Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kyrgyz - the oldest nation in CA.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kyrgyz - the oldest nation in CA.
    Posted: 16-Oct-2006 at 21:46
is there any english version of Manas
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2006 at 08:30
I'd like to remind that the area of Osh/Uzgen really is an ancient settled area, it looks amazing. I think it was a major city of capitol of the Karakhanids, the first large powerfull Turko-Muslim state, stretching all across Central Asia. Their literature, culture and architecture flourished. During this time, Kashgari Mahmud, Yusuf Has Hajib and others wrote the early great Turkic works. They built CaravanSarays, new original architectural styles in their mausoleums, towers, civic buildings, mosques. You can see the influence of the Nomadic Turkic style being incorporated into sedentry architectural styles in their complexes.

Osh-Uzgen Kirgizistan has some of the earliest Turkic examples of Turko-Islamic architecture, plus pre-Islamic monuments. There were recently many statues and ruins found in that area, more and more keeps being uncovered. Sadly alot was forgotten and burned after the Mongols torched the area.

However, alot remains, it seems after areas were depopulated their buildings remained but people had fled and in time it became a ghost town.

There's alot of history in that area, hopefully more archeaologists will conduct studies there.    
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Turk Nomad View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun
suspended

Quote Turk Nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2006 at 10:59

I heard Kyrguzs are one of the oldest Turkic Tribes.I red Manas legend and I love it!

Kyrguz Turks know our oghuz legends?Ever read?(Like Ergenekon)
Turkoglu View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Turkoglu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2006 at 17:46
Kirgiz Village in Turkey.

Kirgiz of Pamir had been settled in Turkey in 1982 by the President Kenan Evren. The village Ulupamir is in Van-Erciş i think they are 2000 or something nowa days. They wrote letters to the goverments of Turkey and USA when they were at exile in Afghanistan and they choose Turkey because of cultural and ethnic reasons.

You can watch the documentary film "37 uses for a dead sheep - the story of the Pamir Kirghiz" for more information.

Here is some pictures.

GhengisKhan View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote GhengisKhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2006 at 05:20

ı love kyrguzs =)

niki View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote niki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2007 at 05:13
The Kyrgyz of Eastern Turkestan

From Afghanistan

This one is Hajji Turdu Akhun, the Kyrgyz deputy in Loya Jirga
Follow this link. www.juldu.com to get more pictures of Afghan Kyrgyz

The Kyrgyz of Pamir

My favourite one - the Kyrgyz hunter from Pamir. Very audacious photo

Edited by niki - 07-Jun-2007 at 05:32
Tenir
El
Umai
niki View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote niki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2007 at 05:23
Inside a yurt
Left (Male's) side

Central part (for guests)

Right side (Female's, kitchen)

Edited by niki - 07-Jun-2007 at 05:27
Tenir
El
Umai
niki View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote niki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2007 at 05:30

Girl from Afghan Pamirs (Little Pamir)
Tenir
El
Umai
niki View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote niki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2007 at 05:36

The kyrgyz felt carpet - SHYRDAK

Tenir
El
Umai
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12