Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Predict the Mankind's future...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Poll Question: In future, the world would embrace...
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
14 [20.90%]
6 [8.96%]
4 [5.97%]
12 [17.91%]
9 [13.43%]
6 [8.96%]
3 [4.48%]
3 [4.48%]
4 [5.97%]
6 [8.96%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Online Status: Offline
  Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Predict the Mankind's future...
    Posted: 18-Dec-2006 at 17:50
This is just for my personal survey for my math's statistic project. Please vote, but you could leave a comment if you wish... At least 50 voters are required!!!Sleepy

Pekau

Edited by pekau - 25-Dec-2006 at 01:28

Join us.
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2006 at 18:49
What is the time-frame for this future? 100 yrs? 1000 yrs? Infinity?
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2006 at 18:59
humans and everything else on this planet will be destroyed by grey goo. A process where "nano"biorganisms perfectly suited for survival will under mutations and will reproduce uncontrollably, while consuming Earth's resources, every resource... 
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2006 at 19:20
Well...I'd imagine that the thing to happen in the nearest future would be World War III - it is inevitable - when not if. Later down the track well that's a bit harder to determine...
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Dec-2006 at 01:48
I believe the future of mankind is space, but just for the "chosen ones".

In the near future (time frame 2050-3000) the following events can be predicted:

Colonization of the solar system in space habitats, with asteroid mining and solar power satelites.

First explorer sent to a nearby star

Widespread use of genetic engineering for design babies and the mixing of people in planetary scale blur racial divisions, and we get into the "barbie" world.

Skycars spread cities.

Drastic reduction of populations, aging at unprecedent scales.

Etc.

It is just a matter of extrapolating the tendencies.

For the long term future, what seem possible is the addaptation to space and the colonization of all the galaxy. But that will take a million year at the very least.

Penguin

Sock Puppet View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Sock Puppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Dec-2006 at 04:01
Corperate Dictatorship a'la William Gibson.
When in Rome do as the Romans do, is not good advice when visiting an Italian public toilet.
Dan Carkner View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Dan Carkner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Dec-2006 at 05:58
Hmm, I doubt there will ever be a uniform result across the world.
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Dec-2006 at 06:29
Well, such a thing is possible. And I sure hope that one such unitary state would arise.

An unified State of Earth would be immensly practical, all efforts would be joined in itself, however such thing can only happen after some three centuries from now... for I think that an ecumenopolis is needed for that. But if we reach that stage, then technological achievements would be quick and simple.
Siege Tower View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Siege Tower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Dec-2006 at 10:15
oh yeah,classless
Krum View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Krum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Dec-2006 at 12:12
May be it is impossible but i dream for a one-world government.There wont be any wars and hate.But it is just one utopia.This one-world government may turn into dictatorship of one nation.That's why the new world's capital must be situated somewhere in Switzerland.
It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.
Plato
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Dec-2006 at 12:42
Originally posted by Krum

May be it is impossible but i dream for a one-world government.There wont be any wars and hate.But it is just one utopia.This one-world government may turn into dictatorship of one nation.That's why the new world's capital must be situated somewhere in Switzerland.

How far is that from the role of the current sole superpower. Do we not already live in a "One-world government" dictatorship. In fact i would argue that a one-world govt can only exist through dictatorial rule, because it wouldn't be sustainable due to the tensile forces of ideological differences. Because no matter how much power structures are broken down, ideological blocks would always concentrate.

Although the Utopian dream is not a bad one.

Edited by malizai_ - 19-Dec-2006 at 12:43
Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Adalwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Dec-2006 at 13:02
My vote goes to a return of the Stone Age, following World War 3.
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2006 at 21:00
I believe the future of the world will hold multiple choices listed above as true.

Conservatism: But not as we would envision conservatism today. As technological advances become quicker and quicker, the time in transition will be less and less, thus people won't fully comprehend the changes occuring, and ignorance and fear lead to conservatism. This will lead to many luddite lobbyist to the government who will want legislation on things like electronic tracking systems and genetic engineering.

Space colonization and further division of nationalities.: As a believer in the frontier spirit, I constantly hope for space colonization in the future, but as the world becomes more and more engrossed in profit margins and efficiency, this becomes less and less of a reality, although I still hold out hope.

However, at our current pace it will take us nearly 100 years to begin the colonization of space, and it WILL be started by the Chinese, to be followed closely most likely by the russians. The colonization of space could lead to a WWIII scenario if handled poorly but I don't think that would be the case. I believe it would be a similar situation to the Colonial period in europe with many localized wars as opposed to one huge war.

Rise of Artificial Intelligence and mankinds decline: Although I believe that there will be a rise in AI I don't believe that this will cause mankinds demise. I believe that we are smart enough to know that AI should be kept inside cages (Virtual Reality) and not be allowed to interact with humanity in permanant robots. Of course Japan and possibly America could f*ck this up.

All of the other options to me appear unrealistic, although planning the future is indeed a treacherous affair. Everyone remember transistors.

Corperate Dictatorship a'la William Gibson.

I agree on this, the future of the world lies not with states but companies, within the next few hundred years the idea of our current states and nations will be antiquated as they will slowly crumble under the weight of the corporations. This is what I believe will be the direct cause of space colonization. This will however lead to a very dystopic world for those who remain on the planet.

Widespread use of genetic engineering for design babies and the mixing of people in planetary scale blur racial divisions, and we get into the "barbie" world.

I will agree with this point for the majority of earth in the future pinguin, but I will disagree this point for those in outer space. Smaller populations which are less diverse, since the colonies will probably contain those of the same national, ethnic, religious or political leanings and the distance traveled will be so great, space will eventually be populated by very diverse peoples varying in hair, eyes and skin tone. Unlike back on earth which will eventually become highly mixed. Although I believe in order to achieve a total elimination of any racial sub-type it will take at least a thousand years. Although prejudice based on skin color will be eliminated within a few hundred.
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Siege Tower View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Siege Tower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2006 at 23:16
X thousand years later, mankind will be destroyed along with other spicies, possibly suffer the same fate as dinos, and X million years later, when earth recovers from ice age, a new spicie becomes the dominant .
think View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote think Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2006 at 02:48
it WILL be started by the Chinese, to be followed closely most likely by the russians

I dont think China will be the first I believe it will be either Russia+EU or America. Or possibly Japan.

They would have thought up some awesome technology during the Cold War that we wont see until the time is right. An until something comes out of China that hasnt been reinvented then i dont think they will lead the way...

It could be like imperialism all over again but this time it will be the colonisation of planets.

Edited by think - 22-Dec-2006 at 02:50
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Dec-2006 at 02:24

Being a person currently writing a "hard" sci fi story of space colonization and the political rammifications Im biased for that.  I also dont beleive human nature ever really changes so well just see the same things but on a larger scale.  Colonies become independent from each other and Earth.  Given that the colonies do not have all the unfortunate cultural and historical baggage of Earth they will likely be the dynamic forces of change and Earth will become obsolete.  The new center of power is never inside the old one, but on the periphery.

Of course humankind will never leave the solar system given the pains of travel and the unlikliness of finding anything.  Robotic colonization of asteroids and comets for resources is very likley though.

We will probably never meet sentient aliens.  They are certainly there but the odds of finding one or any before our species becomes extinct is nill given the distances.  And would we want to find them? If their anything like us, probably not, one of us would annihilate the other for the odds of the technology being equal are still yet lower.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
YusakuJon3 View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote YusakuJon3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Dec-2006 at 06:29
I'm playing this one carefully considering my background and what seems more likely to me today.  WW III is a definite possibility.  Given that the United States is currently on the point of wavering in its conflict with the Islamic terrorist movements and their supporters and may likely fold after next year, I see a surge in terrorist activity abroad which may draw in one or more peripheral players (China, perhaps, or the EU) who'll then have to step up to the plate to combat the threat posed.  How they do it is beyond my scope of predicting, though.  It could be something as simple as a total embargo on trade and emmigration from those regions associated with the terrorists' ideologies coupled with something like martial law imposed to eliminate the terrorist cells identified within the borders of affected countries, or it could be an all-out invasion with the intention to totally eliminate the parties promoting and supporting Islamic terrorism (not unlike what the US did with Afghanistan, but more ruthlessly done).  The effects would be a near-collapse of the oil-based world economy and a period of depression, followed by a slower recovery as new and alternative resources are promoted and exploited.

The United States may well be hit by the terrorists again, at least until they do the something stupid (along the lines of Hitler's invasion of his "ally" Russia in WW II) and bring the wrath of other nations not so encumbered by the type of government that gives them a "national conscience" of the like which is now affecting the US.  It's going to be a rough decade or two...
"There you go again!"

-- President Ronald W. Reagan (directed towards reporters at a White House press conference, mid-1980s)
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Dec-2006 at 06:37
Originally posted by Tobodai

Being a person currently writing a "hard" sci fi story of space colonization and the political rammifications Im biased for that.  I also dont beleive human nature ever really changes so well just see the same things but on a larger scale.  Colonies become independent from each other and Earth.  Given that the colonies do not have all the unfortunate cultural and historical baggage of Earth they will likely be the dynamic forces of change and Earth will become obsolete.  The new center of power is never inside the old one, but on the periphery.

Of course humankind will never leave the solar system given the pains of travel and the unlikliness of finding anything.  Robotic colonization of asteroids and comets for resources is very likley though.

We will probably never meet sentient aliens.  They are certainly there but the odds of finding one or any before our species becomes extinct is nill given the distances.  And would we want to find them? If their anything like us, probably not, one of us would annihilate the other for the odds of the technology being equal are still yet lower.

Hey! That interest me!

I am also a Hard SF writer but most of what I write is in Spanish LOL

I wonder if you have contacts or groups where to discuss ideas. I am so tired of the "softies" that I need to discuss ideas with people that really knows its science! Jesus, I have a friend that wrote a novel where he talk about geosync satellites at 300 kms of altitude Big smileBig smileLOL. I found "softies" so disgusting.

I also believe we should focus on the colonization of the solar system instead of thinking so much about the stars, star trek's style. That's for kids, not for serious visionaries. However, I do think in the long term (1 or 10 thousand years more) nearby stars will be colonized one by one. To cross the 40 years that separate us from the closest stars we only need better tech, and suspended animation is not impossible... at least in principle.

Regards,

Omar Vega (alias Penguin),
Chilean

Edited by pinguin - 24-Dec-2006 at 06:38
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Dec-2006 at 06:50
Originally posted by Siege Tower

X thousand years later, mankind will be destroyed along with other spicies, possibly suffer the same fate as dinos, and X million years later, when earth recovers from ice age, a new spicie becomes the dominant .

Interesting!

I always wonder why the idea of a final apocaliptical end is so popular in our species.

Yes, there is a chance of extinction, particularly when there are subnormals commanding armies with nuclear weapons, but also there is a great chance for survival.

The solar system is empty, is all there for us to colonize. Why should mankind stop developing to higher levels?

Penguin

think View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote think Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Dec-2006 at 07:33
Originally posted by Tobodai

Of course humankind will never leave the solar system given the pains of travel and the unlikliness of finding anything.  Robotic colonization of asteroids and comets for resources is very likley though

What makes you say that theres an unlikely chance of finding anything Confused

Technology is always going forward. What we cant do today we may be able to do tomorrow.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>