Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What do you like to write?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Slickmeister View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Slickmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What do you like to write?
    Posted: 18-Dec-2004 at 12:02

I would like to start a topic to see where writers like novelists, poets, you make the call, stand. 

I am a writer myself and I write all kinds of stuff, but mostly, I am working on my 3rd novel and it may be of my best work. I would like to see what my fellow forumers write. 

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2004 at 14:40
I write short horror styles that are very Gothic inspired, I cant write anything longer than a few pages though, then it gets old.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Vamun Tianshu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Vamun Tianshu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Dec-2004 at 21:11
I like to write war stories.Not guns and tanks,but swords,the ancient way of war.Not only with battles,but I like to write some romance plot in it and some backdrop.Not only that,but I love to write my own historical stories,based on what I create.I already wrote a couple of chapters,and drew the map on paint.

In Honor
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Dec-2004 at 23:50

When you're done could we hope for a copy or a preview?

Baron
Baron

Quote Vamun Tianshu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2004 at 16:17
Who,me or Slickmeister?

In Honor
J.M.Finegold View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote J.M.Finegold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Dec-2004 at 00:20
I like to write analizations of battles and wars.
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Slickmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2004 at 10:49

Originally posted by Vamun Tianshu

Who,me or Slickmeister?

Suggestingly, I'd say both because we write the same kind of stuff

Baron
Baron

Quote Vamun Tianshu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2004 at 21:48
Oh..then I guess the answer is yes

In Honor
Christscrusader View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Christscrusader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2004 at 22:29

My most recent writing was on the movie the Matrix, and I wrote why the red pill leads to happiness over the blue pill. Its quite an interesting question, makes you think.

Heaven helps those, who help themselves.
-Jc
Baron
Baron

Quote Vamun Tianshu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Dec-2004 at 02:10

The story I have written,is not actually a story,it is more of a chronicle of events circled around a world I created.It is more of a historical chronilization than a full novel.This is the world they live in;

I know that by showing this map in public,there can be many who can try to copy it,but since it is the condensed version,and the names are very hard to see,it'll be hard to be precise.Not that I'm saying anyone will.That is the world they live in,it is called Yamakria.Although not a world in itself,it is the continent I commonly circle around,for it is home to the main center of the chronicles I created;

This is the center of the chronicle of events.This is where it all happens.This place is called Hiyori.The countries in my story are called provinces by my people,not countries,only in some instances will they use the word,"country".On the map above this one,Hiyori is the one in dark blue,with a USA type shape.The Chronicles of Hiyori houses some many interesting people,more than a thousand important people are named in my chronicles,therfore there is not enough room for character development.However,with the character biographies I'm writing now,it should satisfy any who want to know more about the characters.

My sn is actually a 2nd Century Emperor in Hiyori.Hiyori's Imperial Lifespan covers from 40 A.D when the first uncivilized human beings inhabited the land,till 1173 when the Imperial Empire fell to decline,and a vast northern Empire takes over it.Mind you that I wrote the Chronicles of Hiyori to entertain myself.I personally don't mind anyone being interested in this.This is my current work,as said in my signature.It would be pretty damn near impossible to have the entire bulk of the story to have it be posted here,especially without a copyright mark,in order for it to not be copied by law.

If anyone is further interested,please email me.My Email is Dante6115@peoplepc.com.Please contact me through there if you are interested.I hope to gain some means of support from far away neighbors and friends,to spread the word.I may just finish it,and publish it for many to see.However,it is only dream,and I plan to make it happen.

Edited by Vamun Tianshu

In Honor
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Dec-2004 at 05:23
I don't know. I've writen a small short story about a Ronin in Japan making his way through life but it's not very good not to mension i wrote it 2 years ago. 
Baron
Baron

Quote Vamun Tianshu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2005 at 20:38

Sypnosis
In a land similiar to our own,rebellion broke out amongst the people,and soon they earned independence,only with the blood they shed and the lives lost.With very little resources,and a small military,they managed to form an empire,and strike fear into the many neighboring states.However,with power comes responsibility,and soon the empire was crushed by its own glory,and barbarianism.However,the new rulers that crushed the former government still called their land Hiyori,and therefore its history continued.In less than 50 years,their ruling ended with the coming of Nomadic Warriors called the ShuHai to the south.Their leader was a vagacious,and brave man,who sought to rule a vast empire.Conquering his neighboring states,he managed to forge a large dynasty that would last for more than 200 years,and laid the foundation for conquerors to come.Soon,Hiyori was divided for many years,and unified,only to be divided again countlessly for centuries,until a man stood up to defy the empire,and ultimately,with an army,established his own ruling.The end of his ruling marked the end...of Hiyori in 1173,just 1133 years after its beginning.

Thats basically the Description of my story,which is basically a chronicle of events I created.Those who are further interested,please visit the forum in my signature,its my forum,and needs some members.

In Honor
Baron
Baron

Quote Vamun Tianshu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2005 at 22:24

This is a violent excerpt of one of the many battles in my story.

Battle at the fords of Minia

Allied forces of Richard Uvachia,12000 and Peasants,2000 VS Imperial Officer Blanc Mophesto,15000

The Battle at the fords of Minia was Richard Uvachia's second famous battle against the Imperial Empire of Hiyori,but it wasn't his second battle overall.The Battle turned into a bloody skirmish,then a rout.The fords were extremely filled with water basins and swamps,and was a hard battleground.Richard incited the peasants of the City of Minia to attack the Empire from within the fords.Imperial Officer Blanc Mophesto led an infantry of 13000,and a calvary of 2000 to meet the threat of Richard Uvachia's forces.Richard commanded the peasants to meet Blanc's forces first.The peasants did what they were asked.

The skirmish of peasants was amazing.Blanc's calvary met the peasants first in the river basin.The calvary men were hindered by the rushing water,and many badly trained horses were swept away by the river's currents.Their riders went with them.The peasants then rushed in amongst the dissarray of Blanc's calvary.The peasants jumped on the horses,and many killed the riders and stole the horse and rode out to battle.In a few hours,all the peasants were killed.Only a few hundred of the calvary men survived,and went back to Blanc's camp.This was Richard's calling.Richard told his infantry of 12000 to charge into the retreating Calvary.Richard led the charge.The retreat turned into a rout.All the calvary men were decimated.None of Richard's men were killed.

A few hours later,word got out to Blanc that his calvary was destroyed.Blanc then told his infantry to charge into Richard's ranks.However,both forces would meet in the swamp,in which they did.Richard and Blanc's forces fought to the bloody end.Heads were cut off,and flying everywhere,a soldier recorded,and corpses were piling up in the nasty water.Richard Uvachia came out victorious.Blanc and his remaining hundred troops retreated.Richard's victory became pleasant.

In Honor
Baron
Baron

Quote Vamun Tianshu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2005 at 22:44

Current Condition of the Continent(252 A.D)

In Honor
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2005 at 14:04
I really enjoy writing about the outdoors and being in nature. I have worked as a reporter for a small town in Montana and I also wrote the for the outdoor section for the Walla Walla Valley Times in Walla Walla, Washington (state).
Even though it was not local I wrote one article about the Vikos Aoos National Park in NW Greece. I visited the park in 1998. I generally avoid national parks in the U.S. and I prefer the National Forest, roadless, wilderness area such as the Eagle Cap wilderness in Oregon or the Bob Marshall Wilderness Area in Montana. In the Bob Marshall wilderness you can still see herds of Rocky Mountain elk well over 200 in the herd. I wonder what it was like when the pioneers first arrived.
I had around 50 of these suddenly jump in front of my pickup in the Blue Mountains of SE Washington state.
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2005 at 16:22

The story I have written,is not actually a story,it is more of a chronicle of events circled around a world I created.It is more of a historical chronilization than a full novel.This is the world they live in;

This is my prefered method of writing, I love to come up with alternative histories for the real world and fantastical worlds. I dunno, I think it comes from my love of maps.

However what I really love doing is writing movie scripts, for example (shameless plug):

http://thearchives.4mg.com/anthem.doc

Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2005 at 20:16
Originally posted by JanusRook

This is my prefered method of writing, I love to come up with alternative histories for the real world and fantastical worlds. I dunno, I think it comes from my love of maps.

However what I really love doing is writing movie scripts, for example (shameless plug):

http://thearchives.4mg.com/anthem.doc

Awesome, originally I was gonna mention that I write alot of pretend stuff but I thought people at AE would make fun of me so I didnt....

Im a big fan of alternate hsitory, my last one was written about alternate hisotry US civil war during WWI , right now Im combining my fascinations with boht the Meiji resotrationa dn native Americans to come up with a story of what if the Irioquois league had modernized liek Japan did on contact witht hhe west....

Also like Varmun up there I have my own pretend world (several actually) some ranging from totally made up no basis in the real world to very close paralels on things..I had this old scifi story about massiv space battles and a race of commie cats from space, that was fun, now Im more into my medieval one which is where my name of AE comes from..the steppeish character s name is Tobodai and he makes a massive empire but dies tragically fighting the psychopathic cannibals from underground, dont ask.

-Alexander Hamilton
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2005 at 22:24

Awesome, originally I was gonna mention that I write alot of pretend stuff but I thought people at AE would make fun of me so I didnt....

Perhaps we should post the inner workings of our mind online and link them to each other.

Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2005 at 22:34
a few I could post A FEW, the rest are in comic book form oin my drawing books, YES I do historical comic books, no I dont think its lame
-Alexander Hamilton
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Slickmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2005 at 16:52
As some of you may know, I already wrote two novels. Before I go off to college this coming fall, I'll try publishing them and get some extra cash.
 Post Reply Post Reply