Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A message from the Iraqi resistance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Online Status: Offline
  Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A message from the Iraqi resistance
    Posted: 07-Dec-2006 at 15:36

This war was an illegal invasion of a sovereign independent country, an invasion that was against the will of the proud people of Iraq,that was in direct violation of international law, and whose intention was to rob of its last resort a poor people that has suffered decades of sanctions.

First off, any country that gets invaded will be resisted by "proud" people, irregardless of the reasons. These "proud" people are just sore that they are about to lost the monopoly they've held over politics for the past decades.

Could you tell me what international law has been violated? Because I think international law was kept, taking in all of the intelligence the US had at the time. Unlike in say Rwanda where the international community broke an international law by non-intervention in a genocide.

Your troops have given nothing but genocidal death and suffering to the people of Iraq. The resistance is legitimate and fights for the freedom that  your government has taken from the people of Iraq.

The genocidal death and suffering, has been instigated by the very people of Iraq, who like vultures over a corpse are trying to get the choicest pieces for themselves.

I won't argue that Iraq was one of the most free Arabic states, but it WAS under a dictatorship that used torture and deception as a means to control the populace, and don't think that everything was all peaceful, like the failed coup against Saddam after the Gulf War when the US chose not to get involved.

Your troops do not intend to leave Iraq until the last drop of oil is drained from within its soil.

Propaganda and stupid, if that was the case we'd all ready have invaded Iran, or we'd just give Iraq  to our "buddies" the Saudis.

If Iraqis really had weapons of mass destruction, you would never have dared to invade their country.

Agreed, I mean they could barely hang on in Iran in the 80's.

The Iraqi people never asked for your freedom or democracy. They fight it and will continue to fight it until you leave and stop meddling in their country. And then maybe one day they will be able to bring from withing a true democracy and enjoy true freedoms, unlike the false democracy and the false freedom that you are trying to impose on them with the intention to steal their resources.

I believe they asked for it in the failed coup of the 90's. I can't imagine that people would want to live in Saddam's police state. Where IIRC after losing an important game the Iraq national soccer team would be tortured. And we are not there to steal resources, once democracy is enabled in Iraq we'll leave and international oil conglomerates will take over so rich and corrupt Iraqi's will get more money, from rich and corrupt oil CEO's.

Correct, Saddam was the only thing that kept them from killing each other in the first place. Which makes the invasion not only illegal but also extraordinary unintelligent.

So it's all right for a few people to be tortured to death so long as stability is achieved. If that's the case, than I assume you support the Patriot Act in it's entirety?

he said mongols were the first super power like america
he also said that they were the only non-muslims that invaded iraq just like america

Bullsh*t, that area was occupied first by Alexander the Great, then later briefly by the Romans and the Byzantines, don't forget the British occupied the region after WWI. Also, of course it hasn't been conquered by too many non-muslims, it is in the center of the historic muslim world, many other more powerful nations would have had to have been brought down for it to be even close to occupied.

institutionalised torture, like that seen at Abu Ghraib

Please don't use that as official US policy in Iraq, all the guilty parties have been tried and sentenced, as well as condemned here in America by the regular populace and gov't officials. Things like this happen in every war where individuals supercede their orders.

The occupiers know that the current situation is unsustainable and cannot last much longer

Only because America's do not understand how occupation is supposed to work. It took the US from 1776 to 1789 before we had a functioning government. It took France from 1789-1804 before they had a functioning government. Wars that go from dictatorship to democracy take time, and I wouldn't think it outrageous for the US to be in Iraq another five years, these things take time, just because everything is going slower than people want doesn't mean it isn't going.

I refuse to watch terrorist propoganda.

That's an idiotic statement Adalwolf, since even if you don't want to watch it, terrorists and sympathizers do want to watch it, and will use it in arguements against you, so it's best to be prepared to defend your beliefs.

War is a legal part of the international system!

"War is a continuation of politics by other means." -Carl von Clausewitz.

Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2006 at 15:57
About a year and a half ago an alqaedia tape was released featuring a guy with an australian accent making threats to the west. The media here went into a big hype, front page news stuff, they were talking about 'Home grown terrorist', had language experts analyse his voice saying "an accent probably from western sydney consistant with having a middle eastern background", and so on. A few days later, someone recognised him. He was Matthew Stuart, a serving SAS officer, who doesn't have a middle easten background. The story was completely dropped. No-one was interested in asking
"What the hell is an SAS officer doing on a Al-Qaedia tape?"
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2006 at 16:30
Abu Ghraib was a mere drop in the Ocean! It happened at Gitmo; what about the secret CIA torture houses on foreign soil that we've heard so much about lately in Europe? Goodness knows what else.

Iraq will never turn into a stable democracy, not now - the most likely thingthat Iraq will turn into will be three separate states. And the difference between France and Iraq is that Iraq is under a brutal occupation that has claimed the lives of tens of thousands of its people, at the least.
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2006 at 16:56
Originally posted by JanusRook

Could you tell me what international law has been violated? Because I think international law was kept, taking in all of the intelligence the US had at the time. Unlike in say Rwanda where the international community broke an international law by non-intervention in a genocide.

Under Chapter VII of the United Nations Charter, to which the USA is a party, an attack on another nation is permissible only under two circumstance: in self-defense, as outlined in Article 51, or pursuant to a Security Council resolution, as outlined in Article 42.  The USA was never attacked by Iraq to act in self-defense, nor was its invasion authorized by the security council. In invading Iraq the US acted above the law and as an agressor against Iraq and its people, not unlike Nazi Germany when it attacked and invaded Poland.

The genocidal death and suffering, has been instigated by the very people of Iraq, who like vultures over a corpse are trying to get the choicest pieces for themselves.

600,000 Iraqis have died directly as a result of your government's invasion. If you had not decided to take over their country, most of themse Iraqis would still be alive.

mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2006 at 20:38
Did you just compare US to Nazi Germany LOL
The Canadian Guy View Drop Down
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2006 at 22:01
IMO, I think the British and American forces should leave Iraq and let the Iraqi's fight themselves. I believe that Iraq is going to be another Vietnam.  

Edited by The Canadian Guy - 07-Dec-2006 at 22:03
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2006 at 02:47
It already is, but due to the effective media propaganda, the scale of the disaster there has been under-reported.

I do remember a year or so agao the neo-cons whining about the good thing sin Iraq not bring reported...  More propaganda; I remember a picture from Istanbul was used, saying that it was Baghdad LOL
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2006 at 03:26
There is propaganda all over. In the United States and Iraq. So you can't just blame Iraq too.
Hate and anger is the fuel of war, while religion and politics is the foundation of it.
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2006 at 03:28

So it's all right for a few people to be tortured to death so long as stability is achieved. If that's the case, than I assume you support the Patriot Act in it's entirety?

Not at all, but making it worse is not a good option either. The American invasion was the catalyst that started the mayhem (yes, I do know all the genociding going on is commited by the proud Iraqi themselves). If you don't have a good solution better don't do anything at all. Comparing the US with Nazi Germany is utterly ludicrous though.
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2006 at 12:26
Originally posted by mamikon

Did you just compare US to Nazi Germany LOL

What a stupid, pathetic and cheap comment. I never compared the United States of America to Nazi Germany.

I compared the US invasion of Iraq with the Nazi invasion of Poland. In both cases the invaders justified their actions on an imagined threat against them in pursuit of their imperialist agendas, and in both cases the invasions resulted in a massive loss of life in the countries that were being invaded. Six hundred thousand Iraqis have died as a result of the US decision to invade, two million are now refugees outside Iraq, god knows how many more millions are internally displaced, or crippled and disabled for life.

America has no regard for Iraqi lives and the presence of American troops in the country is the main source of violence and the ultimate deterrent to peace. America should leave because the overwhelming majority of Iraqis, Shia and Sunni, want them out. Why can't America respect the democratic wishes of the Iraqi people and their quest for freedom?

Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2006 at 12:29
Haditha massacre, one year on:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/6162442.stm

Example of Iraqis enjoying their freedom... in the afterlife. Notice how the matter was overlooked until pictures were sent to Time.

What about all of the other "incidents" resulting in civilian deaths where there was no photgrapher present immediately after...

Edited by Zagros - 08-Dec-2006 at 12:32
General
General
The Native Canuck

Quote The Canadian Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2006 at 12:35
Thus America should leave Iraq, and for good.
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2006 at 12:55
Well,America will leave.So what?Another powerfull State will try to dominate over Iraq's corspe,Iran or Saudi Arabi or Turkey.Not that they care,they only want to secure themselves.That's how it is,that's how it will always be.Politics means serving interests.The fundamental difference ,though,is whose interests do you serve.

"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2006 at 13:53
Well said Spartakus.
I want to ask the autor of this thread what he means by "Iraqi resistence"?
As we see in the news again and again the victims of so called resistence are the Iraqi people, so they resist also against own people? This doesn't deserve to be called "resistence" but also Terror.
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2006 at 14:09
Originally posted by The Canadian Guy

Thus America should leave Iraq, and for good.

starting with the oil fileds.
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2006 at 19:22
Originally posted by Maziar

I want to ask the autor of this thread what he means by "Iraqi resistence"?
As we see in the news again and again the victims of so called resistence are the Iraqi people, so they resist also against own people? This doesn't deserve to be called "resistence" but also Terror.

By the resistance I mean all those pople that resist the American occupation and fight for freedom, like those in this documentary:

Iraq  - The Lost Generation

Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2006 at 20:06
Originally posted by Adalwolf

Originally posted by Zagros

Murder is perfectly natural too... is it therefore perfectly legal? I think not. I admire the way people can defend the indefensible, shows a real tenacity.

War is a legal part of the international system! My international relations teacher said this about a million times! It is legal part of the system, but not a well-liked part of the system! Get it through your heads!
so any invasion of any country then can be made legal?

I wonder by who's law your teacher is refering to. Maybe the law of the jungle

The crime of aggression

"The draft statute contains two options concerning the definition of aggression. One possible definition lists the specific acts for which an individual in a position of responsibility could be held accountable for aggression. The following acts would constitute the crime of aggression under this definition: planning, preparing, ordering, initiating, or carrying out an armed attack, or the use of force, or a war of aggression, or a war in violation of international treaties or agreements, by a State, against the territorial integrity of another State, against the provisions in the UN Charter.

A second possible definition provides a list of acts constituting aggression, which includes the following:

UN

The UN Charter Article 2
"All Members shall refrain in their international relations from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any state, or in any other manner inconsistent with the Purposes of the United Nations."

UN

JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2006 at 22:35

600,000 Iraqis have died directly as a result of your government's invasion.

um......not exactly.....

Firstly, that is just the highest estimate, and it's not without it's critics. Including the Iraqi Health Ministry...

Secondly, many of these if not most of these deaths are only caused as an indirect result of the occupation, i.e. the partisans fighting each other and either killing themselves directly or causing a lack of access to health care.

Should the US coalition forces in Vietnam be held responsible for the deaths to Vietnamese civilians caused by the Viet Congh?

The USA was never attacked by Iraq to act in self-defense, nor was its invasion authorized by the security council.

The invasion was authorized in the first Gulf War, and Saddam chose not to obey the terms of the cease-fire, therefore it can be argued that the second Iraq War is just a re-establishing of aggression due to an infraction by Saddam in the cease-fire.

However if the US has violated the terms of international law, under the UN charter then all members should apply sanctions and/or declare war against the US. Of course since none of these have been done, then the Iraq war has implicit approval.

IMO, I think the British and American forces should leave Iraq and let the Iraqi's fight themselves. I believe that Iraq is going to be another Vietnam.

Which is why we shouldn't pull out. Or do you agree that it's in the US' best interest to have another anti-US state in the Middle East?

Why can't America respect the democratic wishes of the Iraqi people and their quest for freedom?

I'm sorry? The Iraqi's under Saddam were enjoying their lives in a free and democratic nation?

starting with the oil fileds.

So then European nations can get back to dominating them.....

so any invasion of any country then can be made legal?

Of course since the victor gets to lay down the laws.

The US has fooled everyone in the country to believe that the American Civil War was a legal conflict.

---------------------------

I will ask everyone this though. Forget about personal bias, forget about reports and everything else. Do you think that Iraq would be better in the long term with or without Saddam? If you say with Saddam you should lobby your gov't to demand the re-instatement of Saddam to power in Iraq. If not then you should support the US occupation, because they are the only stabilizing force in Iraq right now and once Iraq is stabilized the US will leave.

Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Adalwolf View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Adalwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2006 at 22:53

[QUOTE]

---------------------------

I will ask everyone this though. Forget about personal bias, forget about reports and everything else. Do you think that Iraq would be better in the long term with or without Saddam? If you say with Saddam you should lobby your gov't to demand the re-instatement of Saddam to power in Iraq. If not then you should support the US occupation, because they are the only stabilizing force in Iraq right now and once Iraq is stabilized the US will leave.

It would have been f**kin waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse in the long run.
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2006 at 23:51

600,000 Iraqis have died directly as a result of your government's invasion.
Firstly, that is just the highest estimate, and it's not without it's critics. Including the Iraqi Health Ministry...

Secondly, many of these if not most of these deaths are only caused as an indirect result of the occupation, i.e. the partisans fighting each other and either killing themselves directly or causing a lack of access to health care.

The figure comes from a reputable scientific journal, and is denied mostly by Americans and their puppets in Iraq.

The deaths were caused by the American decision to invade the country, and those people would still be around if your government was prevented from launching its illegal invasion.

However if the US has violated the terms of international law, under the UN charter then all members should apply sanctions and/or declare war against the US. Of course since none of these have been done, then the Iraq war has implicit approval.

You must be kidding that somebody would dare impose sanctions on the USA.

I'm sorry? The Iraqi's under Saddam were enjoying their lives in a free and democratic nation?

They were definitely not. But after hundreds of billions of taxpayer money, thousands of American lives, and hundreds of Iraqi lives they still do not. The situation now is in fact many time worse than it was under Saddam.

So then European nations can get back to dominating them.....

At least you are being honest as to what this war is all about. It never was about freedom or democracy, it is all about US and European dependency on oil.
It is all about financing your $500 billion current account deficit and your $43 trillion national debt.
For the Bush administration Saddam Hussein's worst crime was never his human right violations and tyrannical rule on the Iraqis. Saddam Hussein launched an economic Pearl Harbor on America when in the fall of 2000 he declared that he was going to switch away from the petrodollar and sell his oil in euros thus threatening one of the fundamental pillars on which the US economy is based. All oil is currently sold in dollars, thus providing the USA with an unlimited credit allowing it to finance its enormous military expenditure. Here is more about it:

Source:
http://www.feasta.org/documents/review2/nunan.htm

Edited by bg_turk - 08-Dec-2006 at 23:55
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>