Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The many faces in Turkey

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The many faces in Turkey
    Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 13:10
Originally posted by pinguin

Originally posted by Mortaza

The country is very diverse!!!

It is true, but our people generally dont see that difference.(Like me, I am not aware of hispanic faces.[IMG]height=17 alt=Confused src="http://www.allempires.com/forum/smileys/smiley5.gif" width=17 align=absMiddle>

First. What is a hispanic face? As far as I know, Hispanics are so diverse they can't be put in a box. I can't tell who is Hispanic and who is not in any multi-ethnic city. And I am Hispanic. [IMG]height=17 alt=LOL src="http://www.allempires.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif" width=17 align=absMiddle>

Second, there is an important group of Sephardites living in Turkey, and, of course, many "look Spanish".

Pinguin

I thought that some could easily pass for a Mexican in my area.
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 15:44
Originally posted by think

Because Turkey wants to be in the EU that means your under EU rules which means letting in refugees, do you really think the Turks will treat Africans as fellow Turks, i dont think so.

Why has Europe to "let in" African refugees in the first place?

As far as I know, Europe is making all the efforts possible to keep Africans in Africa. Spain has been forced by the EU to increase its security and now that country is forcing Morocco and other North African countries to stop the influx of Africans. Moreover, Spain is deporting directly to Africa the would be refugees that arrive to the Canarias.

So, I don't understand why Turkey has to "let in" foreigners if it does not want to?

Pinguin

Edited by pinguin - 04-Nov-2006 at 15:46
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 16:01
Originally posted by eaglecap

Which group? Sephardites or Turks in general? Do you have pictures?

Pinguin
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 16:06

Maybe but as I said before, most turks dont see difference between face. For Turks, all of them are turks, and there is not any difference between them.

we dont see people,as mongoloid, latin, or white. So most probably more than 90 of Turkish people are not aware of their mexican look.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 16:10

What about Sephardites? How big is theirs comunity in Turkey? Do they still look Spaniard?

Pinguin
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 16:15

I think they have a small community(Of course excluding asimilated one.), and I dont think anyone can differantiate them from their look. So I dont know If they look spaniard or not.

In turkey you cannot diffentiate, a turk, an armenian, a greek, or a jew from each other.

Edited by Mortaza - 04-Nov-2006 at 16:16
think View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote think Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2006 at 00:35
Originally posted by Mortaza

well acording to our society, the one who say I am turk is generally accepted as Turk. Their race and clour wont be a problem.

Of course generilization always will happen, thanks to American films.

Turks seem very nationalistic, they also have their own "ethnic group" If faced with people who look different that will turn into racism.

You could say yeh us Turks were hella different but your not really. If i met someone who was Turkish yet had Blonde hair & Blue eyes or looked Asian, I dunno i wouldnt really think of them as Turkish. Theres most likely a fringe element in Turkey that dont look typically "turkish" but that doesnt mean Turks cant be racist..

You could also say the many faces of the English. Because some have that Roman look about them, some with a more German look an some Blonde/Brown/Red/Black hair. Blue/Green/Black/Brown eyes..

Does that mean the English cant be racist because they have many features within their ethnicity Confused

Edited by think - 05-Nov-2006 at 01:19
The Hidden Face View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Quote The Hidden Face Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2006 at 01:19
As long as he says "I am a proudly Turk." and speaks Turkish as a native.

Edited by The Hidden Face - 05-Nov-2006 at 01:20
Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Quote The Hidden Face Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2006 at 01:28
Turks cant be racist. Really.
think View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote think Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2006 at 01:30
Originally posted by The Hidden Face

As long as he says "I am a proudly Turk." and speaks Turkish as a native.

Theres nothing special about the Turks, nothing that makes them immune to racism.

think View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote think Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2006 at 01:32

No of course not.
Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Quote The Hidden Face Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2006 at 01:34
Smile
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2006 at 05:23

the ones who are racist are mostly non-Turkic from ethnic or has non-Turkic facial features (blond hair blue-green eyes).
Turk Nomad View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun
suspended

Quote Turk Nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2006 at 05:41

Turkist are mostly pure Turks but Grey wolves have some other races in group.

Turks can't be racist?Well,there is a Turk race in Turkey and most of the population is Turk.Yes they are mixed,this because of there are many races in Anatolia.But they still Turks,can u find me  a non-mixed nation in Europe?I don't think so...They didn't mixed heavily like us but they also mixed...And they can be racist.I am not sayin racism is a good thing =).

Aren't there non-mixed or litle-mixed Turks?Millions of them...

Yoruks in cities mostly are grey wolf or racist.

Edited by Turk Nomad - 05-Nov-2006 at 05:42
Jagatai Khan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Jeune Turc

Quote Jagatai Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2006 at 09:28
Yoruks in cities mostly are grey wolf or racist.

But lmost of them don't know if they mixed or not.They can't know.
think View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote think Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2006 at 10:50
Originally posted by DayI

[QUOTE=The Hidden Face]the ones who are racist are mostly non-Turkic from ethnic or has non-Turkic facial features (blond hair blue-green eyes)

Its almost like your saying people of the more Anglo appearance are racists an the other more Turkish people are humble, nice an made of sugar an spice..

Hidden face said anyone who speaks Turkish an is involved in Turkish culture is Turkish. Yet your pointing out the differences in a bad light between the Turkish population which in todays world constitutes as um racism..

think View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote think Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2006 at 10:52
Turkist are mostly pure Turks but Grey wolves have some other races in group

Explain ?
Afsar Beghi View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Afsar Beghi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2006 at 14:02
Originally posted by DayI

the ones who are racist are mostly non-Turkic from ethnic or has non-Turkic facial features (blond hair blue-green eyes).

ok, you know , so you can tell me the turkic facial-features?

Dadaloğlum bir gun kavga kurulur,
Oter tufek davlumbazlar vurulur,
Nice ko yiğitler yere serilir,
Olen lr kalan sağlar bizimdir!
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2006 at 14:10
You could say yeh us Turks were hella different but your not really. If i met someone who was Turkish yet had Blonde hair & Blue eyes or looked Asian, I dunno i wouldnt really think of them as Turkish. Theres most likely a fringe element in Turkey that dont look typically "turkish" but that doesnt mean Turks cant be racist..

That is your problem,blond or not, they will call themself as turk, and turks will call them as turks.

I am a blond and blue eyed turk, until now, no one saw me as fringe element.Infact I heard such words only from you.(an outsider)

Turks cannot be racist, but nationalist. Not because we are better people than others, but we are to diverse, we cannot divide our people to white, black, brown or whatever.

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2006 at 14:14
ok, you know , so you can tell me the turkic facial-features?
Realy good question.Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>