get rid of man anymore. The only one that can get rid of our species is man itself.

Pinguin

pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2007 at 23:21
Originally posted by pinguin

I just don't believe that!

Not even in the worst declines of civilization people has gone back to stone age.

What will happens is that people worldwide will learn to control theirs fertility, population will age, and -I am pretty sure about this- population will decline sharply in the following centuries aliviating demographic problems. People of the future will be a lot more concern about the genetical quality, education and opportunities of their descendents rather than to mass produce kids.

But I really don't believe nature can get rid of man anymore. The only one that can get rid of our species is man itself.

Pinguin

I just quickly thought of some counter-examples. Atlantis, civilizations (The natives prior to the European contact) in North America, etc.     

Edited by pekau - 08-Jan-2007 at 23:22

Join us.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2007 at 07:39
Originally posted by pekau

I just quickly thought of some counter-examples. Atlantis, civilizations (The natives prior to the European contact) in North America, etc.     

Bad examples.

None of the pre-contact American civilizations fell down to ground zero after decline. For example, one can observe in Peru a continious growth in the complexity of civilizations, no matter some rise and other fell down, newer civilization were always more advanced. Incas, for instance, was the most complex civilization ever in the Andes region. The same is true in Mesoamerica. The Aztec were far more advanced and its society was the more complex than all that existed before them.

Atlantis is a myth. It never existed LOL. Some say it was the island of Thera, though.

Regards,

Omar
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2007 at 13:55
Great War
The political and economical elite will won the war over the poor countries
An underground force of mutated humans will create the Resistance
The Resistance achieves great victory outside of New York.
The rich retreat to their bunkers,but it's useless,since the world by that time will be destroyed from tactical nukes and Global Warming.

God shave the Queen.

Edited by Spartakus - 09-Jan-2007 at 13:55
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2007 at 19:47
Originally posted by Spartakus

Great WarThe political and economical elite will won the war over the poor countriesAn underground force of mutated humans will create the ResistanceThe Resistance achieves great victory outside of New York.The rich retreat to their bunkers,but it's useless,since the world by that time will be destroyed from tactical nukes and Global Warming.God shave the Queen.

Watching too many movies, Spartakus? People don't mutate within a few decade. Xmen is a fiction.

But then, who knows. Evolution theory, upto this point, is never proved yet... and many people think it's completely scientific because they get confuse with adaptation... But hey, resistance are less likely to win over the rich people. When the hell breaks lose, the economical breakdown will cause shortage of weaponries to commoners. Most of the survived war factories, if not all, would side with the rich elites in the name of profit and secure customer.

Join us.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jan-2007 at 21:56
Hi Spartakus,

Where did you get this idea?

"Vampire Guardian of the Library of Alexandria"

If it is yours, I'll copy it if you don't mind LOL

Omar 
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2007 at 02:36
I never said that this scenario will happen in a decade.Wink
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2007 at 02:37

Hi Spartakus,

Where did you get this idea?

"Vampire Guardian of the Library of Alexandria"

If it is yours, I'll copy it if you don't mind LOL

Omar 

Yes it's mine.You can copy it if you want.Wink
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2007 at 22:01
I'll do Big%20smile
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2007 at 11:23
penguin your stories are really good. too bad you haven't wrotten more in English
Mithras View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Mithras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2007 at 05:11

(1) The cost of mantaining life in space colonies will be unbelievable high, and being so fragile an environment, people will be watched closely. Forget about illegal immigration. It won't happens.

Not if the planets are terraformed. It will be very expensive to terraform a planet, but once that's done, the planet can do on its own. The colonists won't be deadly dependent on Earth for survival. And once technology has developed enough so that it is relatively easy to get to planets, illegal immigration might happen.

(2) Space colonialists will be a selected elitte, because of the labours they're going to develop. Highly efficient and authomatized. Cheap labour won't be needed.

Perhaps in the beginning, but as the colonists get children, and thus the colony will grow (although slowly) both by colonist reproduction and a small influx of settlers from Earth. Eventually, you can't have a society with only "elites".

(3) Genetic engineering will give people the chance to look like they want to look, not like "mother nature" desired.

Hmm, I fail to see how this is relevant to space colonization.

(4) Isolation will make people to look similar between themselves and different from the rest of mankind.

Yes, that might be true. Isolated populations of a species will eventually look a little different from their fellow speciemen.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2007 at 07:35
Originally posted by Dawn

penguin your stories are really good. too bad you haven't wrotten more in English

Well, what happened is that I quit writing in English because of lack of feedback. However, if necesary, I could start to do it once again.
However, the effort to write fluently in Enlish is so exhausting that discourages me.

You know, in your mother language things goes natural, all the ideas, customs and conventions are there for you to pick up. When you switch to another language and try to tell stories, you have to find out every expression, phrase and word.

However, if it is needed I'll do. I like to write.

Regards,

Omar Vega

Edited by pinguin - 13-Jan-2007 at 07:37
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2007 at 08:36
One world one government. sceintific revulotion.
chimx View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote chimx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2007 at 01:10
the future, she be red.

Wink
"Hegel says somewhere that great historic facts and personages recur twice. He forgot to add: 'Once as tragedy, and again as farce.'" -Karl Marx
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>