Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

who are Turks? The current people in Anatolia?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161718
Author
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: who are Turks? The current people in Anatolia?
    Posted: 13-Jun-2013 at 02:31
Originally posted by SuryaVajra

Semitic people mixed with Indo Aryans 

Really? I think this is what you see, not reality.

The argument of "Indo Aryan mixed with Semitic people", is more close to reality.  

SuryaVajra View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote SuryaVajra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2013 at 03:08
Originally posted by Ollios

Really? I think this is what you see, not reality.

The argument of "Indo Aryan mixed with Semitic people", is more close to reality.  

Are you implying that the Indo Europeans were in Anatolia before Semitic tribes ? You should know that the Hurrian is as close as any ancient language there got towards IE.

And its not IE . It was of an agglitinative syntax . So was Elamite and Dravidian.

Most possibly the Indo Aryan influence came later and was overwhelmed by 1500 BCE. They were not there first.

Edited by SuryaVajra - 13-Jun-2013 at 03:22
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2013 at 06:12

Are you implying that the Indo Europeans were in Anatolia before Semitic tribes ?

I didn't mean that, but are you implying that human imgrations are not important? In some case yes(Turkic migration to Anatolia), but not at all(New World)

You should know that the Hurrian is as close as any ancient language there got towards IE. 
And its not IE . It was of an agglitinative syntax . So was Elamite and Dravidian. 

I knew that these languages are agglutinative languages also Turkish, Japanese and Finnish too. But Hurrian(later Mitannis) just had quarter of Anatolia also are they Semitic? If we look at their syntax, they are not Indro-European or Semitic. Agglitinative syntax is not further of Semitic languages. Some scientists put Hurrians language into North Caucaus group or define it as an isolated language.

However Assyrians are more suitable for your thesis. They are Semitic. They colonised Anatolia; nearly same quarter and Anatolia were met with writing by Assyrians. On the other hand there is one reality which is that Anatolia faced many migration wave.

Most possibly the Indo Aryan influence came later and was overwhelmed by 1500 BCE. They were not there first. 

I can agree but Luwians?, are they semitic? 

Also this doesn't mean that current people in Anatolia is semitic. Do you have any prooves about relationship current Anatolians and Semitics? please share with us Big smile

Who is Semitics for you? Haplogroup J?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161718