Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Turkish-Azeri-Turkmen Turks cultural conn

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Online Status: Offline
  Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turkish-Azeri-Turkmen Turks cultural conn
    Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 04:57

Just stating your own IDEA with no proofs. Alright, you're also always laughing and making fun.

Why don't you debate the numbers in '9 Oghuz and Sihun Oghuz', the questions in 'Turkmen culture vs Anatolian' and the linguistic differences in 'Northern Turkmen vs Anatolian'?

I suppose this is the time to end this arguement. You claim Turkmens and Turks are the same, but you haven't been able to defend yourself against all those facts. At least, I really don't HAVE to be here to be kind of a 'fun' for people like you and Dayi.

Take your time, look around and maybe you'll get inspired.

Edited by gok_toruk - 18-Sep-2006 at 05:04
Sajaja bramani totari ta, raitata raitata, radu ridu raitata, rota.
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 13:24
Just stating your own IDEA with no proofs.

Your talking about yourself right? It was you was doubting Nasreddin Hodja was a Turk, I bought proof's about who he was. Your the one pretending that Turkmenistan-Azerbaycan-Turkey Turks have nothing in common. I however, don't agree and know its completely the opposite and am bringing Official Turkmenistan Sources to the table!

Why don't you debate the numbers in '9 Oghuz and Sihun Oghuz', the questions in 'Turkmen culture vs Anatolian' and the linguistic differences in 'Northern Turkmen vs Anatolian'?

This is ur personal theory, there are the same people/tribes and their names and banners in Turkmenistan, Azerbaycan, Turkey.

Ofcourse there are also different ones, this is perfectly normal as there is a long geographical distance between the countries, nobody is saying they are "identical".

There are differences between North Eastern and South Western Anatolian Turkish, there;s difference between Geordie, Liverpudlian, London accents in Brittish English, there's differences in Texan, New Yorker accents in American English.

There are regional differences in languages across the world, its a natural part and parcel of linguistics.

However, we must observe the "Official Standard Language" of the countries.

The Official Standard Turkish of Azerbaycan, Turkmenistan, Turkey can be read and understood by each other's people.

You claim Turkmens and Turks are the same

This comment is incorrect, Turkmens are Turks so obviously they are the same. Anatolian Turks roots are the Turks of Turkmenistan, the most powerfull states of the Anatolian Turks, Selchuks and Ottomans were from Turkmenistan, the huge Oguz Turk migration was from Turkmenistan area.

These are facts.

You seem to believe that "your" subjective views are facts when they are merely your views, everyone is entitled to their views but is not entitled to try and force their views on others just because "they" think their right and everyone else is wrong.

Are you going to call the official Turkmenistan sources a pack of lies?

Edited by Bulldog - 19-Sep-2006 at 08:54
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 11:46

It's you who's always neglecting historical points. You, either have neglected what those historians have said or just ADVERTISING Turks and Turkmens are really similar (not the same). Alright, let's say I don't know much about Turkey; I'm on a misson (as Osmanli says) to seprate Turks and Turkmens (people of Turkmenistan are Turkmens; not Turks). But I've listed facts historians have mentioned. YOU HAVEN'T ANSWERED MY QUESTIONS. You claim you're right while I'm not, on this topic. Let's say I don't know anything; but how come you can't answer these questions? You're all getting angry and using improper language. See, I can use the same over you. I won't confront with you on such a matter; simply becuase this is a public forum; not a place for our quarrel.

It's not my personal theory. If you think so, you haven't even read what I've written. Iranian historians are not trustable? Anyhow, they're the people who've talked the most about Turks after living Mongolia.

Yeah, the official languages are SOMEHOW related. I'm sure, though you won't understand Turkmen totally when it comes to hear it. You claim you've talked with Turkmens? Alright, so get online and I'll see if you really understand the official Turkmen. Anyhow, this IS official; but not the most correct. This is slightest dialect chosen as official; because this is the accent used by the dominanat tribe Tekke (ofcourse for the time being). The parliment and officals are mostly chosen from Tekkes. In fact, these people are those who control everything here. That's why that's offical. I just wanted to explain this; cause it seems like you didn't know this. Or else, you wouldn't keep saying 'offical Turkmen is the most proper Turkmen'. 

You haven't even read the posts and the refrences. Even if you did, YOU AREN'T ABLE TO ANSWER THE QUESTIONS.

Read the starting posts again and you'll see if these are my own ideas.

Edited by gok_toruk - 19-Sep-2006 at 11:51
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 15:59
It's you who's always neglecting historical points.

Its you its me its you its him its her its......common now how childish.

You don't present any historical points, you just present your subjective views and try to manipulate history to make it seem kind of believable.

You, either have neglected what those historians have said or just ADVERTISING Turks and Turkmens are really similar (not the same). Alright, let's say I don't know much about Turkey; I'm on a misson (as Osmanli says) to seprate Turks and Turkmens (people of Turkmenistan are Turkmens; not Turks).

Hey its not just me saying it, THIS IS OFFICIAL TURKMENISTAN MATERIAL MY FRIEND, not just some crazy stories somebody invented.

Turks in general have similarities obviously, however, Turkmenistan, Azerbaycan, Turkey Turks really do have alot in common and this is all I'm pointing out.

Official Turkmenistan-Azerbaycan-Turkey Turkish can be understood and read by Turks of each country. There are cultural, historical, literary connections and a bond between the people.

People of Turkmenistan are Turks so I don't know why your so confused about this.

If Turkey was called Anatoley they'd still be Turks, TRNC Northern Cyprus- the country isn't called Turk etc but they;re Turks. These are basic errors that I'm suprised you could make.

Are Gagauz Gagauzians? Uygurs Uygurians etc no there Turks.

Jordan, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Yemen etc are all Arabs, they have big differences in dialect aswell but the standard Arabic is understood by the Arabs.

YOU HAVEN'T ANSWERED MY QUESTIONS

Question on Nasreddin Hodja=Answered, on Koroglu=answered and so on, its you not answering questions my friend.

It's not my personal theory. If you think so, you haven't even read what I've written. Iranian historians are not trustable?

Most are as trustable as a Turkish historian is trustable when being a historian on Kurds.

I find "primary sources" analyses' by reputable independant historians with little emotional relation to the history their commenting on and the "secondary sources" they research to be far more reliable.

If you listen to biased historians too much you'll end up believing stories like Nasreddin Hoca miracullously being a PersianConfused when the rest of the world knows he was a Turk.

Yeah, the official languages are SOMEHOW related. I'm sure, though you won't understand Turkmen totally when it comes to hear it. You claim you've talked with Turkmens? Alright, so get online and I'll see if you really understand the official Turkmen. Anyhow, this IS official; but not the most correct. This is slightest dialect chosen as official; because this is the accent used by the dominanat tribe Tekke (ofcourse for the time being). The parliment and officals are mostly chosen from Tekkes. In fact, these people are those who control everything here. That's why that's offical. I just wanted to explain this;

You don't know what I am, for all you know I could be a TurkmenWink Tekke and the accents shared by many others very similar to this are the majority in Turkmenistan. There are many relatives of Tekke's who are in Turkey and also who were among the first Turks to populate Anatolia. Turkmenistan state realises this and promotes the fact most Turks West of Turkmenistan are relatives of Turkmenistan Turks and began there.

Its nothing bad, its great for Turkmenistan the state realises this and promotes it, the roots of most Turks West of Turkmenistan are from Turkmenistan and they're proud of this.

Why are you getting so annoyed? don't you want to accept these realities?

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2006 at 17:29
Lets see what the amazing Miras National Cultural Heritage Centre of Turkmenistan has to offer.

This series of the rarities of the Turkmen literature started with the publication of the two-volume work of a famous Turkmen historian of the 15th century Yazyjy ogly Ali The History of the Turkmen- Seljuks. The manuscript of this work is mentioned under the title Taryhi eli Seljuk ( History of the Seljuks Ancestors) and Oghuznamah but according to the scientists- historians it was more famous as Seljuknamah or The History of the Turkmen-Seljuks which corresponds to the main contents of the narration. Unfortunately, the information on the biographical data about Yazyjy ogly Ali has not practically been preserved. It is only known that he lived in the 15th century, in the period of ruling of Sultan Murad II and that he was a highly-educated man perfectly knowing the works of his predecessors, the outstanding ancient historians.

If we turn to the chronology of the events described by the author, we can draw a conclusion that this work was written in about 1423-1436. To make his narration more trustworthy, the author used written sources, evidence and facts from the history of the dynasty. The books give much information on the time of ruling of the Seljuk dynasty and on the state established by them. The author gives a thorough analysis of the inner state of the Seljuk state and tells about the struggle of the sultans against their enemies. Great attention is paid to the culture and art of that time.

The work of Hoja Ahmed Yasavi, one of the founders of the Oghuz Turkmen literature, Hikmety, instructions and teachings of a religious character rendered in a remarkable poetic form was published on the basis of a great number (more than 100) of versions of the manuscripts, ancients examples kept in the National Institute of Manuscripts.
Thus during the years of independence such books as Yagsyzadalaryn bahary (Spring of Benefactors)were translated into and published in Turkmen in six volumes for the first time as well as the collections of the poems of Yunus Emre.....the collection Divan written by one of the outstanding literary men of the Orient Zahir ed-Din Muhammed Babur and some others cause special interest.

Inna BUROVA

How interesting, the Selchuk Turks are Turkmen-Oghuz.

Oghuzname is another epic shared by Turkmenistan-Azerbaycan-Turkey Turks and has a place in Miras Centre.

A basic intro to Oguzname Oghuz Khan Dastany.

What about Yunus Emre he was from Anatolia-Turkey ofcourse he was an Oguz-Turk(Turkmen) Turkmenistan recognises this and has bought his Poetry and philosophy
now to Turkmenistan - He was a brilliant humanist and one who broke down philosophy to all of society not just the educated elites.

"Let us Love and be Loved"

"The world is my true ration Its people are my nation."

"True faith is in the head, not in the headgear.

http://www.stwing.upenn.edu/~durduran/yunus/

And "Ahmed Yasavi" is very respected in Turkey as Turkmenistan and the rest
of TUrkistan. Haci Bektashi was from his school and was a driving force in the
spread of Islam in Turkey and the Balkans.

And Babur Khan's autobiography is also there.

Turkmenistan's policy is not to try and divide and hate all Turks, its to build bridges and ties
and embrace this special bond.
Albert Pine

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2006 at 05:44

YOU HAVEN'T ANSWERED THE QUESTIONS. About Koroghlu and Molla Nasreddin, you're just telling us about your own idea. It's not an answer; it's your own personal idea. You say Koroghlu was Turkmen; I say Ozbeks, but believe he was an Ozbek; so we can't be sure, for the time being. You say Molla Nasreddin is Turk; I say Iranians say he was Iranian. You talk about refrences? Well, I'll suggest 'Navayi' poems about Koroghlu. About Molla Nasreddin, virtually all Iranian social books have mentioned such a person.

People of Turkmenistan are Turkmens. You're not from the core family of the empire GokTurk, to be considered Turk. You're Oghuz; but just as a contract, you classified as Turk (this does not mean you're Turk). For we Central Asians, we're first Turkmen or Ozbek or Kazak or Kyrkiz, and then you could classify us the way you want. That's why when you say to an Ozbek you're originally a Turk, he'll disagree with you. I'm not the representative, alright? But what was Savdagar talking about? He, as an Ozbek, didn't believe he was a Turk. Anyhow, you might say 'your name shows it'. But I'd reply, 'Turkmen' is the name GIVEN to descendants of 9 Oghuz, especially by Iranians. Iranians classified all Turkic speaking people as 'Turk'; but this does not necessarily mean they were all from the core tribe 'Turk'.

The written language might be SOMEHOW understood; but definately, you won't understand much when it comes to hear the language. Even in written language, Turkish people don't understand word by word; but they would get the total meanig. This is anyhow for OFFICIAl language. Why are you neglecting the differences I've been talking about in 'Northern Turkmen vs Anatolian'? The STRUCTUREs are different.

I agree with you we've got a lot in common; just because we all are of the Turkic family. In most cases, we share the common Turkic heritage. Ofcourse, we are closer, compared to Kiptchaks. But, we're not as close as you might think. You haven't been here. Turks aren't considered as friendly as you might think. See, You and I have studied history. WE know we're classified as 'Turks' (althought we're not really Turks; let's say we're Turkic speaking). Now, ask a normal Turkmen, I mean somebody who'se not familiar with history, the same questions 'are you a Turk'?'. He would say 'no, I'm a Turkmen' right away. I know you'll say agian 'you're not the only Turkmen here'. Alright, but you haven't been in Turkmenistan. You're just using some online texts which are really questionable for their validity. I accept we're all Turk(ic speaking)s; but as a Turkmen, a Turk is a foreigner, somehow European for me. You THINK our cultures are similar. But the fact is that a Turkish is easily distinguished from a Turkmen at the first sight; because his LIFE and the way he behaves really differs from that of a Turkmen.

No, ..., YOU HAVEN'T ANSWER MY QUESTIONS; you're stating your own idea.

You just think so. Iranians honor people like 'Nadir Shah,'Safavids'. They believe Saljughiyans were the greatest empire in Iran's history. Also, Ghaznavids are described like this. The thing is that, you don't know anythig about all those famous Iranian books. Virtually all documents on Turks after then left Mongolia is Iranian.

You don't know anything about Turkmens, I told you. Tekkes are not the majority here. They're just owners of the parliament.

Realities? Tekkes relatives in Turkey, realties? The literal Tekke is different from that of Turkish. This is even farther than what you might think.

I'm not anoyed. YOU are all getting angry. I'm quite relaxed; it's very rare to find a Turkmen who thinks like you.

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2006 at 05:48
These are all Turkic legends and literature. Oghuz Qaqa is Turkmen's father (9 Oghuz), but Uighurs also claim Oghuz Qaqa is their father. In their Oghuznama, it's written 'men Uighurlarnyng qaghany men' (I'm Uighur's Kagan). They're not Oghuz. So what?

Try to defend yourself in 'Turkmen culture vs Anatolian' or 'Northen Turkmen vs Anatolian'. It seems like you're trying to put your thread on top of the others. Or you're not able to answer questions in my threads.

These are my own ideas, huh?

Edited by gok_toruk - 20-Sep-2006 at 05:50
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2006 at 07:13
About Koroghlu and Molla Nasreddin, you're just telling us about your own idea.

Really? would you care to read the sources I have given, none are my views there not even views of Turks which I purposely did to avoid bias.

Calling Nasreddin Hodja, Mollah Nasreddin just proves what I've been saying all along about your perspectives.

Now this time, try to actually read and understand that you do not hold the ultimate truth to everything in this world.

Celebration of anniversaries

The General Conference,

Having taken note of 146 EX/Decision 9.2 and 147 EX/Decision 8.7,

Decides that:

(a) UNESCO shall be associated in 1996-1997 with the following celebrations:

(xxix) seven hundredth anniversary of the death of the Turkish humorist Nasreddin

Hoca, Hodja ( Nasruddin, Goha) (1996);

http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0010/001018/101803E.pdf#search=%22Supports%20OAU%20Resolution%20CM%2FRES.1603%20(LXII)%20%20Nasreddin%20%22

This isn't my idea now is it....

The Turkish Jester by Hoca Nasreddin

Bibliographic Record Creator Nasreddin, Hoca
Translator Borrow, George Henry, 1803-1881
Title The Turkish Jester
or, The Pleasantries of Cogia Nasr Eddin Effendi

http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/16244

Im not the founder of this book, it was translated in 1803 so I don't know how it can be "my views".

Nasreddin Hodja
Tales of the Turkish Trickster
D. L. Ashliman

http://www.pitt.edu/~dash/hodja.html

http://www.cs.biu.ac.il/~schiff/Net/front.html

http://www.saudiaramcoworld.com/issue/197103/a.man.of.many.names.htm

Nope, not my views either but these are examples of the facts and sources which are reliable and which I gather my knowledge on the subject from.

His tomb is in Turkey, his jokes are in Turkish he even has jokes about Persians, he's mentioned in Sari Saltuks Saltukname, works by Cem Sultan brother of Mehmed the Conqueror, in the Paris Bibilioteque, Evliya Celebi......... and so on

Between July 5-10 of each year, International Nasreddin Hodja Festival takes place in Aksheir, where his tomb is.

These are the realities my friend.

Koroglu is an epic for Turks, this isn't just "my idea" its a reality and if you really know about Turkmenistan you know it aswell.

You say Koroghlu was Turkmen; I say Ozbeks, but believe he was an Ozbek

He was a Turk at the time the Koroglu Epic first began there was no term such as "Ozbek", he was a Turk and the Koroglu Epic is repeated throughout Turk communities.

Well, I'll suggest 'Navayi' poems about Koroghlu.

You think Navayi was an Ozbek? Navayi influenced the Turks literary world immensely, his works helped flourish Ottoman Turkish literature also, like Fuzulli, Nedim, Baki.......

People of Turkmenistan are Turkmens. You're not from the core family of the empire GokTurk, to be considered Turk. You're Oghuz; but just as a contract, you classified as Turk (this does not mean you're Turk). For we Central Asians, we're first Turkmen or Ozbek or Kazak or Kyrkiz, and then you could classify us the way you want. That's why when you say to an Ozbek you're originally a Turk, he'll disagree with you.

This is extremely basic, I can't believe your comming up with such obscure ideas, so if you arn't directly related to the core family of GokTurks you can't be a Turk. You have real issues with trying to exclude people don't you, who gives You the right to determine who is and isn't whatever they percieve themselves to be.

It depends on whici Ozbek you ask, there are Ozbeks who don't disagree when you called a Turk, there not "originally" Turks, they are Turks. The new generation in Ozbekistan embraces this more than the generations before stuck under the Soviets who ingrained such ideas into people's minds.

Ozbek is a pollitical name, Turk is the ethnicity. There are Ozbeks who are Muslim first, there are Ozbeks who are Turk first there are older generation Ozbeks who are Ozbek first. Stop stereotyping people.

The written language might be SOMEHOW understood; but definately, you won't understand much when it comes to hear the language. Even in written language, Turkish people don't understand word by word; but they would get the total meanig. This is anyhow for OFFICIAl language. Why are you neglecting the differences I've been talking about in 'Northern Turkmen vs Anatolian'?

Because the Official Language is the Official Language not the Northern accents. Now there can ofcourse be regional accents and differences, others could come hear and present accents in Turkey or say Turkish Cypriot or Bulgarian or Gagauz Turkish accents find the most different sounding accent and try to present it as another language.

The North of Turkmenistan is not the most populated area and majority of people in Turkmenistan don't have this accent. So we cannot treat it as the representative of Turkmenistan.

I agree with you we've got a lot in common; just because we all are of the Turkic family. In most cases, we share the common Turkic heritage. Ofcourse, we are closer, compared to Kiptchaks. But, we're not as close as you might think. You haven't been here. Turks aren't considered as friendly as you might think. See, You and I have studied history. WE know we're classified as 'Turks' (althought we're not really Turks; let's say we're Turkic speaking). Now, ask a normal Turkmen, I mean somebody who'se not familiar with history, the same questions 'are you a Turk'?'. He would say 'no, I'm a Turkmen' right away. I know you'll say agian 'you're not the only Turkmen here'. Alright, but you haven't been in Turkmenistan.

I've told you before, I have been to Turkmenistan, I've been to Turkey and briefly to Azerbaijan. This is how I have picked up the many similarities. When I go to these places I know ofcourse there will be differences there is a large geographical distance. However, what amazes and suprises me what the people have in common. There is a clear bond, the people feel it, the social similairites, cultural, historical links can be seen, musical, traditional, culinary etc This is what I find interesting, how did they keep this alive. Turkish language is very versatile and has a strong foundation as the structure is more or less very similar even after living apart for nearly a thousand years in some cases.

I'm not as interested in differences because I expect there to be differences, its stating the obvious.

I was suprised how people in Turkey still feel alot of respect, love and a clear bond to Turkmens and Turkmenistan. They help them out, want to learn about Turkmenistan which is called "AtaYurdu", its amazing to see the people acknowledging this.

Now you have your ignorant, illeterates in all countries, only education and experience can set their minds free, we cannot take them as examples and ruin images of nations because of this minority.

Generally Turkmens do feel Turk and a bond to this as the word Turk is in Turkmen so its natural. But your correct about others, for example some Khirgiz. It depends from Turkic state to state, Kazak's have a stronger feeling of being Turk, Nazabayev says he's a real Turk and Kazak's are proper Turks.

I accept we're all Turk(ic speaking)s; but as a Turkmen, a Turk is a foreigner, somehow European for me. You THINK our cultures are similar. But the fact is that a Turkish is easily distinguished from a Turkmen at the first sight; because his LIFE and the way he behaves really differs from that of a Turkmen.

Your correct to an extent but a Turk is not seen as a "foreigner" in Turkmenistan and vica-versa in Turkey, its like a distant relative you havn't seen for years. Now you havn't seen this person for a long time however, could you call him/her "foreigner" ofcourse not and there would obviously be a bond, connection between the two and you'd both be suprised by what you have in common and be pleased about this.

Also you must not forget, there are many Turkmens in Urban areas now who adopt city life.

Personally I love the nomadic style, its for "freedom". Something suprising about alot of Turks in Turkey is that when you go into their homes they have all their Carpets, Blankets, Fabrics all folded up packed on top of each other in the corner as if their still on the move They like to spend most their time outside the house, they care more about the area they spend in outside the house than inside the house and can easily just get up leave an area and go to another part of Turkey or even other countries. I feel Turks in Turkey have a Semi-Nomadic spirit in them, most are now settled but they still have Nomadic tendancies. Many go to "Yayla" in Summer and move to Lowlands in Winter. They organise events "Senliks" and take Tents and stay there. Soon in "Erciyes" there will be a Kurultay, hundreds of thousands go with Tents and stay in the rural area.

These are all Turkic legends and literature. Oghuz Qaqa is Turkmen's father (9 Oghuz), but Uighurs also claim Oghuz Qaqa is their father. In their Oghuznama, it's written 'men Uighurlarnyng qaghany men' (I'm Uighur's Kagan).

The Oghuznama also is called Hun-Turk epic, its so old that its shared by all Turks as back then there was not as many Turk branches.

Edited by Bulldog - 20-Sep-2006 at 07:15
Albert Pine

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2006 at 12:22

I've provide you with some documents also. Becuase you don't know Persian or whatever, you think they're not trustable. How come I should accept only yours? You don't hold the ultimate truth in the world either. In fact, you lack reach to a great treasury of Iranian texts about Turks. You say Iranians are wrong when they say Molla Nasreddin was Iranian. Anybody could use the same sentence over you.

If they were Turks, so you can't use them to demonstrate a special relationship between two nations. These are common TURKIC HERITAGE, as you yourself mention.

Navayi was born Ozbek and spoke Ozbek. It has nothing to do with our conversation if he's affected the Turkic literature.

Does all people living in Turkey who speak Turkish and practice Turkish culture, have something to do with people of Ankara or Istanbul, since they are government's representatives (I mean governers live there)?

Ozbeks like Turkmens don't believe they're (first) Turk. I'm not the representative? Savdogar is.

'Tekke' wouldn't be the official language anymore as soon the government changes (not let's stick to our topic and leave Politics). Eastern Turkish people speak mostly a dialect very close to Azeri, rather than Istanbul Turkish. But when it comes to be accepted by your society, they all speak Istanbul Turkish, as the offical language. The same is for here. Why are giving me a headache Wink? 'Tekke' is not the most correct Turkmen. I'm not the representative? Ask any Turkmen online. Northern Turkmens MIGHT be in minority, but for sure, they're the people who've kept the best Turkmen language and culture.

You've got to define culture. If that's music, dances, language and things like that, we've been talking about this recently. In fact, THESE ARE THE CASES WHICH MAKE TURKMEN AND TURK DIFFERENT. I've told you before, at the time Seljuks lived in Turkmenistan, Turkmens were in Kazakstan.

By the way, I suppose you're getting me wrong. People love Turkmens or Turks. But what does it have to do with this topic? I love Jennifer Lopez Wink, but is she a Turkmen?

Generally, Turkmen don't feel Turk. They feel, first, Cenral Asians, and then, Turk might be a good class.

Turks are respected here (to some extent; at least until they don't exceed the limits); simply becuase everyone's trying to bridge the gap between Turkic Speaking countries and Turkey is the country wich has done a lot in this case. But, this doesn't make a Turk close to Turkmen. Turk is somehow, I told you, European style. Even a city dweller Turkmen is more traditional than a Turkish Turkmen.

Oghuznama is also a TURKIC HERITAGE. You can't use things like this and KorOghlu or Molla Nasreddin to relate Turkmens and Turks together. That's what I've been mentioning. Instead of these Turkic epics, bring live examples.
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2006 at 12:26

By the way, I really appreciate this; I mean being more friendly. Things have come down. I hope this continues always like this.

Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2006 at 15:13
You say Iranians are wrong when they say Molla Nasreddin was Iranian.

I say its wrong because the overwhelming facts, sources and realities explicitly point our Nasreddin Hodja was a Turk.

He's called a Turk by Unesco and now Internationally as the International Nasreddin Hodja festival is held in his home town of "Aksehir" Turkey everyyear. His tomb is there and even his tomb has a suprise joke of its own.

If he was Iranian we need proofs, documents, evidence, place of birth, place of death, commentary by locals and leaders in the area of that time.

But they don't, however, all the above are relevant to Nasreddin Hodja being a Turk. He even has jokes about Persian.

If they were Turks, so you can't use them to demonstrate a special relationship between two nations. These are common TURKIC HERITAGE, as you yourself mention.

Navayi was born Ozbek and spoke Ozbek. It has nothing to do with our conversation if he's affected the Turkic literature.

This is only relevant when non-Turks speak about Turks, in TUrkic communities they refer to each other as Turks and their language generally as "Turki". Navayi spoke as he puts it "Turki" and argued that it was an amazing medium for literature, in his Muhakamat al-Lughatayn ("Judgment between the Two Languages")

It is unfortunately true that the greater superiority, profundity and breadth of Turkish as compared to Persian as a medium for poetry has not yet been realized by everyone... In the early days of my youth I began to perceive a few jewels from the inkwell of my mouth. These jewels had not yet become a string of verse, but jewels from the sea of consciousness which were worthy of being placed on a string of verse began to reach shore, thanks to the nature of the diver. [...] Then I reached the age of comprehension and God (whose praises I recite and who be extolled!) instilled in me sensitivity and attentiveness and a desire for the unique. I realized the necessity of giving thought to Turkish words. The world which came into view was more sublime than 18,000 worlds, and its adorned sky, which I came to know, was higher than nine skies. There I found a treasury of superiority and excellence in which the pearls were more lustrous than the stars. I entered the rose garden. Its roses were more splendid than the stars of heaven, its hallowed ground was untouched by hand or foot, and its myriad wonders were safe from the touch of other hands.

I've told you before, at the time Seljuks lived in Turkmenistan, Turkmens were in Kazakstan.

Not all Seljuks migrated though and not all the Oguz Turks living in Turkmenistan before the mass migration left Turkmenistan area.

By the way, I suppose you're getting me wrong. People love Turkmens or Turks. But what does it have to do with this topic? I love Jennifer Lopez Wink, but is she a Turkmen?

Who knows, you know the Ottoman policy was to populate any new terrotory first with Turkmens so after they discovered the Carribean (Turks & Kayiks-Caicous islands) they also may have found Peurto Rico and Turkmens seeing the island was full of Jenifer Lopez's went there and married the woman and became rulers of the IslandLOL

I bring up that Turkmenistan-Turkey has bonds because it represents the connections and feeling that there related peoples.

Even a city dweller Turkmen is more traditional than a Turkish Turkmen.

Visit areas outside the major big cities, visit Turkmens in Afyon-Emirdag, Eskisehir, Central Anatolia, Eastern Anatolia, Toros Southern Anatolia you'll see many very traditional Turks keeping Turkmen tradditions which have been preserved for hundreds of years, you'll be suprised.

Oghuznama is also a TURKIC HERITAGE. You can't use things like this and KorOghlu or Molla Nasreddin to relate Turkmens and Turks together. That's what I've been mentioning.

GarajaOglan can thoughSmile and the Ottoman Kayi Banner, the Beyliks-Atabeks Tamga's showing they were from Turkmenistan area and that some Turkmen tribes today have the same signs. Gorkut Ata-Korkut Dede also. I will post the Turkmen motives in  the Turkmen Carpets in today;s Turkey, the musical heritage of Turkey which derives from Turkmenistan etc etc later aswell.

By the way, I really appreciate this; I mean being more friendly. Things have come down. I hope this continues always like this.

MendeSmileSag bol (Turkmens are known for being fiery, stubborn, hospitable and friendly I think this post shows itTongue)
Albert Pine

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2006 at 05:12

We should forget about Molla Nasreddin and people like this; cause you've got your own proofs which I don't accept (!!!) and I've got mine wich you don't accept (!!!).

Buddy, it's just paradox. If he's an Ozbek, so you can't use him to say Turkmen and Turks are somehow the same people. By the way, in Turkic communities like Central Asia, people use the names 'Turkmenche', 'Ozbekche', 'Kazakcha' and 'Kyrkizcha'.  We don't say we speak Turkic (thought we speak it!)

Let's leave the argued topic. Seljuks are said to be ancestors of modern Turkish people which inhabited Turkmenistan sometime in the history. At the time, Turkmens used to live in Kazakstan.

Oh, I hadn't thought of that!!! You might be right when talking about the Island and Jennifer Lopez!!! Anyhow, we ARE somehow related. I'm just talking we're not the same people. We're of different GEOGRAPHICAL groups. I don't say we're not connected. We are; but to some extent which is the common Turkic heritage.

Please, it really seems like you're advertising. Anybody from Turkey is really like a westerner compared to a Turkmen. You just CAN'T compare them.

All those 'tamgha' s are for 24 Sihun Oghuz tribes. TURKMENS ARE CONSISTED OF 9 TRIBES.

These are rather Turkic. S, I, myself, think we can't use them as a proof.

We, for sure, are. But, this is the cyber world. You can't see anybody. That's why we've got such conflicts Wink.

We've been talking about musical instruments on 'Turkmen culture vs Anatolian' lately, with Kotumeyil. Although of Kiptchak origin, but Kazak 'dombra' is much more similar to Turkmen than the Turkish one.

About carpets, we'll see the differences soon.

Edited by gok_toruk - 21-Sep-2006 at 05:13
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2006 at 12:48
We should forget about Molla Nasreddin and people like this; cause you've got your own proofs which I don't accept (!!!) and I've got mine wich you don't accept (!!!).

I've never seen any credible proof, evidence, sources that Nasreddin Hodja was Iranian, if you could show that he was I'd be more than happy to analyse the material. I have read info by some Iranians claiming he was Iranian but it has no substance, basically because they know some of his sotries they think he was Iranian. There is no proof he lived in Iran, died there, that the locals knew and said he lived there etc etc etc

Today the centre of Nasreddin Hodja is "Aksehir" Turkey, he's known as being Turkish, all information written on him by locals, officials of state
even from other countries point out he was a Turk, this is internationally accepted.

Buddy, it's just paradox. If he's an Ozbek, so you can't use him to say Turkmen and Turks are somehow the same people. By the way, in Turkic communities like Central Asia, people use the names 'Turkmenche', 'Ozbekche', 'Kazakcha' and 'Kyrkizcha'.  We don't say we speak Turkic (thought we speak it!)

Your correct to a certain extent but alot of people especially Ozbeks, Uygur, Afgan Turkmens Ozbeks and Turkmens among themselves will say they speak "Turki" when someone outside
the area asks they can say Ozbek or Turki it depends on the person.

In Iran Turks say they speak "Turki" they don't say Azerice.

Let's leave the argued topic. Seljuks are said to be ancestors of modern Turkish people which inhabited Turkmenistan sometime in the history. At the time, Turkmens used to live in Kazakstan.

But the Ottoman Kayi Clan was also from Kazakstan area initially then migrated to Turkmenistan an the todays Turkey.
The Kayi have a clear connection to Turkmenistan, the Turkmenistan State
has sources about the "banner/tamga" which is from Turkmenistan and used by
the Ottomans.

All those 'tamgha' s are for 24 Sihun Oghuz tribes. TURKMENS ARE CONSISTED OF 9 TRIBES.

But there are tribes from the 24 Legendary Oghuz also inhabbit Turkmenistan today and Azerbaycan and TUrkey.

We've been talking about musical instruments on 'Turkmen culture vs Anatolian' lately, with Kotumeyil. Although of Kiptchak origin, but Kazak 'dombra' is much more similar to Turkmen than the Turkish one.

The whole "Ozan" culture derives from Turks-Turkmens and was directly bought from the Turkmenistan area to todays
Turkey and even influenced other nations in the region aswell. The "Ozan"
with some form of "Baglama" is the basic's of this and is still so popular. "Turku"
musical culture is probobly the most famous, loved and respected style of music
in Turkey and Azerbaycan. The "Epics" of Garacaoglan are examples of the great
"Ozans".

Edited by Bulldog - 21-Sep-2006 at 13:59
Albert Pine

DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2006 at 15:48
Gok_toruk said "Turkmens where at Kazakhstan at that time" IIRC, so i'll ask some questions to him:

-where they also called as "Turkmen" when they where in Kazakhstan (wich i dont remember it)? Yes or No?

-if NO, then how dare you to say we (middle eastern to balkan Turkmens) arent "real" (or igi, qul as they say it out there) Turkmen then if you are self being not one at that time, wich our ancestors where called so by youre so-trusted Iranian (and even arabic) historians?

Im searching after the logic.
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2006 at 17:33

Dayi I think Gok_Toruk is trying to explain that the Northern Turkmenisatan tribes are from the Kazakistan region.

As we all know there are the same tribe/clans of Turkmens in Turkmenistan,, Turkey, Azerbaycan, Iran, Balkans. So many examples can be given, Tahtaci Turkmens, Kayi branch, Cepni, Bayat etc etc and today's Official Turkmenistan Turki is based on this, they are mostly in the South and West like "Balkan Welayet".

Gok_Toruk is pointing out that there are also tribes which didn't migrate at all to the West and others which migrated to Tukrmenistan region later.

However, in a world of increasing division, animoscity and conflict
I love to embrace bonds, similarities and connections rather than focus on trying to divide and isolate people. This is why I focus on what the people have in common and they have alot in common.

Iraki Turkmens, Balkan Turkmens, Turkey Turks, Azerbaycan Turks etc feel Turkmenistan area to be their homeland before the big migrations, there is respect and love to the "AtaYurdu". This is a reality.

Lets stop attacking each other and splitting people into real/un-pure Turks and accept people for what they are and promote brotherhood.

Hopefully this topic can continue without bickerin again, sometimes we don't mean to cause offense and can be mis-understood. It's like that famous Turk phrase

"In life one person understood me and even he understood me wrong"Tongue

Lets explain ourselves better and promote our friendships and closeness.
Albert Pine

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2006 at 10:18

That's because you don't know Farsi. To anytime you might continue, but just the way you claim he was Turk, Iranians claim he was Iranian.

Only Turkish and Azeri people believe they speak Turkish. No Turkmen, no Ozbek, no Kazak and no Kyrkiz is like this.

Kayi tribe is one of the southern tribe. In fact, they live (and sometimes considered) with Koklengs who inhabited northeastern Iran and southern Turkmenistan border.

By the way, let me explain something here. When I say Turkmens were livign in Kazakstan at the time, I mean the major 9 tribes. The tribes like 'Kayi' was never a major tribe. It's just a sub family; not even a junior 'boy'.

Turkmens are consisted of 9 tribes; not 24. Why should we repeat the same sentences?

'Ozan' was specific to Sihun Oghuz tribes. Turkmens don't use it. We use 'baqshy'. I explained 'Baghlama' and 'Tamdra' are not similar.

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2006 at 10:23

We expect more form you Dayi. 9 Oghuzes were called Turkmens after living Mongolia. 'Turkmen', 'Ozbek,'Kazak' and 'Kyrkiz' are all national names. So could we say, how could you dare to say you lived in Mongolia when there was no name 'Turkmen', 'Kazak', 'Ozbek' or 'Kyrkiz'?

Is that the logic you're searching for? 9 Oghuz were distinguished from Sihun Oghuzes.

By the way, there was not much famous Turkish historians at the time. Iranians are the historians who have written the most about Turks after living Mongolia. In fact, it was always Turks who rulled after the greatest Iranian empire (Kharazmshahid) until to governments like Zandi. This is almost 1000 years.

Edited by gok_toruk - 22-Sep-2006 at 10:37
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2006 at 10:34

All I'm trying to say is 9 Oghuz and Sihun Oghuzes were not the same tribal confederation. The 9 major Turkmen tribes all lived in Kazakstan (first) before coming to Turkmenistan. 'Kayi' is not a major tribe; it's just a sub-family which is of southern tribes. You're only talking about 2 'southern' tribes Kokleng and Yomut while there exist also 7 other tribes which are really different from Turkish. We are 9 tribes which are different from your 24 tribes.

I might be blind anyhow to see such similarities! Maybe that's why I prefer to say we only share things which are common among most of Turks.

Iraki and Anatolian Turkmens speak a dialect similar to Azeri; in fact Iraqi Turkmen language is considered a dialect of Azeri. We haven't got much in common. A Turkish (let's say any stranger) is easily recognized at the first sight in Turkmeistan. Ozbeks, Kyrkizes and Kazaks are not of Oghuz origin. But, they are closer to Turkmens that Anatolian people. Turkish people are somehow like westerners.

We don't attack. I explained you why Turkmens use 'qul' and 'igi'. Why should you feel offended?

Edited by gok_toruk - 22-Sep-2006 at 10:35
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2006 at 10:47
Originally posted by gok_toruk

We expect more form you Dayi. 9 Oghuzes were called Turkmens after living Mongolia. 'Turkmen', 'Ozbek,'Kazak' and 'Kyrkiz' are all national names. So could we say, how could you dare to say you lived in Mongolia when there was no name 'Turkmen', 'Kazak', 'Ozbek' or 'Kyrkiz'?

They wherent called "Turkmen, ozbek, kazak" or whatever earlyer then that i guess. Chinese knew much more about Turks then the Iranians, they describe us better then those. Also didnt the name Turkmen existed after the Iranians called them "Turk-a manend" or something?

Is that the logic you're searching for? 9 Oghuz were distinguished from Sihun Oghuzes.
sorry i have to read more about "Sihun oghuz" and "9 oghuz", first time i hear sihun oghuz but i trust you and research after it. 

By the way, there was not much famous Turkish historians at the time. Iranians are the historians who have written the most about Turks after living Mongolia. In fact, it was always Turks who rulled after the greatest Iranian empire (Kharazmshahid) until to governments like Zandi. This is almost 1000 years.
No no, dont think what is written in Persian is written by a persian, there where Turkish historians in those times who where appointed by the rulers to write it.

gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2006 at 11:03
Even Chinese historians mentioned Sihun Oghuzes besides from 9 Oghuzes. They were consisted of 10 tribes and whose languag was different from 9 Oghuz.

It's just the way Iranian linguists guess the derviation of the word 'Turkmen' should be like this.

Iranian documents about Turks were written by famous Iranians like 'Beyhaghi' and 'Bal'ami'; not Turks.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>