Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Moderator Annoucements

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moderator Annoucements
    Posted: 06-Sep-2006 at 19:11
This thread will now be used for any annoucements we need to make for this forum.

As you are probably aware by now, Digvijay has been banned.

I want to point out that Rajput and Digvijay were not the same person (the former being from New York, the latter from an unknown place in India) and there are no reincarnations of either of them on the forum as of this moment.

-Omar

Edited by Omar al Hashim - 06-Sep-2006 at 19:12
Anujkhamar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2006 at 06:34
Who influences and controls the pakistani Government has been moved to Intellectual Discussions

Balochistan - Start of civil war? has been moved over to Current Affairs.

This is due this forum being meant for historical discussions and not current affairs, there are appropriate forums for such threads.
K. V. Ramakrishna Rao View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote K. V. Ramakrishna Rao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jan-2007 at 23:40

Earlier I posted some of my papers in this forum.

But, when I try now (I have been trying for the last 10 days), it is not posted showing some error.
Will you please help me?
History is not what was written or is written, but it is actually what had happened in the past.
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2007 at 05:44
Oh sorry, didn't see this post here. Is this the Tamil Histiography thread? I said in there it may be best to reduce the size of each post, and post the whole paper over several posts
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2007 at 18:48
Please don't post current affairs topics in this forum. For experienced members there is a current affairs forum for that. For inexperienced members, you have to wait around for a while before you can discuss current affairs
AlokaParyetra View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote AlokaParyetra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2007 at 20:13
i posted something in a thread that was moved to the current affairs section. is there no way i can see other's replies to my post?
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2007 at 00:27
No there isn't any way. The aim is encourage people to discuss history in the forum rather than current affairs.
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2007 at 22:43
empty post,

please ignore
Hellios View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Hellios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2007 at 22:53
Test post, as requested by "Mr. Omar".

King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2007 at 06:42
As a result of people getting death threats about posting on this board. All topics relating to Gujjar and Rajput origins/conflicts are temporarily banned Until a decision has been reached by the administration.
I don't want to do this but better safe than sorry.

At best, those threads will only be locked a few days, but this needs to be discussed by the staff.

Edited by Omar al Hashim - 13-Apr-2007 at 07:00
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2007 at 06:46

Mr Omar rajputana should also be banned as he always does personal attacks

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2007 at 16:42
Originally posted by punjabijaat

Mr Omar rajputana should also be banned as he always does personal attacks

I suggest you PM a moderator/administrator with your complaint about another member. For a new member you seem way out of place. Especially with this:

Originally posted by Punjabijaat

"Mr Rajpootana
                      Your looks justifies the posts made by jaat viru of your anglo indian looks"

**Take this as an informal warning.**
AP Singh View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote AP Singh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2007 at 01:54
Dear Mr. Hashim,
I would request you to remove all non related post to the Topic of the "Size of armies" to some other thread. This not only take focus away from the main topic but also dilutes the power of the topic under discussion.
Regards.
AP Singh
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2007 at 19:38
I'll agree to that. Consider it done.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2007 at 10:15
Hi all
I have been honoured with the position of moderator by the staff of this esteemed forum. My responsibilities include this sub- forum.

Now we have gotten a reputation as a difficult, combative and tricky forum, one that others stay away from. This has got to change. I look forward to history discussion, the opening of new avenues and a broadening of horizons. may I and my collegues never have to use our mod powers ever. I hope that controversial topics can be avoided or at least discussed in a calm, dispassionate and civilised manner. While inane and downright ridiculouse topics will be avoided, or relegated to the plethora of other forums they belong to. Let the history of S Asia not be forgotten in the world of AE.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2007 at 18:56
It is with profond regret I announce that the Gujjar-Rajput discussion has been added to the blacklisted topics of this forum. Any new thread on this topic (or any existing thread that veers in that direction) will be closed, unless it is in the current affairs forum (and is infact a current event).

It is disappointing that we can no longer discuss the relations of two of the most imporatant and interlinked ethnicities in S Asia. But the circumstances forced the mods hand. Please do not let this happen in other topics. Keep the tone civil.

Edited by Sparten - 13-Oct-2007 at 18:56
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2007 at 04:52
The mods are pleased to announce that the special rules for S Asia have now expired and after considering the circumstances we have concluded that there is now no need to renew them. From now S Asian forum will be judged normal forum rules.

Members can justly congratulate themselves on the improvement in the quality and tone of the debate. Keep this up!
 Post Reply Post Reply