Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedOlmec of african descent?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Olmec of african descent?
    Posted: 05-Mar-2007 at 08:44

Yes, I remember now. I was ban from there because I complain about certain racist oppinions against the Yamanas, the natives of southern Patagonia.

It is a small world. Isn't?

Kawashkar/Pinguin LOL

Jams View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2007 at 15:21
(Sorry about this off topic post)
You were banned? That's odd, you never wrote anything offensive that I could tell. Oh well.
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2007 at 21:38
Well, in one moment I had the bad idea of saying that Hitler was the man that had killed more Europeans ever in history. I was banned for that. It was in the context of defending the Yamanas, natives of the southern tip of South America.

Glad to meet you here.

Omar Vega (Pinguin/Kawashkar)
Jams View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Mar-2007 at 03:17
Well, Hitler was surely responsible for the most deaths ever.
Joe Boxer View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2007 at 11:40
Stalin was.
Mughal-e-Azam
Decebal View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Digital Prometheus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2007 at 11:58

Meh, it's hard to assign blame and say that one person was so much worse than the other... This discussion again.... What about the anonymous inventor of gunpowder? Or what about certain figures in Chinese history, such as An Lu Shan or Hong Xiuquan , who are both held responsible for 20-30 million deaths each? Or what about Genghis Khan or Tamerlane?

Can we stop diverting discussions to topics such as "who's the worst criminal", please? There have been lots of mass murderers in history and even more topics on AE about their relative "merits". Surely, we don't need to hijack other threads for this purpose...

What is history but a fable agreed upon?
Napoleon Bonaparte

Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.- Mohandas Gandhi

Patch View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2007 at 10:29
While not suggesting that the Olmecs came from Africa there is evidence from reputable sources that the earliest inhabitants of South America were of Negroid appearance.  Human remains of people similar to the Australian Aborigines have been found in South America predating the arrival of those of Mongloid appearance.
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2007 at 16:19
Originally posted by Patch

While not suggesting that the Olmecs came from Africa there is evidence from reputable sources that the earliest inhabitants of South America were of Negroid appearance.  Human remains of people similar to the Australian Aborigines have been found in South America predating the arrival of those of Mongloid appearance.

It may be. Not precisely Australian aboriguines as you claim, but people similar to the Ainus of Japan, that were quite common in Ancient times in Asia, and some of whose descendents are the Indonesians and Polynesians.

Now, some loonies think the Patagones were australoids. Believe me, I know that people because they are fellow Chileans and they looked Amerindian. Pure Amerindian. The rest is fantasy.

Strange View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2007 at 15:14
Well actually there is more evidence(not just skeletons) That point to an African prescence in the New World. Taken from "They Came Before Columbus" by Ivan Van Sertima: "The Indians gave proof that they were trading with black people. They brought to the Spanish concrete evidence of this trade: "The Indians of Espanola (Current day Haiti and Dominican Republic) said there had come black people who have the tops of their spears made of metal which they call gua-nin, of which he (Coloumbus) had sent samples to the Sovereigns to have them assayed,when it was found that out of 32 parts, 18 were of gold, 6 of silver and 8 of Copper"

"The origin of the word guanin may be tracked down in the Mande languages of West Africa, through Mandingo, Kabunga, Toronka, Kankanka, Bambara, Mande, and Vei. In Vei, we have the form of the word ka-na which transliterated into native phonetics, would give us gua-nin. 

"In Columbus's journal "gold" is given as coa-na while gua-nin is recorded as an island where there  is much gold. But Fray Bartolome- de las Casas, the Spanish scholar who traveled with Columbus and who was often appalled by his linguistic blunders, even in the use of Castilian Spanish, wrote  in the margin of the journal 'This guanin is no island but that gold which according to the Indians had an odor for which they valued it much.' Similarily in Raccolta, the Italian account of the voyage, one reads "there were pieces of gua-nin as large as the caravel's poop' "

" On his third voyage he (Columbus) came upon more evidence of the contact between Guinea and the New World. From a settlement along the South American coast on which his men landed on Tuesday, August 7, the natives brought handkerchiefs of cotton very sysmetrically woven nd worked in colors like those brought from Guinea,from the rivers of Sierra Leone and of no differnece. Not only were they alike in style and color but also in function. These handkerchiefs he said ' resembled almayzars- Guinea headdresses and loin cloths. 'Each one is a cloth so woven in colors that is appeared an almayzar with one tied on the head and the other covering the rest.'

"These were the earliest documented traces of the African presence. Within the first and second decades of the so-called "discovery", African settlements and artifacts were to be sighted by the Spanish. When they were not reported as mere asides they were ignored or suppressed. But history is not easily buried. In the oral tradtions of the Native Americans and Guinea Africans, in the footnotes of the Spanish and Portugese documents, part of the story lies. Another part lies emblamed under American and African earth. As this earth is now being lifted by archaelogical picks and trowels, a new skeleton emerges of the history of these adjaecent worlds." 
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2007 at 22:57
Originally posted by Strange

Well actually there is more evidence(not just skeletons) That point to an African prescence in the New World. Taken from "They Came Before Columbus" by Ivan Van Sertima: ....

Come on. Ivan Van Sertima is a clown. A very smart guy that had make a fortune saling fantasies to Black people. Nothing of what he say in that book correspond to anything real.

For credibility, I bet the Book of Mormon and its "lamanites" bull is more precise LOLLOLLOL

Sorry,

Pinguin
Malik View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 07:02

Well actually there is more evidence(not just skeletons) That point to an African prescence in the New World. Taken from "They Came Before Columbus" by Ivan Van Sertima: "The Indians gave proof that they were trading with black people. They brought to the Spanish concrete evidence of this trade: "The Indians of Espanola (Current day Haiti and Dominican Republic) said there had come black people who have the tops of their spears made of metal which they call gua-nin, of which he (Coloumbus) had sent samples to the Sovereigns to have them assayed,when it was found that out of 32 parts, 18 were of gold, 6 of silver and 8 of Copper"

"The origin of the word guanin may be tracked down in the Mande languages of West Africa, through Mandingo, Kabunga, Toronka, Kankanka, Bambara, Mande, and Vei. In Vei, we have the form of the word ka-na which transliterated into native phonetics, would give us gua-nin. 

"In Columbus's journal "gold" is given as coa-na while gua-nin is recorded as an island where there  is much gold. But Fray Bartolome- de las Casas, the Spanish scholar who traveled with Columbus and who was often appalled by his linguistic blunders, even in the use of Castilian Spanish, wrote  in the margin of the journal 'This guanin is no island but that gold which according to the Indians had an odor for which they valued it much.' Similarily in Raccolta, the Italian account of the voyage, one reads "there were pieces of gua-nin as large as the caravel's poop' "

" On his third voyage he (Columbus) came upon more evidence of the contact between Guinea and the New World. From a settlement along the South American coast on which his men landed on Tuesday, August 7, the natives brought handkerchiefs of cotton very sysmetrically woven nd worked in colors like those brought from Guinea,from the rivers of Sierra Leone and of no differnece. Not only were they alike in style and color but also in function. These handkerchiefs he said ' resembled almayzars- Guinea headdresses and loin cloths. 'Each one is a cloth so woven in colors that is appeared an almayzar with one tied on the head and the other covering the rest.'

"These were the earliest documented traces of the African presence. Within the first and second decades of the so-called "discovery", African settlements and artifacts were to be sighted by the Spanish. When they were not reported as mere asides they were ignored or suppressed. But history is not easily buried. In the oral tradtions of the Native Americans and Guinea Africans, in the footnotes of the Spanish and Portugese documents, part of the story lies. Another part lies emblamed under American and African earth. As this earth is now being lifted by archaelogical picks and trowels, a new skeleton emerges of the history of these adjaecent worlds." 

Interesting
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 11:44
Originally posted by Malik

Well actually there is more evidence(not just skeletons) That point to an African prescence in the New World. Taken from "They Came Before Columbus" by Ivan Van Sertima:...

Interesting

Yes. As interesting as the myth of big foot and Snow-white LOLLOLLOL

Pinguin
Strange View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 12:20
Saying something is crap has no basis unless you bring evidence against it. I could have said everything you said is BS but I didnt instead I brought evidence to prove a point. Now I sense you saying my source is biased. Funny considering that most of the mainstream history that is taught in schools takes their information from mainly European sources of the era and we all know what most (notice I didnt say all) of them thought about other people around the world (Let alone those oh so primitive and savage Africans)
Strange View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 12:25
Oh yea and btw I might add this man has credible sources from which he gets his information and he lists them after each chapter in the book. You should read it sometime Wink
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 12:26
Originally posted by pinguin

Well actually there is more evidence(not just skeletons) That point to an African prescence in the New World. Taken from "They Came Before Columbus" by Ivan Van Sertima: ....

Come on. Ivan Van Sertima is a clown. A very smart guy that had make a fortune saling fantasies to Black people. Nothing of what he say in that book correspond to anything real.

For credibility, I bet the Book of Mormon and its "lamanites" bull is more precise LOLLOLLOL

Sorry,

Pinguin

Doctor Ivan Van Sertima is a full professor of African studies at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey.  He and many of his ideas are highly respected in the Academic community and has a higher degree of credibility than the pretenders you quote.

Pinguin, I am getting tired of your abusiveness and the lack of credible responses.  It's typical of someone with no real credible response to ridicule the person he's debating.

"Nothing of what he says corresponds to anything real" back it up,[ with sources, credible ones, facts, not biased, opinionated garbage]

Back it up or shut up.

Edited by red clay - 14-Jul-2007 at 12:30
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Strange View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 13:22
I still dont see how this disproves the possiblilty of African trade in the New World.

Edited by Strange - 14-Jul-2007 at 13:22
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 13:37

How?

It is not a matter of disprove it. The opposite is what you need. It is a matter of proving it!

Any crazy fellow can claim anything. The fantasies has to be proven. There is NOT A SINGLE proof of contact with Africans. Even more, there is lot of evidence there was not contact at all.

Come on. West Africans didn't even colonize Cape Verde :) :) They lacked the sail! Actually Amerindians were more advanced than them in navigation.

This afrolunacy is just a stupid theory to rise the pride in A.A. schools that has no ground on reality.

It is not an innocent theory, though, because it is robbing the heritage of an Amerindian people that own its in justice.

Pinguin

Strange View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 13:46

Why would they want to colonize Cape Verde anyway? its a palce that lacks resources and  good rainfall. Come on Think about it. And how can you disprove the lingual evidence that Coloumbus recorded himself?

Strange View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 13:52
Not to mention that you seemed to ignore my post about Ivan's sources.If he was making all this up why would he bother with putting sources at the end of every chapter. In order to effectively disprove him, you need to go and discredit EVERY SINGLE source he gave in the book including the historical EUROPEAN ones
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Jul-2007 at 13:53
Just to make sure everyone knows pinguins agenda, the real one, this is a post taken from ratehispanics-

Originally Posted by pinguin
Why don't you go back to your Black alley then and leave Latino people alone?

We know you came here for the chicks, what else someone like you would be looking for, And we know you have a duty to f---k as many women you can, so you can say it proudly I f---k this and I f---k that. You want to show that Black men are not so unbelievable ugly like many people suspect.

You Blacks don't even have an education enough to keep your sexual lifes for yourself like my people do. You are so ordinary an low class, that only the worst of us could be attracted to you. You know that very well.

And for your Black chicks, although I respect them because they are women, and I would never say they are "bitches" like you do with all women, I don't feel much attracted to them.

I am just sorry they have to stand a kind of people like you that can't form stable families at all and that live most theirs lifes at jail. Men that never take responsabilities and that only worry about theirs d--k. No wonder you can even get 60 at IQ test!

Yeah! Black women is the only valuable you people have. I respect them.

Pinguin

Pinguin, I don't waste my time on racist morons.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>