Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

who are Turks? The current people in Anatolia?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 18>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: who are Turks? The current people in Anatolia?
    Posted: 25-Dec-2004 at 14:11

I think the reason for Turks not looking central asian is because they were a mixed nation of caucases and asian nations from the begining. The huns were also a union of asian nations and they were the ancestors of Turks. But I know that today the people of Turkic republics look like each other and their are similar. But the eastern Turks are more central asian than others. The Azerbaijanis and Turkmens look very similar to Turkey Turks. The more eastern republics ( Uzbekistan, Kyrgizistan) are totally central asian.

Turk View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Dec-2004 at 08:55
Originally posted by maximilian

I think the reason for Turks not looking central asian is because they were a mixed nation of caucases and asian nations from the begining. The huns were also a union of asian nations and they were the ancestors of Turks. But I know that today the people of Turkic republics look like each other and their are similar. But the eastern Turks are more central asian than others. The Azerbaijanis and Turkmens look very similar to Turkey Turks. The more eastern republics ( Uzbekistan, Kyrgizistan) are totally central asian.

You're right about Turks being mixed, however I have my doubts about Azeris even being part of the Turkic nation.

perdon View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote perdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Dec-2004 at 04:36

God ! I don't know if you people know about central asia ,I am wondering if you people have ever been there before ,but I know you all are bull sh*ting ( sorry to be rude ) ,when are you people going to tell  the difference between different turks and turkish?

Simply ,central asian don't look like each other ! the conculution above is wrong ! however ,kazak and Kyrgiz are very similiar ,not only the physical features but also language and culture ,they look very like mongolian ,and the pic of kazak in china is the evidence (but some  kazzak in kazakistan look a little different from them ,I guess some of them mixed with russian ,in kazakstan  russian consists of 40 percent of the population ),they keep the most original features of turks,that means turks from the begining shoud be very like mongolian ,but it is very strange that ,from the book Osprey's Attila and the Nomad Hordes ,there is a pic of uyhgur ,they look more like caucasian to me

and this summer I visited the Xinkiang uyghur region of china ,I took a picture of an morden uyghur girl ,

she never looks like mongolian ,i don't know why.

well,uyhgur looks different from place to place though ,they mixed with Tochorian (indo eauropean) largely ,and their ancestor is oghus ,which is also the ancestor of nowdays turkish .well ,so much about the most eastern turks,well some people say turks in china look very like mongolian ,I think they are refering to Kazak and Kyrgiz in china (in china there are 1 million kazaks in Xikiang ),although there are also uyghur looking like mongolian ,but as a whole ,it is safe to say they look more like caucasian !

uzbek ,my nation is from golden horde ,but largely mixed with persian and look more like persian ,about 30 % of  our language is introduced from persian(maybe more ,i heard that 50% ,i AM NOT SURE ,) their archtecture is very usualy ,

well ,for the peoplePresident

and intresetingly ,look at the pics of uyghur dancer in China

they look like each other ,languange is almost the same ,it is very funny !

for tajik

www.cac-biodiversity.org/images/tjk/tjk_2004_5.jpg, visit this website!

maybe thesepics ,may help !

one more thing ,it is nothing wrong being look like mongolian!

mongke View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote mongke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Dec-2004 at 09:06
For all you turks think of it like this.  If the babe is hot she's turk if not she is ehhh... ugh...chinese
Turk View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Dec-2004 at 17:05

Originally posted by perdon

President

Islam Karimov? Looks Russian to me.......

Edited by Turk
perdon View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote perdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Dec-2004 at 22:07

Originally posted by mongke

For all you turks think of it like this.  If the babe is hot she's turk if not she is ehhh... ugh...chinese

well,no turk think that way ! In every nation there are pretty people and ugly people ! what we are talking about is that turk looks like mongolian or caucasion !

for i was born this central asia,I have to say     no one real looks like mongolian but Kyrkiz and Kazak tend to be mongolian  ,but Tajik and Uzbek and Uyghur and tatar tend to be caucation ,I got a pic from friend in eastern Turkistan ,it is a uyhgur girl pic! 

another pic of uyghurs

What I am trying to say ,even most eastern turk don't look like chinese or mongolian ,let alone the Uzbek and Tajik and Turkmen!!!!!!!

One more thing ,TURK GIRLS indeed are HOT !!!!!!!!!!!!  

LOOOOOOOOOL! Chinese and MOngolian and other asian ,I almost get sick when I look at their eyes!they have the most ugly eyes ,but ther are also hot eastern asian though!!!

Mustafa View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Mustafa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2004 at 02:31

LOOOOOOOOOL! Chinese and MOngolian and other asian ,I almost get sick when I look at their eyes!they have the most ugly eyes

How come there are so many damn racists here? When will people start opening up their minds just a little bit?

You are a disgrace to your people perdon! Shame on you! I hope not everyone in Uzbekistan is like that.  

Edited by Mustafa
Chono View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Chono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2004 at 06:05
Yack, obscenity. For your information tuvinians, sakha, altai oirots, hakas don't look any different from mongolians. Original siberian uzbeks didn't look any different from mongolians. You make me sick. I'm never gonna go to Uzbekistan.
Mustafa View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Mustafa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2004 at 06:36

Don't worry about this guy, Chono.  This is what happens when people forget or deny where their roots are and where they came from. This guy is more proud about the fact that there is persian mixed in him than about his east asian genes. Very typical attitude of a lot of Turkic people nowadays it seems. Very sad trend....and ignorant too!

Not just the turkic tribes you mentioned look like mongolians, but there is ample historical, genetic and logical evidence that *all* the original Turks looked like Mongolians (or do the Mongolians just look like the original Turks?  .

Funny, how the mongols and turks (especially under Jengiz Khan) are referred to as Turko-Mongols recognizing that they are more or less the same people.  That does not seem to have gotten into some people's heads.

I really hope that the majority of Uzbeks don't think this way....This kind of racist thought is truly DISGUSTING!

Take care,

Mustafa

mongke View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote mongke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2004 at 07:03
Remarkable considering how different uighurs  look from one region than on another and still consider themselves the same uighurs. As to racist some countries take pride in being homogenous that might be interpreted as being racist.
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2004 at 07:07
Guys, one persons statement does NOT represent the feelings of any general populace.

Perdon, though the last statement of your last post is your opinion, i advise you to read the Code of Conduct,
specifically 5&6 of Inappropriate posting.

CoC
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2004 at 08:47

nice pictures

i knew it  they dont look like east asians

and i think all nations has their special beautiness

but as far as i know the turk in china doesnt look like chinese

Turk View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2004 at 11:58
Originally posted by Mustafa

Don't worry about this guy, Chono.  This is what happens when people forget or deny where their roots are and where they came from. This guy is more proud about the fact that there is persian mixed in him than about his east asian genes. Very typical attitude of a lot of Turkic people nowadays it seems. Very sad trend....and ignorant too!

Not just the turkic tribes you mentioned look like mongolians, but there is ample historical, genetic and logical evidence that *all* the original Turks looked like Mongolians (or do the Mongolians just look like the original Turks?  .

Funny, how the mongols and turks (especially under Jengiz Khan) are referred to as Turko-Mongols recognizing that they are more or less the same people.  That does not seem to have gotten into some people's heads.

I really hope that the majority of Uzbeks don't think this way....This kind of racist thought is truly DISGUSTING!

Take care,

Mustafa

Some would think it extremely ignorant to believe Turks and Mongols are the same people. The occupation force in Iraq is many times referred to as "Anglo-American" but that's to describe a political entity, not a culture or race. In fact the Huns were more commonly referred to as such by means of political identification, not race, because Indian and European records depicted them as Caucasian, although they came from the East.  

As for the repulsive comments by perdon...  An East Asian company probably made the computer you used to type those comments.

Edited by Turk
Mustafa View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Mustafa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2004 at 17:06

Turk,

Again, you have not understood at all what I said. This whole time I have been talking about the "original turks", so why would I refer all of a sudden to modern turkic people now?  Although some turkic people are still steppe people and some mongols are steppe people, Turks are now mostly sedentary and racially highly mixed and mogols are becoming more and more sedentary also. 

When I say "Turko-Mongols" I am refering to turks and mongols of old times when they used to live in the same place and had the same culture. Get it?

As to your "huns were caucasians" theory...it's nonsense. Forget about it. If you have not noticed yet, steppe people were recruiting heavily from the populations of people they defeated, so it's not surprising that conquered people report seeing non-asian looking people. You really should go and read up on steppe people a little bit to get a an idea about what I am saying. The original people who recruited from the defeated people were asian through and through.

Read the following article before it disappears from the internet. It shows how the the original huns and avars that arrived in Europe were fully asian genetically as proven by examinations of hun and avar graves in Europe. Later on, as they conquered other people and recruited from them AND mixed with them, you start seeing genetically mixed huns and avars.

http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:88z3wEgPGEoJ:www.fikas. no/~sprocket/snpa/chapter-VII2.htm+huns+buryat+skulls&hl =en

So stop that nonsense about "huns were caucasian" (which would lead to "turks have always been caucasian since they come from the huns" nonsense type of circular reasoning based on a false premise).

It did not need an article like this to figure this out, since pure logic  and historical research could have shown you this, but for people like you that just don't want to give up their nonsense "turks were always caucasian" theory, one needs to go further and explain some more and hope that they finally get it in the end.

I sincerely hope that you really will understand better in the end. It's frustrating to try to explain the ovious so many times.

Mustafa

Edited by Mustafa
TheOrcRemix View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote TheOrcRemix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2004 at 19:05
 all Turks in Turkey are mixed
True peace is not the absence of tension, but the presence of justice.
Sir Francis Drake is the REAL Pirate of the Caribbean
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2004 at 21:02

Kyrgyz couple on their wedding day

Kyrgyz artists

--------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------

Kazakh artists

Edited by Elteber
perdon View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote perdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Dec-2004 at 00:53

LOOOOOOOOOL! Chinese and MOngolian and other asian ,I almost get sick when I look at their eyes!they have the most ugly eyes

How come there are so many damn racists here? When will people start opening up their minds just a little bit?

You are disgrace for your people perdon! Shame on you! I hope not everyone in Uzbekistan is like that.  

perdon View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote perdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Dec-2004 at 01:42

CooL!!!!! It seems racist are not welcome here !

I am so sorry about what i said ! if it hurts someone who is chinese or some other estern asian ,I Apologize for that ,guys!

Uzbek is not racist at all! However ,Mustafa .I don't know if you are american ,but mustafa is an Arbic name ,right ,if you are ,I am sorry to remind you of two things ,one is Martin Luther king (he is famous for what)!the other is that how amrican troops treat irag captureed soldiors!

For the chinese ,I have to say ,you people treat Turks in China too bad ,you are not quolified to say the other nation is racist!

I never denied turks are from mongolia ,I think you people didn't read my post closly !

but I cannot stand you mr_known -nothings  damn talking about central asia people physical features !that is enough!

as to TURKs in TURkey  ,yes they are mixed ,but they are eauropean looking not central asian ,and I love turkish girls!

another thing ,there is a word to discribe eastern asian ,that is ,hetailar ,every turk in central asia understand it ! that express the feeling of turks towards eastern asian !

warning !!!!!!!!!!!!,this page should be talked about if turkish look like central asian not about central asians physical look!

sorry again ,as to Chono ,no one welcomes you to Uzbekistan !

Turk View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Dec-2004 at 03:30

As to your "huns were caucasians" theory...it's nonsense. Forget about it. If you have not noticed yet, steppe people were recruiting heavily from the populations of people they defeated, so it's not surprising that conquered people report seeing non-asian looking people. You really should go and read up on steppe people a little bit to get a an idea about what I am saying. The original people who recruited from the defeated people were asian through and through.

I never said Huns were Caucasian. Stop twisting my posts.

You seem to be hooked on the idea that I advocate the image of the "Caucasian Turk", that maybe some of the elite in Turkey once envisioned during the early days of the Republic.

I said ancient sources depicted Huns as Caucasian, although they came from the East (which made them of course Asian). And I even went further to explain that the term Hun became a political entity, because like you said, they recruited conquered peoples. I didn't refute anything you just mentioned here.

You really need to stop arguing for no reason and provide a clear thesis before doing so..

Turk View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Dec-2004 at 03:38

Perdon

Social darwinism is evil. Some Turks look like Central Asians, some don't. Just because some girl is bonde or blue eyed doesn't make her any less a Turk than the one who has black hair and almond eyes.

Your physical features have no impact on the culture you adopt, period. I was talking with some friends the other day, one of which was a Korean Christian, the other of which was an Anglo-American Buddhist. See what I mean.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 18>