Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Continued... Abolition of Ottoman Caliphate

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Qutuz View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Qutuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Continued... Abolition of Ottoman Caliphate
    Posted: 10-Nov-2006 at 05:09
Omar,

If he claimed he had no way to hold it, he probably had no way to hold it.

He abandoned it almost as soon as he arrived. He put very little effort into defending it. Also, we must look to the history immediately before it. He returned from the Dardanelles and began campaigning for the Caliphate to withdraw from the war. This meant he didn't believe in it, and therefore I think it's quite obvious that someone who doesn't believe in a war and is campaigning strongly for its end would not be fighting hard to prolong it.

The Sahabah fought a bloody civil war between themselves

What exactly are you trying to say by this Omar? I'm puzzled.

Guys please, thats like blind men feeling an elephant, one man touches the ear and says 'its a large flappy creature' the other touches the leg and says 'nay its a strong tree like trunk'.

Your analogy is nice Omar, but not quite applicable to my statements. As I've never claimed that the personal relationship between you and your Creator isn't part of Islam, nor have I claimed that love for Allah isn't part of  Islam. All I've done is try to fill in the gaps for bulldog, and show him that Islam is much more than that (although obviously it includes that).

Clearly its both. Fear and love, both from the other. Two sides to the same coin.

Yes that's a good analogy also.

Its like the famous race, the Indonesians look at the Arabs & Pakis and think they are really religous and try to catch up

Indeed Allah (swt) has commanded us to compete with eachother in this way:

"So vie with one another in good works" [Srah al-Baqarah: 148, Srah al-Midah: 48]
The Hidden Face View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Quote The Hidden Face Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2006 at 06:23
Qutuz, My friend, you know, today november 10, a sad day for Turks. But! Hey! He's not dead! Still live amongst us looking at you!

Be careful, man, be careful. (J/K) LOLLOLLOL 
Qutuz View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Qutuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2006 at 13:57
arghhhhhhhhhh

What a scary site. That drunken stare is just disgusting. Please remove it.
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2006 at 15:37
TheGR
I'm of the belief that it is perfectly all right for Islamic prayer and other religious services to be performed in the native languages of various Muslim peoples who are non-Arabs. One of the reasons I feel that the Arabs tend to be more religious than other Muslim peoples is because they can actually understand what is written in the Koran. I feel it that other Muslim communities would benefit from having a better understanding of their religion instead of just going to the mosque or hearing the call to prayer but not being able to fully understand or realize the meaning of it.

Thumbs Up

I agree.

It would also help to dismiss the propoganda of some that Islam is an "Arab religion only".

Its essential to understand what your religion is.

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Qutuz View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Qutuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2006 at 17:41
Seko,

you were given numerous chances to either accept or refute your claim about your so-called Caliph being mentioned in the Quran

I gave you 5 verses from the Qur'an which clearly speak about the ruling system in Islam. I gave you several hadith and also the statements of the Sahabah (ra) and also the statements of the Greatest Imams and Classical Scholars of this Ummah. If you reject all of those together, there's not much more I can do for you. The idea that all of them colluded to make up something that doesn't exist is just preposterous. It is you who is making up something that doesn't exist, a new modified version of Islam to suit your own needs.

And you failed to provide the exact verses from the Quran

I provided all of the verses, and most of them with their surah and ayah number. The others are 2:30 (This is the ayah about a Khaleefah mentioned exactly) and also 5:44  about those who do not rule by what Allah (swt) revealed being kuffar. This verse CLEARLY shows that if you don't use an Islamic ruling system (ie. a Caliphate) then you are a KAFIR. If you want to dispute and say that it doesn't mention Caliphate  by word, it's irrelevant, if it looks like a duck, it waddles like a duck and quacks... it's a duck. Also the other verse 2:30 already establishes that Allah (swt) has called the ruling position of mankind as Khaleefah anyway, along with the numerous hadith in which the Prophet (saw) mentioned clearly this is the name for our ruler and ruling system. Anyway if you're going to fight over the name, it's pointless stop wasting our time. The kind of system (its attributes) have been clearly stated in the Qur'an, it must be a system based on the Shari'ah commandmenets of Allah or anything else would be KUFR.
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2006 at 03:56
The Sahabah fought a bloody civil war between themselves

What exactly are you trying to say by this Omar? I'm puzzled

Just pointing it out.
Qutuz View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Qutuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2006 at 06:48
I pointed out that bulldogs "take" on Islam is completely out of step with the 1400 year history of Islam (including the time of the Sahabah) and you responded to that statement with "The sahabah fought a bloody civil war between themselves", it just doesn't make sense, sorry. I needed some clarification, as I'm still at a loss to understand what you meant by it.
Qutuz View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Qutuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2006 at 06:52
Originally posted by bulldog

It would also help to dismiss the propoganda of some that Islam is an "Arab religion only".

There's not really all that much propaganda on this issue. And even if there were, it wouldn't be a reason to twist and modify our religion, just to suit the kuffar.

You seem to forget that throughout the 1400 year history of Islam, Persians, Berbers, Turks, Indians, Chinese, Balkanites Spainsh etc. all came into Islam, and none of them felt the need to modify the language of the prayer, knowing full well that the text of the salaat must be in Arabic, as this is how the Prophet (saw) commanded it, even to his non-Arabic speaking people in his time.

But as has become evident, you're not following his religion, you're following your own religion, perhaps witha bit of Kemalism thrown in.

So I will say what Allah (swt) advised us to say to you "To you be your deen and to us ours".
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2006 at 08:56
Qutuz
There's not really all that much propaganda on this issue.

It's the Number ONE argument used by Islamophobics and Muslim haters. They say were all enslaved into an Arab religion and arn't allowed to understand what we believe in.

Qutuz
You seem to forget that throughout the 1400 year history of Islam, Persians, Berbers, Turks, Indians, Chinese, Balkanites Spainsh etc. all came into Islam, and none of them felt the need to modify the language of the prayer, knowing full well that the text of the salaat must be in Arabic, as this is how the Prophet (saw) commanded it, even to his non-Arabic speaking people in his time.

It's clear you obviously have no understanding or concept of how and why people converted to Islam.

They were not "forced" to convert, spoken to in Arabic and then made to nod their head pretending they understand.

If you go to other communities of Muslims they do pray in their native language, they know the teachings in their language. There religous leaders know the original Classical Arabic script and the people can recite Surah's and Ayets from the Holy Qur'an aswell usually.

If you knew how it spread you'd realise that among Persians their language was used, for Turks their language was used like Ahmad Yasawi, Haci Bektashi, Ebu Mansur Maturidi etc for Balkan muslims they were taught in their native language.

Would you just use some basic logic, if somebody came up to you speaking in Korean, firstly you wouldn't have a clue what was going on. You don't know the language so can't grasp the same understanding as the person explaining does.

If you don't realise or know how Islam was spread then I suggest you research it.

It sure wasn't spread by biggoted, patronising people telling people they must know another language to be let into the club unlike certin individuals here.
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2006 at 09:05
Originally posted by Qutuz

So I will say what Allah (swt) advised us to say to you "To you be your deen and to us ours".

Qutuz

You have misquoted the verse, it applies to non-muslims.(therefore it does not apply to Bulldog)

Qutuz

The ottoman state didnt just explode, it was a slow lingering death. It was due to deminishing revenues, increasing spending, high taxation(especially land taxes), devaluation of currency, corruption as a direct result of ineffective central administration that allowed local pashas and governors to consolidate power locally at the expense  of the center. It also lagged in resources exploration and commerce in comparison to other european nations who were all the time increasing in strength.

Having said that it could have still continued to wear the shroud of the caliphate as u have correctly pointed out. I would therefore speculate that the kemalists and pashas wanted to end the european speculation of a resurgent caliphate by the complete abolishment of it.

The end of the caliphate was a very foggy affair with numerous protagonists and double dealings even amongst apparent allies who were jostling for their own interests.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2006 at 11:49
Qutuz,
I am amazed at how you take any word in the Quran that mentions something (khaleefatan) and you immediately think it means spiritual leader of muslims.
The following verse you provided is about Adam. Not about a successor to Muhammad.

2:30 And your Lord said to the Angels: "I am placing a successor on Earth." They said: "Would You place in it he who would corrupt in it, and spill blood, while we sing Your glory, and praise You?" He said: "I know what you do not know."
2:31 And He taught Adam the description of all things, then He displayed them to the Angels and said: "Inform Me the descriptions of these things if you are truthful."

5:44 We have sent down the Torah, in it is guidance and a light; the prophets who have surrendered judged with it for those who are Jews, as well as the Rabbis, and the Priests, for what they were entrusted of God's Scripture, and they were witness over. So do not fear the people but fear Me; and do not purchase with My revelations a cheap price. And whoever does not judge with what God has sent down, then these are the rejecters.

You prove my point. What did God send down? The Quran or Bukhari's, Malik's, Abu Huirara's 'talmudic' gospels?

Lastly, this was a question I asked you before:

"I ask again. Where is it clearly written that the Caliph is the leader of the Ummah?".

You answered:

"The verse I already quoted for you, "Whoever does not rule by what Allah has revealed, such are al-Kafiroon"
http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=16024&PN=1

This is your escape from reality. A general statement that doesn't mention Kalifa in the sentence.

Even the Rabbi's and Priests were to follow and judge by the Torah. They were not instructed to judge by something else about religious matters. Look at the religious fatwa's and laws created by Caliph's over the years that were not promoted by the Quran and you will see that they created laws contrary to it.

Edited by Seko - 11-Nov-2006 at 11:49
Qutuz View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Qutuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2006 at 12:25
Originally posted by bulldog

It's the Number ONE argument used by Islamophobics and Muslim haters. They say were all enslaved into an Arab religion and arn't allowed to understand what we believe in

So let them say that, Do you care about what Allah (swt) says or about what Islamophobics say???

Really if you cared more about Islam, you wouldn't even give such things a thought, and you'd be PROUD to be called a follower of the Arabic religion, as Allah (swt) clearly stated in the Qur'an that he has sent this message down as an ARABIC QUR'AN. Seems you're a little ashamed of that fact, and feel Arabs and Arabic are backwards. Hence your love of Kemal's script adoption and your desire to pervert Islamic teachings from what've consistently been for over 1400 years.

It's clear you obviously have no understanding or concept of how and why people converted to Islam... ...They were not "forced" to convert, spoken to in Arabic and then made to nod their head pretending they understand.

Actually it's you who has no idea. You've completely confused talking with people about Islam, with the language of prayer. Prayer is a ritual and it should be done in Arabic. Speaking with someone about the qualities of Islam, would obviously be done in a language they comprehend. This goes without saying, and nowhere have I indicated otherwise. What you're talking about here I really don't understand.

And anyway history shows that most of those who came to Islam, in the early centuries at least, all adopted the Arabic language as well. Persia was in those days Arabic speaking, and its only in later times that Persian made a comeback. Likewise most of the Turks who first embraced Islam became Arabic speakers. Imam's Bukhari, Muslim & Abu Hanafi were all of Persian or Central Asian origin, and became some of the greatest scholars of Arabic language, and Islamic jurisprudence.

If you go to other communities of Muslims they do pray in their native language

For example? I don't know of any community that prays in a language other than Arabic. And I live in an area heavily populated by Turks, they all make Ezan in Arabic, pray in Arabic and most even make their du'a in Arabic (something which is optional to make in any language you like).

they know the teachings in their language.

Again your points are just ridiculous. nowhere have I indicated that knowling the teachings of Islam in your native tongue is a problem. In fact it's quite obvious to any half-wit that you'd need to. It appears to me, you're trying to include such ridiculous ideas into the argument to confuse the issue.

It doesn't really work, you're argument just looks weaker for the inclusion of such bizarre ideas.

Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2006 at 14:49
Qutuz
Actually it's you who has no idea. You've completely confused talking with people about Islam, with the language of prayer. Prayer is a ritual and it should be done in Arabic. Speaking with someone about the qualities of Islam, would obviously be done in a language they comprehend. This goes without saying, and nowhere have I indicated otherwise. What you're talking about here I really don't understand.

I already stated that most mumin's in non-Arabic speaking muslim areas will know a few Surah's in Classical Arabic, however,  few actualy understand what they're reciting.

For example the Ikhlas Surah below

A'uzu billahi minashaitanir rajim

I seek refuge in Allah from the outcast Satan

Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim

Yusuf Ali:  In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
Pickthall:  In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
Shakir:  In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
Muhammed Ali:  In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful. 

Kul HUvAllahu Ehad

Yusuf Ali: Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;
Pickthal:
 Say: He is Allah, the One!
Shakir:
Say: He, Allah, is One.
Muhammed Ali: Say: He, Allah, is One.

Allahus Samed

Yusuf Ali: Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;
Pickthal:
Allah, the eternally Besought of all!
Shakir:
Allah is He on Whom all depend.
Muhammed Ali: Allah is He on whom all depend.

Lem yelid ve lem yuled

Yusuf Ali: He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;
Pickthal:
He begetteth not nor was begotten.
Shakir:
He begets not, nor is He begotten.
Muhammed Ali: He begets not, nor is He begotten;

Ve lem yekn leHU kfven ehad

Yusuf Ali: And there is none like unto Him.
Pickthal:
And there is none comparable unto Him.
Shakir:
And none is like Him.
Muhammed Ali: And none is like Him.

Many people know it but not many know what it means.

If they did know what it meant it would be far more beneficial and develop a deeper understanding, ofcourse the original Classical Arabic should be known but mumin's must also understand what they are saying.

Qutuz
And anyway history shows that most of those who came to Islam, in the early centuries at least, all adopted the Arabic language as well. Persia was in those days Arabic speaking, and its only in later times that Persian made a comeback. Likewise most of the Turks who first embraced Islam became Arabic speakers.

I really suggest you do a little investigation into this matter.

Do you think Persians would just give up there language and start speaking a totally different language.

Only the pollitical elite knew this language, in that era there was not a education system like today where over 90% of population is literate.

The vast majority of Persians, Turks, Afgans, Bengals, Indian Muslims etc had no knowledge of Arabic and did not speak the language and still don't.

None adopted Arabic as the official state language, it was used in religous affairs and teachings as it still is today.

Qutuz
For example? I don't know of any community that prays in a language other than Arabic. And I live in an area heavily populated by Turks, they all make Ezan in Arabic, pray in Arabic and most even make their du'a in Arabic

Ezan is not a prayer.

Salat/Namaz obviously uses Classical Arabic as Surah's are being recited from the Holy Qur'an.

Prayer which is "Dua" can be in any language and private.

Albert Pine

The Grim Reaper View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote The Grim Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2006 at 15:44
Originally posted by Bulldog

TheGR
I'm of the belief that it is perfectly all right for Islamic prayer and other religious services to be performed in the native languages of various Muslim peoples who are non-Arabs. One of the reasons I feel that the Arabs tend to be more religious than other Muslim peoples is because they can actually understand what is written in the Koran. I feel it that other Muslim communities would benefit from having a better understanding of their religion instead of just going to the mosque or hearing the call to prayer but not being able to fully understand or realize the meaning of it.

Thumbs Up

I agree.

I absolutely second that notion! Clap

I think that for too long, the idea that Islamic prayer ought only be recited in Arabic, and that the Koran ought only be written in Arabic because it is a "holy language" has done nothing but serve as a tool for the advancement of Arab culture and identity.

Excellent point!

Edited by The Grim Reaper - 11-Nov-2006 at 15:49
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2006 at 17:18

I pointed out that bulldogs "take" on Islam is completely out of step with the 1400 year history of Islam (including the time of the Sahabah) and you responded to that statement with "The sahabah fought a bloody civil war between themselves", it just doesn't make sense, sorry. I needed some clarification, as I'm still at a loss to understand what you meant by it.

I mean that the Sahabah are not a role model in every single thing.

Originally posted by Seko

Even the Rabbi's and Priests were to follow and judge by the Torah. They were not instructed to judge by something else about religious matters. Look at the religious fatwa's and laws created by Caliph's over the years that were not promoted by the Quran and you will see that they created laws contrary to it.

Actually that last line of 5:44 is an excellent argument not to include Hadieses in a shariah intepretation.
And whoever does not judge with what God has sent down, then these are the rejecters.

Hadieses were not sent down by God.

the intention, duah and khutbah are usually in the local tounge. The actual prayer in arabic.
And anyway history shows that most of those who came to Islam, in the early centuries at least, all adopted the Arabic language as well. Persia was in those days Arabic speaking, and its only in later times that Persian made a comeback. Likewise most of the Turks who first embraced Islam became Arabic speakers. Imam's Bukhari, Muslim & Abu Hanafi were all of Persian or Central Asian origin, and became some of the greatest scholars of Arabic language, and Islamic jurisprudence.

Not true. The Semetic speakers of the middle east didn't just change their language to arabic, the semetic languages with greater intercontact and arabic influence blurred together. This is why there is so much variation in arabic "dialects", they are decendent from different semetic languages.
Indo european languages such as turkish, or Pharsi were never replaced by arabic. Arabic was never adopted by the masses of these people. Bukhari and Hanafi are not examples, as these men as scholars were taught and mastered arabic. In exactly the same way scholars do now.

Edited by Omar al Hashim - 11-Nov-2006 at 17:20
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2006 at 09:30
Originally posted by The Grim Reaper

TheGR

Thumbs Up

I agree.

I absolutely second that notion! Clap

I think that for too long, the idea that Islamic prayer ought only be recited in Arabic, and that the Koran ought only be written in Arabic because it is a "holy language" has done nothing but serve as a tool for the advancement of Arab culture and identity.

Excellent point!

The Grim Reaper

Although i agree with the spirit of your post, to do away with Arabic for the Koran and prayer, adzhan  are not only unnecessary but an oversteer. You will find a Koranic translation/exegesis in almost every language concievable. To learn the literal meaning of the prayer and adzhan is not asking for your guts exactly. A turk may travel to china and know from the arabic adzhan that a prayer is going to be offered. So it has additional benefit that it adds to the unity of purpose. whereas taking it away would take away some of these additional benefits.

Take an example of the Khutba, in non-arab countries its read in the native language, along with the Arabic formailty.

Edited by malizai_ - 13-Nov-2006 at 05:35
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2006 at 09:51
why should ezan be turkish? Because of Turkish nationalism? Bullsh*t.

I am sure every muslim know what to do, when they are hearing ezan. If someone is not knowing why they are listening ezan, most probably he is not muslim. So I dont change langauge of ezan for him too.

Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2006 at 10:33
The original Classical Arabic must of-course be kept as the original source because there are some words which can get lost in translation.

However, after the original is read, if the same is read again in their native language it would be very beneficial as people would actually understand what was being said.

I don't think this is such a "shocking" and unthinkable thing to ask.

For example many Mosques here (London) for Juma, read Surah's from the Holy Qur'an in its original, the Salat/Namaz commences and then that's it. I know that the vast majority of Mumin's didn't understand what was said, this I feel is so unfortunate as they do not realise the beauty of what is being said, the messages, the teachings. Also Juma is much more than just this. The Hodja/Imam should explain, let the Jemaat ask questions, support community works and translate what is being said so that everybody understands.

Edited by Bulldog - 12-Nov-2006 at 10:34
Albert Pine

Qutuz View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Qutuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2006 at 01:03
Seko,

Qutuz,
I am amazed at how you take any word in the Quran that mentions something (khaleefatan) and you immediately think it means spiritual leader of muslims

I quoted the tafsir of Imam al-Qurturbi, who is one of the most respected Classical Scholars and exegetes of the Qur'an. He is trusted by all sides of Islamic Orthodoxy, Sufis, Salafis, Tablighis whoever you ask, all agree Imam al-Qurtubi is an authentic scholar whose tafsir is trusted.

You prove my point. What did God send down? The Quran or Bukhari's, Malik's, Abu Huirara's 'talmudic' gospels?

I am sorry, I meant to write 5:45 not 5:44. But since I've quoted it for you about 3 times already, you should've been aware what I was talking about.

Again: "Whosoever does not rule by what Allah (swt) has revealed, such are disbelievers (al-Kafiroon)." 5:45

This is your escape from reality. A general statement that doesn't mention Kalifa in the sentence.

That verse makes it clear that only a ruling system based on the Islamic system is correct (which we know from the Prophet (saw) is called the Khilafah system), the name is not that important, but the substance of it is. If we failed to rule by it, we would become kuffar.

By this verse, we can know people like Mustafa Kemal are disbelievers, and therefore it's haraam to follow them, and this was my main point anyway. Whether you believed in the Khilafah or not is not my main aim here, as you don't even believe in the Sunnah, which is the first step you'd need to take before even worrying about the Khilafah. But at least we can see from this verse your beloved leader is not one of us, and it's haraam for Muslims to follow or praise him, as this verse clearly marks him as kafir.

Look at the religious fatwa's and laws created by Caliph's over the years that were not promoted by the Quran and you will see that they created laws contrary to it.

The Khulafa adopted rulings, based on the ijtihad of qualified Islamic Scholars, who have the necessary knowledge to derive a shari'ah ruling from the Islamic texts. This is something I don't think you have a lot of knowledge about, and probably should study a little more before you make such statements. Also you deny the hadith, so that limits you from really understanding the process of ijtihad anyway.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2006 at 13:54

I am sorry, I meant to write 5:45 not 5:44. But since I've quoted it for you about 3 times already, you should've been aware what I was talking about.

Again: "Whosoever does not rule by what Allah (swt) has revealed, such are disbelievers (al-Kafiroon)." 5:45

Though you hold my mind reading skills in high regard, I still need to work at it. Keeping track at your misplaced verses is cumbersome.

So this is your conclusion? Your wrongfull attempt at portraying the Caliph as being necessary and thus supposedly supported by the Quran? Wrong as usual. God doesn't tell us to rule an Islamic government by Caliphate. He leaves the form of government to us, as long as the religious laws have backing from the Quran.

This ends my long participation in this discussion. I no longer need to correct your lack of evidence. Your lack of EXACT verses from the QURAN. You beat around the bush and try to tell us what certain verses mean, you even attempt to bowl us over by attesting to experts in the field. You are still back to square one. Ignoring the mistake you made and cover it up by extraneous means. Since you are so fond of your scholars then ask them where it is written, in the Quran, that a Caliph is supposed to be the spiritual leader of muslims.   

Edited by Seko - 13-Nov-2006 at 13:56
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>