Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

the jewish diaspora

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gramberto View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote gramberto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: the jewish diaspora
    Posted: 24-Aug-2006 at 17:04
From what I have been studying it seems that cultures and ethnic groups generally come and go through out history. Conquered, inter-marriage, migration, and just general change.

However, we here about jews going back to what 3,000 BC?

1. Have any other cultures/ethnic groups last that long?

2. Jews are also considered an ethnic group in europe. However, there are jews in Ethiopia and the middle east. Are these different ethnic groups that converted to judaism or do they all come from the same stock of people?

3. Why has judaism last so long when so many other cultures have not? They really have never been very powerful or numerous.

BTW, these do not imply any type of racial or ethnic bigotry. Please keep that out of the thread.
erkut View Drop Down
General
General
Persona non Grata

Quote erkut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Aug-2006 at 18:14
China, Turks, Iran.

2. Jews are also considered an ethnic group in europe. However, there are jews in Ethiopia and the middle east. Are these different ethnic groups that converted to judaism or do they all come from the same stock of people?
Yes there are differnt ethnic groups converted judaism.

3. Why has judaism last so long when so many other cultures have not? They really have never been very powerful or numerous. 
Because their religion keep them togather.

xristar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote xristar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Aug-2006 at 10:14
3.000BC? Yeah right.

1. Turks? Hah!
2. Why? You think the european jews are of the same stock with palestine jews? They are probably remanants of the Khazarian jews. They are russians.
3. You realize that the jewish nation is a bit artificial. How many of the modern jews speak aramaic, or better said, how many had ancestors who spoke aramaic.

Defeat allows no explanation
Victory needs none.
It insults the dead when you treat life carelessly.
erkut View Drop Down
General
General
Persona non Grata

Quote erkut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2006 at 17:24
Originally posted by xristar

3.000BC? Yeah right.

1. Turks? Hah!
2. They are probably remanants of the Khazarian jews. They are russians.

Yes TurksEmbarrassed
Bytheway Khazarians are not Russian. Khazars are Turkic. To day Karaimers are grandchilds of Khazars. Karaimers spoke Turkish but they are jew
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2006 at 18:22
1. If your going to throw in Turks you might as well place celts, slavs and germans into there. As well as Indians, I mean they were living in the same area back then. -maybe not the celts.

2. If you have a jewish mother most jews consider you an ethnic jew, at least from a theophilosical standpoint.

3. Through a combination of Christian and Muslim hospitality and the fact that since the majority of the jews in the later roman empire were dispersed in cities they didn't farm but controlled trade related industries, which made them vital to medieval economies.
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
erkut View Drop Down
General
General
Persona non Grata

Quote erkut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2006 at 12:49
Originally posted by JanusRook

1. If your going to throw in Turks you might as well place celts, slavs and germans into there. As well as Indians, I mean they were living in the same area back then. -maybe not the celts.

İ was just giving examples.
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2006 at 17:04
İ was just giving examples.

Sorry if I offended you Erkut, I just know how we have so many turkophiles making outrageous claims sometimes. Wink
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Achilles View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Achilles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2006 at 21:44
hehe i like that term Turkophiles
Der Erste hat den Tod,
Der Zweite hat die Not,
Der Dritte erst hat Brot.

Fur immer frei und ungeteilt
-always free and undivided-

Patrinos View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Patrinos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Sep-2006 at 18:21
However, we here about jews going back to what 3,000 BC?

3000 BC. Where did you read that??

I suppose that you forgot the Greeks,by mistake of course,when you were writing that question.
 Post Reply Post Reply