Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your favorite Native American

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Poll Question: Who is your favorite Native American figure?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [2.86%]
2 [5.71%]
3 [8.57%]
9 [25.71%]
6 [17.14%]
3 [8.57%]
2 [5.71%]
2 [5.71%]
2 [5.71%]
5 [14.29%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your favorite Native American
    Posted: 13-Dec-2006 at 06:48
Originally posted by leif erikson

this is sooooooooo dumb I don't know these indians nobody knows who is the master architect of texcoco and what he did I never found a book on such this and only people of the national historic archive of mexico could know this and if you are that person please tell us firs what they done and then ask the qeustion

Sorry fellow that you didn't know about him, but is your fault LOL

Nezahualcoyotl perhaps is not known internationally because, as you may know, communication media is not at the hand of hispanics... as yet Wink

But, Nezahualcoyotl is known in Mexico. He is recognized by the main Engineering society in that country (yes, Mexico also have engineers, and they even invented color TV Tongue). His poetry was registered in Nahuatl and Spanish by Nezahualcoyotl greatson, so you can find it in a well provided library, and EVEN IN ENGLISH.

Moreover, Texcoco still exist, so you can visit it, if you ever wish.

Yes, you use the name of great Leif Ericson as your nick, but your attitude with "these indians" show your ignorance about that topic, and a certain biass. (Imagine someone talks about scandinavians saying "these barbarians". I would be insulting. isn't?) And I bet Nezahuacoyotl created better poems and build larger structures than most of what the Vikings did LOL

Regards,

Omar

Hellios View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Hellios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Dec-2006 at 07:34
Originally posted by leif erikson

this is sooooooooo dumb I don't know these indians

If you don't know about those historical figures why are you calling the thread dumb? Wink

Slick View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Slick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2007 at 01:53

Red Cloud and Crazy Horse were interesting characters, as was Tecumseh and others who fought against American expansion. I really admired the first two though for the tactics they employed against American settlement of the West. Basically I think that the Sioux and many other similar tribes in the far-West fought for a valiant cause and deserve more recognition than they get. The history of the Plains Indians is very sad. :(

"Dai Ichi Dai Man Dai Kichi"
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2007 at 23:50

This is Lautaro, the greatest Amerindian heroe of South America. After him, the independence heroes of South America named masonic lodges were insurrection started. After him the communist revolutionaries named theirs groups, and the army and navy of Chile name divisions and warships.

He is considered on of the greatest strategists of all times. His tactics helped the Mapuche stop the Spanish colonization, forcing them to deal and sign peace treaties.

In this picture of the 19th century one see Lautaro carrying the ancient Mapuche flag, with the asterix-star on it, and blue background. That was a model that served in the design of the current Chilean flag, below.

(current Chilean flag)

Pinguin

Edited by pinguin - 20-Jan-2007 at 23:51
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234