Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

who are Turks? The current people in Anatolia?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 18>
Author
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: who are Turks? The current people in Anatolia?
    Posted: 10-Aug-2005 at 06:37

Originally posted by kotumeyil

Dear gok_toruk, you are the politest member of AE!

***edited by Yiannis***

WARNING - Repeat this kind of posting and you'll be banned without warning.

Edited by Yiannis
Either make a history or become a history.
kotumeyil View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote kotumeyil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2005 at 06:43

What did he do?

By the way, it's not nice to insult anybody in your first post... 

Edited by kotumeyil
[IMG]http://www.maksimum.com/yemeicme/images/haber/raki.jpg">
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2005 at 22:10

What did he do?

By the way, it's not nice to insult anybody in your first post... 

Sorry for that, and thanks for your warning. I couldn't control myself to become a member to say somthing about his posts, which made my first post to be editted.What a shame.  Anyway, just to name a few:

Originally posted by Gok_toruk

I should go see a doctor!!! I can't help all those mistakes in my typing! Please correc it: 'It doesn't need me to prove it...' instead of 'It doesn't me to prove it'...

Hi there. Well, there was no difference between Turkic and Mongolian languages before 600 B.C.

Azeris are Iranian Turkified people. They didn't have Turkic culture from the beginning. Even today, they just practice Iranian customs.

By the way, I'm a Salur Oghuz. We were one of the biggest and strongest tribes of all Central Asia.

I really don't have time to quote all the ridiculous claims made by him. Believe me, you can find more, if you try.

perdon View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote perdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2005 at 03:40

also a boring member ,who will say hi dear alll--------,LOOL!!

Cengiz Kagan View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Cengiz Kagan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2005 at 09:19
Originally posted by perdon

If it comes to boringness I think you surpass every member of AE.
TANRI TURKU KORUSUN
Kenaney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Kenaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2005 at 09:34
whats going on here? Asker hizaya gel!
OUT OF LIMIT
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2005 at 15:39

Soilder, get in line! Thats an appropriate suggestion Kenaney.

You all can come up with points of reference instead of bold claims of manhood.

perdon View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote perdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2005 at 23:33
Originally posted by Cengiz Kagan

Originally posted by perdon

If it comes to boringness I think you surpass every member of AE.

ican surpass anyone except you !

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2005 at 15:02
Dear Barbar,
   Hi there. Best wishes. Well, what, may I ask, is wrong with those quotes you've put up here? Leave the first one; it just shows my mistakes in typing. But what about others?

Mate, I don't know if you study anthropology or not, but Turks & Mongols are of the same human-like body, 'peking'.

Azeris' ancestors were Media people. You can find their temple in the place Azeris live right now; it's their historical homeland. How can one's father speak Iranian; But his son's tongue is Turkic? Hmmm? With the fact that Turks migrated to Western Asia, so if Azeris are Turks, why they used Iranian language during history?

Salur was one of the oldest, biggest and strongest Oghuz tribes before 1800. What's your obejction to this point?

Take care...
Sajaja bramani totari ta, raitata raitata, radu ridu raitata, rota.
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Aug-2005 at 23:54

A piece of advice,  review your posts before you posting them. That will make you look better.

So you are expert in anthropology, sorry, I didn't know that. tell me then, who are mongols or when they were known as mongols? what is the reason for turkic and mongol people's being distinctive from each other? I was even more amazed when you were talking about 600 BC. 

Azaris should be the people who claim they are turkic or not, not you or some other so called scholars. Language is not changed so easily. You know Tajik people, why have they kept their language among so many Turkic nations around them? Why have the other Iranians( or Persians)  kept their language (only Azaris have changed) ? It is common for  the family to speak in their mother toung, if both of the parents speak the same language. Of course they can become bilingual if the governing group speak a different language.  For their children, if the majority of the community speak their mother toung, they usually keep their mother toung. It is different when it comes to two parents who speak different languages. You should remember, Iranian language had a strong literatual culture, ususally it'd be more difficult to give up this type of a language.  I think you've got my point. It is ridiculous to me, if some one tries to deny one group of people's self-identity, soly judging from racial point of view. Don't use phrase like "from the first biginning", as if you were there to observe everything.

Now you are learning to give your proofs, "Salurs before 1800 years". Go on, which period? Why they were considered to be one of the strongest? Why other turkic people don't know much about them?

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2005 at 08:37
Part of Mongols who live with Turkmens have been speaking Turkmen for more than 700 years; they've forgotten their mother tongue. A great part of Mongols in Iran speak Iranian. They don't even remember how their customs were. These are of frequent occasion. I don't deny Persia's old culture. But, you can't compare an Azeris physical charachtersitics to an Anatolian or something. Is there any need to propose their genums map?

By the way, you do remember there wasn't any name Mongol before 1300 A.D. They were just a combination of Steppe tribes; but because their core tribe and their great commander spoke a language (today called Mongolian!!!), somehow different from Turkic, so the majority accpeted this language. Arians attacked native Iran's settlers. Those native didn't speak Iranain; but they do right now.That's about it for the time being.

By the way, Salur was a big tribe before 1800 A.D. Although their were just one tribe of Turkmen nation, they were considered as great warriors in Central Asian, besides. You know it, Salur, Tekke and Yomut are three Turkmen tribes who frequently attacked other Khanates. You might consider I'm showing off; but I'm just talking about the way back.
But they are very few in number nowadays. They live different Central Asian countries, Iran, Afghanistan and China. But in all those countires, they just present a small number. Take care.

P.S: Turks & Mongols are so distinct?
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2005 at 09:01

Empires of the Word : A Language History of the World
by
Nicholas Ostler

This book covers the rise and decline of lanquages. The main reason for lanquage growth is the ability to gain new speakers. Farming communities have this advantage for some reason. Other important reason are conquest, economic might, and religion. Trade communities make a big impact yet for only a short duration in the whole scheme of things.

Edited by Seko
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2005 at 22:46

Many thanks for this info Seko. I'll try to get that book, I'm really interested.

barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2005 at 23:29

Originally posted by gok_toruk

Part of Mongols who live with Turkmens have been speaking Turkmen for more than 700 years; they've forgotten their mother tongue. A great part of Mongols in Iran speak Iranian. They don't even remember how their customs were. These are of frequent occasion. I don't deny Persia's old culture. But, you can't compare an Azeris physical charachtersitics to an Anatolian or something. Is there any need to propose their genums map?

I thought you would show me your anthropologic knowledge. Pity, you were giving some examples. Well then, had those Mongols lived seperately from other people? I don't think they were also taking as much mongol women with them when they came to that part of central Asia, and I also don't think that the soldiers as conquerers contented with only one wife. There surely happened intermarriage between the mongols and the locals. Anyway, do they call themselves Mongols or Turkmans or Iranians? If they call themselves Turkmens, then they are Turkmens. It is that simple. Because they have their own reason for that. NO ONE IS ASHAMED OF BEING A  PART OF AN ETHNIC GROUP, AS THERE IS ALWAYS SOME FACTS FOR THEM TO BE PROUD OF.  I wonder why physical characteristics are so important for you? Azaris and Anatolians are not comparable? Who told you that?  You are mentioning Genetic map, save your time to paste them. According to that map,  Qazaqs are more mogoloid than Mongols, Russians are more close to Mongols than to Europeans etc etc. What really matters is the common cultural root, not gene.   

By the way, you do remember there wasn't any name Mongol before 1300 A.D. They were just a combination of Steppe tribes; but because their core tribe and their great commander spoke a language (today called Mongolian!!!), somehow different from Turkic, so the majority accpeted this language. Arians attacked native Iran's settlers. Those native didn't speak Iranain; but they do right now.That's about it for the time being.

Oh really, so they made up a name and gave it to their mighty nation. WOW. I didn't know that. Anyway, which tribes united under Mongolians? I think you have enough knowledge about Turkic tribes before the Mongol empire. Then how many of them merged to that unity? please name them. If you can't, I suggets a book which might be helpful. "Shejerei Turk" (Abulghazi Bahadirhan)

By the way, Salur was a big tribe before 1800 A.D. Although their were just one tribe of Turkmen nation, they were considered as great warriors in Central Asian, besides. You know it, Salur, Tekke and Yomut are three Turkmen tribes who frequently attacked other Khanates. You might consider I'm showing off; but I'm just talking about the way back.
But they are very few in number nowadays. They live different Central Asian countries, Iran, Afghanistan and China. But in all those countires, they just present a small number. Take care.

P.S: Turks & Mongols are so distinct?

Now you have changed your tone. Good step.  But still Sorry, we don't think the attackers as the strongest, we think the group who did build an empire or Hakhanate as the strongest in "All Central Asia".  

Ask Mongolians, what they think about Turks. Then you will get your answer.

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2005 at 13:29
Dear barar,
   Hi there. Well, Mongols who lived with Turkmens, who call themselves Turkmens right now, were the minority part in Turkmen society. Mongols of Iran, can't speak their mother tongue because of the heavy influce of Iranian culture. Right. By the way, to a usual buddy, no difference is found between an Anatolian and even a European. But a speciallits's veiw really differs. I'm not a speciallist; I just try to find out facts about man and his story. Common cultural root is definately what makes sense; but that's not all. By the way, physical characterisics are not important to me; but to anthropologist. Take care.
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2005 at 13:41
Dear Barbar,
   Hi there. Well, tribes like Merkits, Tatars, Kongrats are of the mentioned people in my post.

And about that book, thanks for reminding. I didn't know you refer to books like this when studying history. Take care.
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2005 at 13:48
Dear Barbar,
   Hi there. Well, I didn't say they built an empire; so if you consider empire builders only, as strong people, so Salur's not such a tribe. And when I say 'attacking', I mean they had the power to dare to do this. Kiptchaks even't didn't dare to 'frequently' attack. And in all Khanate, Salur, Tekke and Yomut Turkmens appeared as one part of the people especially selceted to act with Khan in wars. That's it. Now, want a book on this issue? You've probably forgotten:

Vambery's famous book about Central Asia, all Barthold's books, The Empire of the Steppes, the Oghuzes, etc. Take care.
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Aug-2005 at 14:26
Oh, by the way, about your words 'ask a Mongol what he thinks about Turks', I should say not all people study languages. Did you know the fact about Central Asians that most of them don't know anything about if they're Turk. They ARE Turk. But only persons with high education cal claim they are Turk. And my opinion about Mongols is not better than what Mongols think about us; but this can't change their great wars. Neither can their thoughts about Turks.
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2005 at 05:07

Dear barar,
   Hi there. Well, Mongols who lived with Turkmens, who call themselves Turkmens right now, were the minority part in Turkmen society. Mongols of Iran, can't speak their mother tongue because of the heavy influce of Iranian culture. Right. By the way, to a usual buddy, no difference is found between an Anatolian and even a European. But a speciallits's veiw really differs. I'm not a speciallist; I just try to find out facts about man and his story. Common cultural root is definately what makes sense; but that's not all.

It seems I had talked to a person who is deaf but can speak, or I wrote my previous posts for someone who is blind but can type.

Stop your nonesense, go and do some research on those group of mongolians, and then tell us "there is a group of stupid mongolians who call themselves turkmens".

barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2005 at 05:23

Dear barar, 
  By the way, physical characterisics are not important to me; but to anthropologist. Take care.

Now it's become not important to you. It seems you have learnt something. Good. Don't support your arguments  by this anymore as you did in your previous posts.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 18>