Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

In Balkans we have?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
Author
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: In Balkans we have?
    Posted: 27-Aug-2006 at 17:34
You said, Akritas, the following

In the Balkans we have

Turks  claim that they are descents  of the Ionian Heritage
Bulgarians claim that they are descents of the Thracian Heritage
South Slavs claim that they are descents of the Macedonian-Illyrian-Thracian Heritage
Albanians claim that they are descents of the Illyrian heritage.

And Greeks that try to lie the whole world that they are descendats of the whole above. I posted several times suggestions saying that slavs came at 6th century and got mixed with Thracians, Illirians and others that still spoke their language and had their culture even if influenced by Greeks. Can you point at least one source that they come to desert? If not point your suggestions why shouldn't we consider ourselves to be descendants of the above nations? What is your phrase about places that produce history that you stupidly repeate every time? I cannot understand why you permanently take only one root of our nations and consider it major? Is it just because this makes you more comfortable to prove your nationalistic ideas?

You also wrote

All the above have two  common thinks
-They apearance historically in the Balkans after the 6th century.
-the mix theory(I speak only for the heritage)

So, what? What is bad in mix theory? Or it is again bad just because you cannot accept that you own nation borrowed a lot of things from your neighbors which make you not that much puffed up?
Arbr Z View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Arbr Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2006 at 18:33
Originally posted by Akritas

In the Balkans we have

Turks  claim that they are descents  of the Ionian Heritage
Bulgarians claim that they are descents of the Thracian Heritage
South Slavs claim that they are descents of the Macedonian-Illyrian-Thracian Heritage
Albanians claim that they are descents of the Illyrian heritage.

All the above have two  common thinks
-They apearance historically in the Balkans after the 6th century.
-the mix theory(I speak only for the heritage)

Akritas lately has been very upset, as I can state from this kind of posts.
Could he please explain what does he understand by only heritage?

Two corrections (not grammatical, dont' be affraid)

1. Albanians do not claim anything, they are descendants of the illyrians, culturally and genetically. 9 out of 10 scientists (not albanian and not nationalistic) accept this fact, proven by the language, the archaeological data, the genetics, antropology, ancient documents, various studies etc. If you want to start a discussion, on this issue of the origin of the albanians lets do it, I would be happy to be a part of it. I would like to discuss it with Phallanx too, but I didnt'join in time (he was already banned when I joined).

2. Albanians didnt'appear in the Illyric Penninsula in the VI century A.D. If you believe this, tell us what did Ptolemy mean by "The albani tribes" in the II century. And what about the Italians, they were mentioned even later, does this mean that they appeared in the XIX century with Garibaldi who brought them there from Latinamerica?

Addendum

The mix theory is not applied in albania, where the slavians (bulgarians mainly), the turks etc occupied the country but didnt settle there, so their imprints are visible in the albanian culture, not meaning that they genetically mixed with the albanians. Anyway, albanians, as well as every other nation in the world, are mixed at a certain amount. But there is no mix theory!

Excuse me if I didnt answer to your xenophobical provocation starting a flame war, but I cant offend Greece or hellenic culture/people. It would go against my feelings.
Prej heshtjes...!
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2006 at 18:49
Excuse me if I didnt answer to your xenophobical provocation starting a flame war, but I cant offend Greece or hellenic culture/people. It would go against my feelings.

Xenophobic? Tell what should I change to be not xenophobic. I do not offend greek culture, I offend some particular people. As for the rest part, I can say the same for Bulgarians. With the only difference that I have do not speak about linguistics regarding Thracians after only 4 inscriptions found (how many inscriptions in Illirian language are found?). 

Edited by Anton - 27-Aug-2006 at 19:01
Arbr Z View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Arbr Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2006 at 19:11
Originally posted by Anton

Xenophobic? Tell what should I change to be not xenophobic. I do not offend greek culture, I offend some particular people. As for the rest part, I can say the same for Bulgarians. With the only difference that I have do not speak about linguistics regarding Thracians after only 4 inscriptions found (how many inscriptions in Illirian language are found?). 

Anton, I was replying to akritas not to you?!?!? Illyrian language is studied also by the toponyms and by the numbers of words surviving. Thracian is believed that has been near to illyrian, and also some thracian words have a cognate in modern albanian.
Prej heshtjes...!
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2006 at 19:26
Sorry, Arbr Z  Smile 
Why this topic was moved to Archeology and Anthropology?
violentjack View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote violentjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2006 at 07:54
After testing Illyrian genes, on all people of Balkans:Bulgarians,Greeks,Albanians,Croats and Bosniaks, they found one thing which denies Albanian claim

Ethnic group with Illyrian gene most prevalent is Bosniaks

Out of those Albanians trail Bosniaks and Croats, in Illyrian ancestry.

Albanians arent Illyrians, neither by history
Or by race which was proven

You can write here, try to make yourself highely better, or your fake history, but think which was decided is that majority of Albanians arent of Illyrian ancestry.

So, you have no right, to claim something, when you cant even pass simple Illyrian genetics, that you dont have!

Bosnjaci,probudite se ili nestanite
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2006 at 08:08
Originally posted by violentjack

After testing Illyrian genes, on all people of Balkans:Bulgarians,Greeks,Albanians,Croats and Bosniaks, they found one thing which denies Albanian claim

You can write here, try to make yourself highely better, or your fake history, but think which was decided is that majority of Albanians arent of Illyrian ancestry.

So, you have no right, to claim something, when you cant even pass simple Illyrian genetics, that you dont have!

Violentjack, before using genetics you need to find some material taken from bones of real Illirians. I am not sure it is done. Actually, I am sure it was not done, since all papers I read on this topic used materials from currently living people. So, molecular genetics is powerfull tool in these questions but one should be very careful.
Arbr Z View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Arbr Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2006 at 08:11
violentjack: After testing Illyrian genes, on all people of Balkans:Bulgarians,Greeks,Albanians,Croats and Bosniaks, they found one thing which denies Albanian claim

Look who we have back
The violent angry bosnian Jack

Was that study made in the ex-yugoslavian countries?Vulkan02 posted its results in another thread here on AE, you can find it on Historical Amusement - Are the Bosnian Illyrians?? (cause there it belongs). How did you decide which of the genes was the illyrian one, or just from comparing croatian and bosnian and finding the mostly shared?You Jack are a master of anthropology. You were here before the dawn of the civilisation, and your ancestors were called hominis bosniacis. (I beg my pardon to all the other bosnians).

Where was it proven? How? Why arent this newly arranged studies published all over the scientific institutions dealing with history?What is this thing of the albanian race?How is it like, enlighten me?

Is this a personal offence trying to hurt my national feelings? Who do you think you are trying to show me what to claim or not? Dude, do not waste your time spamming, try to heal from your (irreparable I guess) psychological complexes.
It is not a shame to be slavic, it is not a shame to be southern slavic, it is not a shame to live in a place where your ancestors joined in the V cent.AD. and it is not a shame to be kin to serbian in everything, but religion. So accept what you are, dont get complexed!

As I wrote to Akritas, if you have something to contest on the albanians origin, then start another thread, I would be happy (just an expression) to answer.
Prej heshtjes...!
akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Quote akritas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2006 at 08:42
Anton when you start a thread as about me and my  post  the fair is to put the all Post and not a cutting sentence

My post was an answer in your claim that said

As for modern Macedonians, they are not just Slavs since Slavs didn't come to desert, but mixed with autochtonic population here. Hence their ancestors are Ancient Macedonians as well. And modern Greeks should share Macedonian heritage with modern Macedonians, whether they like it or not. And this will become a fact soon or later, and already becomes actually.

My answer started with .....Because some Bulgarians (incuding and you ) beleive in the theory that say.... the living place produce history and not the people.... that not mean that the Greeks must share  the Macedonian  heritage with the  Slavs.

My belief (stupid as you said) that is not enouph for somebody to claim that he is Greek, Thracian, Illyrian, Macedonian,Ionians e.t.c. if he cannot prove that he is indeed Geek,Illyrian,Thracian .t.c. and that is not enouph for somoebody to live in Greece,Thracia,Illyria to be called a Greek e.t.c.
If the present population of Greece left the country and Chinese arrived to reside does this mean that the Chinese residents would be Hellenes? The same  question goes in you of course as also and the Albanian Arber.
My answer is of course not.

The national identification needeed to prooved, verified scientifically and to be followed by research focusing the people and theirs racial and heritage elements.
When I mean verified scientifically that mean coorporate researchers of various fields such as historians,anthopologists,archaelogists,sociologists,linguists and many others.

these  for the beginning.

Arbr Z View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Arbr Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2006 at 08:48
Akritas, ok let us discuss on what you claim. Tell me, which was this significant invasion that provided the interruption between illyrian and albanian? As I am repeating, in this region the occupators didnt settle, so there is a continuity.
Prej heshtjes...!
akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Quote akritas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2006 at 09:19
Originally posted by Arbr Z

Akritas, ok let us discuss on what you claim. Tell me, which was this significant invasion that provided the interruption between illyrian and albanian? As I am repeating, in this region the occupators didnt settle, so there is a continuity.
Slavic Invasion
akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Quote akritas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2006 at 09:31
Originally posted by Arbr Z

As I wrote to Akritas, if you have something to contest on the albanians origin, then start another thread, I would be happy (just an expression) to answer.
I didn't say nothing as about the Albanian origin.If you beleive that your ancsestors is a tribe that..

-identified themeselfs as Illyrians and not Squipetaries or Albanians
-the  language is unknown

then beilive what want to do.

And you see that there are and others that claim  Illyrrian heritage!!!
The Slovenian,Bosnian and Croatian.And theirs arguments are
-burial rites
-stone lined graves
-smashing of pottery
-Mediavel names like Licca,Batoio,Pletti e.t.c.
-Cyclic dance colo

Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2006 at 09:48
Originally posted by akritas

Anton when you start a thread as about me and my  post  the fair is to put the all Post and not a cutting sentence

Sorry about that. My fault. Youput it instead of me.

My belief (stupid as you said) that is not enouph for somebody to claim that he is Greek, Thracian, Illyrian, Macedonian,Ionians e.t.c. if he cannot prove that he is indeed Geek,Illyrian,Thracian .t.c. and that is not enouph for somoebody to live in Greece,Thracia,Illyria to be called a Greek e.t.c.

This is no need to prove that actually. If you have a nation and another nation 2000 years later it is logical that is the same nation developend into another. Until you prove that this first nation somehow died or moved.

If the present population of Greece left the country and Chinese arrived to reside does this mean that the Chinese residents would be Hellenes? The same  question goes in you of course as also and the Albanian Arber.
My answer is of course not.

So, can you prove that present population of Greece in your example (or Illirians and Thracians in the topic) indeed left the country? I am not tqlking about Macedonians now. Let us concentrate on those two gropus of tribes. Nobody, except maybe your beloved Zlatarski, proved this.

When I mean verified scientifically that mean coorporate researchers of various fields such as historians,anthopologists,archaelogists,sociologists,linguists and many others.

It is being done. Especially by molecular genetic methods, since linguistic is unsure (4 inscritprions is to small amount of words to be used to prove something).

these  for the beginning.

Thanks for that, now please answer the major question -- show something, that proves that Thracians and Illirians moved.

Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2006 at 09:50

Originally posted by Arbлr Z

Slavic Invasion

Slavic invasion was huge and they settled up to south of Greece. Why then Greeks are the same as Ancient Greeks? Note, I do not claim the opposite, I just show you that your logic is applicable to modern Greek nation as well.
nikodemos View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote nikodemos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2006 at 10:02
The lack of sources about the connection between the Illyrians and the Albanians can not be taken as proof that the former are ancestors of the latter.
The Albanians appeared for the first time in the 11th century.Prior to this date there is no source mentioning their presence in the region  despite the fact that in the region of modern day Albania there was one of the largest Byzantine cities,Dyrrachium.So,why didn't the Byzantines notice their presence prior to the 11th century,if the Albanian were always there on the mountains of Albania?The Byzantines had a clear knowledge of the people who were living inside the boundaries of the empire,and outside as well.
One could say that the Albanians are descendants of a migratory people that settled in the region during the Dark Ages,when the byzantine authorities had no control over the northern Balkans(6th century).
On the other hand some late Byzantine sources clearly mention the Albanians sometimes as Illyrians.

Edited by nikodemos - 28-Aug-2006 at 10:07
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2006 at 10:08
Originally posted by nikodemos

The lack of sources about the connection between the Illyrians and the Albanians can not be taken as proof that the former are ancestors of the latter.

The lack of sources that Illirians/Thracians disapear could be used as an argument that they didn't disappear. And this argument is true untill somebody proves the opposite. You have sources that they were there 2000 years ago, and no arguments that they disappear or moved. Thus, they still live there. Even if some other nations came to the same place.

Edited by Anton - 28-Aug-2006 at 10:09
nikodemos View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote nikodemos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2006 at 10:15
There is silence of historical sources prior to the 11th century.So,can we just say that the Albanians are descendants of the Illyrians just because they happen to live at a place where the Illyrian tribes lived? there were hundreds other tribes that could settle there during the middle ages
The Carpians for example invaded several times the Roman provinces.Is there any source that they disapppeared?No.So what happened to them.Is it not possible that some of them settled at remote places,for example the Albanian mountains?Or the Goths.Does any source say explicitly that they all left the Balkans?Or any other barbaric tribe.....

Edited by nikodemos - 28-Aug-2006 at 10:16
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2006 at 10:25
Goths moved to Italy. This was shown in some sources. Most likely they didnt move all. I do not remember exactly but I saw some source where it was shown about a guy who was Goth after Theodorih.
According to Herodotus, Thracians and Illirians were most numbered tribes. It number was more than two millions as I remember.
akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Quote akritas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2006 at 10:27

Sorry about that. My fault. Youput it instead of me.
I accept your apologize Smile

So, can you prove that present population of Greece in your example (or Illirians and Thracians in the topic) indeed left the country? I am not tqlking about Macedonians now. Let us concentrate on those two gropus of tribes. Nobody, except maybe your beloved Zlatarski, proved this.
Zlatarski, Ostogorski,Stein all of these are the best historician regarding the medieval Valkan.You rejected them , but the majority of academaic wolds  accept theirs works.
The Greek people in the Greece(except the major cities) is known that settle under Slavic invasion at the islands. I

It is being done. Especially by molecular genetic methods, since linguistic is unsure (4 inscritprions is to small amount of words to be used to prove something).
As I said is not only the genetics.Are more than a  molocular test

Thanks for that, now please answer the major question -- show something, that proves that Thracians and Illirians moved
The Thracian region until 11th cent was a region that was not never in calm.Hun,Goth,Slavs,Tartars and many other tribes is known from the historical written sourses that destoyed the Thracian region.
And finally you don't have either sources that stayed.Or you beleived that the Roman-Byzantine citizens at that times sit and were not mooved when the "barbarians" tribes attacked them?

akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Quote akritas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2006 at 10:32

Originally posted by Arbлr Z

Slavic Invasion

Slavic invasion was huge and they settled up to south of Greece. Why then Greeks are the same as Ancient Greeks? Note, I do not claim the opposite, I just show you that your logic is applicable to modern Greek nation as well.

I never claimed racial continuity.I speak for Historical Heritage..Anyway there are sources as I that, mention  Greeks went in major cities(Patras,Thessaloniki,Athens) and the islands.The Byzantines took over the region again after 100 years, and there are many historical and archaeloogical sourses that support my claim.

Edited by akritas - 28-Aug-2006 at 10:33
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>