Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why was Europe First?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why was Europe First?
    Posted: 11-Oct-2006 at 11:38
If anything , the religous societys Stoped europes advance, they withheld knowledge from the people, its was only with the late Renaissance movement did europe  advance,moving beyond there narrow view of the world.

does Giordano Brunno  ring a bell?

The Protestant Reformation?,  the Dutch Republic if any was the most successful commercial nation in 17th-century Europe.

Some have even said ,it was the black death, causing the people of europre to look away from the church for answers.
Preobrazhenskoe View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Preobrazhenskoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2006 at 04:30
Here's more Chinese art to add from the previous pages, although I'd like to post artwork that's a bit more ancient than before (all of this next stuff is before 600 AD). These are the Yungang Grottoes of Datong, Shanxi Province. The Buddhist art of this site ranges from the 5th to 6th century AD, and there's a lot of cool statues here.

Next, here's some painted murals from the Han Dynasty (206 BC - 220 AD)

Afresco dum tmulo
afresco

afresco dum tmulo

afresco dum tmulo

Here's a stone engraving from the ancient Han Dynasty as well:

Um carro esculpido no tijolo

Here's a fresco from the Northern Wei Period (dated 534-557)

Afresco

Here's some paintings from Gu Kaizhi (lived 345 - 406 AD)

NSJ

NSJ

NSJ

NSJ

Here's some paintings by Zhang Cengyao

ZhangCY
ZhangCY
ZhangCY
ZhangCY

The Painted scroll below is from Luo Shen Fu, who lived during the Eastern Jin Dynasty (317-420 AD). It's quite a long landscape scroll, but feel free to look at it from beginning to end, it's quite amazing for the 4th century, when the Roman Empire was still around (yet split in half).

Eric

Edited by Preobrazhenskoe - 13-Oct-2006 at 04:35
Consul
Consul

Quote Preobrazhenskoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2006 at 04:31
Luo Shen Fu
Consul
Consul

Quote Preobrazhenskoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2006 at 15:55
The really ancient stuff I just posted in the last two entries is good and all, but just for fun, here's a classic painting from Ding Yunpeng (1547-1628 AD) of the Ming Dynasty. I love this one...

Here's another one from the Ming Dynasty, the Sudhana Mural:

...Skanda Mural:

Eric

Edited by Preobrazhenskoe - 13-Oct-2006 at 16:01
west49ur View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote west49ur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2007 at 00:00
Europe was ever expanding, with many civil-continental conflicts occuring. The question is why Europe leaped ahead of the West in technology, well the anwser is, constant fighting. War leads to new inventions and technologys, without that, then you are going to lose, and a good look example of this is WW2, with USA developing the Atomic Bomb. War needs to happen if you want progress in the technological field. And i also like how, i think it was Siege Tower who said this, is that everytime, for example China, had a new ruler come to power, he would disband a prpject if it did not apeal to him, where as in Europe, the project had to be finished or someone else would beat you to it
Aurorum View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard
Suspended

Quote Aurorum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Sep-2008 at 03:52
A fascinating read! Sleepy

Let us not forgot the six-thousand-year Western technological advantage: The wheel was introduced to Asia via the West; chemicals and batteries and advanced social-systems were developed by the Aryan empires (Egyptian, Persian, and Northern Indian); the Greek Antikythera device (an analogue computer) manufactured in 82B.C. was used to identify constellations; Nikola Tesla, the Serbian father of the 21st century.

Discovery and progress is difficult in societies which hold tradition above exploration; and if y' can't think of alternatives -- if your genetic combination does not allow for creativity and flexibility -- y' can't move ahead.

Even now, China and Korea are using Russian technology for "their" space programs.

We all have something to contribute!

Read "The Geography of Thought" by Richard E. Nisbett.
Beylerbeyi View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Beylerbeyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Sep-2008 at 14:00
Oh no, another nazi with lenoardo avatar!

Let us not forgot the six-thousand-year Western technological advantage: The wheel was introduced to Asia via the West;

Bollocks. The wheel originates from Mesapotamia. Which is in Asia.

chemicals and batteries and advanced social-systems were developed by the Aryan empires (Egyptian, Persian, and Northern Indian);

Egypt was not an Aryan empire. What's more, Westerners are not Aryan, Iranians, Indians and Gypsies are.

the Greek Antikythera device (an analogue computer) manufactured in 82B.C. was used to identify constellations;

Ancient (and modern) Greeks are Mediterraneans, both genetically and culturally, and not Westerners.

Nikola Tesla, the Serbian father of the 21st century.

Why Tesla? Must be a neo-nazi thing. Anyway he was a Southern Slav, not a Westerner. 

if your genetic combination does not allow for creativity and flexibility -- y' can't move ahead.

Take your racist garbage to stormfront org. There you will find people as creative and flexible yourself, so that they invent fairy tales about Aryan Egyptians, believe in 6000 year Western technological superiority...

Even now, China and Korea are using Russian technology for "their" space programs.

Even now you are using Sumerian technology for writing this garbage. Just remember that when the Sumerians (a people who spoke a non-indo-european language, whose true name literally means 'those with black hair') invented writing, the wheel, cities, etc. etc. your superior Western people were living in caves...
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Sep-2008 at 14:55
Aurorum, after reading your posts you do tend to appear to only know of black and white. You have also shown a lack of intellectual capacity necessary for proper and objective dialogue. Being that is the case, Bey has observed your racist remarks as a threat to educated discussions and to our patience. I second his notion that you are better off at stormfront. Adios!

Darius of Parsa View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
King of Kings

Quote Darius of Parsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Sep-2008 at 15:31
I don't think he was being racist at all...
What is the officer problem?
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Sep-2008 at 15:55
I just hope his saying about Aryans has not been considered as racist!

Edited by Cyrus Shahmiri - 30-Sep-2008 at 15:03
Byzantine Emperor View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Kastrophylax kai Tzaousios

Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Sep-2008 at 16:10
This specific statement, along with the general candor of some of his other posts, is the one which made him suspect:

Originally posted by Aurorum

Discovery and progress is difficult in societies which hold tradition above exploration; and if y' can't think of alternatives -- if your genetic combination does not allow for creativity and flexibility -- y' can't move ahead.

Slayertplsko View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Slayertplsko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Sep-2008 at 17:00

Let us not forgot the six-thousand-year Western technological advantage: The wheel was introduced to Asia via the West;

Let us not forgEt that Mesopotamia is actually situated in Asia.

chemicals and batteries and advanced social-systems were developed by the Aryan empires (Egyptian, Persian, and Northern Indian)

I think you left a few Semitic empires of great imporance out...why?? And you claimed Egyptians to be Aryan. Ouch...

And about the Northern Indian civilisation, do you mean Harappa?? Because that one wasn't Aryan either.

Where are you from?

Edited by Slayertplsko - 29-Sep-2008 at 17:38
A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open.
ApologeticAurorum View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Suspended

Quote ApologeticAurorum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Sep-2008 at 22:01
Originally posted by Beylerbeyi

Oh no, another nazi with lenoardo avatar!

Eep! It was the best information I had! I'm sorry! Cry

Bollocks. The wheel originates from Mesapotamia. Which is in Asia.

I meant West of the Far East. Tongue ... Ouch

Egypt was not an Aryan empire. What's more, Westerners are not Aryan, Iranians, Indians and Gypsies are.

I didn't say they were... Cry

Ancient (and modern) Greeks are Mediterraneans, both genetically and culturally, and not Westerners.

Oh! Okay. Smile

Why Tesla? Must be a neo-nazi thing. Anyway he was a Southern Slav, not a Westerner.

I'm not a neo-nazi... Ouch

If I'm part Slav, am I not a Westerner?

Just remember that when the Sumerians (a people who spoke a non-indo-european language, whose true name literally means 'those with black hair') invented writing, the wheel, cities, etc. etc. your superior Western people were living in caves...

I will certainly keep these things in mind!

Thank you very much! I apologize for coming across as insensitive and racist! I am not either! Cry

I have now learned! There is no further reason to propagate incorrect data. Embarrassed
ApologeticAurorum View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Suspended

Quote ApologeticAurorum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Sep-2008 at 22:02
Originally posted by Byzantine Emperor

This specific statement, along with the general candor of some of his other posts, is the one which made him suspect.

I'm sorry, again. I did not mean to be rude.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Sep-2008 at 22:10
For anyone interested, Aurorum was not simply banned for one post. Other posts were also taken into consideration. Notice how the last sentence is racist. Now I hope the rest of you are clear as to his banishment so please go back to posting and let the staff go back to moderating!

Auruorums other interesting post:

The Koreans even developed an alphabet.

Despite being closer than the Far Easterners to the inventors of the wheel, West Africans did not manage to use the wheel very often.

They have, however, successfully attached really, really large and shiny spinning things onto cars in those united States.

Being that you have illegally came back your new username is also banned!

Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2008 at 06:08
Originally posted by Byzantine Emperor

This specific statement, along with the general candor of some of his other posts, is the one which made him suspect:

Ok, but I write this scientific statement somewhere to remember it.

Discovery and progress is difficult in societies which hold tradition above exploration. Clap
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Beylerbeyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2008 at 13:45
Aurorum used neo-nazi symbolism (suspicious name and avatar), ideas (only place I know which claims that the Ancient Egyptians are 'Aryan' is the stormfront.org), which made him suspect and he topped that by explicitly writing that non-western people are genetically inferior, confirming my suspicions. That's why I confronted him. Maybe he was just a clueless teen who's read stormfront shit and tought it was cool, in which case he could be rehabilitated. Would be interesting to see his reply to my post (the one he wrote was after he got banned, so probably does not show his real reaction).

Btw, Cyrus and Darius, you are really naive thinking that when these people praise 'Aryans' they praise the Iranians... They don't. For them Germanics etc. are Aryan, Iranians are subhumans. They believe ancient Iranians were like Germans (blond and intelligent), but they mixed with inferior peoples so today's Iranians are no longer white and intelligent...  This is 19th century European racism, last great example of course was the nazis who called themselves Aryan but massaccred the Gypsies who are the real Aryans.

And if any of these types tell you that you are white, that is only because they want to divide your nation and steal your history. Don't fall for that. Zagros is good in this aspect.
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2008 at 15:18
Btw, Cyrus and Darius, you are really naive thinking that when these people praise 'Aryans' they praise the Iranians...

We don't need to be praised and we don't claim to be the only Aryan people in the world but Iran without Aryan has no meaning, if someone says "Aryans" were a great people and then you call him a racist, you have in fact insulted the whole Iranian peoples.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Beylerbeyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2008 at 15:24
We don't need to be praised and we don't claim to be the only Aryan people in the world but Iran without Aryan has no meaning, if someone says "Aryans" were a great people and then you call him a racist, you have in fact insulted the whole Iranian peoples.

Yes you are extremely naive.
Darius of Parsa View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
King of Kings

Quote Darius of Parsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2008 at 15:34
What he said about Aryan people does not make him racist. He did not put down any race. In fact if you call him racist then you are are degrading many factions, as Cyrus has already said. 
What is the officer problem?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>