Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCan we get ALL the flags?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can we get ALL the flags?
    Posted: 10-Jun-2005 at 01:09
If you guys are adding flags for unrecognized nations, then you have to add the flag for the Independent Republic of Mountainous Karabagh. Just a suggestion.
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2005 at 09:53

Please, before continuing your arguement, hava a look at my suggestion about some Turkic flags, Turkmenistan and Kazakhstan. We have a couple of forumers from those countries.

Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2005 at 07:11
Originally posted by OSMANLI

AE should recognise that they have a member from the TRNC, that the TRNC whether you like it or not does exist and that the TRNC flag DOES exist.

Listen, to cut a long story short: everyone recognizes that there's a northern part of Cyprus occupied by Turkish troops. Everyone recognizes that this part is inhabited by Turkish-Cypriots and (illegally imported to alter the population distribution) Turkish colonists. So we also recognize (same as the rest of the world) that you're a Turkish Cypriot residing in the occupied part of the island.

Just because some land their planes there or talk to your community leaders does not means that they recognize the occupied zone as a sovereign country.

The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2005 at 06:44
Originally posted by strategos

At least I recognize you, as a Cypriot; a Turkish Cypriot.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, thus i am citizen of the TRNC.

All your views are to be respected but the fact of the matter is that no matter what the world officialy says they really do recognise the TRNC.

If not then why would the US land at Ercan airport in the TRNC.

Flights from london to TRNC are being conducted.

Why would talks be often be made to Denktas and now to president Talat

If Greece and the south side did not really think that the TRNC exists then let me see you try to come and govern TRNC teritory, you wouldnt get very far.

AE should recognise that they have a member from the TRNC, that the TRNC whether you like it or not does exist and that the TRNC flag DOES exist.

Edited by OSMANLI
strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2005 at 19:58

I am from the TRNC, does that meen that AE does not recognise me?

At least I recognize you, as a Cypriot; a Turkish Cypriot.

http://theforgotten.org/intro.html
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2005 at 11:42

I think we should have the flags of Turkmenistan and Kazakhstan in AE. We have a couple of members from those countries.

I hope our administrators add those flags for us. Thanks...

Menippos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2005 at 06:26
Weeeell, the old Cyprus conflict revived!
Hahahahaha!!!

Usually, I prefer to be mild and moderate on most subjects, and I will attempt to do so here too; I hope I am successful:
When and if the now illegally occupied northern part of Cyprus is recognised by a majority of an international organisation such as the UN or the EU or the United Federation of Planets, then all opposing voices will be silent.
Until then, however, there is no lawful right to refer to such a nationality or country as if it really does exist. Implications of existence are allowed, but no official declarations whatsoever.

I hope I was mild enough.
CARRY NOTHING
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2005 at 05:31

Well perhaps is the south side stopped interfering with the affairs of the TRNC then we would have been recognised after the referendom, of which we agreed and the greeks did not. Just recently you did not let the US senator to enter the south side just because he landed in Ercan airport in the TRNC. Such prejedice by a state or infact by AE and its members is not needed.

I am from the TRNC, does that meen that AE does not recognise me?

Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2005 at 12:18

Whether or not Cyprus is recognised or not, .
Thr Republic of Cyprus is recognized by the whole world. If you refer to the fake "state" which is infact the occupied northern part of the Cypriot Republic, then no, it's not recognized by anyone.

The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2005 at 11:31
Whether or not Cyprus is recognised or not, the fact of the matter is that it is a real nation. It has its own border and culture which is unique. TRNC has existed since 1974, thus it is a real nation.
TheodoreFelix View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2005 at 22:41
Good point.
Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2005 at 22:33
Iskender Bey ALBO

It's simple actually, the @#$% was banned for being provocative, exactly what he is doing now. It's like me using a map that depicts parts of Albania annexed to Serbia or Italy or half of N.Epirus belonging to Hellas.
That is provocative, say, swear, demand whatever you like in a discussion, but this only provokes an argument.
Simple really.
To the gods we mortals are all ignorant.Those old traditions from our ancestors, the ones we've had as long as time itself, no argument will ever overthrow, in spite of subtleties sharp minds invent.
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2005 at 22:21

Like this eh?

TheodoreFelix View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2005 at 22:21

I don't believe there are any real rules on what the avatar can or cannot involve. While I can't say that Alex doesnt put that avatar to instigate or anger, there is no real reason to remove it. If it does anger someone, well that person should try and be above that and not be bothered by a colorful blot. A person has the right to express himself.

Just my view ofcourse.

As for the Cyprus one, I agree with Strategos. Cyprus is recognized as a real nation. Northern Cyprus hasn't. Showing a map of a recognized split cyprus doesnt say much.

strategos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2005 at 22:19

Originally posted by Phallanx

Well that isnt actually true, as i requested a North Cyprus flag and even though the south cyprus flag has been added, the north still has not.

One major difference, one is a fully recognized country/state while the other is nothing more than an ILLEGAL creation based on force.

I would like to know why whenever I want to 'file' a complaint this comes up:
Sorry, only members with sufficient permission can access this page.

Since when am I not a member with sufficient permission and why???

Anyway, since I have no way of 'filling it in' the correct topic, I'll state it here and hope it will be heard.

WHY, do you allow provocative flags like the one the provocateur Alexander of Macedon uses???
I consider the mods intelligent enough to recognise a totally ILLEGAL flag, a symbol that has been disallowed by all intenational organizations.
Why do you allow this @#$% to use it??????

Exactly, my icon of  was also removed, because iwas told it was provocative,  and I think  alexander of macedons should be removed as well. Wasn't he banned by yiannis anyways, some time ago? Cyrus, if you are going to take mine off, u must at least consider taking his off as well.

Edited by strategos
http://theforgotten.org/intro.html
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2005 at 22:14

Originally posted by Achilles

what about getting a flag for the Isle of Man?

Or Scotland.

Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2005 at 22:10
Well that isnt actually true, as i requested a North Cyprus flag and even though the south cyprus flag has been added, the north still has not.

One major difference, one is a fully recognized country/state while the other is nothing more than an ILLEGAL creation based on force.

I would like to know why whenever I want to 'file' a complaint this comes up:
Sorry, only members with sufficient permission can access this page.

Since when am I not a member with sufficient permission and why???

Anyway, since I have no way of 'filling it in' the correct topic, I'll state it here and hope it will be heard.

WHY, do you allow provocative flags like the one the provocateur Alexander of Macedon uses???
I consider the mods intelligent enough to recognise a totally ILLEGAL flag, a symbol that has been disallowed by all intenational organizations.
Why do you allow this @#$% to use it??????

Edited by Phallanx
To the gods we mortals are all ignorant.Those old traditions from our ancestors, the ones we've had as long as time itself, no argument will ever overthrow, in spite of subtleties sharp minds invent.
Achilles View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2005 at 17:59
what about getting a flag for the Isle of Man?
RED GUARD View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2005 at 07:13
We should have the flag of Antartica!

Quotes by your's turly:

"I came, I saw, and I conquered... but only for the weekend"

"This is my tank, this is my weapon, and this is my pride."

"Power comes from a barrel of a gun."

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2005 at 08:10

Originally posted by AyKurt

Can you add a Scottish flag?  Scotland is a country, however its also part of a political union called the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.  There is a flag for the political union but but not the states that make up that union i.e Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales and England.
Scotland has its own parlaiment, flag, president, it is also historically an independant nation, joining the union did not end it being a country, it just became part of a union of Nations, it also has its own football team  

I agree with you. Scotland should have its own animated flag in the forums.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>