Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mexico Threatens to Take the USA Before the UN

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mexico Threatens to Take the USA Before the UN
    Posted: 20-Oct-2006 at 12:47
Because, I think that in this instance you are putting respect toward people who don't deserve it ahead of the security of the United States, and the latter is the paramount goal.
Member of IAEA
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2006 at 13:41
Originally posted by Genghis

Because, I think that in this instance you are putting respect toward people who don't deserve it ahead of the security of the United States, and the latter is the paramount goal.

But you already said that you yourself would be respectful to these people if you interacted with them. So on a personal level it seems that you do believe that they deserve respect. And if they deserve respect from you when you talk to them, it follows that they deserve respect from the government as well, which represents you.

Look, if we only have a choice between an effective solution or respecting foreigners, then the government must do that which benefits Americans the most.

But here we have a solution that achieve both goals at the same time. If it works in the U.S. interest, and it makes the U.S. look good due to its respectful treatment of foreigners, why not embrace it?

Putting more guards on the border is the most effective methods to keep illegal aliens from entering into the U.S. It also happens to be the most respectful; a coincidence I must admit. So why not endorse JanusRook's solution, which is effective and respectful?
arch.buff View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote arch.buff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2006 at 19:07
Originally posted by Genghis

I don't think I'm dodging the question.  In my personal affairs I would be kind and courteous to someone even if they were an illegal immigrant, but I don't want my government to do the same.  The laws which govern individuals and entities like nations are different.

Genghis,

Ive agreed with a lot youve had to say, as well as hugo.

But I certainly hope when I go down to Puerto Penasco(Rocky Point), Mexico next weekend that the Federales(Govt. officials) treat me(an American citizen) and my family with respect.

Edited by arch.buff - 20-Oct-2006 at 21:44
Be a servant to all, that is a quality of a King.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Oct-2006 at 03:04

Well, for Americans that want to leave the rat race, perhaps you should think in settling in Mexico. No kidding, read these articles:

And this is the personal experience of an American family living in Mexico:

Pinguin.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567