Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bulgarian participation in WW 1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
Liudovik_Nemski View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Liudovik_Nemski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bulgarian participation in WW 1
    Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 13:14
Originally posted by Spartakus

The rest do not matter ,when you do not examine them.
Here we do not examine the rest.Here we do not examine the military operations of the Balkan Wars ,WWI and WWII.Here we have Bulgarian members who say:"We were defeated only in the second war(like it matters,everybody won in the first war),we were better,we kicked everybody's asses in the Balkan peninsula ,we were the victims of Serbian-Greek barbarity,we hurt nobody,we were member of the Axis forces,but we were not defeated in WWII."LOL 

Also we had the greeks(Nikodemos) in the thread "Second arab siege of Constantinople" saying "Byzantia could have taken care of everything by itself those 50 000 bulgarians who came to help didn't matter.So don't talk about egoismLOL
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 13:19

Is Nikodemos here?Nope,so your argument is totally out of place and time.If you do not remember ,you talk with Spartakus ,not with Nikodemos.

On the other hand,i talk with 3 bulgarian members,one of whom talked about "the Bulgarian terror of the Byzantines",like the Byzantines did not know terror until Bulgarians.No,no ,no my friend ,they did not know the Arabs,the Persians,the Avars,the Petzenegs,the Turks,the Normads and on and on!LOL
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Krum View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Krum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 13:26
I think the ratio is 4 to 1 and you are the only one who was a little bit rude.

Edited by Krum - 04-Nov-2006 at 13:28
It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.
Plato
akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Quote akritas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 13:50
Originally posted by Krum

About WW2 Bulgaria should be considered a winner.We fought only against axis.Everything else was defence(allies air raids).And we won territories(south Dobrudja)
You fought against ALLIES(Greece,British and Yugoslavs) only.
Below is German map from the USNARA, CODE T311.179), that shows clear where was the Bulgarian forces in the North Greece(East Macedonia and West Thrace) during the occupation at the WWII.

Below is the Hitler Order(18 April 1941, Bundesarchiv,Militarachiv Freiburg,164 Infanterie Division) that allow the entrance of the  Bulgarian Armed forces in North Greece (East Macedonia and West Thrace)

And the last map show clearly where were the Bulgarians Armed forces in ocuupieed Allied lands  at the WWII.

Krum View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Krum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 14:02
We didnt fight with these counties,we only occupied them.
In most of these territories(in serbia) there was not any resistance because there lived mostly bulgarians.I dont accept it as war.
Plato
akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Quote akritas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 14:16
Originally posted by Krum

We didnt fight with these counties,we only occupied them.
In most of these territories(in serbia) there was not any resistance because there lived mostly bulgarians.

I dont accept it as war.

no further comment ......because is uselessThumbs Down

Edited by akritas - 04-Nov-2006 at 14:17
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 14:58
My Greek and Bulgarian friends! Aren't you ashamed of that discussion? How old are you? Confused
Krum View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Krum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 15:01
Old enough to behave like childrens.
Plato
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 17:22

Tell it to your comrads that Anton.

"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Krum View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Krum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 17:36
It seems that this discussion will lead us to nowhere.So lets just stop it.I am off.
Plato
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 19:24
Originally posted by Earl Aster

I don't know much about the Balkan situation in WWI- the Bulgarians were fighting for the Allies or Axis?

There was the Allies and Central Powers then, the term Axis weren't used in WW I...And yeah, they were with Central Powers...Entered the war right after the Turkish victory in Gallipoli made sure that Bulgaria was safe to enter the war without intervention, as Greek king Constantine was pro-German, and Romania's situation was completely neutral at the time.

They saw it was a good opportunity to finish off Serbia and gain control over today's FYROM and Skopje
We gave up your happiness
Your hope would be enough;
we couldn't find neither;
we made up sorrows for ourselves;
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2006 at 19:29
About Bulgarian intervention in WW II, it is true that it was a "light" intervention...Bulgarian troops didn't take part in the attack to Yugoslavia and Greece...There were intentions to join to Axis at first, but Turkey counted Bulgarian war of declaration to Greece as a casus belli to join the war, so they backed down when the Italians attacked...Later, Yugoslavia collapsed in a week and it was after Yugoslavia's collapse that Bulgaria had joined the Axis, and while German Blitzkrieg was running over Greece, it is true that Bulgarians didn't really joined the invasion part, but they joined to the occupations, which was good for Germans for the area to be controlled, and for Bulgarians to get control of the soil they had been claiming.But overall, this doesn't change the fact that Bulgaria was a part of Axis.

And please keep it civil...

Edited by Kapikulu - 04-Nov-2006 at 19:31
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
nikodemos View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote nikodemos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2006 at 09:22
Originally posted by Liudovik_Nemski

Also we had the greeks(Nikodemos) in the thread "Second arab siege of Constantinople" saying "Byzantia could have taken care of everything by itself those 50 000 bulgarians who came to help didn't matter.So don't talk about egoismLOL

When i write on this forum i write on behalf only of myself not of Greeks,ok?
And DONT distort what i write , DONT reproduce my words out of context!!!
And finally you should not speak about me when i am not present in the discussion/thread Angry

Edited by nikodemos - 05-Nov-2006 at 09:24
akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Quote akritas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2006 at 11:27
Originally posted by Kapikulu

About Bulgarian intervention in WW II, it is true that it was a "light" intervention...Bulgarian troops didn't take part in the attack to Yugoslavia and Greece...There were intentions to join to Axis at first, but Turkey counted Bulgarian war of declaration to Greece as a casus belli to join the war, so they backed down when the Italians attacked...Later, Yugoslavia collapsed in a week and it was after Yugoslavia's collapse that Bulgaria had joined the Axis, and while German Blitzkrieg was running over Greece, it is true that Bulgarians didn't really joined the invasion part, but they joined to the occupations, which was good for Germans for the area to be controlled, and for Bulgarians to get control of the soil they had been claiming.But overall, this doesn't change the fact that Bulgaria was a part of Axis.

And please keep it civil...
The Bulgarian intervention as regard the Greek part was not light at all. Was hard and more severe from the German or the Italian. Just for the record.
Isbul View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Isbul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2006 at 11:55
Note that Bulgaria was listed among the the defeated states in WW2.But having in mind that in 1939 Bulgarian teritory did not include soutern Dobrudja and after WW2 Dobrudja was within Bulgaria and Bulgaria didnt have to pay any reparations AFAIK.So after loosing WW2 Bulgaria get South Dobrudja
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2006 at 12:00
Originally posted by akritas

The Bulgarian intervention as regard the Greek part was not light at all. Was hard and more severe from the German or the Italian. Just for the record.

Not really harder and more severe than Italians and Germans during the three-weeks invasion phase of Greece as far as I know, but surely harder and severe during the occupation phase which lasted for around 3 years. 
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2006 at 12:27
"Just for record" -- what Greeks did to civilian Bulgarians and Turks "was not light at all."
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2006 at 12:40
Originally posted by akritas

Did Bulgaria ethnically cleanse, burn villages and destroy churches like Greece had during the Second Balkan War?

The Bulgarian occupation of Macedonia was the restoration of justice to all those refugees that have been forced out from their homeland by the barbaric Greek invasion that preceded it.

Edited by bg_turk - 05-Nov-2006 at 12:41
nikodemos View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote nikodemos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2006 at 12:47
i have a feeling that a flame war is about to start here...

Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2006 at 12:48
They did! All Balkan nations did Ouch
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>