Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lipstick and women

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lipstick and women
    Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 12:47
You are masochist.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 13:29
Originally posted by Mortaz

by the way, mortaz prefer wall thn gurl lips.. too bad..

want to kill me?LOL

Ooopss! I'll pass.. Morty? Anyone? lol

If women with lipstick.. wht about guy? hair cream?
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2006 at 02:33
Are their lipsticks coffee flavoured? Imagine a lovely kiss before heading to work early morning,and it is coffeeee.
D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2006 at 21:29
Originally posted by ok ge

Are their lipsticks coffee flavoured? Imagine a lovely kiss before heading to work early morning,and it is coffeeee.

Would that be regular or decaf?    No, cok gec, I have not yet seen lipstick in coffee flavor (but it's not a bad idea).   However, lipsticks come in an assortment of fruity flavors, such as strawberry, raspberry, lemon, mint, watermelon, etc.. It sure beats kissing a tasteless WALL!    
"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2006 at 21:43
Joey New York apperantly has a coffe flavoured lipstick
Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2006 at 23:54
It's utility depends on who  can carry it off
PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2006 at 06:27

wall? lol..

plumpy lipstick by maybeline.. makes ur lips look full.. well.. still, some need colagen injection to make it big.. why need lips like u are suffering with some kinda alergy tht make it looks swollen.. funny...
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2006 at 07:08
Lipstick is not at all popular over here. I noticed before that we tend to use very little make-up compared to other countries... Lipstick, especially bright colours, makes you look cheap over here... with the exeption of gloss and some very natural tints.

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
Hellios View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Hellios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2006 at 12:10
Originally posted by cahaya

lipstick.. wear by women all around the world.. its universal cosmetic prod.. I wonder how it can be so popular and so important?

History claims it was started by the egyptians.. "a reddish purple mercuric plant dye called fucus--algin, 0.01% iodine, and some bromine mannite" .. and it was comfirm as poisonous mixture.. Confused

Meanwhile.. in the 1800s, Queen Victoria publicly declared makeup impolite.. coz considered as vulgar 

Lipstick contains waxes, oils, pigments, and emollients...

why women are so concious on physical appearence rather thn men.. is it really for self esteem or because of other reasons...?

The natural look is best.  I don't care much for makeup or long/painted nails.  A toe-ring is a big turn-on though...

Edited by Hellios - 06-Nov-2006 at 12:15
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2006 at 15:47
i found an informative historical article about .. evolution of women and beautification..

The title is "The Dawning of Dress: Adornment and Afterlife"

Edited by cahaya - 06-Nov-2006 at 15:49
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2006 at 16:55
Originally posted by Dawn

Well, I should have known that it would be someone in New York to invent coffee flavored lipstick! I'd be pretty wired every day if I drank coffee and wore it too!
"Morty

morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2006 at 16:56

i found an informative historicalarticle about .. evolution of women and beautification..

The title is "The Dawning of Dress: Adornment and Afterlife"

Great article, Cahaya....thanks for sharing!    
"Morty

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2006 at 09:53
coffee flavour.. shud it be latte.. mocha... cappucino or espresso.. erk!!
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2006 at 14:24
Speaking of lipsticks, do any of you ladies use a lip liner? Here, in the USA, many women use a lip liner first, then apply the lipstick. It is supposed to make the lips look more contoured (like Pamela Anderson), but I think it looks ridiculous when the lipstick color fades out and the dark lip liner stays on. It looks like someone punched her in the mouth and her lips started to swell up.   

Edited by morticia - 07-Nov-2006 at 14:25
"Morty

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2006 at 14:30

lip liner?Confused what is it?

That is another reason for prefering wall. You wont meet nasty suprises with a wall.
Aelfgifu View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Aelfgifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2006 at 15:31
I remember lipliner was hot in the nineties here. Just lipliner and gloss, no lipstick. It was horrible, we used to call it roast beef lips.

Women hold their councils of war in kitchens: the knives are there, and the cups of coffee, and the towels to dry the tears.
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2006 at 21:41
Originally posted by Dawn

Yay! there is coffe flavoured lipsticks. I can't wait till it reaches Saudi Arabia. Maybe they will add a lot of cardmom to it as the coffee in Saudi Arabia tastes like.
D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2006 at 09:35
i dont wear lip liner.. waste of money...
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Nov-2006 at 13:04

i dont wear lip liner.. waste of money...

I agree with you Cahaya. However, for women who have very small or undefined lips, and if done correctly, lip liners can do wonders to plump them up!    After all, some men do prefer lips rather than walls!

Seriously now, I think that clear gloss or a light color on the lips looks very sexy and natural on most women. You can't go wrong with that!    

Edited by morticia - 09-Nov-2006 at 13:07
"Morty

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2006 at 12:18
for those who are having fair skin.. lip gloss or lip balm will do the trick... but women with darker skin.. ehem! like me.. need a little shading if not will look.. so bare... and pale.. or like u just eat something oily...lol..

oh morty.. i think u'll never let go for wht mortaz had said...LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>