Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pirates of the Asia Pacific

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
hansioux View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote hansioux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pirates of the Asia Pacific
    Posted: 29-Dec-2004 at 11:50
Originally posted by babyblue

Originally posted by hansioux

Originally posted by babyblue

yeah those are supposedly chinese migrants who'd been there for generations...

??? So? Why do they lead the pirates instead of people who "actually" lived their for even more generations?  You are missing the point.

i was just making a statement man...what do you mean i'm missing the point?

chill out

babyblue, What happened to your Jay Chou signiture?

Begging plea of the weak can only receive disrespect, violence and oppression as bestowments. Blood and sweat of the weak can only receive insult, blame and abuse as rewards.

Lai Ho, Formosan Poet
babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2004 at 13:57

sh*t!!! what happened? where did it go?

SABOTAGE!!!  someone sabotaged my sig again???

hansioux View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote hansioux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2004 at 17:50

It came back to life !!! actually i couldn't connect to boxup music before, maybe their server was done.

Edited by hansioux
Begging plea of the weak can only receive disrespect, violence and oppression as bestowments. Blood and sweat of the weak can only receive insult, blame and abuse as rewards.

Lai Ho, Formosan Poet
babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Dec-2004 at 17:12
yeah that site sucks....i mean, the connection. sometimes it's even slower than AE...
Ikki View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Guanarteme

Quote Ikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2005 at 16:11

Ummm Sandokn jeje

No really, i want make use of this post for ask about the Wo Ku attack to Nanking, 1550 more or less. I read that were a very strong invasion along the first 500 km of the Yang Ts, but i can't find anymore in Internet.

Well for the personas that don't know the name of any asian piratic, a short information about three. Really, i don't now the name of anymore:

Asiatic Pirates attacks to spanish Philippines:

-Attack of Chinese Limahong (or Li Ma-hong), november of 1574: It is a very long story, and i write english very slow, so i only say the minimal information. The chinese, with 60 junks (25 very strong) and 4.000 men (or 25.000 in other sources) sack many villages near Manila, and then went to the capital. The Manila's fortress was very poor but 70 spanish and the inhabitants repulsed the first invasion; many importants spanish military died in the battle. Three days then, spanish reinforcement succeed cross the enemy lines and go into Manila. Siokon the japanese subordinate of Limahong (very dreaded by the spanish), was defeated near Manila when he was attacking a village; then Limahong furious took the command of the operations and try to assault Manila by third time, but the spanish won again.

Then happen many things but i don't have time. Summarize: the furious pirates leave Manila and seat in Pangasinn. The spanish attack their in August with 250 spanish soldier (and then 50 spanish more), 2.500 christian tagals and 59 ships (prahos and galleons); two battles were fighted, first, the chinese lost 40 junks, three forts, many deads and 500 prisoner. Second, Limahong resist in the last fortress and a chinese embassor went to Philippines. The pirates don't want sourrender and resist with fire weapons, then the spanish started a very strong assault and kill to all chinese; but Limahong escape with a few men. Spanish gave the other 500 chinese prisoner to chinese embassor and this return to China with catholic monks and presents .

-Attack of the japanese Tayfusu (or Tay Fusa), 1580: 27 junks and 2.000 men go to Cagayn and build a pirate village. Spanish captain Pedro Carrin with 1 galleon and other 14 ships come from Manila; by the way, they get more reinforcement. The spanish army count 200 spanish soldier and many more christian tagals (1000 perhaps); arrived to Cagayn they build a encampment.

Japanese pirates began the battle with a nocturnal attack two hours before dawn. The spanish win this fierce battle, but the reorganized japanese attack again at the morning, Tayfusu command the troops in middle of battle. A horrible battle was fighted, the japanese resist and don't want surrender, all they died in combat, include Tayfusu, and spanish win the battle without enemy prisoner in their hands. Then native (allied with japanese) attack to spanish, but this win a short battle, make a treaty with their and found a new village, Nueva Segovia.

bye

Edited by Ikki
hansioux View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote hansioux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2005 at 20:09
Originally posted by Ikki

Ummm Sandokn jeje<:namespace prefix = v ns = "urnchemas-microsoft-com:vml" />HAPE id=_x0000_t75 coordsize="21600,21600" opt="75" oreferrelative="t" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f">TROKE joinstyle="miter">TROKE>ATH o:extrusionok="f" gradientshapeok="t" o:connect="rect">ATH>chemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" />HAPE>HAPE id=_x0000_i1025 style="WIDTH: 12.75pt; HEIGHT: 12.75pt" ="#_x0000_t75" alt="">HAPE>>>

No really, i want make use of this post for ask about the Wo Ku attack to Nanking, 1550 more or less. I read that were a very strong invasion along the first 500 km of the Yang Ts? but i can't find anymore in Internet.>>

Well for the personas that don't know the name of any asian piratic, a short information about three. Really, i don't now the name of anymore:>>

Asiatic Pirates attacks to spanish Philippines:>>

-Attack of Chinese Limahong (or Li Ma-hong), november of 1574: It is a very long story, and i write english very slow, so i only say the minimal information. The chinese, with 60 junks (25 very strong) and 4.000 men (or 25.000 in other sources) sack many villages near Manila, and then went to the capital. The Manila's fortress was very poor but 70 spanish and the inhabitants repulsed the first invasion; many importants spanish military died in the battle. Three days then, spanish reinforcement succeed cross the enemy lines and go into Manila. Siokon the japanese subordinate of Limahong (very dreaded by the spanish), was defeated near Manila when he was attacking a village; then Limahong furious took the command of the operations and try to assault Manila by third time, but the spanish won again.>>

Then happen many things but i don't have time. Summarize: the furious pirates leave Manila and seat in Pangasinn. The spanish attack their in August with 250 spanish soldier (and then 50 spanish more), 2.500 christian tagals and 59 ships (prahos and galleons); two battles were fighted, first, the chinese lost 40 junks, three forts, many deads and 500 prisoner. Second, Limahong resist in the last fortress and a chinese embassor went to Philippines. The pirates don't want sourrender and resist with fire weapons, then the spanish started a very strong assault and kill to all chinese; but Limahong escape with a few men. Spanish gave the other 500 chinese prisoner to chinese embassor and this return to China with catholic monks and presents .>>

>>

-Attack of the japanese Tayfusu (or Tay Fusa), 1580: 27 junks and 2.000 men go to Cagayn and build a pirate village. Spanish captain Pedro Carrin with 1 galleon and other 14 ships come from Manila; by the way, they get more reinforcement. The spanish army count 200 spanish soldier and many more christian tagals (1000 perhaps); arrived to Cagayn they build a encampment. >>

Japanese pirates began the battle with a nocturnal attack two hours before dawn. The spanish win this fierce battle, but the reorganized japanese attack again at the morning, Tayfusu command the troops in middle of battle. A horrible battle was fighted, the japanese resist and don't want surrender, all they died in combat, include Tayfusu, and spanish win the battle without enemy prisoner in their hands. Then native (allied with japanese) attack to spanish, but this win a short battle, make a treaty with their and found a new village, Nueva Segovia.>>

>>

bye

Wow! Very very interesting.  There are caves in northern Taiwan of which has carvings of Dutch names and dates in it.  Which dates to 4 or five years after Dutch has been defeated and driven out of Taiwan.  Which raise an interesting question.... who are these Dutch that were still here?  Especially so far away from Southern Taiwan, where their political power was estalbished in.

Some say they are actually part of the Pirates which has normally based in northern Taiwan.

Some say they were the Dutch reenforcements XD

Lai Ho, Formosan Poet
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12