Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Was Hitler ever an MI6 agent?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Was Hitler ever an MI6 agent?
    Posted: 14-Feb-2008 at 13:00
Originally posted by Mixcoatl

2. Explaining Hitler doesn't explain nazism, WW2, or the Holocaust. Even if Hitler was some kind of uniquely insane abberation, it doesn't explain why the German people let itself be fooled by him for more than a decade. The atrocities of nazism can not be blamed on only one person. If the German people, or in fact any people, could itself be led like they were in 1933-1945, there is no reason why it could not happen again.

I think that can be explained quite easily. Hitler was, firstly, a brilliant orator. His propaganda and public speaking abilities were sublime. Eventually this got replaced by necessity for the war effort, fascist control and a huge fear of the soviets. In addition, the German people had just come through the great depression and were being horribly treated by the ridiculous treaty of Versailles. Also, it is my belief that Hitler never intended to go as far as he did. I think he gravely miscalculated, thinking the British would back down as they always had before.

Also, Hitler conspiracy theories do concern me too. However, what does also worry me is that any discussion of Hitler or Germany as if he wasn't evil incarnate is instantly attacked and dismissed. Questioning the holocaust being the extreme example. While it was undoubtedly horrible, investigation should always be permitted.
Challenger2 View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Challenger2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2008 at 16:03
Originally posted by Peteratwar

Never let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theoreyWink

Fair point, well made. Smile
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2008 at 16:31
Hitler's relatives in England apparently have descendents in America, who still bare the surname, although they live under different names (for obvious reasons).

It's said a Building in Manchester was spared by Bombers on Hitler's orders because he wanted to use it as an SS or Gestapo or similar HQ.

As for the MI6 theory, I think someone's listened to Al Fayed for too long!
maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Quote maqsad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2008 at 20:19
It's also said someone forgot to bomb the IG Farben building in Frankfurt while much of Germany's cities were firebombed thoroughly during the war. This building was the largest office building in Europe and after the war it served as the CIA headquarters in Germany. The IG Farben Building also became headquarters for the US Army's 5th Corps and the Northern Area Command (NACOM).
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2008 at 23:54

Going back to where you (or someone) said Hitler had the chance to invade the UK, I thought that maybe Hitler respected the British, and could have possibly wanted to take over all of Europe, then try to side with the UK? Just throwing it out there...

maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Quote maqsad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2008 at 02:12
Yeah I have heard that Hitler admired the British more so than any other European country, probably because of the British Empire. Certainly more so than he admired Russia(ironic because it was Russia that actually won the war). Besides the "teutonics" I presume the British were the largest population of the Nordics that hitler admired on an ethnicity basis so perhaps that is why he wanted to battle Britain last or preferably not battle them at all but just have them peacefully surrender after they saw that Germany now rules the entire European continent?
Peteratwar View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Peteratwar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2008 at 08:19
Originally posted by maqsad

Yeah I have heard that Hitler admired the British more so than any other European country, probably because of the British Empire. Certainly more so than he admired Russia(ironic because it was Russia that actually won the war). Besides the "teutonics" I presume the British were the largest population of the Nordics that hitler admired on an ethnicity basis so perhaps that is why he wanted to battle Britain last or preferably not battle them at all but just have them peacefully surrender after they saw that Germany now rules the entire European continent?

No, the allies (including Russia) won the war.

And by the way, re bombing of buildings, bombing accuracy in those days was virtually nbon-existent.
maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Quote maqsad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2008 at 17:18

No, the allies (including Russia) won the war.

Come on we know who it was that cracked the spine of the nazi war machine. Everyone else came in afterwards to  mop things up.

And by the way, re bombing of buildings, bombing accuracy in those days was virtually nbon-existent.

The IG Farben building was constructed in the 1930s and at that time was the largest office building in the entire continent of Eurasia. IG Farben itself was also the largest megacorporation in Germany at the time and one of its major achievments was developing a process to extract jetfuel, deisel and gasoline from coal tar. It should have been the prime target of allied bombers yet it was not touched. How  can anyone miss such a huge structure?
Peteratwar View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Peteratwar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Feb-2008 at 09:08

Much the same way as the Germans missed the Battersea power station and St Pauls' Cathedral in London, prime target tho it was. Sheer inacuracy of bombing capability at the time

Don't deny that the Russians inflicted and suffered the majority of casualties. Note more Germans surrendered in Tunis than at Stalingrad. However without the existence of the Western allies and the supplies given to the Russians they would have had great difficulty in surviving

medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jun-2015 at 06:53
He learned painting in London.It could be.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12