Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew discovery in Macedonia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
IMRO View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: New discovery in Macedonia
    Posted: 13-Oct-2006 at 20:52

In the area Mariovo ,in the south part of the Republic of Macedonia were dicovered 3 shields with the macedonian sun.The shields are old more then 2200 years ,there is a sign on the shieds with the name of the Macedonian king Demetrius II.

Here some photos of the shields

Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2006 at 02:32
Very beautiful.
akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2006 at 02:46
Very nice discover.Smile One more evidence what language spoken the ancient Macedonians and of course the known Macedonian symbol that called Vergina Sun and  found in many places that lived ancient Greeks.

I hope to see and read the full word that appear  in the shield. The Mariovo is a place that located the North-Upper Macedonia.

Any more information for the archaelogical place IMRO?

Edited by akritas - 14-Oct-2006 at 03:14
xristar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2006 at 03:47
Why do I have a feeling I won't like a guy called IMRO?Wink

Defeat allows no explanation
Victory needs none.
It insults the dead when you treat life carelessly.
akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2006 at 04:32
Demetrius II was son of Antigonus Gonatas reigned as king of Macedonia from 239  to 229. He belonged to the Antigonides Dynasty.

Demetrius had also to defend Macedonia against the  peoples of the north. A battle with the known  Dardanians (North FYROM) turned out disastrously, and he died shortly afterwards, leaving Philip, his son by Chryseis, still a child. So the finding will give us more information as about that era.
Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2006 at 10:07
Philip V was the last great king of Macedonia.
IMRO View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2006 at 11:58
@akritas:Ancient Macedonians aren't ancient greeks.They've had own religion exactly the symbol on the shields is a religion symbol(like crusaders) ,the saint city of the Ancient Macedonians is Dion seteld on the north side on mountain Olymp ,the natural border between Macedonia and Greece.In ancient times when you have own religion then you belong to different ethnicity,also they've had own olympic games.
This discovery show why Macedonian's national symbol is 16 ray sun.

@xristar:I don't know why but maybe you should try with VMRO if that sound better for you  Thumbs Up

Greek goverment has offered 1 million Euros,to the man who foud the shields.But it's to late now LOL
bleda View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2006 at 12:12
yes ancient macedonias arent greeks

akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2006 at 12:25

Originally posted by IMRO

@akritas:Ancient Macedonians aren't ancient greeks.They've had own religion exactly the symbol on the shields is a religion symbol(like crusaders) ,the saint city of the Ancient Macedonians is Dion seteld on the north side on mountain Olymp ,the natural border between Macedonia and Greece.In ancient times when you have own religion then you belong to different ethnicity,also they've had own olympic games.

This discovery show why Macedonian's national symbol is 16 ray sun.
I didn't ask you the ethnicity,religion and the historical boundaries of the ancient Macedonians.I understand that as Slavonic origin of the Macedonia region beleive in the amalgamation theory

FYROMacedonians=Romans+Slavs+ancient Macedonians

As about the Greek symbol that is known as Vergina Sun is known that spreaded not only from the Macedonians but and from other Greek tribes like Spartans.Also appeared in many Greek artifacts.But this not for me the issue.

The issue is the text.
Do you have any photo that show any letter or the word in the shield ? Because is first time that we find in an Greek artifact a name and specially in an weapon like a shield

Greek goverment has offered 1 million Euros,to the man who foud the shields.But it's to late now LOL

Poor and cheap propaganda
Originally posted by bleda

yes ancient macedonias arent greeks

I am worring why are you delayed to open any new thread as the  the Greek prostitues and the Greeks that throwing immigrants when the Turks saved them!!!LOL

Edited by akritas - 14-Oct-2006 at 12:48
IMRO View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2006 at 13:50
Little mathematics

Brigians(Phrigians)+Indo Europeans =Ancient Macedonians
Ancient Macedonians+Slavs on the territory of Macedonia=MACEDONIANS
What about greeks or it this like Ancient Greeks=Greeks :)

Spartans used 16 ray sun as their symbol LOL,i 've never heard about that i think it's a propaganda.

About the 1 million from greek goverment it's true,why then your tv's didn't published the discovery.But if they bought it ,then for sure it will be.Again it's late nowLOL

And it's not greek artifact it's Macedonian.
Preobrazhenskoe View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2006 at 14:12

Awesome, very nice pics.

Eric

Edited by Preobrazhenskoe - 14-Oct-2006 at 14:14
akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2006 at 14:16

Little mathematics

Brigians(Phrigians)+Indo Europeans =Ancient Macedonians
Ancient Macedonians+Slavs on the territory of Macedonia=MACEDONIANS
What about greeks or it this like Ancient Greeks=Greeks :)
Yes I know your mathematics.LOLLOL

If we temporarily accept that your amazing Racial Mathematics are correct,who were the local people of Macedonia at the end of the nineteenth century and at the beginning of the twentieth century who fought valiantly for Hellenism against Bulgarism, winning the Macedonian Struggle?
What were the thousands of Greek-speakers and slavophones with Hellenic consciousness (Grecornarts) who helped defeat and chase the Bulgarian bands out of Macedonia from 1904 to 1908?
What are the Greek-speakers in Macedonia today (not those who migrated from Asia Minor) whose forefathers lived in Macedonia for centuries, surviving the harsh Ottoman occupation?

Other serious problems with your Racial Mathematics remain. For example, an important methodological error is the extension in place and time of a locally restricted group of people, i.e., Slavomacedonians, and how difficult it is to extrapolate from a relatively smalll area (FYROM) the entire historic Macedonia through the centuries, formulating population genetics theories without those being affected by historic events, localities, and types of people involvedInterestingly, your historians admit the prevalence of Hellenism in certain areas of Macedonia at certain times, but they do not account for what subsequently happened to the Hellenic population.

Something goes wrong with your  Racial  mathematics IMRO Wink

Spartans used 16 ray sun as their symbol LOL,i 've never heard about that i think it's a propaganda.

The picture is from the Spartan Archaelogical museum and show figuirines(soldiers,horses,shields, birds e.t.c.).These figuirines found in the temple of the Artemidas Orthias.

Please give your attention in four thinks

-The Artemis was also a Godness that worship from the Macedonians
-The shields that showed in figuirines and clearly you can see the 8th or 16th star ancient Greek symbols.
-The date of those figuirines estimated at 8th-7th cent, a close date years) that estimated the Greek settlement  in Emathia
-The connections of the Spartan Symbols with the Macedonian Symbols. Actually both were Dorians.

About the 1 million from greek goverment it's true,why then your tv's didn't published the discovery.But if they bought it ,then for sure it will be.Again it's late nowLOL

Show me the text in the shield? As about the rest we make circles

And it's not greek artifact it's Macedonian.
Macedonian ? Because is English term can you be more specific ? Macedonchi or Makedonon?LOL

Edited by akritas - 14-Oct-2006 at 14:40
Patrinos View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2006 at 15:53

IMRO except Akritas's very interestings questions can you answer one more simple? What DEMETRIUS mean in your bulgarian dialect?Big smile

YusakuJon3 View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2006 at 18:01
It looks like that thing's seen better days.  Where exactly was the location that it was found in?  Was it in ruins of some sort, or did the shield get lost in an open field somewhere?  Being left in the open where exposure and natural weathering could deteriorate the bronze and make it brittle could explain its condition.
"There you go again!"

-- President Ronald W. Reagan (directed towards reporters at a White House press conference, mid-1980s)
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2006 at 20:44
I will try to answer some of your questions, akritas.

Originally posted by akritas

[QUOTE=IMRO]
If we temporarily accept that your amazing Racial Mathematics are correct,who were the local people of Macedonia at the end of the nineteenth century and at the beginning of the twentieth century who fought valiantly for Hellenism against Bulgarism, winning the Macedonian Struggle?

They were Graecomans: those people who spoke Macedonian (or if you wish Bulgarian) languages but had to pray in greek for centuries. Those whos books in their own language were burned by greek priests in Bulgarian churches. Those people who had to study in greek schools instead of bulgarian schools. Those people who were stupid enough to believe that Greek culture is superior to their own. They were those who were paid by Greeks as it was described in Pavic novel (and then paid back by Bulgarian Kingdom to be Bulgarians again Smile) The last one consider as joke of course. What do you expect from those people? Time was difficult and people were disorientated.

What were the thousands of Greek-speakers and slavophones with Hellenic consciousness (Grecornarts) who helped defeat and chase the Bulgarian bands out of Macedonia from 1904 to 1908?

There were Bulgarians who spoke Greek better than Bulgarians and helped Greeks to get their independency. Best example is Stefan Bogoridi who persued sultan to sign independency of Greece. In any case he permanently said he is Bulgarian. Many bulgarians fought for Greek independence. Does that mean that Bulgarians are of Greek origin Smile

What are the Greek-speakers in Macedonia today (not those who migrated from Asia Minor) whose forefathers lived in Macedonia for centuries, surviving the harsh Ottoman occupation?

Greek and Slavic speakers in Macedonia are Macedonians.
Please give your attention in four thinks

-The Artemis was also a Godness that worship from the Macedonians

Well, hmm. What about Jesus? Almost whole Europe and both americas are christians. Are they the same nation?

Macedonchi or Makedonon?LOL

Same.

Edited by Anton - 14-Oct-2006 at 21:09
Menumorut View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2006 at 22:25
Fascinating archaeological discovery!

On the subject that Macedonians were Greeks or something else, I'm shocked that somebody support such idea with such determination.

How could be Macedonians Greeks when they weren't in the Achaian League?
Why aren't they mentioned as Greeks?

The Ancient Greek culture is wellknown but the Macedonian art is surely not Greek culture. I have visited the museum in Thessaloniki and Macedonian material culture is not Greek. Ofcourse, there have been borowings, like the writing, Macedonians have been Hellenized. Thracians were in less contact with the Greeks but they too have been Hellenized.

Edited by Menumorut - 14-Oct-2006 at 22:27

akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2006 at 03:33

@ Anton when answer in my questions please focus in my full responces and not cleaverly bring me cutting quotes.And because the adminstrators locked a similar thread that mention in

i will prefer to stay in the topic.And the topic is the Shield.
So my evidence that other Greek tribes used the Vergina Sun except the Macedonians is obvious. And I gave 4 elements that proove my argyment and  not one
Of course wait and the answer from the IMRO in my question as about the text.
If he has any photo that show any letter or the word in the shield ? Because is first time that we find in an Greek artifact a name and specially in an weapon like a shield.

As about the Macedonchi I didn't know that the ancient Macedonians identified themselves with this Slavic word.Any evidence?

@Menumorut.Propably you went in other archaelogical museum and in diffrent city.Confused

Archaic, Classical and Hellenistic sculptures from arcahelogical museum of Thessaloniki

and of cource you didn't see the below stele!!!!

Edited by akritas - 15-Oct-2006 at 03:40
Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2006 at 04:34
Demosthenes really hated the Macedonians.
Perseas View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2006 at 05:40
Originally posted by Menumorut

How could be Macedonians Greeks when they weren't in the Achaian League?      

And i am shocked with such a groundless assertion. Whether Macedonians were Greeks or not has absolutely nothing to do with membership in Achaean league.
A mathematician is a person who thinks that if there are supposed to be three people in a room, but five come out, then two more must enter the room in order for it to be empty.
Perseas View Drop Down
General
General
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2006 at 05:47

The shields are old more then 2200 years ,there is a sign on the shieds with the name of the Macedonian king Demetrius II.

I have also seen the same pics posted elsewhere but i havent seen the sign you refer to. Is there available a photo showing the name in the shields?

A mathematician is a person who thinks that if there are supposed to be three people in a room, but five come out, then two more must enter the room in order for it to be empty.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>