Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ghenghiz Khan vs Alexander the Great. Who

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ghenghiz Khan vs Alexander the Great. Who
    Posted: 20-Oct-2006 at 17:23
Ghenghiz Khan leads his mongol army and Alexander the great his Greek/Macedonian army.

I think Ghenghiz army was much more advanced than Alexander's army. Alexander is perhaps the better military leader. His army stands no chance however. The highly mobile mongol soldiers will surround Alexander's army and the superior bows will crush the Greeks. Alexander's army gets rooted and Alexander will be captured.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2006 at 18:23
wow, this would a great contest to watch lol, there should a movie made on this.
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2006 at 19:39
Depends entirely whether you ask the question on the Steppes forum or the Ancient Mediteranean Forum.
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2006 at 19:43
yeah a great contest, two of histories greatest warriors against each other.
BigL View Drop Down
General
General

Quote BigL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2006 at 19:53
Originally posted by Paul

Depends entirely whether you ask the question on the Steppes forum or the Ancient Mediteranean Forum.

Lol True.
The closest thing is Alexanders invasion of Transoxiania.His phlanx was destroyed by the horse archers or Sythia.
But then Alexander used a bait to catch the horse archers with his heavy cavalry.
But i dont think mongols would fall for that one with good leadership.
Afsar Beghi View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Afsar Beghi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2006 at 20:21
Alexander would be no match for Genghis Khans army
Dadaloğlum bir gun kavga kurulur,
Oter tufek davlumbazlar vurulur,
Nice ko yiğitler yere serilir,
Olen lr kalan sağlar bizimdir!
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2006 at 00:46

You cant compare those 2 types of warfare with eachother.

But one thing is certain the deathtoll would be highj on both sides
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2006 at 01:49
Next you'll be making a thread about Alexander vs Guderian's panzers.
BigL View Drop Down
General
General

Quote BigL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2006 at 03:48
Well its not a huge technological advantage ,swords arrows the same tools for death
galvatron View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote galvatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2006 at 05:05
I  think genghis khan army are good in martial arts too ,they shall elimated alexander army since the jin army in china are more stronger than alexander army too .
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2006 at 17:09
Originally posted by Sparten

Still not as pathetic as Alexander vs. the Clone army
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2006 at 09:57
I think Mongolians would wipe out them easily 
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2006 at 14:41

Just leave Alexander alone,will ya?With all these bs he hears,he will rise from the dead and hunt you down like dogs!LOL

"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Cezar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Cezar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2006 at 15:55
Originally posted by Sparten

It might work on Rommel's when they were out of fuel.

Never mind about this. Did Alex have slingshooters? I think they were somewhere around and the mongol riders would have had a quite nasty  time. 
The rocks would probably not have killed them. But what fun it would be to watch the movie: "I'm throwing my arrows while I'm having a concussion."

*Just my experience: with a classical slingshot you can throw a 200-400 g rock at about 200 m. The vfar you throw it the less acccurate you are.  My personal record was 287m with a rock weighting 240 g. I managed  a 320m launch with a slingshot that was rather clumsy (1 m long lines).
** At less than 100 m the classical slingshot is point blank accurate. You can even throw  stones (~500 g rocks) with it at that range.
Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2006 at 02:14
Originally posted by Tamerlane

Ghenghiz Khan leads his mongol army and Alexander the great his Greek/Macedonian army.

I think Ghenghiz army was much more advanced than Alexander's army. Alexander is perhaps the better military leader. His army stands no chance however. The highly mobile mongol soldiers will surround Alexander's army and the superior bows will crush the Greeks. Alexander's army gets rooted and Alexander will be captured.

Let the mongol army travel back in time by a thousand years to the time of Alexander & see the effect. The Mongols will not be wiped out in the battle. They will be wiped out from the face of the earth.

Or for that matter let the greek army of a thousand years later meet the mongol army of a thousand years later & see the effect, Mongolians will still be wiped out.

PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2006 at 02:23
What one has to remember is that the Greeks were a civilization, while the Mongols hordes were a passing phase in History. Many such people come & go, but civilizations remain.

The phenomenon called Changez Khan was an abnormality for the  Mongols, the Mongols today are still more or less same after Changez Khan as they were before. He did not add any value to anything.

On the contrary the greeks were a people who defined the civilization of their time & place. To compare two armies, they have to be in the same time frame at least.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2006 at 04:56
Originally posted by Vivek Sharma

To compare two armies, they have to be in the same time frame at least.

I agree with this point but do not agree with

Originally posted by Vivek Sharma

the Mongols hordes were a passing phase in History. Many such people come & go,but civilizations remain.

It seems you are not aware of the way Chingis Khan and the Mongols altered the world a few centuries ago and Civilizations too come and go.

Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2006 at 05:10
I know that, but apart from chaniging the poltical equations, what else did they do ? dod they bring any value addition to the cultures or the civilizations. They were not even able to destroy the civilizations as they themselves got absorbed into them.

They just killed a large number of people before becoming a part of the same people themselves.
Emperor Barbarossa View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Emperor Barbarossa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2006 at 08:54
This question is stupid. Why not have a topic with the underlying question "Who would win, Modern day Highland Regiments or the old Anglo-Saxon warriors?" or "Who would win, Stormtroopers or Roman legions?" Alexander would not stand a chance, the armor of his time period could not stand against an arrow being shot by a compound bow of Khan's time. Khan would easily wipe out Alexander, no contest.

tommy View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2007 at 11:08
I think if you ask who would win,Qin or Alexander?
leung
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>