Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Iranians root in Central asia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
shinai View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Online Status: Offline
  Quote shinai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Iranians root in Central asia
    Posted: 29-Oct-2006 at 13:53
Dear Iranian members, unfortunately because of western negetive view on Iranians, everybody consider us middle eastern, but we ourselves know how deep is our roots in Central Asia and Afghanistan.
Frasi Dari which we speak is from C.A.Turkic dilects are the second largest family group in Iran.
Scythian and most probably Persians, Turks, and mongols as our fathers were from C.A.
Our Noruz is a C.Asian ceromony.
Our music is more close to C.A. than Arabic music.
we have strong sign of genetic marker from C.A. (R1a1,R1B, N), which other middle eastern including Turks of Turkey and Cacause Turks do not have it.We have more central asian blood and culture than Turks in Turkey.
Please share your ideas, and tell  why west culture classify us as middle eastern.and also why don't we claim our cultural roots in Central Asia?
erkut View Drop Down
General
General
Persona non Grata

Quote erkut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2006 at 16:01
Proof please???
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2006 at 16:23
there is no pure race even turks are not pure.
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2006 at 16:26
this might be true but you couldn't have been more wrong we "Turks" were in east asia untill that time. so untill the 6th cent ad there was only contact between the persians who lived in the east and not in the capital area(persipolis) it would be wrong to think persians are a pure homogenous group. why is it that sogodians and sakas show blond hair and collored hair and modernday iranians don't or few have. there had to be a local population in iran before the iranian arrived(unless they killed or chased them all away) the persians assimilated the local as you call middle eastern people.

More CA than turkey yeah right. Modernday iranian culture is just sub arabian with old persian costumes.

same is for turkey middle eastern

the socalled Ca persians do not exist any more they are assimilated in the Turkic population or mixed with middle easterns.

Iranian culture= middle eastern(arab) culture with old persian customes.

Turkish culture= middle eastern(arab) culture with old Turkic customes and persian& greek or byzantine elements 
erkut View Drop Down
General
General
Persona non Grata

Quote erkut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2006 at 16:46
Originally posted by sirius99

Yes there is no pure race. We all mixed. 
shinai View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote shinai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2006 at 23:04
Hey Kardesler , neden kizdiniz? ben sadce Iranlilarin orta asia koklerinden soz etdim. What I ment was only ask Iranian to think about what they have from C.A.
Yeah our culture is arabized, as Turkic culture did too.But I say Turks are Turks and Persians are persians, The roots of both of us are in C.A.
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2006 at 13:21
Originally posted by sirius99

LOLLOLLOL
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2006 at 13:51
I agree Shinai, both have Central Asia roots, infact from Western China to Turkey the two languges are Turkic and Iranic.
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2006 at 15:02
Originally posted by xi_tujue

the socalled Ca persians do not exist any more they are assimilated in the Turkic population or mixed with middle easterns.

How about the Tajiks and the Pushtons/Pathans?
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2006 at 15:18
Originally posted by OSMANLI

good question

I doubt that they are "pure"
kingofmazanderan View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote kingofmazanderan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2006 at 02:24
Hey everyone i know this is off topic but was Ataturk racially asian or caucasian?  I searched some pictures of him on google and to me he looks completly european not a drop of asian blood in him in my opinion.
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2006 at 13:57

Racially we need to do a DNA test.

Ethnically he was a Turk, a member of a Turkic tribe, being a Turk isn't about race.

Do Persians today feel that they have a Central Asian identity?

Edited by Bulldog - 31-Oct-2006 at 13:58
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

shinai View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote shinai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2006 at 18:22
Dear Bulldog;
As an Iranian I feel myself central asian, an Afghani or a Turkmen or a Tajik is much closer to me than an Iraqi, or Syrian.
Even If look like  middle eastern in my face( which I donot) still I think I am C.Asian.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2006 at 18:50
I feel like a person; a person who impatiently needs to get somewhere.
TeldeInduz View Drop Down
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2006 at 00:31
Originally posted by OSMANLI

Tajiks perhaps (linguistically Persian derived). I have no idea how you come to the conclusion of Pushtons being central asian persians though.

I dont see why Iran isnt a part of the Middle East anyway. Middle East isnt just restricted by ethnicity to Arab countries, it's a geographical region that has many ethnic groups.

we have strong sign of genetic marker from C.A. (R1a1,R1B, N), which other middle eastern including Turks of Turkey and Cacause Turks do not have it.We have more central asian blood and culture than Turks in Turkey.

If it's genetic markers you're going by, then Iranians have much more similar genetic markers to some mediterraean groups than some Afghan and non Turk central Asian groups.

Edited by TeldeInduz - 01-Nov-2006 at 00:57
Quoo-ray sha quadou sarre.................
shayan View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote shayan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Nov-2006 at 11:25
@ teldeinduz lol dude the middle east is the arabian plateau which iran isnt part of ;)

Btw people like to think about Iranians as Arab or middle eastern because of the islam
 :) If we are talking about the muslim thing, Indonesians are also muslim, does that make them middle eastern? no. Iranians are Iranic or Turkic (mostly Iranic) like the region from west China up till Turkey. :S duhhh.... didnt need to open a thread for that people its a known fact... :S

@teldeinduz, Iranians arent that much mediteranian,,, just iranic, it's its own ethnic group :) maybe 0.000001% mixed with some greeks but i dont think much more than that...

Edited by shayan - 02-Nov-2006 at 11:28
Iran parast
Xshayathiya View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Xshayathiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2006 at 23:21
Its all about language families. Farsi, Dari, Tajik (which are all pretty much the same language), Kurdish, Baluchi, Luri, Pashtun, etc are part of the Indo-Iranian language family along with Punjabi, Hindi and Urdu among many others. While Azeri, Turkomen, Uzbek, etc are in the Altaic family with Korean, Japanese and Mongolian.

There's been a lot of mixing in areas like Azerbaijan, Tajikstan, Uzbekistan and China so its really hard to distinguish genetically, you have to look at it linguistically.

As for roots, Khwarazm is specifically designated as Airyanam Vaejah (Aryan Homeland) in the Avesta. Dehkhoda called it مهد قوم آریا. I dont think Having said that, most Iranians currently dont think of themselves as Central Asian, but i do know Tajiks consider themselves Persian.

there had to be a local population in iran before the iranian arrived(unless they killed or chased them all away) the persians assimilated the local as you call middle eastern people.

These were the Elamites and they were completely assimilated. Their language was part of the Elamo-Dravidian group and was not related to any semetic language (ie sumerian, akkadian).

Edited by Xshayathiya - 03-Nov-2006 at 23:32
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 00:18
Originally posted by shinai

...because of western negetive view on Iranians, everybody consider us middle eastern...

TeldeInduz View Drop Down
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2006 at 01:56
Originally posted by shayan

@ teldeinduz lol dude the middle east is the arabian plateau which iran isnt part of ;)

Btw people like to think about Iranians as Arab or middle eastern because of the islam
 :) If we are talking about the muslim thing, Indonesians are also muslim, does that make them middle eastern? no. Iranians are Iranic or Turkic (mostly Iranic) like the region from west China up till Turkey. :S duhhh.... didnt need to open a thread for that people its a known fact...

You might be right, and Iran isnt a part of the Middle East. G8 might be wrong I suppose. I can most certainly accept that the Middle East is not of fixed definition. But noone actually bases the definition of the Middle East on Islam, it's simply a location. Indonesians are part of the Far East, that much has always been accepted.

Iranic is just a linguistical definition, so there's no global placement within the Eurasian continent eg. West->Near East->Middle East->Far East. In other words, you cannot claim that there is a Middle East by using the Arabian Peninsula or Iranian plateau as geographical boundaries also. Either of these has to fall within the standard definition of regions above. Really to place Iran into the Near East would make India the Middle East, and somehow I just dont accept this. I'm not sure how you disagree with the map of the G8..the reasons that you do. How would you divide up the following map for example?

Edited by TeldeInduz - 05-Nov-2006 at 02:19
Quoo-ray sha quadou sarre.................
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2006 at 07:35
Originally posted by Feanor

Originally posted by shinai

...because of western negetive view on Iranians, everybody consider us middle eastern...

Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>