Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Turkish-Azeri-Turkmen Turks cultural conn

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turkish-Azeri-Turkmen Turks cultural conn
    Posted: 19-Oct-2006 at 13:06
OK, is thios Jang e Gonbad from teh 20s when Reza Shah put the Turkmens under control?  I guess not if Shinai was int eh 5th grade.  So can someone give me some information? I am interested!
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2006 at 16:25
Open another thread about it if you want, its unrelated to this thread.

Regards
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

shinai View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote shinai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2006 at 18:32
Zagros I just can say it happend in 1980.
Bulldog I agree with you that Iranian and Turkish culture have many things in common.I can say that we are like two brothers who are not aware of this fact.
Iranians started to knows Turks earlier, many of them speak your languge ,know your music and history, but francly speaking in the education system of Turkey, there is no chance for young Turks to know the world in their neighborhood, They learn more about Turkministan, uzbikistan and many tiny istans more that Iran, Iraq and Yunanistan.
For my Turkish friends, Azeries are azeri speaking Arabs, Iranians are Persian speaking arabs, I guss evry body from middle east should be arab .In Istanbul when I was entering a Bar the bouncer asked me if I am kurdish, I changed my mind to get in to that place. I think in Turkey western form of nationalisem will not let any other nations feel in common with Turks although they have too much in common.

Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Oct-2006 at 11:49
Well then Turkey and Iran should set up joint cultural projects, educational faculties in each other's country and increase communications-media and so on.

Turkmenistan, Ozbekistan etc are also very important, they are the "national root" ie language, historically, identity wise and so on.

Infact as Iran has many Turks aswell using Turki can be very beneficial and help to increase and boost ties and relations with the Turkic states in Central Asia.

Istanbul is a big city, you should visit Igdir, Erzerum, Elazig, Sivas, Kars they speak the same accent as Azeri Turks Wink

I agree with what you you say about "Westernism" and its negative aspects, Iran on this front is succesfull they are rejecting this notion of being Western
and accepting that it makes you modern. Today many Eastern countries
are highly developed/developing and advanced like Japan, Korea, China, India, Malaysia,
Indonesia...

Hopefully Iran and Turkey can realise that there not so different and those
who try to make them hate each other and think one's better than the other
or that they must be against each other and have no relations are actually
the common biggest problem to both these great countries. 
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2006 at 03:49
Well, I've visited Turkey and Turkish people. I've done such a thing. That's why I believe we're not of the same geographical group.
Sajaja bramani totari ta, raitata raitata, radu ridu raitata, rota.
shinai View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote shinai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Oct-2006 at 12:33
For sure, I am planning for a tour to eastern Turkey next year.
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jun-2007 at 15:53
Some folklore traditions.

Al/Albasti/Albasmasi

Al Basti (Also Al Kardai or just Al) is a tormenting feminine night-demon in Turkish folklore (Anatolia, Turkmenistan). Those who she visits are said to wake up in an intense fever. She is also known to steal horses, who are found sweating and exhausted in the morning, and unable to provide a full days work. Due to her torments, she is also known as the "red mother" or "red lady".

Wikipedia

The mother or baby-snatcher is conceived of as disturbing women and newborn babies during accouchement and sometimes even killing them, and may be referred to as AL, al anası, al kızı, al karası, koncoloz, goncoloz, "Cadi" and kara koncoloz.

New mothers resort to a number of practices to protect against the mother or baby-snatcher, who is believed to live in stables, haylofts, mills, deserted ruins, wells, water sources and places where women in accouchement and newborn babies are left alone. Some of these practices are;

- Hanging brooms, Koran, onion, garlic, and blue beads believed to protect against the evil eye in the room where the woman and newborn baby lie,
- Inserting a needle or packing needle under the pillow of the woman or newborn baby,
- Placing sharp tools such as daggers, sickles, knives etc. under the pillow,

If you know Turkish there is a Pdf article about this

Other birth traditions.

The forty-day threshold
- The forty-day precautions

- A woman may not go far from her house until 40 days after childbirth.

- She may not go out of her house at night.

- Koran, amulets, knives and black cumin are placed by the head of a baby for 40 days.

- Such a woman is not left alone in the house at night.

- After the 4oth day, the woman visits her three neighbors first before going any distance away from her house.

- Women and their babies are not allowed to see each other for 40 days.

- Visitors to women within 40 days of childbirth give coins or money in order to protect baby.

- Cats and dogs are not allowed inside the room where there is a baby younger than 40 days; otherwise the skin of the baby turns red.

- Two such women exchange needles in order to bring the period to an end.

- When a woman visits a house within 40 days of giving birth, she pours out water with myrtle leaves before entering the house.
Albert Pine

Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jun-2007 at 16:37

Chileli Agaci

Trees are very important in Turkic societies, often there will be large old trees especially in tomb complexes of saints, old leaders and folk hero's, also in certain areas like the tallest mountain or area of regional significance the locals will tie fabrics, rope, tapestries onto the trees branches for good luck, make prayers and place importance for them.

Turkey

Kazakistan
Albert Pine

aslanlar View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote aslanlar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jun-2007 at 19:57
Nasreddin Hodja. He is known in Turkmenistan and Azerbaijan? Wow, i didn't know that? His stories are amazing, it's been a long time since i've heard of him. My grandmother used to tell me bed-time stories of Nasreddin Hodja. The good old days... Cry
"The league is alright when sparrows dispute but it can do little when eagles argue" -Mussolini
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jul-2007 at 02:27

gok_toruk you should visit turkmen areas in the toros mountains.i have a turkmen friend from antalya at university he looks asiatic but not like mongolians either.he says he is from tekke tribe .i dont know if it is from 9 oghuz tribes.

thats why turkey is called turkey you can find all turkish tribes in different areas of our country.
azeri turks in the eastern especially in kars,erzurum.you can find kazaks kırgızs and tatars at eskişehir region.
turkmens at antalya region. it is not about the forums topic but at fethiye region there is a
 village that ethiopians has been living from 18 th century.
gok_toruk all nation are affected by thier neighbors or by the people they fight.there is not an untouched
 turkmen sociaty in the world and you shouldn' be looking for it.doesn't matter you regret eastern
turkmenistan are effected from chinese or western side from another culture!!we are effected
 from chinese too(according to orkhun) we were their neighbors about 1300 years ago!!of course azeri turks
are effected from persians.and persians are effected from azeri turks.or turkish turks are effected by greeks
that is natural.i find this discussion a bit silly.
Kerimoglu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kerimoglu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2007 at 03:22
I am an Azeri Turk, living in Northern Azerbaijan. We are Turks, and we are turks even more than Turkey Turks. We speak Turkish, we de have a total turkish culture, Our dances are turkish, our food is TUrkish, we Have Ozan and Ashyg, we do prefer meat to enything else, and we are ogyz, Qiniq and BAyat tribes are the origin of Qaraqoyunlu and Agqoyunlu.

Now coming to 30 000 Azeri Turks living in Iran, since 1813 Persians in Iran tried to show Turks there as Persian or Iranian as well. For example Qashqai TUrks there is usually know as Iranian People, and reference goes to persian Racism.

I have also been to Tabriz last year and everyone speaks Turkish there.

Remember Sattarhan, Bagirxan, Xiyabani, Pisheveri and remember that they all claimed they were Turkish and that they fought for independence.

Nasreddin Molla, is very famous joketeller and he is if Turkish origin.
History is a farm. Nations are farmers. What they planted before will show what is going to grow tomorrow!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345