Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAncient & modern Greeks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Poll Question: Do you believe that modern Greeks are descedants of ancient Greeks?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
14 [50.00%]
10 [35.71%]
4 [14.29%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
perikles View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ancient & modern Greeks
    Posted: 07-Sep-2006 at 04:51
Patrinos
I totally agree with you. Right now the majoity of Vlachs are in Pindus mountains. They live in Metsovo and in the region were Kalarites vilages are located. It is nort east from the city of Giannena.
qcle 2003
As i said in previus posts the Indo-European theory is no longer supported from Scientific community. PLease don refer to these theory. It is wrong. As it is wrong the evolution theory of species.If you don't believe me just make a uick internet search.

Samos national guard.

260 days left.
gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2006 at 09:39
Originally posted by Patrinos

to qcle 2003
When i say that Greeks are caucasoid( http://www.answers.com/topic/caucasoid-negroid-mongoloid)i mean that we are members of the white subrace like germans,slavs,arabs,jews etc
Which is about as discredited a theory as there is anywhere.

There is no 'white' subrace. Or white race for that matter.

This kind of stuff should have been buried with the Nazis.

and of course i don't mean that we are caucasians like georgians,laz and others. The original turks from the steps near mongolia classified as mongoloids.

That's silly too. There's no 'yellow' subrace either. The only legitimate use of 'Caucasoid' is a linguistic one.

Just to complete the triad, there's no 'black' subrace either.

The whole classification is a primitive and naive system, depending as it does solely on skin colour. (Of course in South Africa it used to be used, but then in South Africa the Japanese were classified as 'white' while the Chinese were classified as 'coloured'. Go figure.)

gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2006 at 09:46
Originally posted by perikles

qcle 2003
As i said in previus posts the Indo-European theory is no longer supported from Scientific community.
What do you mean by the Indo-European theory? Are you denying that an Indo-European language group exists? Or that the people who speak I-E languages aren't related? Or the Indo-European migration theory with regard to north India? Or what?

All of those are theories (in some cases sets of theories) that have widespread scientific acceptance.

PLease don refer to these theory. It is wrong. As it is wrong the evolution theory of species.If you don't believe me just make a uick internet search.

If you're denying evolution there's not too much point in taking you seriously at all. And a 'quick internet search' will locate me all kind of absurd theories and speculations, from the universe being created in 4004 BC to Noah's Ark being there on Ararat to the ancient secrets of Atlantis.

Let's at least try and stay sane.

Edited by gcle2003 - 07-Sep-2006 at 09:47
perikles View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2006 at 09:52
You think i am insane?
PLease behave.
Indo europen theory is not accepted by most scientists nowdays. When i say quick internet search i meant to start using a different kind of search as you used until know (google, yahoo etc.)
All the big universities have on line libraries (You should know that. Because you are sane) and you should enter (Through internet. There is no need to visit all the universities) and read some scientific papers (Of this century. NOt 100 years ago). You will see my point. I never spoke about Abraam and Adam and Eve.Indo European language was only in the minds of a particular scientist becoming from a particular country. I am not refering to that because they will call me racist.I think you know what i mean.
I could give you the links but as you said i am insane and i write rubbish.
Samos national guard.

260 days left.
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2006 at 10:01
To paraphrase Umberto Eco: "you know a person is insane when at some point in a discussion he begins to discredit the Evolution Theory"...

may I add: "while asking to you find the relevant proof by performing an internet search"
The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
perikles View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2006 at 10:16

I don't consider my self descendant of monkeys. There are many things in the past that we don't know. Many strange things.

I have no problem to be insane since there is a Greek say that "from a small boy or Insane you will learn the TRUTH"
xexexe
I have make my research. I know what to believe. I have no need to persuade you. There are democratic rules on this forum (I 'd like to believe). So i said my opinion as a conclusion of the things i have read and hear.
Samos national guard.

260 days left.
alexISS View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2006 at 10:55
Originally posted by Yiannis

To paraphrase Umberto Eco: "you know a person is insane when at some point in a discussion he begins to discredit the Evolution Theory"...

may I add: "while asking to you find the relevant proof by performing an internet search"

LOLLOLLOLLOL

Perikles, we are all descendants of some very, very hairy and dumb looking animals (not necessarily monkeys though) LOL
And what's worse, we are all descendants of a bunch of single-cell organisms..

LOL
"Military justice is to justice what military music is to music" Groucho
Ikki View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Guanarteme

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2006 at 11:08
gcle2003, for our friend perikles the Scientific Comunity is equal to Aris Poulianos and a few friends. True that there are many alternatatives to the indoeuropean theory, that there are others that deny it, but in this case i think that perikles is thinking in other theories more near to Greece...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aris_Poulianos

The Hidden Face View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Ustad-i Azam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2006 at 11:15
Originally posted by alexISS

And what's worse, we are all descendants of a bunch of single-cell organisms..

Sometimes, Knowing that we are no more than some chemical reactions drives me crazy. Awesome consciousness indeed.
alexISS View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2006 at 13:17
Originally posted by The Hidden Face

Sometimes, Knowing that we are no more than some chemical reactions drives me crazy. Awesome consciousness indeed.

Conciousness... an emerging property of the chaotic complexity of the human brain LOLLOLLOLLOL

Edited by alexISS - 07-Sep-2006 at 13:18
"Military justice is to justice what military music is to music" Groucho
akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2006 at 14:04

to qcle 2003
When i say that Greeks are caucasoid( http://www.answers.com/topic/caucasoid-negroid-mongoloid)i mean that we are members of the white subrace like germans,slavs,arabs,jews etc and of course i don't mean that we are caucasians like georgians,laz and others. The original turks from the steps near mongolia classified as mongoloids.
I think that you want to speak for  racial continuity in Greece, that mean Dinaric-Alpine-Mediterranean racial elements. Is the science of the Physical anthropology or paleoanthropolgy, a science that is corpporate with the archaelogy. And explain a lot as about the racial contunuity.I am not speak for genetics.

Edited by akritas - 07-Sep-2006 at 14:05
Patrinos View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2006 at 16:11
to qcle 2003
you said:

If it was nazi's origin theory it wouldn't include the greeks, the jews and the germans in the same race. Nazistic  is to say that one race is supperior to another to what i'm totally opposite.  On the other hand it's clear that mongols greeks and somalians have some obvious differences in which i reffered.You will never listen from me to say about inferior races ( We Greeks have been victims by such idiot theories of Nazis, KKK and neoturks).
akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2006 at 16:30

As i said in previus posts the Indo-European theory is no longer supported from Scientific community. PLease don refer to these theory. It is wrong. As it is wrong the evolution theory of species.If you don't believe me just make a uick internet search.

I agree that the Indo-European theory is unrealistic in many respects, and sometimes I find it hard to beleive but can you tell me one theory that you beleive and is not suit in the meaning of this  thread ?

The most known is the The Paleolithic Continuity Theory (PCT) suggests that the Indo-European languages originated in Europe and have existed there since the Paleolithic. And of cource the Greek influence is located in Lower Macedonia and under as about the Greek peninsula.

The other known theory is the Kurgan hypothesis (Marija Gimbutas) that say the same thinks.Many archaelogists like Adronikos and Hammond supported this theory. The result is the Vergina. 

Edited by akritas - 07-Sep-2006 at 17:16
perikles View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2006 at 02:51
I never refered the name Poulianos, and FYI there is not the only one supports this theory. Anyway why is bad to believe Poulianos?

Yes it is true i love my country. Thank you for calling me nationalist. You think that with saying to me good things you are going to make me like you?
LOLLOL
The difference between me and some others here is that i love my country , my history BUT i respect everyone history and of course i am not pretending that i am guru of history and not nationalist.  I mainly become member in order to learn more.
Samos national guard.

260 days left.
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2006 at 05:51

to qcle 2003
you said:

If it was nazi's origin theory it wouldn't include the greeks, the jews and the germans in the same race. Nazistic  is to say that one race is supperior to another to what i'm totally opposite.  On the other hand it's clear that mongols greeks and somalians have some obvious differences in which i reffered.You will never listen from me to say about inferior races ( We Greeks have been victims by such idiot theories of Nazis, KKK and neoturks).

To those who by default claim that everything invented in Germany during 1930s-1940s is bad and Nazi, I suggest not to drink analgetics, not to fly by jet planes and not to use anything related to space (like GPS) since all this stuff is based on evil Nazi fundamental science and engineering.

Edited by Anton - 08-Sep-2006 at 05:52
Arbr Z View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2006 at 08:42

Vlachs are Greeks.  They lived and still are in Ipeirous. Their language is  some kind of ancient Greek. They have absolutely no relationship with  Albanians or any other gentre.

This sentence is a bright example of culture. I will not answer, as I am not that informed, but instead I would like you to read what George (Yorgos) Padioti writes on the issue of the latinophones, or hellenic vlachs.

Padioti is the general secretary of the assembly of the arumanians (vlachs) in Greece (athens). For those who cannot understand french, this article could be found also in greek and aroumanian (vlach). But in the main site, www.vlachophiles.net, you will find more articles, also in english and in greek. I hope it will bring some light on how the vlachs perceive their culture and origins, and their relations with the greeks and the albanians...Enjoy your reading.
Prej heshtjes...!
perikles View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2006 at 09:37
when Albanians or Roomanians came to the region?

Is there any connection between your language and Vlachs?

Is there any connection etween Greeks and Albanians? I mean as a race and culture.
And what do you mean " This is culture"!!
Because i said that vlachs has no relation with Albanians?
Thats a joke?

I am looking forward for your Answer
Samos national guard.

260 days left.
perikles View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2006 at 10:17
The theory that is more accepteble by scientific community about Vlachs is that of professor Keramopoulos of University of Athens. Firstly Vlachs are calling Arumun according to you.. This occurs by A(I am not)-Rumun(Romanian).
THis name is beeing givn to them by other nations during the centuries. Other names are Koutsoblaxoi etc. Vlachs themselves never considers themselves not Greeks. This are by illegal organizations (Mainly Albanias) which have territory claims from Greece.
Secondly Vlachs were Greek tribes living in the region which were Latinized by Romans. The Vlach language has no alphabet and it is Latin based language. Albanian is also latin based language but between these two language as you already know ,but for some reason your are not admit that, there is no connection.
 BTW i enjoied reading the article. (Not the all because i have better things to do than reading jokes) i ve read almost the half and i couldn't stop laughing. THanks

Edited by perikles - 08-Sep-2006 at 10:19
Samos national guard.

260 days left.
Arbr Z View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2006 at 10:22

Yesterday Perikles, yesterday

Did you bother to read the article on the site I provided???

Is there any connection etween Greeks and Albanians? I mean as a race and culture.

Man, we (albanians) are black, short and narrowminded. We hate the foreigners and we cant stand to the others religion. We think our history is the longest ever, but apparently we dont have history at all, and all the other people who say that the albanians have a history, they are stupid and/or corrupted. And we definitly cant learn foreign languages...How can we have a connection with the almighty Greeks?

Never said this

Never read this on your previous posts

Thats a joke?

Ah, now I got that

This forum is about history, so I guess you should turn your head, and look behind
Prej heshtjes...!
perikles View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2006 at 10:27
Originally posted by Arbλr Z

Yesterday Perikles, yesterday

Did you bother to read the article on the site I provided???

Man, we (albanians) are black, short and narrowminded. We hate the foreigners and we cant stand to the others religion. We think our history is the longest ever, but apparently we dont have history at all, and all the other people who say that the albanians have a history, they are stupid and/or corrupted. And we definitly cant learn foreign languages...How can we have a connection with the almighty Greeks?

Never said this

Never read this on your previous posts

Thats a joke?

Ah, now I got that

This forum is about history, so I guess you should turn your head, and look behind

OK. THIS IS CULTURE.
WELL VERY NICE. Thats why you will always be in the level you are until now. You only vcause trouble in the region. I read the article AS I SAID i could bring 100 articles saing the opposite but there is no need because you will not read them (If you know how to read).
Anyway I will not bother answering you unless you SERIOUSLY answer my questions.Descendant of ILLIRIOUS. xxexexexe

Edited by perikles - 08-Sep-2006 at 10:28
Samos national guard.

260 days left.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>