Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhich is the strongest muslim country at

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 17>
Author
EGETRK View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which is the strongest muslim country at
    Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 11:32
Originally posted by perikles

Well first for pakistan army: I don't find them strong enough to be in the first 3 positions. Look the army quarrel in Afgan borders with the tribes. 348 dead pakistan soldiers in what... 2 months? Fighting rebels. This is not strong army. I believe Turkey has strong army. At least one of the biggest... second in NATO after USA. None knows about Iran. Only speculations...but according to my opinion Egypt has a very good organised and strong army. I think Egypt, Iran and Saudi & Turkey are the strongests. Saudi Arabia spends the year 16 bilion dollars for weapons!!!!

As far as Tsetsens is for laghing.

ps. The strongest navy marines (underneath water)in mediteranean are Greeks. Also the best trained tank divitions in the region are the Greek Black beres. For air force Turkish air force is good only for fighting Kurds. Because we all know what is happening in Aegean. Thats way Turkish air force come in agreement with Israelis for mutual air force training. But it is True that Turkey has really strong ground forces. They are well trained in mountains of Kurdistan.
They have evolved a lot since Cyprus.

Just remember Kardak(İmia)...Your Strongest!!!!! Greatest!!!!Glorius!!!!! Navy were helpless against our only 1 SAT team...Just remember that...Even I don't talk about what happened to your Chief of the General staff!!!
The lands of the of the West may be armored with walls of steel,
But I have borders guarded by the mighty chest of a believer...
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 11:54

Tele, i am not entirely convinced by your arguement and i will leave it at that we agree to disagree.

I will however point out that the land u refer to is "sacred" land. Y is it sacred. It is a "citadel of faith". "brotherhood" "flag of crecent and star" "symbol of almighty's protection", the religious connotations are obvious i would have thought. I c the indian threat translated as hindu threat, u c it as indian threat(i think).

Kapikulu View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 13:11

ps. The strongest navy marines (underneath water)in mediteranean are Greeks. Also the best trained tank divitions in the region are the Greek Black beres. For air force Turkish air force is good only for fighting Kurds. Because we all know what is happening in Aegean. Thats way Turkish air force come in agreement with Israelis for mutual air force training. But it is True that Turkey has really strong ground forces. They are well trained in mountains of Kurdistan.
They have evolved a lot since Cyprus. 

LOLYes, we all know what's happening
We gave up your happiness
Your hope would be enough;
we couldn't find neither;
we made up sorrows for ourselves;
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 13:14
And all that "bravery" talk (LOL) sounds nice and all, but in the end advanced technology is what matters. Bravery is futile against cluster bombs, B-52s, daisy cutters, bunker busters, ICBMs, tomahawks or Popeye Turbos (to name a few).

You can blitz a country to bits but still cannot take it over and rule it if the people don't give inWink Bombing is just the first part, if the people are brave and take up arms and would rather die than be ruled by enemies well its extremely difficult for any country to take that land.
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Batu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 14:55
yep! and Turkish marines are the best in Mediterrian.SAT(underwater assault team) proved it in the crisis of Kardak.

A wizard is never late,nor he is early he arrives exactly when he means to :) ( Gandalf the White in the Third Age of History Empire Of Istari )
TeldeInduz View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 15:23
Originally posted by malizai_

Tele, i am not entirely convinced by your arguement and i will leave it at that we agree to disagree.

I will however point out that the land u refer to is "sacred" land. Y is it sacred. It is a "citadel of faith". "brotherhood" "flag of crecent and star" "symbol of almighty's protection", the religious connotations are obvious i would have thought. I c the indian threat translated as hindu threat, u c it as indian threat(i think).

You're reading it wrong in my opinion. You can clearly see the anthem is talking about Pakistan's land being sacred, blessed, glorious. This is mild I would say for any national anthem. It's just not the sort of "vanguards of all things Islam" that you mentioned. I don't see it - Vanguards of the "sacred" land of Pakistan, sure.

Sure it mentions that Pakistan is a sacred land, glorious and a bounteous realm, but it's standard as far as anthems go? This is a way of saying that Pakistanis should or are defenders of the land. The anthem is mildly religious in tone, but you compare it with the Indian one and say which one has the greater religious tone -  the Turkish one has a slight religious tone also, nevermind the Iranian one (though it's difficult to say which one they use).

Pakistan Anthem (focus on land IMO)

Blessed be the sacred land,
Happy be bounteous realm,
Symbol of high resolve,
Land of Pakistan.
Blessed be thou citadel of faith.
The Order of this Sacred Land
Is the might of the brotherhood of the people.
May the nation, the country, and the State
Shine in glory everlasting.
Blessed be the goal of our ambition.
This flag of the Cresent and the Star
Leads the way to progress and perfection,
Interpreter of our past,
glory of our present,
Inspiration of our future,
Symbol of Almighty's protection.

Indian National Anthem (focus on God)

Thou are the ruler of the minds of all people, dispenser of India's destiny.
The name rouses the hearts of Punjab, Sind, Gujurat and Maratha. Of the Dravid and Orissa and Bengal.
It Echoes in the hills of Vindhyas and Himalayas, mingles in the music of Yamuna and Ganga and is chanted by the waves of the Indian Sea.
They pray for your blessing and sing thy praise. The salvation of all peaople is thy hand, thou dispenser of India's destiny. Victory, Victory, Victory to thee.

Turkish National Anthem 
Fear not, the crimson flag, waving in these dawns will never fade
Before the last hearth that is burning in my nation vanishes.
That is my nation's star, it will shine;
That is mine, it belongs solely to my nation.

Oh coy crescent do not frown for I am ready to sacrifice myself for you!
Please smile upon my heroic nation, why that anger, why that rage?
If you frown, our blood shed for you will not be worthy.
Freedom is the right of my nation who worships God and seeks what is right.

Edited by TeldeInduz - 18-Sep-2006 at 15:38
Quoo-ray sha quadou sarre.................
Scorpius View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 15:48
Originally posted by TeldeInduz

the Turkish one has a slight religious tone also, nevermind the Iranian one (though it's difficult to say which one they use).

If we read the rest of turkish national anthem , it is clear that it contains the elements of religion and love of the country and the sacrifice for both of these concepts. Below is the rest of the anthem:

Turkish National Anthem   (continued from the post of TeleInduz)

I have been free since the beginning and forever will be so.
What madman shall put me in chains! I defy the very idea!
I'm like the roaring flood; powerful and independent,
I'll tear apart mountains, exceed the heavens and still gush out!

The lands of the of the West may be armored with walls of steel,
But I have borders guarded by the mighty chest of a believer.
Recognize your innate strength! And think: how can this fiery faith ever be killed,
By that battered, single-toothed monster you call "civilization"?

My friend! Leave not my homeland to the hands of villainous men!
Render your chest as armor! Stop this disgraceful rush!
For soon shall be come the day of promised freedom...
Who knows? Perhaps tomorrow? Perhaps even sooner!

See not the soil you tread on as mere earth,
But think about the thousands beneath you that lie without even shrouds.
You're the noble son of a martyr, take shame, hurt not your ancestor!
Unhand not, even when you're promised worlds, this paradise of a homeland.

What man would not die for this heavenly piece of land?
Martyrs would gush out if you just squeeze the soil! Martyrs!
May God take all my loved ones and possessions from me if he will,
But may he not deprive me of my one true homeland for the world.

O Lord, the sole wish of my heart is that,
No infidel's hand should touch the bosom of my temple.
These adhans, the shahadah of which is the base of the religion,
Shall sound loud over my eternal homeland.
Then my tombstone - if there is one - will a thousand times touch its forehead on earth (like in salah) in ecstasy,

O Lord, tears of blood flowing out of my every wound,
My corpse will gush out from the earth like a spirit,
And then, my head will perhaps rise and reach the heavens.

So flap and wave like the dawning sky, oh glorious crescent,
So that our every last drop of blood may finally be worthy!
Neither you nor my nation shall ever be extinguished!
For freedom is the absolute right of my ever-free flag;
For freedom is the absolute right of my God-worshipping nation!

Edit: HTML tags.

Edited by Scorpius - 18-Sep-2006 at 15:49
vulkan02 View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Termythinator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 15:54
Cool lyrics... i like the second paragraph especially where civilization is involved.
The beginning of a revolution is in reality the end of a belief - Le Bon
Destroy first and construction will look after itself - Mao
Jagatai Khan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Jeune Turc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 16:05
Turkish Army looks to the nukes behind Ataturk's "Peace in country, peace in world" saying:

http://www.tsk.mil.tr/eng/diger_konular/kitleimhasilahlari.htm
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 19:00

I think the Turksih anthem although it is the first time i have read it is quite supportive of the reasons i drew. Their anthem is heavy(understatement) on perserving a martial tradition,  being brave and sacrificing all. Smile Nice anthem by the way.

TeldeInduz View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 20:14
It's heavy on warrior tone, sacrifice, true, it's also heavier on religion - it's altogether a more passionate anthem..

Edited by TeldeInduz - 18-Sep-2006 at 20:28
Quoo-ray sha quadou sarre.................
Pacifist View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 21:46
Originally posted by Bulldog

You can blitz a country to bits but still cannot take it over and rule it if the people don't give inWink Bombing is just the first part, if the people are brave and take up arms and would rather die than be ruled by enemies well its extremely difficult for any country to take that land.
I agree, on the other hand, a technologically advanced nation can "wipe out" a technologically weak nation.

Secondly, a technologically advanced nation cannot be taken over by other nations.. Israel is a classic example.. ;)  technology truly is tremendously important.

Edited by Pacifist - 18-Sep-2006 at 21:59

perikles View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 02:55
In imia the Turkish marines come from an existing boat. THe Greeks marines had trapped the west island where the turkish commandos went. But the orders of the Headquarters was not to attack them,because the BIG DADY did.t want to. I also would like to remembind you that the half of the Greek fleet was there the other half was heading up to nothern Aegean. The turkish fleet was present at the region by its 3/4. I also would like to remind you that the Imia are at Turkish Greek borders. The turkish fleet is really close. The Greek ships start their Jpurney from Salamina (At least the maojority).

Don't speak about Imia. The mighty Turkish grandound tank division was stuck in the River Evros. After the tens you were tring to unstuck them for a week. Don't speak about Imia because you don't know.
Turks are strong but not superpower. It is a strong well armoured Islamic country. No comparison with the strong Europeans or Israel. I hade wrote my opinion
Samos national guard.

260 days left.
perikles View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 02:57
Technolgically advance nation can loose by a week ones. The examples are many. USA vs Vietnam
USSR vs Afghanistan, Italy vs Greece. etc
Samos national guard.

260 days left.
Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 03:17
How can the pakis claim islam as the basis of their nationality & the fact that Pak was formed as safe heaven for the muslims is pure rubbish. India has much more muslims than pakistan has.

The pakis use the Hindu propoganda to whitewash the minds of ther population. India is a truly secular country with a muslim president, who was fielded by the so called nationalist party of India the BJP.

The muslims in India are also more well off than those in Pak.

The real reason is that Pak has no tradition of democracy. Every few years some dictator siezes power & starts crying India India to keep the people off the real issues.

Its just an inferiority complex & a political tool that pais cannot get over with.

They try to claim Islam as an identity only because without that Pak has no reason to exist as a nation. (There being more Indian muslims)

PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 03:28
In reality pak was created due to two reasons, none of them being Islam. :

1. The Brits had already decided to grant independence to india before the war. But they wanted to have a say in the region even after leaving. So they came back with their concept of divide & rule. they started  promoting the Muslim League. becaaue they knew that the Hindus  will never  be with them. The Indian freedom struggle was predominantly Hindu.

The british found a good answer in Jinnah, a western educated rich aristocratic, liquor drinking & pork eating muslim who was popular in the community as an alternative to Nehru.

However although Jinna becam popular with the muslims, he could not becoms a national leader as he never participated  in the freedom struggle & was always with the British.

When a new government of the free nation was being discussed, Jinna wanted to be prime minister. But nobody would have accepted him as the PM since he was pro british. So jinna worked out on carving a separate nation for himself where he could become the prime minister.

Thus pakistan was born.

The tragedy of Pakistan is that the self acclaimed Pious, holy, islamic state was founded by an un islamic, unholy, non paractising, liquor drinking & pork eating  person who was successful in playing religiously divisive politics to suit his & britishers interests.

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 05:44
Vivek it is clear that your only source of history is Bollywood.

Edited by Sparten - 19-Sep-2006 at 05:44
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 06:11
Yes its based on a reality show called " munh me alla, table pe mulla"
perikles View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 06:15
I haven't understand the reason of the anthems!!!
why you presented them?
Open a different thread.I think them oftopic.
If no then we should all write the anthems of our countries or anthems we know.
Samos national guard.

260 days left.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 06:35

I haven't understand the reason of the anthems!!!
why you presented them?
Open a different thread.I think them oftopic.
If no then we should all write the anthems of our countries or anthems we know.

You are right Perikles. Even I cannot think of the logic why these are here !!! But I will open a new thread anyway so Telde brother can put his collection their & I remain in History as the creator of that thread.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 17>