Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Democracy,compatible with huge population

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
Author
TheGreatSimba View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Democracy,compatible with huge population
    Posted: 15-Jun-2010 at 18:44
Sure thing. I'll go through each part one by one.

Originally posted by opuslola

This is chilling ...

In
President Truman
established one day a year as a
"National Day of Prayer."

In

resident Reagan
designated the
First Thursday in May of each year as
the National Day of Prayer.

Yes, its historical fact that these presidents did so.

In June
(then)
Presidential
Candidate Barack Obama
declared that the USA Was no longer a
Christian nation.

Obama didnt "declare" anything. This is what Obama said: “Whatever we once were, we are no longer a Christian nation — at least, not just.  We are also a Jewish nation, a Muslim nation, a Buddhist nation, and a Hindu nation, and a nation of nonbelievers.”

He was attesting to the religious diversity of the United States, which includes tens of millions of people who practice other faiths or no faith at all.

LAST year in 2009
President Obama,
canceled the
21st annual National Day
of Prayer ceremony
at the White
House under the rouse
Of "not wanting to offend anyone"

Obama simply chose not to celebrate the day publicly, however, he did issue a Presidential Proclamation that day entitled "The National Day of Prayer" and he praised the day and encouraged Americans to pray. The PDF of his proclamation can be found by clicking HERE.

Bill Clinton also never held a single "National Day of Prayer" throughout his term in office.

On September 25, 2009
from 4 am until 7 pm,
a National Day of Prayer
for the Muslim religion was Held on Capitol Hill,
Beside the White House.
There were over 50,000 Muslims that
Day in DC.

The United States government had nothing to do with this event, neither did Obama.

The event was set up by regular people and non-governmental organizations, and as a democracy where freedom of religion is guaranteed, it was their right to practice their religion where ever they felt like as a non-government organized event.

The organizers went through the proper legal channels in order to obtain a permit, which they received on July 28
by the Capitol Hill Police. The purpose of their prayer ceremony was to pray for America and show solidarity with American values.

Read more about this at FactCheck.org by clicking HERE

I guess it Doesn't matter
if "Christians"
Are offended by this event -
We obviously
Don't count as
"anyone" Anymore.
]

Why should Christians be offended? The freedom to practice ones religion is guaranteed in the constitutions, and Christians are free to worship and set up gatherings, just as any religious group is.

The direction
This country is headed
Should strike fear in the heart of every Christian.
Especially knowing that the
Muslim religion believes that if Christians cannot be
Converted they should be Annihilated

The Bible says the same thing about infidels:

Deuteronomy 17
If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

But what you probably do not know is that the "People of the Book" are protected in Islam:

People of the Book (Arabic: أهل الكتاب‎ ′Ahl al-Kitāb) is a term used to designate non-Muslim adherents to faiths which have a book of prayer.[1] The two faiths that are mentioned in the Qur'an as people of the book are Judaism and Christianity. However, many Muslim rulers and scholars have included other religions such as Zoroastrianism[2][3] and Hinduism in this list as well.[4]

Because the People of the Book recognize the God of Abraham as the one and only god, as do Muslims, and they practice revealed faiths based on divine ordinances, tolerance and autonomy is accorded to them in societies governed by sharia (Islamic divine law).

Once again, the Constitution guarantees the freedom of religion.

---------------------

More information:

Issues of government involvement with religion are often disputed because of the Establishment clause in the First Amendment. While the free-exercise clause allows for this type of event to be organized by non-governmental bodies, the U.S. Congress may not pass any laws enforcing religious observances.[11]

The contention was brought to attention by one of the Founding Fathers, Thomas Jefferson. On January 23, 1808 he wrote on the topic:

"Fasting and prayer are religious exercises; the enjoining them an act of discipline. Every religious society has a right to determine for itself the time for these exercises, and the objects proper for them, according to their own particular tenets; and right can never be safer than in their hands, where the Constitution has deposited it. ...civil powers alone have been given to the President of the United States and no authority to direct the religious exercises of his constituents."[12]

In 1822, James Madison wrote:

"There has been another deviation from the strict principle in the Executive Proclamations of fasts & festivals, so far, at least, as they have spoken the language of injunction, or have lost sight of the equality of all religious sects in the eye of the Constitution. Whilst I was honored with the Executive Trust I found it necessary on more than one occasion to follow the example of predecessors. But I was always careful to make the Proclamations absolutely indiscriminate, and merely recommendatory; or rather mere designations of a day, on which all who thought proper might unite in consecrating it to religious purposes, according to their own faith & forms. In this sense, I presume you reserve to the Govt. a right to appoint particular days for religious worship throughout the State, without any penal sanction enforcing the worship."[13]

Furthermore, there is currently a lawsuit against the "National Day of Prayer". The Obama administration is against the lawsuit and asked the court to throw the case out:

The Obama administration asked U.S. District Judge Barbara Crabb to dismiss the case in March 2009. The administration argued the group has no legal standing to sue and that the tradition of the National Day of Prayer dated back to 1775.[16]

So not only are the assertions in this email about Obama not true, there is a strict separation of Church and State in this country, meaning that the government cannot participate in, conduct, or pass anything regarding religion.

With that said, the freedom to practice religion guaranteed in the constitution means that any one or any non-governmental group can worship anywhere and anyway they want, whether they be Muslim, Christian, Jewish, or whatever.

PLEASE SPREAD THE TRUTH.

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 16-Jun-2010 at 08:04
I use CAPS for emphasis, not yelling. Just don't want to have to click the bold button every time.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2010 at 15:02
PLEASE SPREAD THE TRUTH.

A really good idea! Just don't let the Constitution and not the "Constitutions", in the plural form confuse anyone!

Since even Orthodox Judism, and most all so called Christian faiths, given up on the forceable conversion of people to one faith or another, there seems to exist only one faith that still follows that remainder, and that seems to be Islam, and especially those Moslems who believe and follow "Sharia Law!"

If Islam is so tolerant towards other religions, then why are no Christians allowed to start a church in Saudi Arabia? In any country ever conquered by Islam (and still ruled by it!), are other religions allowed the protection by law, to do so?

Please leave Egypt out of your response!
And, of course, you must understand that any nation founded and protected by the Vatican for centuries, also tried their very best to eradicate any religions other than the Roman Catholic one!"

It seems that in most of the world, only the USA, and some European states, that have progressively over the years become less religious and more secular, have actually allowed such things to happen!

Edited by opuslola - 06-Jul-2010 at 15:10
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2010 at 15:36

Since even Orthodox Judism,

Judaism was never about converting non-believers.

and most all so called Christian faiths, given up on the forceable conversion of people to one faith or another, there seems to exist only one faith that still follows that remainder, and that seems to be Islam, and especially those Moslems who believe and follow "Sharia Law!"

Christians are still very active in converting non-believers, here in the US and abroad and their methods in the developing world are very brutal and manipulative.

If Islam is so tolerant towards other religions, then why are no Christians allowed to start a church in Saudi Arabia? In any country ever conquered by Islam (and still ruled by it!), are other religions allowed the protection by law, to do so?

Because the governments in those countries are intolerant. Islam clearly protects Christianity and Judaism, and even Zoroastrians.

It seems that in most of the world, only the USA, and some European states, that have progressively over the years become less religious and more secular, have actually allowed such things to happen!

Korea, Japan, South Africa, South America, etc... I could go on and on...

Religion is stupid, I agree with you Opuslola. The quicker we get rid of it the better.
I use CAPS for emphasis, not yelling. Just don't want to have to click the bold button every time.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jul-2010 at 05:45
Actually there exists evidence that Judiaism did proselytize! See;

http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Judaism/2002/07/The-More-Jews-The-Better.aspx

Regards,
Night Crawler View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Night Crawler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2010 at 03:36
Democracy is wasted on the idiots-For a democratic society to work laziness must be purged from the system--Otherwise the lazy will band together to rape the ones who toil.

It reminds me of something I saw the other day on the net. A little Girl looks at her Mum and says "Mommy why do I have to good in school? The Mum replies so you can grow up and be a tax slave for the kids who do crappy in school."
azmo View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote azmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2010 at 05:34
In my country some dumbasses don't even try to study in school, because they get money anyway being unemployed.

Crawler, if you meant this, I totally support.
Knight
Knight

Quote Night Crawler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2010 at 08:20
Good, because that is exactly what I meant!!!!
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2010 at 09:57
Originally posted by Night Crawler

Democracy is wasted on the idiots-For a democratic society to work laziness must be purged from the system--Otherwise the lazy will band together to rape the ones who toil.

It reminds me of something I saw the other day on the net. A little Girl looks at her Mum and says "Mommy why do I have to good in school? The Mum replies so you can grow up and be a tax slave for the kids who do crappy in school."

holy crap, you'd make a great fascist dictatorLOL

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 10-Jul-2010 at 09:57
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2010 at 15:08
TGS wrote;

"holy crap, you'd make a great fascist dictator"

I thought that Obama was already on his way to be a "Great facist dictator?" He seems not really to give a crap about it (democracy)?

Nor does it seem he even condider his re-election? It seems?

Therefore, I can only conclude that he and his Marxist cronies, intend to take over the USA, via and internal revolution?

Perhaps some great social meltdown or dire emergency will prove to provoke him to the point of assuming the powers already in place to make him a supreme war-time, bad-time dictator, much like Rooseveldt tried to obtain!

Let's just wait and see?

Actually, what Night Crawler posted is the "progressive" receipe!

Get rid of those who do not produce!

George Bernard Shaw, one of the most noted "progressives" promoted social elimination of those who's life did not produce anything of value! He suggested they be "removed?"

Edited by opuslola - 10-Jul-2010 at 15:53
Knight
Knight

Quote Night Crawler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2010 at 01:25

I think it is progressive that my kids don't grow up to be "tax slaves of the lazy" (that is really a novel idea in the west right now, with our massive welfare states)I am not saying get rid of the lazy; but if you are not a productive member of society then you shouldn't be allowed to vote (of course I am not talking about the disabled or people who can't produce, I am not talking about the pensioners who have already produces and contributed, the veterans who have sacrificed they deserve the full support of society) I am talking about the ones that won't produce, who haven't and who simply never will. Further the indulgence of our society is producing more and more leeches

Once a majority of a country becomes leeches they can simply vote to leech off the workers. Then what happens you destroy the income base-the country falls.

I say no votes for leeches!!!!!!!!!!! You have to have a stake in society in order to really give a fig about it-America isn't heading that they got the Obamanator I am surprised the LIB DEMs didn't win in the UK - Maybe the UK is getting some common sense.

We will see--All the austerity schemes in Europe right now are designed to save the Euro zones economies-I think they are a good start- However you will see a mass leech rebellion and they will sweep in left wing governments with promises to end the austerity and bring back the free ride. Then Europe will crumble-Why because the  Idiot leeches will vote to get something for nothing.

No Votes for Leeches !!!!!!!!

If that is Fascism then shine up my jack boots.

Edited by Night Crawler - 11-Jul-2010 at 01:26
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2010 at 12:08
I find it funny how you two claim your defenders of the constitution or democracy yet all your positions are contradictory to those claims.LOL

As for politics in Europe, they are much more liberal than here in the US. Their conservative parties are actually just as liberal and in some cases more liberal than the Democratic Party here in the US.

The Democratic Party is actually very conservative by European standards, and the Republican Party is, well, borderline fascist.

So when you see conservatives winning in Europe, they're not the same as American conservatives or as we use the term conservative here, they are actually quite liberal.

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 11-Jul-2010 at 12:10
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2010 at 16:20
By the way, other than your above post being pure bunkum, it is not the Democratic Party, the correct name, I believe, is the Democrat Party! Please do not try to take away from good Americans a good word E.g. "democratic?"

To accuse the Republican Party (correctly written!) of being "boderline fascist" is unworthy, and unfair even from you!

I have never indicated that the Democrats are any thing in the mass, but of the Liberal/Progressive bent! But, I have accused some of its membership, including the current powers in the WH, Senate, and HoR, as being more closely aligned with the Marxists/Fascist, than any other political group! But, just like a great advisor to our President has said, "Never let a good..... go to waste!"
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2010 at 17:54

To accuse the Republican Party (correctly written!) of being "boderline fascist" is unworthy, and unfair even from you!

Actually, its a quite fair analysis. The Republican Party been radically right wing for two decades and with this new Tea Party movement its even more radical and further to the right. Older Republicans (i.e veteran Republicans who are now losing favor amongst Tea Partiers) are worried about this trend in the Republican Party.

opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2010 at 18:05
TGS wrote, almost as a utility;

"Older Republicans (i.e veteran Republicans who are now losing favor amongst Tea Partiers) are worried about this trend in the Republican Party."

You betcha! These are the old "liberal" Republicans in name only, members, which most of us wish to either loose, or fade away! They have via their fake leanings on some issues, have led the way to the currently facist takeover of the USA!

Another word for them might well be "traitors" to their own party?

But, have they also "BETRAYED" their own country?

Perhaps, but what do I know?
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2010 at 18:11

TGS wrote, almost as a utility;

"Older Republicans (i.e veteran Republicans who are now losing favor amongst Tea Partiers) are worried about this trend in the Republican Party."

You betcha! These are the old "liberal" Republicans in name only, members, which most of us wish to either loose, or fade away! They have via their fake leanings on some issues, have led the way to the currently facist takeover of the USA!

Another word for them might well be "traitors" to their own party?

But, have they also "BETRAYED" their own country?

Perhaps, but what do I know?

Were you this angry when Bush was president? What has Obama done to make this country "fascist"?

And veteran Republicans are saying the same thing, that the Party is being taken over by racists, fear mongers, and manipulators.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2010 at 18:54
Let's see? Takeover of Auto Co.'s, Banks, health care? Did I leave any fascist idea out?

Yes, I had a great deal of problems with both of the Bush's! Do you want me to pick "dumn ass no. 1, or no. 2?"

You also made the following statement;

"And veteran Republicans are saying the same thing, that the Party is being taken over by racists, fear mongers, and manipulators."

Well, whether or not those are their words or yours, I will be glad when they all bolt from the Republican party! But, bolt or not, most of them have already "seen the light"! That is, they know they will not be re-elected!

Just as old timey telephone operators used to say when your pay phone call minutes had run out, "Your time is up!"

Edited by opuslola - 11-Jul-2010 at 18:56
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2010 at 21:24

Let's see? Takeover of Auto Co.'s, Banks, health care? Did I leave any fascist idea out?

Do you really think thats what happened? He gave the Auto Co's, and banks money to keep them from going bankrupt, and thats it, nothing more. Thats a very capitalist thing to do, giving corporations money without any consequences...and then letting them go back to business as usual.

Yes, I had a great deal of problems with both of the Bush's! Do you want me to pick "dumn ass no. 1, or no. 2?"

You also made the following statement;

You say that now, but we both know the reality of things. Back in 2003, when people like me were anti-war and saying that Bush was lying simply to start a war for oil and corporate America, it was people like you drowned out reason and rational thought, and you are attempting to do it again.

"And veteran Republicans are saying the same thing, that the Party is being taken over by racists, fear mongers, and manipulators."

Well, whether or not those are their words or yours, I will be glad when they all bolt from the Republican party! But, bolt or not, most of them have already "seen the light"! That is, they know they will not be re-elected!

Just as old timey telephone operators used to say when your pay phone call minutes had run out, "Your time is up!"

Unfortunately this will be the death of the Republican Party. As the "sane" ones are being pushed out, even crazier people are taking their place. The Republican Party has no mass support anymore, and as the demographics continue to change, they will realize that they can no longer compete.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2010 at 14:53
I would have rather let "capitalist" things go the way they should go! In other words, let them go "under!" The Federal Gov. has no place in saving a business or instution! Find the part of our Constitution that gives the Feds. a legal method to interfere?

Note, your source, must be "clear" and "consise" and not taken as shades of grey?
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2010 at 15:01
I completely agree with you, the banks should have gone bankrupt, as well as the car companies. They should have been taught a lesson. The bankers who were involved in the scams they were running should have been tried and sent to prison. Our money should not have been used to shore up these corrupt, greedy, selfish, evil disgrace for human beings.

Of course, this probably would have led to an even worse recession, a weakening of Americans industrial and financial capacity, and millions of Americans more would have been out of work, but the lesson would have been worth it. The lesson would have been that we need more regulation and that things cannot be business as usual.

Obama made the right decision given the circumstances, but as he is trying to punish Wall Street and make sure things do not go back to business as usual, guess who is hampering his efforts, the Republican Party (the Republican Party is preventing the passage of legislation which would hold Wall Street accountable).

After the Great Depression, American thrived on "New Deal Economics" (more regulation). After Reagan, who repealed many of the regulations, we started having more and more economic problems.

There was a stock market crash in 1929, and not another one until 1987, and another one in 2008...guess who was in power in 1987 and in 2008? Republicans, and by 1987 and 2008, they had been in power for years and the crashes all came towards the end of their terms, coincidence?

Clear and concise enough for you?

Opuslola, what you have to understand is that the real enemy of the United States and the American people is out-dated ideology. If history has taught us anything, its that you need to adapt and change to survive.

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 12-Jul-2010 at 15:08
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2010 at 15:37
My dear advisary TGS, perhaps you have never seen the results of of other depressions other than the ones you "Progressives" tend to promote!

Maybe, and I am mostly sure, you have never even heard of this one?

http://seekingalpha.com/article/105927-bypass-the-depression-and-head-straight-for-1907

It was soon followed by a period that has since been called "the Roaring Twenties!"

All of the above can be found on "Glenn Beck!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>