Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Balochistan - Start of civil war?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Vivek Sharma View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Balochistan - Start of civil war?
    Posted: 07-Sep-2006 at 07:48
As for Maharashtra & Gujarat, what you said is often circulated as jokes. I am from Mumbai, we like to say the same about it. We want Mumbai to be given autonomy as the money we earn is sent to Interior maharashtra. Now Mumbai is the capital of Maharashtra. should we become another nation ?

These are only a few examples, everybody wants to be able to generate & use their own funds & uses this plank to woo the voters. You ahve to realise that India is a truly democratic polity which guarantees freedom of speech & liberty in principle & practice. this plurality of our culture has ensured the survival of the oldest civilization on earth all through the ages.
PATTON NAGAR, Brains win over Brawn
Anujkhamar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2006 at 07:52
Originally posted by vivek sharma

And for a record no tamil ever wanted a tamil country.

A simple google search will show you that is not the case. But the ones that do want a seperate country are a minority, an extremely small minority.
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2006 at 07:56
Originally posted by Vivek Sharma

As for Maharashtra & Gujarat, what you said is often circulated as jokes. I am from Mumbai, we like to say the same about it. We want Mumbai to be given autonomy as the money we earn is sent to Interior maharashtra. Now Mumbai is the capital of Maharashtra. should we become another nation ?

These are only a few examples, everybody wants to be able to generate & use their own funds & uses this plank to woo the voters. You ahve to realise that India is a truly democratic polity which guarantees freedom of speech & liberty in principle & practice. this plurality of our culture has ensured the survival of the oldest civilization on earth all through the ages.

My point was that everywhere you'll always have a few people saying "we want freedom". Obviously the majority of us do not, Gujarati's are happy with India as are Mahrathis (my mum comes from Mumbai).
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2006 at 08:57
I dont know where are you from, but I like to give more credance to the real life than Google.

I have stayed in the heart of Tamilnadu (interiors as well as the big cities) for more than 3 years & since my profession is dealing with people (in thousands), am in a better position to understand them & appreciate their feelings.

Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2006 at 09:12
I'm sure you did but I think you completly misunderstood me.

On google the first and only link on Tamil independence is:
http://www.geocities.com/tamiltribune/98/0701.html

I was trying to say that that is the only link I could find on the net. As there are no more it shows that Tamils want to be a part of India, like you are saying.

(To sum it up I am actually agreeing with you)

Edited by Anujkhamar - 07-Sep-2006 at 09:13
TeldeInduz View Drop Down
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2006 at 16:03
Of course you're all correct, no Tamil Nadu wanted an independent state..ever. DMK of course are not the independence party they say they are.

After that bit of sarcasm, a check of the seats won by DMK (who incidentally have had to drop their secessionist policy since the change of the Indian Constitution that prohibits them from doing so in order to participate in the Indian elections). will show that many of Tamil Nadu voters want to be seperated from India. In fact, 12 out of 39 seats were won by DMK in the last election.

Quoo-ray sha quadou sarre.................
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2006 at 17:40
The DMK is not only based in Tamil Nadu but in various "dravidian" states, so asking for a free Tamil Nadu is really on there agenda when they're expanding into other states(!)

DK never wanted a seperat Tamil Nadu, they wanted a seperate South India of states which were mainly from the Madras Presidency.

It's no longer the DMK's policy to fight for a seperate Tamil Nadu. I challenge you to find me a link stating that that is their current objective?

Edited by Anujkhamar - 07-Sep-2006 at 17:42
TeldeInduz View Drop Down
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2006 at 19:01
Originally posted by Anujkhamar

The DMK is not only based in Tamil Nadu but in various "dravidian" states, so asking for a free Tamil Nadu is really on there agenda when they're expanding into other states(!)

DK never wanted a seperat Tamil Nadu, they wanted a seperate South India of states which were mainly from the Madras Presidency.

It's no longer the DMK's policy to fight for a seperate Tamil Nadu. I challenge you to find me a link stating that that is their current objective?

Reason why it's not DMK policy to get a seperate state of Tamil Nadu anymore is because of the Sixteenth Amendment of the Indian Constitution, which prevents any secessionist party from taking part in the elections for the Indian leadership..they can still compete for autonomy to some extent which is what they run for.

Edited by TeldeInduz - 07-Sep-2006 at 19:02
Quoo-ray sha quadou sarre.................
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Sep-2006 at 19:15
Well in that case you can't say that people vote for it because they want independence, becasue the party can't give them it.

Are you aware DMK allied itself with Congress in the last elections?

edit: just read the second part of your post. It's like I said above, give the South it's own capital and then everyone stops complaining.

1) They would have a government looking after only their needs
2) They would no longer have to worry about Hindi
3) More or less have an autonomous region apart from Defence.

Edited by Anujkhamar - 07-Sep-2006 at 19:26
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Sep-2006 at 07:05
I don't think thats a good idea from India's perspective.

If the south has autonomy it would probably drift away from the north. Its already richer
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2006 at 06:45
DMK has also at times aligned with the BJP, the nationalistc party. And they dont want a capital in the south as that status would go to Bangalore & Karnataka is their biggest enemy. Furhter, nobody in the south wants a separate capital as they are all opposed to each other.

Anuj, what you say is true, but the view was prevalent in the erstwhile madras Presidency, because the entire south india was at that time the Madras presidency. (except  the nizamshahi which was as big as tamilnadu itself.) even at that time, people were unified in opposing hindi as the national language & not on a southern capital. The malyalees, kannads & the telgus would never tolerate a tamil capital. & For the record, the tamils are not a majority in the south india. With the reorganisation of state this problem died out.

Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2006 at 06:48
Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

I don't think thats a good idea from India's perspective.

If the south has autonomy it would probably drift away from the north. Its already richer

Omar, the south is in no way richer than the north. None of the southern states top the economic lists on any count. They are more prosperous than some of the northern states, but not the north.
maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Quote maqsad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2006 at 15:52
Originally posted by Vivek Sharma

Omar, the south is in no way richer than the north. None of the southern states top the economic lists on any count. They are more prosperous than some of the northern states, but not the north.

Arent they more literate and better educated than the north? Also..all the R&D facilities from companies like IBM, Hewlet Packard, Boeng etc go to Bangalore not Delhi. This is a bit stereotypical but don't people associate southies with brains and northies with brawn?

Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2006 at 17:48
The north has a higher GDP though. I've read in plenty of occaisiosn that Gujarat and Maharastra are the two most industrialised states in India, what ever that means.
maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Quote maqsad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2006 at 18:33
Originally posted by Anujkhamar

The north has a higher GDP though. I've read in plenty of occaisiosn that Gujarat and Maharastra are the two most industrialised states in India, what ever that means.

A higher GDP or a higher GDP per capita? GNP means nothing and GNP per capita means everything. Are you misquoting?

What about figures that hint towards future prosperity in the global information age? I can think of a few:

Average IQ,  Math and science scores of graduating highschoolers, Number of PHDs produced per capita and total, number of Universities total and per capita, lieracy rates, foreign direct investment in high tech industries on a large scale such as by HP, IBM, Boeng, Cisco etc. "Industrialized" just means theres a lot of factory production but the third world is moving into a different era of industrialization and the whole world is moving to a different era of global information trading and exchange so I am not sure blue collar industrialization means as much today as it did 100 years ago.
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2006 at 19:02
If i may just take the liberty to interject myself into this debate, but a point to note is that a lot employees in the IT sector are from the north and other parts of the country, these resentments had surfaced during the various riots.

Edited by malizai_ - 17-Sep-2006 at 19:03
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 04:23
Well the GSDP per capita for the following states are:

Tamil Nadu: Rs. 30416.75
Gujarat:       Rs. 33194.85
Maharastra: Rs. 34432.79

I think we all expected Maharstra to come on top, it is afterall the financial hub of India.
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 04:49
In all terms the north leads the way.

Most industrialized - Maharashtra, gujarat, haryana.
GDP - Maharashtra, Gujarat, UP
Per capita income GDP - Maharashtra, gujarat, haryana
Per capita income  -  Haryana & Punjab

Most industrialized & biggest city - Delhi, Bombay.

Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Vivek Sharma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 04:50
What about figures for baloochistan. Looking at them their demand seems to be highly justified.

Kashmir has one of the highest per capita incomes in India.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2006 at 04:53
Yes, since the Indian forces there are added.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>