Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What if Germany won the WW I

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Kapikulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What if Germany won the WW I
    Posted: 08-Dec-2004 at 05:54
Yes interesting topic,lets discuss
We gave up your happiness
Your hope would be enough;
we couldn't find neither;
we made up sorrows for ourselves;
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2004 at 16:58

The US would be isolated and reduced to American continent. While Germany and her allies would be enjoying the spoils of war.

Imagine England under terms similar to the ones that Germany had to honor.

The British Navy could be reduced to a National Fleet.
The French army reduced with a small fleet.

India and the british colonies in Africa, the French possesions in Africa, Indochina and south america, all under German control.
Poland could never exist.
The recent born USSR under the attack of Germany, USA and Japan.
An increasing influence of Germany in Latin America against the US interest on the area.

Regards

Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2004 at 18:19

I bet it would still be a close run thing, and that Germany wouldnt get very much outside territory, more likely to get land form Russia and the Balkans but as I doubnt the Germans could descisively beat the British fleet I dont think overseas empires would get much from them.

The United States and Japan would become the two most powerful non-German nations, perhaps preventing war betwenn these two from breaking out and more cooperation between them and beaten Britain.

Russia and France would get totally screwed.

But maybe this way theres no holocaust, or if there is its in France or soemthing.

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2004 at 13:44

yeah, there would be no Belgium, German influenced instead of Russian influenced eastern European sattelite countries, maybe brits loosing egypt and/ or Cyprus to ottomans. maybe some gains on the balkans, though I doubt Greece would again loose its independence. Serbia to Austria-Hungary, maybe Venice again too. colonial gains? don't know, if yes, then no major changes, Germany lost immediately all colonies except for one. France would have been severed seriously again. no major changes for britain.

Jagatai Khan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Jeune Turc

Quote Jagatai Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2004 at 16:05

I would have been living in Ottoman Empire.

LeopoldPhilippe View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote LeopoldPhilippe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jun-2015 at 20:24
Wilhelm II would have reigned longer as the Emperor of Germany.       
His son, Crown Prince Wilhelm would have succeeded as Emperor Wilhelm III (or perhaps Friedrich Wilhelm V).      
The Kaiser's daughter-in-law would have become Empress Cecilie.
J.A.W. View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote J.A.W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jun-2015 at 22:50
No way would the British surrender their fleet..

It would be just like when Napoleon before, & Hitler later, ruled continental Europe..

Britain would use its sea-power to retain autonomy..
Be Modest In Thyself..
 Post Reply Post Reply