Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

who are Turks? The current people in Anatolia?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 18>
Author
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: who are Turks? The current people in Anatolia?
    Posted: 20-Aug-2005 at 05:58

Originally posted by gok_toruk

Dear Barbar,
   Hi there. Well, tribes like Merkits, Tatars, Kongrats are of the mentioned people in my post. 

Where did you get the info that Mekit and Kongrats are Turkic tribes before mongol empire?

Tatars are Turkic now! What's your point?

Originally posted by gok_toruk

And about that book, thanks for reminding. I didn't know you refer to books like this when studying history. Take care.

What's wrong with refering to  his book? When you study history, you have to refer to different sources, but you should not believe in all of them. That person wrote what he had experienced , he also said in his book that there were several historical books in front of him when he wrote his book, and he was the person who tried his best to connect Turks to Mongols.  Even so he gave the different turkic and mongolian tribes. Of course there were legends mentioned in his book. But someone will not take them seriously if he is not stupid.

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2005 at 08:02
Dear Babar,
   Hi there. First, I should say, I didn't mean anything when saying 'I didn't know you refer to these books...'. I was just kind of curious. And well, I didn't say Merkits and Kongrats were Turkic; they were just little bit different with Mongols; that's it. And have you noticed the great improvement during our conversations, so far? We just agree Tatars are Turk!!! It's obvious. But the way you acted just shocked me . Take care and watch out!!!

Kind regards,
Iltirish
Sajaja bramani totari ta, raitata raitata, radu ridu raitata, rota.
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2005 at 08:11
Phyisical characteristics are not what makes sense to me, mate. When you classify different races, you can't say an Azeri has something to do with Mongolian; just because their language is somehow related with Mongolian languages. That's what anthropologists think about.
So, when I'm talking about languages, it's not nessecary how people looked like sometime ago and how they do right now. But when talking about people and man- kind, I do note faces.
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2005 at 13:44

Hi all, I see a beautiful discussion here. Hmmm, I know for sure that to be a trkmen can be to be either 1-ethnically turkic 2-culturally turkic 3- a mix of both. Most Turkish people of Trkiye are of the 3rd category where they are Turkic tribes starting from the Oghuz immigration and the Seljuks who have mixed with local population including many Kurds, Armentians, Byzantinians, Greeks..etc who were turkcized (if I can use this term). You can see that turkish people resembles more of a mediterranean look as you move to Western Turkey as these areas had a substantional number of non-turkic population that mixed later.

Not  to confuse, it is not necessary that Turkic tribes travelled with their immigration after Islam as seljuks or ottomans. Bulgars were Turkic people who settled now Bulgaria by the 6th century AD and in fact mixed with the population there and EXCHANGED their turkic tongue with the Slavic one. Ottoman empire came later to influence Bulgarian language with more turkish vocabularies.

Finally, do not forget than Turkish population has obsurbed a lot of immigrants from European turkish-speaking communities or communities that can melt easily in the society, like a lot of Busians, Hungarians, Bulgarians, Turkish greeks, Azeris who mostly settled in Western turkey which is developed. Turkey population after WWI was 13 million growing to over 60 million now.

Edited by ok ge
D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Kenaney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Kenaney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2005 at 13:53
its actually more then 72million
OUT OF LIMIT
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2005 at 14:39

Well, the turkish embassy in Washington DC states they are approximately 65 million at their webpage introduction

http://www.turkishembassy.org/intro.html

Anyhow, 60 millions or 80 millions...a great nation for sure

D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2005 at 01:35
Originally posted by azimuth

she is beautifull i agree

but i've seen some pictures of the turkish in china and they have a wider eyes than this girl

but with the same type of nose.

She is the essence of beauty!

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2005 at 10:40
Originally posted by ok ge

Hi all, I see a beautiful discussion here. Hmmm, I know for sure that to be a trkmen can be to be either 1-ethnically turkic 2-culturally turkic 3- a mix of both. Most Turkish people of Trkiye are of the 3rd category where they are Turkic tribes starting from the Oghuz immigration and the Seljuks who have mixed with local population including many Kurds, Armentians, Byzantinians, Greeks..etc who were turkcized (if I can use this term). You can see that turkish people resembles more of a mediterranean look as you move to Western Turkey as these areas had a substantional number of non-turkic population that mixed later.

Not  to confuse, it is not necessary that Turkic tribes travelled with their immigration after Islam as seljuks or ottomans. Bulgars were Turkic people who settled now Bulgaria by the 6th century AD and in fact mixed with the population there and EXCHANGED their turkic tongue with the Slavic one. Ottoman empire came later to influence Bulgarian language with more turkish vocabularies.

Finally, do not forget than Turkish population has obsurbed a lot of immigrants from European turkish-speaking communities or communities that can melt easily in the society, like a lot of Busians, Hungarians, Bulgarians, Turkish greeks, Azeris who mostly settled in Western turkey which is developed. Turkey population after WWI was 13 million growing to over 60 million now.

i agree

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2005 at 10:48

And for you Gok_toruk, who do you think you are, saying that azeris are not turks, ......ooo i understand you think with your mong-mind that your people are the real turkish people huh?!....just go to your lovely mong-turkmenistan and stick with your own nation.....we look more like those turks from turkey than you ever be!!!!!!!!!

**Welcome to the dungeon**

Edited by Seko
Hak-Khan View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Hak-Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2005 at 17:23
Originally posted by ok ge

3- a mix of both. Most Turkish people of Trkiye are of the 3rd category where they are Turkic tribes starting from the Oghuz immigration and the Seljuks who have mixed with local population including many Kurds, Armentians, Byzantinians, Greeks..etc who were turkcized (if I can use this term). You can see that turkish people resembles more of a mediterranean look as you move to Western Turkey as these areas had a substantional number of non-turkic population that mixed later.

ha ha ha
totally agree

mixed? do u rally believe Turks married with Armenians,kurds, Greeks!!
really believe in that?
i set you free my friend

i think its so easy to think about roots in Arabia, but thinking is not always path to reality(in somewhere), and of course "the roots" is not so easy topic to make decisions freely

have a nice dreams with no prooves

Edited by Hak-Khan
AydoluAtsiz View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote AydoluAtsiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2005 at 20:50
why dont you prove it? all you ever say is that turks in turkey aren't mixed. proove to us that they aren't. i really wonder how you are gonna accomplish this. i know tons of them that are. they all speak turkish they all grew up there and they all call themselves a turk. some of them wouldnt hesitate to pick a fight if you were to say otherwise. im not saying violence is good to proove a point, but really hak-khan you need to think a little more realistically. every nation in the world is mixed. especially in recent times since the world has become a global village. and yes turks greeks and armenians do marry one another. they arent all racist. i know couples here in canada that are turkish kurdish. so what... whats the big deal. we are all people after all and we all wanna procreate. its natural.
Trk duygusu her Trkye en tatl kmzdr;
Trk lks candan da aziz bayramzdr...
Darbeyle gnllerde yatan lk silinmez!
Atsz yere dmekle bu bayrak yere inmez!...
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2005 at 00:14
I would like to see some proof too, otherwise this topic will be fodder for naive misfits who lack the ability to back up their claims.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2005 at 00:48

If people think they are Turks, then it is not up to us to decide who they are , they are Turks!

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2005 at 01:59

Azer Turko, listen buddy; to speak Turkic does not mean tp be a Turk raced. When you're talking about Turkic & Mongolian race, you can't say this category consists of Azeris. I didn't limit 'being a Turk' to only Turkmen or something. Azeris are definately Turkic lingulized; and you're right; you're more like Anatolian Turks than Central Asians.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2005 at 10:38

''dear got_toruk''

I can see you've been taking such an effort on posting annoying things about azeris....if i were you i would put my energy to write a book!

Janissary
Janissary

Quote AydoluAtsiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2005 at 11:54
i totally agree with tatar. i have made this point too before. wheather you are an anatolian turk azeri turk or turkmen kazak kyrgyz uygur tatar or whatever. if you feel you are a turk then no one can deny this to you. but claiming any type of racial purity, saying im more of a turk because of my blood or because i have slanted eyes or because i live in central asia is just plain wierd to me. we all have ties with one another wheather by blood, language culture or history. these ties are unbreakable and un deniable. and you definately dont need all of the above to feel like a turk. and i think that is the beauty of the all turks. we are a colorful people. u can see a cacasoid a mongoloid and alot more all who can call themselves a turk. insted of looking at all the differences and then saying you guys have nothing in common or im more of a turk than you, maybe we should first look at all the similarities and what ties us together....
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2005 at 12:22

Originally posted by AydoluAtsiz

i totally agree with tatar. i have made this point too before. wheather you are an anatolian turk azeri turk or turkmen kazak kyrgyz uygur tatar or whatever. if you feel you are a turk then no one can deny this to you. but claiming any type of racial purity, saying im more of a turk because of my blood or because i have slanted eyes or because i live in central asia is just plain wierd to me. we all have ties with one another wheather by blood, language culture or history. these ties are unbreakable and un deniable. and you definately dont need all of the above to feel like a turk. and i think that is the beauty of the all turks. we are a colorful people. u can see a cacasoid a mongoloid and alot more all who can call themselves a turk. insted of looking at all the differences and then saying you guys have nothing in common or im more of a turk than you, maybe we should first look at all the similarities and what ties us together....

I totaly agree, thank you very much

Hak-Khan View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Hak-Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2005 at 17:37
sorry but its a pure irresponsibility

Turks were Muslim people, they were not racist but they were PURE EXRIME FUNDEMENTALISTS(of course not so pure in the present day)

so it cant be a marriage between Muslims and Christians at those years(first movements to anatolia since the year of 1071-the days that all the people was extreme in the known-world)
as you see,it was a madness to think and applying about mixing in that ages

sorry but your thoughts are related to ignorance

anatolian turks were only mixed with other turks who came anatolia from central asia,siberia,mongolia in The Big Movements

sahas,sakas,azeries,tatars,turkmens,uyghurs,kyrgizs,yakuts ,karays,kazaks and many more

they have still different look a likes between those turks
some of them dark, some of them blond...
some of them are still simpleton too(believers for every kind of false noticing)

Edited by Hak-Khan
Your_Overlord View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Your_Overlord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2005 at 19:08
whats the confusion?

Xiong Nu are considered turkic ancestors and genetic tests also links them with todays turks.  DNA evidence also shows Xiong-Nu to be 89% mongoloid thru extraction of mtRNA from excavated tombs.  Bottom line is ancient turks were most likely mongoloid ( at least predominantly) and  the phenotype of European turks are a result of turkic invasions and conquests.
Janissary
Janissary

Quote AydoluAtsiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2005 at 21:01

thank you your_overlord.

im not confused. but hak-khan calling my thoughts, thoughts of ignorace and then also proving my point, i just dont get you. are a turk from turkey? well then take alook at kazaks, do they look like you? are they turks? i guess you didnt read or atleast didnt understand what i said. please re-read the post.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 18>