Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Adnan Hadji story

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Adnan Hadji story
    Posted: 11-Aug-2006 at 17:52
My choice for the "Picture of the Month" in this month's Community Newsletter ( http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13810&FID=3&PR=3 ) was a photograph of a Lebanese doctor, holding in his arms a dead child that had been killed during the Israeli bombardment of Qana, that  caused about 30 casualities.
I thought it expressed the horrors and the futility of the war between Israel and the Hezbollah quite well.
I learned later that the picture was staged  by its photographer, the Lebanese freelancer Adnan Hadji who succeeded to get the image on every frontpage on the globe. Staging a photo like that is a rather tasteless enterprise, although that does take nothing away from the devastating effects of israel's attack on the Lebanese village.
Hadji worked mainly for the international press agency Reuter, which has now suspended him, after it was discovered that he had manipulated images that showed an alleged Israeli attack on Beirut. With some imaginative  photo-shopping he created photos of the aftermath of an Israeli bomb attack that so never happened.
Apparently that wasn't the first time that his photos had been quite economical with the thruth.

Anyway, a timely reminder  not believe all that you see, hear and read in the World's media ( and I'm not even talking about Fox' news), even if you want to.

Edited by Komnenos - 11-Aug-2006 at 18:08
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2006 at 17:56
Surely we need to check and recheck multiple sources from different agencies in order to get a bigger picture of our news.
The Chargemaster View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Kishokan

Quote The Chargemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2006 at 18:34

06.08.06.FirstCasualty-X.gif

Heres another animated GIF I just put together, showing another section that is very obviously duplicated:

And heres a zoomed-in version of the above cloning example (step back from the monitor for the best view of the effect):

Edited by The Chargemaster - 11-Aug-2006 at 18:35
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2006 at 19:24
Originally posted by Komnenos

With some imaginative  photo-shopping he created photos of the aftermath of an Israeli bomb attack that so never happened.

The attack did happen, he just made the smoke darker and added more.

The doctored photo on the left, the original on the right.

[IMG]http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/9259/1xw2.jpg">
DukeC View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote DukeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2006 at 19:57
This is a war for public opinion as much as it is for terrain. It doesn't change the fact that a lot of people have lost their lives, been injured or had to be evacuated from their homes. The property damage is also large, although I think it will be less than we're currently being told by the media in Lebanon.
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2006 at 20:04
Originally posted by Seko

Surely we need to check and recheck multiple sources from different agencies in order to get a bigger picture of our news.

News media is typicaly weak in that department, as they are in the busniess of rushing (and sensationalising) whatever it is they report.

I don't get why he did it, i mean, the changes don't add much, and they so looked photoshoped, it makes no sense to me.

Edited by Cywr - 11-Aug-2006 at 20:07
Arrrgh!!"
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2006 at 20:59
I don't get why he did it either. It is not like there is not enought smoke in the original picture in the first place. 
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2006 at 21:02
It is misconduct, unprofessional and, I agree. Does it make a difference to the story, NO!.
The big bad wolf ate grandma and it doesnt matter how long his tail was or how sharp were his teeth.
Gundamor View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Gundamor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2006 at 21:16
Originally posted by malizai_

It is misconduct, unprofessional and, I agree.Does it make a difference to the story, NO!.
The big bad wolf ate grandma and it doesnt matter how long his tail was or how sharp were his teeth.

Your obviously missing his point. He added alot more residential type buildings closer to the 1 bomb hit. In the original shot it looks like a backside shot with an open area behind it. He added all sorts of extra stuff to present a case that Israel is bombing without thought. Same goes with the Jet fighter one. Its made to look like its dumping its entire ordanance which presents more of a wreckless picture. Those were the minor ones. He's not the only one that does this. Other famous agencies are notorious for cheerleading during protests. Telling people to pump their fists and whip them up into a fevour. People are so easily manipulated its ridiculous.

Edited by Gundamor - 11-Aug-2006 at 22:02
"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind"
Mila View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Mila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2006 at 21:22
It's wrong, but it's no worse than the American media not informing Americans the West Bank and Gaza strip are even occupied, calling illegal settlements that violate the Geneva Conventions "neighborhoods", and saying Palestinian children who were killed by roadside bombs planted by the Israelies near schoolyards "kicked left-over weapons".
[IMG]http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/9259/1xw2.jpg">
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2006 at 23:23
The Jetfighter one was the dumbest of all.
But still, even for the smoke/bombing pic alone, his additions are minimal, and the time and effort spent doing so pathetic.
Arrrgh!!"
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2006 at 13:01
Originally posted by Mila

It's wrong, but it's no worse than the American media not informing Americans the West Bank and Gaza strip are even occupied, calling illegal settlements that violate the Geneva Conventions "neighborhoods", and saying Palestinian children who were killed by roadside bombs planted by the Israelies near schoolyards "kicked left-over weapons".

Not to mention after 9/11 , they showed Videos of Palestinians cheering that was dated and old and recycled it as 'new' to show how the Palestinians loved 9/11.

The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2006 at 15:13
"THIS ONE'S ALIVE!".. yeah, reminds me of THIS from Qana where 70+ civilians were supposedly killed, then 52 but now confirmed at 28. Similar to Houla where 40 people were declared dead, but now only 1 has been confirmed.

Its kind of a hobby of mine to collect BS news like this and it has been coming out of Lebanon since day one. The worst has always come out of Arab Palestine though.

Youtube has a video to sum up on the topic. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RxK9r4MESY

malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2006 at 15:28
Originally posted by Gundamor

Originally posted by malizai_

It is misconduct, unprofessional and, I agree. Does it make a difference to the story, NO!.

Your obviously missing his point. He added alot more residential type buildings closer to the 1 bomb hit. In the original shot it looks like a backside shot with an open area behind it. He added all sorts of extra stuff to present a case that Israel is bombing without thought. Same goes with the Jet fighter one. Its made to look like its dumping its entire ordanance which presents more of a wreckless picture. Those were the minor ones. He's not the only one that does this. Other famous agencies are notorious for cheerleading during protests. Telling people to pump their fists and whip them up into a fevour. People are so easily manipulated its ridiculous.

Gundamor

I am more than ready accept the reasons behind that dodgy doctoring(reminds me of Collin powwow presentation at the UN) and my point to that author would be u didn't need to doctor anything, as the gross misuse of firepower is self-evident. They are doing worse than your doctored images can care to show.
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2006 at 16:16
Originally posted by Afghanan

Not to mention after 9/11 , they showed Videos of Palestinians cheering that was dated and old and recycled it as 'new' to show how the Palestinians loved 9/11.

Can you please provide evidence for this assertion?
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2006 at 19:53
Originally posted by cattus

"THIS ONE'S ALIVE!".. yeah, reminds me of THIS from Qana where 70+ civilians were supposedly killed, then 52 but now confirmed at 28. Similar to Houla where 40 people were declared dead, but now only 1 has been confirmed.

Cattus, the Qana incident was not a hot news because of the numbers of children killed in it, it was actually a  reminder of the 1996 Qana bombing of the UN shelter that killed over 100 civilians mostly women and children.

I am sure there are many exaggerated images of the conflict, which comes naturally from the side that can only get sympathy through photoage and not public relation campagins as Israel. However, the conflict is so filled with evidance of indiscrimenate targetting of civilians and civilian structures and buildings that photage editing cannot change the overall view.

Civilians convoy targetting multiple times, and recently just yesterday. Ambulances, power plants, any moving vehicle south of the Litani river. I mean literally "any moving" vehicle. That is what Israel warned. Sounds Israel is has put its warning clears. How odd do you find it to warn residents to flee, but hitting any vehicle moving and any convoy despite minimum due-care? Ambulances? Sure, it is moving vehicles south of the Litani river. Israel has warned already, so no blame i guessConfused
D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2006 at 19:54
Originally posted by Mila

The attack did happen, he just made the smoke darker and added more.

The doctored photo on the left, the original on the right.

Hmm, the smoke is so unnatural and clearly edited too. Adnan needs more classes in photoshop.

D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2006 at 03:33
Please ,ok ge, save it. That was not a defense of Qana, but Israel is not only fighting a spineless enemy that hides among women and children but it is also fighting propaganda and exaggerations, that is the issue.

"Ambulances?" you say.. unfortunately with an enemy like this, it coulld be one of these,you never know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ONKb9J2YeU
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2006 at 13:50
Originally posted by bg_turk

Originally posted by Afghanan

Can you please provide evidence for this assertion?

It was on MSNBC on TV a long time ago. 
The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
 Post Reply Post Reply