Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do Uygur Turks have martial arts styles?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Timbol View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Timbol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do Uygur Turks have martial arts styles?
    Posted: 07-Aug-2007 at 00:24
well we all believe different things. I dont think any single martial art is effective on its own, but I like the idea of openess and fluidity involved in systema. Also are you saying Aikido is also BS?
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Aug-2007 at 00:43
I respect aikido much more than Systema. Aikido has a tradition and a recorded history.

It depends on the purpose. Aikido is a perfect way to improve your phisical shape, flexibility etc. It's a good way of physical training.

However, I think it's not practical for the real fight. Again, you will never see an Aikido practioner in MMA competitions. My opinion is that some Aikodo techinques could be a good addition for a solid background in a more practical MA. However Aikido is ineffective as a basic technique for a real fight.
Σαυρομάτης
Timbol View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Timbol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Aug-2007 at 00:47
I disagree. Aikido is useful in the kind of fight it was designed for. You're an armoured samurai warrior fighting on foot and you sword breaks, then your short sword breaks, and you lose or break your dagger. An enemy comes charging at you and you side step grasp part of his armour and launch him away from you. Its a defensive against armed opponents. Also in  this kind of discussion you want to focus on the use of the time.
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Aug-2007 at 00:58
Dont forget that Aikido was created in the 20th century when the fighting between 2 armoured samurais became obsolete.

Aikido represents a development of only one part of jiu-jitsu which included many more practical techniques.

But samurais in the middle ages didn't use Aikido in its modern form. It simply didn't exist then.

Jiu-jitsu BTW is also the base for judo and thus for Russian sambo and Brazilian jiu-jitsu.

By practicability I mean real fight smth. like street fight etc.
Σαυρομάτης
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Aug-2007 at 00:21
I completely agree with you for once :)

Originally posted by Sarmat12

Everybody had its own martial styles.

Nevertheless, MMA competitions showed uselessness of "Traditional Oriental Martial Arts". Classical boxing and wrestling are much more deadly.

Different wrestling styles which existed among Turkic nomades IMO were far more effective than so called "Chinese Martial Arts."

BTW, Turkic wrestling styles, for example Kazakh and  Uzbek "kuresh" was used for the creation of the arguably best MA in the world "Russian sambo"

The basic technic of the best MMA fighter in the world Fedor Emelianenko is "Sambo", not fancy kung-fu or taekwondo which are totally useless in a real fight.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2007 at 14:45
they are great boxers

Ahmed Cumadi View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Ahmed Cumadi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2009 at 10:04
Serial the Sword TV and the Holy Scripture, that is telling a story about the alliance between the party of the red flower and the champion- the Muslim champion to overthrow the dynasty manchu, then the champion- the Muslim champion so Badur/the Champion from the Thifan country.
Thifan personally located on the north- west the People's Republic China, or now entered the regional territory of Xinjiang autonomy and now more often was mentioned with Turfan.
Turfan personally in the past was one of the cities that was passed the silk route, until being the area of the point of contact between the east and west culture.
Thifan/turfan consisted of the Muslim majority of the ethnic group wigu/uighur/, tartar, moghul, kittan, fattan, tayli but also the ethnic group hui.
Islam entered from the age to 2 hijriah, or the age 9 masehi, together with the arrival of the Arabian traders and persia as well as increasingly the strength of the Kekhalifahan influence abbasiyah in Baghdad.
The Zhodam
book
The Thifan Pokhan story was written in the Zhodam book (Struggle Blood) that was written by Badur/the Champion Ahmad Syiharani.
The contents of the book took the form of the story, or the hereditary story that was told from the mouth to the mouth until could not be made a history reference according to modern knowledge, but keakuratan him was higher than the legend or the fairy tale.
This book was written in the language urwun, and was translated in the Malay language old by Hang Nandra Abu Bakar, a Acehinese royal district chief.
As for this book contained about the Shurul Khan development (Thifan Pokhan and syufu Taesyu Khan) and about the story Badur/the Champion, Shuku/the Teacher, and Ahund/Ustad Shurul Khan
Badur/the Namsuit
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Ahmed Cumadi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2009 at 10:07
Badur/the Namsuit
Champion
He was a person of Mongol, his father was killed in the battlefield when he still in the content, then his mother married a nation man tayli and entered Islam.
Since childhood he had been put to lanah/the islamic school/the place of education to study the Islam religion and self-defence knowledge.
He studied and developed the blow Step and Turkish's kick/Uighur, afterwards arranged the method of Turkish's resistance, tayli, kitan mongol and kai so as to be created the Wigu Po'er Step/the fist and the kick wigu.
He also created several steps, that is:
- Fuke Koyli Ey Pend: your Pa craved anggur
- Tsude Ne Fit: ungkitan pelana
- Firgi Kho Me Ni: Simpuhan the child angin
- Noug Ogul Babay: the noble expelled perintang
- Tedsyu Ey: pried into the stone karang
- Tse Ul Ni Kay: the child's Attack kelana
- Kayla uzi Cak: pushed the carriage emas
- Korey Ni Fuen: the eagle wings kembar
- Teutgul Te Kay: the Emas
Elbow
Also he created several steps was based on the movement of the animal that is:
- Baber Te'er: the Step harimau
- Pila Te er: the Bangau
Step - Thos Te er: the Merak
Step
Also he created the step rahapan/cakaran/Cengkraman
- Nesti Peyne: the Head of the rooster merahap
- Fuku Ne'i: Rahapan the monkey when in panah
- Fuku Ne'i Ey Zinc: Rahapan the monkey extinguished lampu
- Gio Gul Ne'i Kutsin: the Flower was blown angin
- Neyt Tetsy: Rahapan bidadari
- Tudsy Kai Tsen: rahapan kelelawar

And he created the Ling Zwe Kawt Te Kum step/the Dragon pounded the Mountain was based on his dream saw two dragons was fighting.
The step- this step above was researched and arranged afterwards in tried in the fight and turgul/competed tanding, also in the test with various weapon sorts.
He was friends with Badur Je'nan and together arranged and researched Shaolin kung fu and berdua created Shurul Khan fight knowledge"/King's Strategy."
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Ahmed Cumadi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2009 at 10:11
The Thifan Po khan martial art location in Bandung city, INDONESIA. and style other of it is Thifan Tsufuk.
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Ahmed Cumadi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2009 at 10:21

lambang.jpg

Thifan Po Khan

Janissary
Janissary

Quote Ahmed Cumadi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2009 at 10:25
foto4

foto5
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Ahmed Cumadi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2009 at 10:27

Turgul-Tingkat-1-dan-2-b

Turgul di bagian Tingkat 1 dan 2

ujian-tingkat-3-4

Ujian Hafalan di bagian Tingkat 3 dan 4

Turgul-Tingkat-2-dan-3-a

Turgul di bagian Tingkat 3 dan 4

Turgul-Tingkat-2-dan-3-b

Turgul di bagian Tingkat 3 dan 4

lho-kok-malah-berpelukan-sih

Lho, koq malah berpelukan sih?

nih-terima-badan-gue-ga-mempan

Nih terima badan gue… kagak mempan!

malah-pada-smak-down

Malah pada smackdown!

Tamid-Anak-anak-tempat-buat-nonton

Tamid anak-anak cari tempat buat nonton

Mas-Fajar-ngalamun-yah

Mas Fajar lagi ngalamun ya? :D

Janissary
Janissary

Quote Ahmed Cumadi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2009 at 10:29
http://silatindonesia.com/archives/mod/publisher/media/151.jpg
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Ahmed Cumadi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2009 at 10:33
Smile i'm sorry, i don't edit of pictures and texts yet.

Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2009 at 11:59
Thanks, its the first I've heard of this, very interesting read.
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Janissary
Janissary

Quote Ahmed Cumadi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2009 at 13:45
Yes, but they did in the lost history!
in Turfan (Xinjiang, autonomous of China now) In the east Turkestan there is a martial art called Taesyu khan or Shurul  khan  or Thifan po khan, but the it names  seems to disappear from the tongue of the Turks. Even may be  martial art itself is extinct, but with the power of God, it martial art had spread to distant countries with Muslim such as Indonesia. It martial art is taken by the Tatar people.
I also read on the site SAYOKAN, martial art of Turkey, it martial art was established by Nihat Yigit in 1999, inspired from the history of Turk civilization.
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Ahmed Cumadi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2009 at 09:12
You can open a video of Thifan po khan tsufuk on youtube.com   Smile
Thifan Po khan Cairo 01 on youtube.com
Thifan Po khan Cairo 02 youtube.com
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2009 at 14:06
Originally posted by Sarmat

Systema is nothing more than BS. For some reasons these liars got ground in Canada. I would stay away from these self appointed "Russian samurais."

A low level boxer will surely beat all the crap out of any Systema sensei.

This is a little harsh, Sure the systema teachers have exagerrated the "ancient" origins of the system as a marketing technique.  That exaggeration, however, does not make systema "BS".

A martial arts system does not need to be ancient to be legitimate. Talented athletes can and have invented new systems in recent years. Judo, for example does not have ancient origins at all.  Krav Magna was invented by Israelis in the last 60 years. The Israelis just don't market it as "ancient" (at least not usually Wink).

Originally posted by Sarmat

. A low level boxer will surely beat all the crap out of any Systema sensei.
I doubt it. Many of the original systema instructors were former Soviet special forces soldiers. They probably trained in boxing since their Young Pioneer Days (Soviets emphasized boxing) and then boxed periodically in the Soviet military. Like all special Forces soldiers, they are good athelets and are probably good boxers in particular.

Edited by Cryptic - 11-Jun-2009 at 14:24
cccTuRkMaNWoLfccc View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote cccTuRkMaNWoLfccc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2009 at 01:46
YES ANCIENT TURKS DID HAVE THEIR OWN MARTIAL ARTS STYLE NOT ALOT OF PEOPLE KNOW IT BUT ITS CALLED A.M.A.R.O.K. MEANING       ATA-MENGU-AZ-RAK-OGUZ-KORESI .....IVE SEEN A VIDEO ON YOUTUBE OF SOME GUY SHOWING SOME MOVES AND HE SAYS IT RESEMBLES THE WAY A WOLF WOULD FIGHT....THEREES ALOT OF HOLDING YOUR OPPONENT ...CATCHING YOUR OPPONENTS BACK AND WHILE YOUR CHOKING HIM ROLLING ON THE FLOOR DURING THIS WHOLE PROCESS A VERY AGGRESSIVE STYLE OF WRESTLING LIKE OR THINK ABOUT IT LIKE THE UFC CAGE FIGHTING ACCEPT NOT A WHOLE LOT PUNCHING AND KICKING ......THERE IS ALSO NEWER FOR OF TURKISH MARTIAL ARTS CALLED SAYOKAN AND YOU CAN FIND VIDEOS OF THIS ON YOU TUBE AS WELL.....
cccTuRkMaNWoLfccc View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote cccTuRkMaNWoLfccc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Nov-2009 at 01:53
SAYOKAN IS NOT SELJUK MY FRIEND ITS A VERY RECEN FORM OF MARTIAL ARTS INFACT ITS FINDRS ARE STILL LIVING I BELIEVE....THE MOST ANCIENT FORM OF TURKIC MARTIAL ARTS IS   ATA-MENGU-AZ-RAK-OGUZ-KORESI......NOW ATA MEANS ANCESTOR I BELIEVE I M NOT SURE WHAT AZ RAK MENGU MEANS BUT OGUZ COMES FROM THE OGUZ TURKS AND KORES MEANS WRESTLING .....THERE SHOULD BE SOME VIDEOS OF IT ON VIDEO GOOGLE OR YOUTUBE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>