Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"A thousand nations of the Persian Empire"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hrothgar View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Hrothgar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "A thousand nations of the Persian Empire"
    Posted: 22-Sep-2006 at 00:00
Hrothgar View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Hrothgar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2006 at 00:06
Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2006 at 00:37
Good cinematography
PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2006 at 00:45
Good cinematography
Hrothgar View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Hrothgar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2006 at 00:47
i like their haircuts.

i think i'll grow my beard out.
Malik View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Malik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2006 at 08:30
Looks like a good movie
Exarchus View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Exarchus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2006 at 12:30
Alexander also looked great (pun intended) on trailers.

But the movie itself....
Vae victis!
Hrothgar View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Hrothgar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2006 at 12:45
according to the early screenings, it's awesome.

anyway, was the persian empire really like that and did that have mutants that looked like Jabba the Hut?
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2006 at 19:30
For sure not. I don't understand why the west try to show Persians as vails and devil. Persians were very tolerant toward another civilisations and their believes. Maybe it's becouse that west only accepts the Greec version of history.
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2006 at 19:43
I think the movie is going to be like any other hyper edited, trailer crazy movie (Alexander as someone has already mentioned?)

I also anticipate it to be very exaggerated
Hrothgar View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Hrothgar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Sep-2006 at 00:04
Originally posted by Maziar

For sure not. I don't understand why the west try to show Persians as vails and devil. Persians were very tolerant toward another civilisations and their believes. Maybe it's becouse that west only accepts the Greec version of history.

what's the persion version
Roberts View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

aka axeman

Quote Roberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Sep-2006 at 04:22
The movie looks like total nonsense, even worse than Alexander.
Patrinos View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Patrinos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Sep-2006 at 09:04

Hollywood doesn't accept neither Greek nor Persian version of history.They invent  their own new version of history which is more catchy and better for the box office. You can't learn history through holywood movies because they are full of prejudgements. In this movie the Persians must be "evil" as easterners to justify the american opinion about the today's Iranians as enemies of the west world. 

The Greek opinion before Alexander was not so good about Persians because of the Persic Wars,but Alexander himself believed in the Greco-Persian union with actions like intermarriages, and by teaching the Persians the greek language.

DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Sep-2006 at 10:34
oh the Persians look so awfull in that movie wich is overhyped and mega-inaccurate. But will watch that movie :D
Jeru View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Jeru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Sep-2006 at 16:35
The movie was not inspired by history,but by a comic book!!LOL
Although Spartans were the best trained army at the time.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Sep-2006 at 05:26
Originally posted by Jeru

The movie was not inspired by history,but by a comic book!!LOL

The movie was inspired by money. Money can make or mar histories & in the end get away by claimin it to be a work of Fiction !
 Post Reply Post Reply