Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Intelligence VS Savvy

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Wich one?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [42.86%]
4 [57.14%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Online Status: Offline
  Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Intelligence VS Savvy
    Posted: 08-Sep-2006 at 18:14
Which one is more important for a person to have in order to be succesfull in life is it intelligence or savvy(being lets say street smart) there ae a lot of intelligent people who aren't on top of the social pyramid or ecomicly.

do you really think bill gates or steve jobs were the smartest of the early "computer" industry

so what do you think what is more important?

(you savvy mateyWinkLOL)
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2006 at 18:43
combination of both, but if exclusively either, I would say savvy wins.
Aster Thrax Eupator View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Aster Thrax Eupator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 11:25
Yes- I would generally agree. Savvy is important, but if you don't have sufficent intelligence to interpret it and process it then you can't use your "Savvy" very well!
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 11:26
Originally posted by Earl Aster

Yes- I would generally agree. Savvy is important, but if you don't have sufficent intelligence to interpret it and process it then you can't use your "Savvy" very well!
you have a point thereBig smile
I rather be a nomadic barbarian than a sedentary savage
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 16:41
I feel it's a healthy balance of both.  I have worked with people who are off the scale when it comes to IQ, but many of them were as dumb as a box of rocks when it came to ordinary every day common sense.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
The Philosopher View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote The Philosopher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Sep-2006 at 22:14
i agree with red clay.
Aster Thrax Eupator View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Aster Thrax Eupator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Oct-2006 at 05:29
..There are also such limiting factors as EQ, maturity, devoition and experience.
 Post Reply Post Reply