Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Most apealing alphabeth

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
theMacedonian View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote theMacedonian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Most apealing alphabeth
    Posted: 11-Nov-2006 at 11:12
Which language do you belive has the most apealing alphabeth.

By this i mean which alphabeth is visualy the most pleasent to look upon when looking at a book or a text written in it.

I would like to know what you all think.
Knight
Knight

Quote theMacedonian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2006 at 11:16

Ok this is the modern Macedonian Alphabeth

А Б В Г Д Ѓ Е Ж З Ѕ И Ј К Л Љ М Н Њ О П Р С Т Ќ У Ф Х Ц Ч Џ Ш

so write a bit more alphabeths and then we might put up a poll

bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2006 at 11:33
Bulgarian Alphabet:

А Б В Г Д Е Ж З И Й К Л М  Н О П Р С Т У Ф Х Ц Ч Ш Щ Ъ Ъ Ю Я
Ikki View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Guanarteme

Quote Ikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2006 at 11:59
The armenian alphabet is delicious beautifoul, followed by classical greek in second and the arabic in third:

Armenian:

Ա Բ Գ Դ Ե Զ Է Ը Թ Ժ Ի Լ Խ Ծ Կ Հ Ձ Ղ Ճ Մ Յ Ն Շ Ո Չ Պ Ջ Ռ Ս Վ Տ Ր Ց Ւ Փ Ք Օ Ֆ

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_alphabet

The indian ones are beautifouls too:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brahmic_family

Tangriberdi View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Tangriberdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2006 at 13:16
flyingzone View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote flyingzone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2006 at 13:29
Some linguists have pointed out that the Korean Hangul alphabet is arguably the world's most "efficient" one when it comes to near-perfect grapheme-phoneme correspondence.

Hangul consists of 24 letters 14 consonants and 10 vowels that are written in syllabic blocks of 2 to 5 components. Below is a chart of the Korean alphabet's symbols and their canonical IPA values:

Consonants
IPA p t ʨ k ʨ͈ ʨʰ s h m n ŋ w r j
Hangul    
Vowels
IPA i e ɛ a o u ʌ ɯ ɰi je ja jo ju wi we wa
Hangul
Qutuz View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Qutuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Nov-2006 at 23:05
Arabic is the most calligraphical alefbeh, and the artwork done with it would have to be some of the best.

Beauty of alphabet is not really something Europeans excelled at. The Latin & Greek scripts (which most other Euro-scripts are based on) are rather boring.

The one used by Bengali's is also quite nice (not sure what the script is called though).
Dan Carkner View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Dan Carkner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2006 at 00:07
I agree, some artistic forms of Arabic calligraphy are simply exquisite, there is no way one could imitate that with latin characters.

I'm going to put in a good word for the Czech alphabet, I don't know why.  There's always that just seems humble and jovial about it ;)
A, , B, C, Č, D, Ď, E, , Ě, F, G, H, Ch, I, , J, K, L, M, N, Ň, O, , P, Q, R, Ř, S, , T, Ť, U, , Ů, V, W, X, Y, , Z,

Flipper View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Flipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2006 at 12:23
Originally posted by theMacedonian

I'm sorry but that is the Serbian alphabet. I have Monotypes leaflet of european alphabets and here is what it has.

And a closer look

Edited by Flipper - 04-Dec-2006 at 12:36

Så nu tar jag fram (k)niven va!
Flipper View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Flipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2006 at 12:38
The Hellenic alphabet (Attic version)

From the latin alphabets I like the Irish alot.

The Armenian is a mystery for me and that's why it fascinates me.

Arabic is beautiful as well.

Edited by Flipper - 04-Dec-2006 at 12:45

Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2006 at 14:38
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Knight
Knight

Quote theMacedonian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2006 at 21:53
Originally posted by Flipper

I'm sorry but that is the Serbian alphabet. I have Monotypes leaflet of european alphabets and here is what it has.

And a closer look

Oh flipper, flipper I thought u wore a smart intelectual... ccc man u really disapoint me i kinda liked you style of propaganda, but BUT as u can see some of the Macedonian letters look diferent visually but also the sixth letter of the Serbian alphabeth is more of a "Dj" (eng. the "d" in "Dew or the "J" in Jew) and in Macedonian its "Gj" (look up the macedonian border town of Gevgelija(greek. Gevgeli) Macedonian features "Dz"(i dont have Macedonian Supp. on this comp), it is located between "Z" and "I" (between the 9th and 11th Macedonian letters, meaning its the 10th Macedonian letter). The 23rd letter thats in the Serb alphabeth does not exist in the Macedonian one, and the Macedonian languege has "Kj" (as a Q as in "Suzie Q)...and further more the Serb alfabeth is 1 letter short...
SO... this mean not only YOU are VERY wrong, BUT you also sliped up and showed you nationalistic views rather than YOU been here for "HISTORICAL" reasons. Clap

sorry mate u f*up this time. Dead
Time is our ONLY witness.
!!!Слобода или Смрт!!!
Flipper View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Flipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2006 at 22:29

Oh flipper, flipper I thought u wore a smart intelectual... ccc man u really disapoint me i kinda liked you style of propaganda, but BUT as u can see some of the Macedonian letters look diferent visually but also the sixth letter of the Serbian alphabeth is more of a "Dj" (eng. the "d" in "Dew or the "J" in Jew) and in Macedonian its "Gj" (look up the macedonian border town of Gevgelija(greek. Gevgeli) Macedonian features "Dz"(i dont have Macedonian Supp. on this comp), it is located between "Z" and "I" (between the 9th and 11th Macedonian letters, meaning its the 10th Macedonian letter). The 23rd letter thats in the Serb alphabeth does not exist in the Macedonian one, and the Macedonian languege has "Kj" (as a Q as in "Suzie Q)...and further more the Serb alfabeth is 1 letter short...
SO... this mean not only YOU are VERY wrong, BUT you also sliped up and showed you nationalistic views rather than YOU been here for "HISTORICAL" reasons. Clap

sorry mate u f*up this time. Dead

Watch your language. I was not ironic and certainly didn't do any propaganda by pointing out something. So, please do not try to accuse me for something I didn't do. Look again at this forum and see your comments like "I've head that"-style you've made in serious discussions before accusing me for anything.

Now tell me something. Did the sequence you posted become official in 1944? If yes, was the Serbian or the Bulgarian alphabet the official one? And I am serious about that question, so please don't start all over again.

Knight
Knight

Quote theMacedonian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2006 at 23:05
Ok I understand YOU we all feel bad when we make mistakes. But never mind that u made it u face it (I do the same). But anyways yes its true that this form of Macedonian was actually established in 1944. But I don't know why everyone forgets that the first slavic based Alphabeth was designed on the dialect that was spoken in the Macedonia Reageon. So doesnt this make macedonian a much older language? Doesnt a language have the freedom to evolve and better it self (for eg. your native Greek has evolved through the ages). I mean we Macedonians used a form that was much closer to the modern Bulgarian(but only visualy) not structualy, all through the ages we had a non-specified form, which was not all that different from today (only a few letters that have no sound have been thrown out). But the language was basicly the same (keeping in mind that it evolved to a certan degree, it got standerdised(no more dialect forms) but it still keeps its main core basis).
!!!Слобода или Смрт!!!
Knight
Knight

Quote theMacedonian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2006 at 23:09

...and for the "I've heard that", style of comments... just politics. Figure it out. If u havent noticed we Macedonians are very peceful and don't like arguments all that much, and trust me I will do almost anything to avoid a usless confrontation. So if I need to say something I feel in a way so I don't spark a "war" but still retain the information on where you stand on a question, then YES i make comments like that.

!!!Слобода или Смрт!!!
Flipper View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Flipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2006 at 23:45

Ok I understand YOU we all feel bad when we make mistakes. But never mind that u made it u face it (I do the same). But anyways yes its true that this form of Macedonian was actually established in 1944. But I don't know why everyone forgets that the first slavic based Alphabeth was designed on the dialect that was spoken in the Macedonia Reageon. So doesnt this make macedonian a much older language? Doesnt a language have the freedom to evolve and better it self (for eg. your native Greek has evolved through the ages). I mean we Macedonians used a form that was much closer to the modern Bulgarian(but only visualy) not structualy, all through the ages we had a non-specified form, which was not all that different from today (only a few letters that have no sound have been thrown out). But the language was basicly the same (keeping in mind that it evolved to a certan degree, it got standerdised(no more dialect forms) but it still keeps its main core basis).

The slavonic alphabet was designed indeed in Thessaloniki by the brothers Cyril and Methodius and was targeting the slavonic populations in the Balcans and above. I didn't comment the language, i wanted to verify a document that contains that year. So thanks for that. Unfortunately (by my opinion) the Greek alphabet became more simplyfied which was not good.

Now, if you don't mind I refer to that alphabet as slavonic macedonian alphabet. I'm from the region and do not connect to that alphabet.

Edited by Flipper - 07-Dec-2006 at 00:06

Flipper View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Flipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2006 at 23:51

...and for the "I've heard that", style of comments... just politics. Figure it out. If u havent noticed we Macedonians are very peceful and don't like arguments all that much, and trust me I will do almost anything to avoid a usless confrontation. So if I need to say something I feel in a way so I don't spark a "war" but still retain the information on where you stand on a question, then YES i make comments like that.

This depends from person to person. I didn't accuse you for being hostile but not everyone is like that. Remember i was one of the first to welcome you here with a PM.

My reaction was based on accusation of propaganda towards me when all I did was an observation based on an official Monotype document.

Knight
Knight

Quote theMacedonian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2006 at 00:00
Ok man thats true... but YOU have to admit that its not the same alphabeth and I hope u aknowlige that.
!!!Слобода или Смрт!!!
Flipper View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Flipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2006 at 00:07

Ok man thats true... but YOU have to admit that its not the same alphabeth and I hope u aknowlige that.

Yes, I admit that but it is very similar.

Knight
Knight

Quote theMacedonian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2006 at 01:12
Originally posted by Flipper

The Hellenic alphabet (Attic version)

|   |   |    |    |    |   |         *  |    |    |               |    |   |    *   |          |    |       |
  |   |   |    |    |    |   |         *  |    |    |               |    |   |    *   |          |    |       |
  |   |   |    |    |    |   |         *  |    |    |               |    |   |    *   |          |    |       |
  А   В  Г   Д   Е   З   Н        *  К   Л   М             О   П   Р   *   Т         Ф   Х    Ш
                                         И                                           С

Б Ѓ Ж Ѕ Ј Љ Њ Ќ У  Ц Ч Џ  

Heheheh these also look the same...
And plus all the slavic speeking languagaes are the same. Wink

Edited by theMacedonian - 07-Dec-2006 at 01:14
!!!Слобода или Смрт!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>