Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Spot the difference! More Cartoons...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spot the difference! More Cartoons...
    Posted: 17-Aug-2006 at 09:02
Spot the difference!

Which of these cartoons was published first in "Der Stuermer", a notorious Anti-Jewish magazine in Nazi-Germany, published by Julius Streicher ( 1946 executed) and which was published recently by an Iranian website, as part of an international cartoon festival.

If you have been wondering, why I defended the right of Israel to exist ( although in a different form), here's the reason.

For more pictures from the Mullahs's social event of the season , see

[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
DukeC View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote DukeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2006 at 12:22
The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2006 at 13:38
Originally posted by Komnenos

Are those two buildings Christian churches (the one on the left presumably Russian orthodox) in the lower left corner?
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2006 at 16:27
Originally posted by Mixcoatl

Are those two buildings Christian churches (the one on the left presumably Russian orthodox) in the lower left corner?

I presume the cartoon is about the recent events in the Lebanon and those two Churches refer to the various Christian Groups in the country (Maronites, Eastern Orthodox, etc).

Edited by Komnenos - 17-Aug-2006 at 16:28
Maharbbal View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Maharbbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2006 at 16:32
Has any one seen the actual caricatures of the contest? (this one Kom is a "cartoon of the day" of the website not one of the international contest but one taken from the press).
I am a free donkey!
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Aug-2006 at 16:43
Originally posted by Maharbbal

Has any one seen the actual caricatures of the contest? (this one Kom is a "cartoon of the day" of the website not one of the international contest but one taken from the press).

It's part of cartoon festival alright, see:

The website is a bit unreliable and slow, probably down to huge traffic ( as all the usual suspects come to have a look and giggle)
Cunctator View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Cunctator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Aug-2006 at 16:53
And very little mention was made (or is ever made) by the Western mainstream about the anti-semitism in the Arab and Iranian press. To do that might undermine the role, in the eyes of western liberals, of the Arabs and Iranians as victims.
 Post Reply Post Reply