Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTurkey as an EU candidate

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turkey as an EU candidate
    Posted: 24-Jan-2005 at 09:18
Originally posted by Praetorian Cohort

Spartakus, you are the one talking without reason; you haven't even read my post clearly. I said my grandfather worked for 10 years not my father.

My grandfather was a diplomat and my other grandfather was the minister of finance in 1946 government of Turkey. I warn and ask you not to insult my country further. Your statements have passed the line of respect and empathy far ago. Two days ago we were watching the "Independence" tv series with my grandmother which depicts the Turkish independence war. Greeks are shown as innocent people who were led into a false dream by the British. In the final scene Ataturk looks at martyred Greek soldiers and says "Poor youngsters, who told you to come here and die?". Afterwards he orders an aide to lift and clean a Greek flag which was lying on the ground. Another scene shows him saying "I hope that the Greeks understand that this was a big mistake and we can someday live in peace. My nation doesn't breed hatred and knows the importance of peace"When entering the Turkish Villa in zmir, the local people had placed a Greek flag in front of the house stating that the Greek king had stepped on it while entering the house. Ataturk replies "He made a mistake by showing disrespect to the symbol of a nation, I won't make the same mistake". All these scenes have been true according to writings and records.

Spartakus, I have great admiration to Ancient Greece and I believe that it was your great great ancestors who protected ancient democracy againsy Persian opression. I listen to Greek music, eat Greek food and I love Greek yogurt. I did Sirtaki, I even had a Greek girlfriend. I like your country, your langauge is like a poem. So tell me now, do you believe that I am full with propoganda and Ataturk's nation is full of propoganda. Please be reasonable...

Now to the real issue;

Against the ever evolving danger in the middle east, Turkey can provide a bridge of economic and political co-operation. Don't you agree friends?

Ok just put the word grand  and there will be no difference.I am not against you nor against Turkey.I am against the hipocricy of the Turkish goverment,against the Turkish nationalists.I insult your country because i stated the truth?You should be insulted by the  nationalistic behavior of your goverment not by me.My friend i am reasonable.Can you explain me why today in Konstantinopole from 100.000 Hellens only 1200 remained?What,the Hellens are masochists?They suddenly decided to live their homes for nothing?Or you deny it?You want cooperation?I agree,i want it too.But you call cooperation the constant violation of the Hellenic airspace?Or you deny that too?I have not seen such a cooperation!!!!If  Turkey wants to live in peace it's in her hands,not our's.It's in her hands whether it's generals will do whatever they want or not.Ataturk is dead.The question is what modern Turks do or will do.  
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2005 at 09:25
Originally posted by TheDiplomat

Believe me,Noone here gives a care on the mis-information comedia on Turkey carried out by the Greeks.The Internet provides tons of sources and everyone is free to believe in what he/she sees logical....

so instead of wasting their time on efforts with long messages how to ruin Turkey's prestige,these guys better off go and do something better for yourselves and humanity.!

Ahh,i have so much important things to do...let some of them continue to consider greece superior than Germany

You ruin your country's prestige with your own actions,not we.I also have seen the mis-information of the Turks,tons of it.So do not talk when your nest is dirty.And please you are the last one to talk about logic.More inportant things to do?Like what?Changing the shape of the Turkish flag in your sig?And he is the one who talks about nationalism.Man you are pethatic.... 
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2005 at 09:30

Now,i've already stated my opinion about the main subject long ago.It's in the hands of the Turks whether they will continue this debate or simply reply with HONESTY in the main subject.So no more bullshieting or else the situation will not change. 

TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2005 at 09:32
Originally posted by Sikander

It is interesting....

The theme for this discution was "Turkey as an EU candidate". I've seen none of that discution in these last 5 pages.

As allways, it turns out to be "Turkey vs Greece" or "Turkey vs Armenia".

Why don't you stick to the proposed subject, instead of dealing with "country vs country" issues, or some other nationalistic biases?

I've posted 5 questions earlier, and only 2 people dared to answer. I find my questions quite pertinent. But maybe you, Greek/Cypriot/Turkish people, find it uninteresting...? 

Do you need a little bit more time to solve your historical problems? Perhaps you should meet each other and solve your problem "like men do". Perhaps, just perhaps, that would keep you satisfied...

Keep doing that, and you'll degrade this topic even further. Deal with the issue "Turkey as an EU candidate" and youl'll enrich the debate.

Best

Sikander

Completely agree with you..i had been away for a long time.otherwise,i would never ignore your previous posts...

Man,you see who always change the main topics.and everyone sees that they are all from the same nationality...Is this a coinsidence?i dont think so.

we all are human beings.what makes us gain our national identities are state-sponsored education systems..Even a daily newspaper can be counted as a port of this identity process...Politicians of some countries obviously pursue an education system that can easily be turned into a hatred among the minmds and hearts of the peoples...

Germans,Portugueses,Russians,Greek and Turks..None of us is the superiorest.Nor anyone is evil by nature.But some people cant understand this...

BTW,what do you think about the Ivan The Terrible?

ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2005 at 09:35
When i was talking about bullshieting i included allusions.... 
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2005 at 09:39
*topic closed

no need for a flamewar
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567